It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Hacked!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
yeah, if they can shake it off as a sunk cost and not let it impact their future decisions, but that's probably impossible. they definitely have the bank to outspend just about anyone, although limited by NFL salary cap. A cushy bank of owner-cash provides the competitive advantage of the ability to walk away from mistakes with a quickness and move on to the next thing.

I don't get why Elway has had so much trouble drafting or otherwise bringing in a competent QB post-Manning. I was going to give Elway credit for Plummer and Cutler, not bad picks--but those pre-date Elway's Bronco front office tenure. Elway even went to Josh Allen's final college bowl game, at which Allen slayed, and still didn't draft his ass. dafugg.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
312player wrote:
They've owned the team for 10 months, let's see what they do over the next few seasons. They already cut bait on a HC way in over his head..Mccaskeys would never do that to a first year coach..so they already prove they aren't cheap and accept incompetence.

tbf, firing a HC who has gone 4-11 with a team that expected to at least make the post-season and who had to have a mentor hired to help him do his job the day after the team gets 51 put on it by Baker Mayfield was a no-brainer decision. I'm not sure the McCaskeys could have spun Hackett's performance in any kind of way to retain him beyond the current season.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Hussra wrote:
yeah, if they can shake it off as a sunk cost and not let it impact their future decisions, but that's probably impossible. they definitely have the bank to outspend just about anyone, although limited by NFL salary cap. A cushy bank of owner-cash provides the competitive advantage of the ability to walk away from mistakes with a quickness and move on to the next thing.

I don't get why Elway has had so much trouble drafting or otherwise bringing in a competent QB post-Manning. I was going to give Elway credit for Plummer and Cutler, not bad picks--but those pre-date Elway's Bronco front office tenure. Elway even went to Josh Allen's final college bowl game, at which Allen slayed, and still didn't draft his ass. dafugg.

He's probably looking for himself in a quarterback.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU