It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Danny Dimes
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:58 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Hawg Ass wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Jones is not top 10 but definitely in the 10-13 discussion for the season. The Giants are in a weird position here....agreed I wouldn't want to give him a huge deal but he's "good enough" and they should try and get him on a team friendly contract.

How many other teams REALISTICALLY would / could like to out-bid the Giants for Jones services?
Panthers, Falcons, Saints, Commanders, Buccaneers (let's assume Brady is done), Texans, Raiders?

I really believe Brady goes to the Raiders.

With their O-line, he'll come out in a casket.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Seacrest wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Jones is not top 10 but definitely in the 10-13 discussion for the season. The Giants are in a weird position here....agreed I wouldn't want to give him a huge deal but he's "good enough" and they should try and get him on a team friendly contract.

How many other teams REALISTICALLY would / could like to out-bid the Giants for Jones services?
Panthers, Falcons, Saints, Commanders, Buccaneers (let's assume Brady is done), Texans, Raiders?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
BigW72 wrote:

What Jones is going to have to ask himself is what other team willing to pay him is going to build an offense that suits him as well as what Daboll and Kafka have done, and does he really want to go from finally tasting success in New York and getting acceptance from that fan base to going back to ground zero and potentially busting out under some other regime with different ideas and a less forgiving fan base? The Giants will pay him, its too good of a mutual situation right now. Hard to see him leaving after a first taste of success.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:13 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Nas wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

I would bet that Hawger is right though about where he ends up.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:14 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Seacrest wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

He's getting up there anyway. What is he, like 58?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

Seacrest wrote:
Nas wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

I don't disagree, but I also kinda think Miami is a possibility.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:20 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Nas wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Nas wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

I don't disagree, but I also kinda think Miami is a possibility.

Probably as good a possibility. Mr Permanently Concussed sure isn't the answer for Miami.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:20 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
man of few opinions wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

What Jones is going to have to ask himself is what other team willing to pay him is going to build an offense that suits him as well as what Daboll and Kafka have done, and does he really want to go from finally tasting success in New York and getting acceptance from that fan base to going back to ground zero and potentially busting out under some other regime with different ideas and a less forgiving fan base? The Giants will pay him, its too good of a mutual situation right now. Hard to see him leaving after a first taste of success.

That was my point....it's a good mutual situation, but it can't be a Kirk Cousins level of stupid contract.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:00 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

That was my point....it's a good mutual situation, but it can't be a Kirk Cousins level of stupid contract.

Well if they somehow win a playoff game and he looks as good as he has recently - a big "IF" i know - it may not be as team-friendly as it could have been a month ago. It totally made sense not to give him the 5th year option, but the happy problem now is the guy is going to want and deserve some real paper that they may not have been expecting. Luckily they DID exercise Dexter Lawrence's 5th year, because that guy is having a monster year.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:38 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Another big game, this guy is going to get paid. He's also got no WRs and produces, unlike that chump Lamar Jackson.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:24 am 

312player wrote:
Another big game, this guy is going to get paid. He's also got no WRs and produces, unlike that chump Lamar Jackson.

I'm not sure I agree with you about that no WR part. Most of them were on IR yesterday though.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:26 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
good dolphin wrote:
312player wrote:

I'm not sure I agree with you about that no WR part. Most of them were on IR yesterday though.

Could you have named one of their receivers before yesterday’s game ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:14 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
312player wrote:

Yes. I want the Bears to sign Darius Slayton this off season

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: John's
good dolphin wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
312player wrote:

goodspiegel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:23 am 

good dolphin wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
312player wrote:

We have too many #3 wideouts already.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:24 am 
100000 CLUB

He looked like a far better quarterback than I give him credit for being.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:31 am 

Slayton barely made the team out of camp, and only did via injury. James was a punt returner. Hodgins was a practice squad guy. All three will be around next year, with wandale Robinson hopefully coming back. They couldnt GIVE slayton away even though the openly tried to trade him prior to the season. His drop problem popped up at the worst possible time yesterday but he has managed to really improve on that. I see them making a move for an additional free agent WR.

Hodgins has been a revelation. I don’t think he has dropped a ball since he joined the team.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:32 am 

Nas wrote:
He looked like a far better quarterback than I give him credit for being.

That's because he had Justin Fields type passing ratings last year.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:34 am 
100000 CLUB

Slayton barely made the team out of camp, and only did via injury. James was a punt returner. Hodgins was a practice squad guy. All three will be around next year, with wandale Robinson hopefully coming back. They couldnt GIVE slayton away even though the openly tried to trade him prior to the season. His drop problem popped up at the worst possible time yesterday but he has managed to really improve on that. I see them making a move for an additional free agent WR.

Hodgins has been a revelation. I don’t think he has dropped a ball since he joined the team.

I know about Hodgins because of dynasty football. You're right, Hodgins has zero drops and he's become a favorite target of Jones.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:35 am 

good dolphin wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
312player wrote:

I see why you finished last in fantasy football this year in your league.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:44 am 

Slayton has great speed but very unreliable hands. It the giants can trade him this off-season they should try. He’s been very important this year in a position of need but he is a WR4 who had to step up this year.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:18 am 

Im gonna predict a 5 year 180 million contract.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:23 am 

I’d have said 4 years but you might not be far off. The eagles may present more of a challenge next week to bring things down to earth a bit. He goes into Philly and beats them, hoo boy. It won’t get any cheaper that’s for sure.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:43 am 

Slayton has great speed but very unreliable hands. It the giants can trade him this off-season they should try. He’s been very important this year in a position of need but he is a WR4 who had to step up this year.

he's a free agent

they weren't giving him away. They were over asking in return compensation for a guy who was going to be a FA at the end of the year

look at his targets over four years (84, 96, 58, 71). Those are not the targets of someone a team considers a WR 4. He's had over 700 yards 3 of 4 years and a career 15 YPC average. and this year his catch % jumped to 65%.

Anyway, it's a down year for WR in FA. He's going to get paid.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:50 pm 

312player wrote:
Im gonna predict a 5 year 180 million contract.

This will be a lot like the Cutler deal. Cutler had to get a lot better to make the team viable with such an expensive contract. I think Jones has a better chance of improving than Cutler did.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:03 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

he's a free agent

they weren't giving him away. They were over asking in return compensation for a guy who was going to be a FA at the end of the year

look at his targets over four years (84, 96, 58, 71). Those are not the targets of someone a team considers a WR 4. He's had over 700 yards 3 of 4 years and a career 15 YPC average. and this year his catch % jumped to 65%.

Anyway, it's a down year for WR in FA. He's going to get paid.

I don’t hate or love him. He has a long painful history of dropping passes in bad situations.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:36 am 

May have cost himself a small fortune last night. Maybe Dabol says we can do better than him.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:41 pm 

He didnt cost himself anything - he could have ADDED with continued playoff success. His contract is already drawn up and waiting for signatures at this point.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
He didnt cost himself anything - he could have ADDED with continued playoff success. His contract is already drawn up and waiting for signatures at this point.

I'd cut that shit up after last night. He was absolutely brutal.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:29 pm 

You hating it makes me feel better about it.