It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Post subject: Re: QB landing spots
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:14 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Yep . owners/football teams sign someone to a ridiculous contract , it’s what the market will bear. Owner/teams dont to sign a player to a ridiculous contract it’s collusion.

I don't think the issue is that he hasn't been signed. It's that there has been zero interest in a recent MVP who is still in his prime at the most important position in sports. Maybe there just aren't any teams in need of a QB.

You'd be doing the dirty work for Baltimore, all they'd have to do is match the offer and he's stuck there. If he gets any offers it will be after the draft because ant team that wants him won't have to cough up those 2 first round picks til next year.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
badrogue17 wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Yep . owners/football teams sign someone to a ridiculous contract , it’s what the market will bear. Owner/teams dont to sign a player to a ridiculous contract it’s collusion.

I don't think the issue is that he hasn't been signed. It's that there has been zero interest in a recent MVP who is still in his prime at the most important position in sports. Maybe there just aren't any teams in need of a QB.

Correction, there just isn’t much interest in a MVP player from 4 years ago who has been injured the last 2 seasons and hasnt played all that great when he has been healthy who wants a ridiculous amount of guaranteed money ( and will cost the team draft picks) because some other idiot team signed a player to a ridiculous contract who isnt worth it either .

I understand your position that some owners may want to pay him because of some other bad contracts. For starters, that's NEVER prevented owners from making dumb deals in the past. More importantly, why does Lamar's position bother you so much? Either he'll sign a long-term contract, or he won't.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
veganfan21 wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Pre-Watson there would be plenty of interest.

reminds a bit of what seemed to happen with the Nets attempt to trade KD after the T-Wolves blew up the market with their idiotic Covid Gobert trade last summer. ultimately KD got traded but it happened on a slower timetable than it would have if the TWolves hadn't sent one of their top 3 players and an insane number of 1st round picks to Utah for Rudy G.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:05 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Caller Bob wrote:
312player wrote:
I'd like Max Duggan in the 4th round , Way too early to give up on Fields. We'll know after the season if Fields can be the guy.

Max Duggan is fucking terrible.

Duggan cut. Between this and Lance been a rough few days in the 312

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Caller Bob wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
312player wrote:
I'd like Max Duggan in the 4th round , Way too early to give up on Fields. We'll know after the season if Fields can be the guy.

Things work out well when you agree with me. :wink:

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:27 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Caller Bob wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
312player wrote:

Duggan will sign with another team.. I said 4th round and he went 7th.. I missed. Lance will get a chance to start again..way too early to give up on him..but it ain't looking good.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13