It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:27 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Nas wrote:
312player wrote:
Ain't nobody taking lamar jackson over Hurts.

Everyone would. Don't let an injured fantasy season cloud your judgment. Hurts couldn't carry an offense if his life depended on it.

When it comes to qbs all your logic and reason disappear.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Nas wrote:
Hurts couldn't carry an offense if his life depended on it.

I'm not saying Hurts is all-world but...he did seem to carry an offense this year? 4th overall in QBR is no joke; AJ Brown played more games this year than in years past, but when factoring that in, he still had his best statistical season, and that's attributable to Hurts properly feeding him like a good QB would do to his no 1 WR.

Hurts is basically a more balanced Fields at this point and it helped propel the Eagles to the third-highest-scoring offense overall, effectively tied with Buffalo for 2nd. Can't deny Hurts' role in that.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:47 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:

I'm not saying Hurts is all-world but...he did seem to carry an offense this year? 4th overall in QBR is no joke; AJ Brown played more games this year than in years past, but when factoring that in, he still had his best statistical season, and that's attributable to Hurts properly feeding him like a good QB would do to his no 1 WR.

Hurts is basically a more balanced Fields at this point and it helped propel the Eagles to the third-highest-scoring offense overall, effectively tied with Buffalo for 2nd. Can't deny Hurts' role in that.

No quarterback had a better supporting cast than Hurts. Hurts has arguably the best offensive line in football, two #1 WRs, a really good TE, a really good RB, and a great defense. With an all pro offensive cast, he only had about 4 more passing touchdowns than Justin Fields.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:56 pm 

Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:

No quarterback had a better supporting cast than Hurts. Hurts has arguably the best offensive line in football, two #1 WRs, a really good TE, a really good RB, and a great defense. With an all pro offensive cast, he only had about 4 more passing touchdowns than Justin Fields.

Weak argument imo - again, 28 ppg, 4th overall in QBR, a high-scoring offense which is what you'd expect given the resources he had, as you note. At the very least he led the offense to perform as expected

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:02 am 
100000 CLUB

Yeah, I didn't mention their weak schedule either. When I think about carrying an offense, I think about quarterbacks who win with less. Like what Lamar Jackson has done his entire career, Burrow without an offensive line, Mahomes without a #1 WR, or a younger Brady and Rodgers.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:58 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Come on, many nfl teams would rather have fields than several of the tier 4 and 5 qbs listed

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:34 am 

Hurts is in his 3rd year, he's gotten better every year. What's not to like?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:03 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Wonder what Fields would look like behind the Eagles oline, problem is that we will not really know if Fields will be able to develop as a passer until they put him behind a competent offensive line.

Philly and KC are top 3 in most o line rankings, SF is top 10, and Cincy top 15, the formula for winning football games is really not that hard to figure out and does not change from pop warner to the NFL.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:06 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
Wonder what Fields would look like behind the Eagles oline, problem is that we will not really know if Fields will be able to develop as a passer until they put him behind a competent offensive line.

Philly and KC are top 3 in most o line rankings, SF is top 10, and Cincy top 15, the formula for winning football games is really not that hard to figure out and does not change from pop warner to the NFL.

The bears line was average, it will be better next season.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:42 am 

billypootons wrote:
Come on, many nfl teams would rather have fields than several of the tier 4 and 5 qbs listed

My list was as of now - sure, going forward, Fields is a better prospect than finished products like Carr, Goff, and Smith. That said, the Seahawks and Lions have worse records if Fields was their starter in 2022.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:10 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
312player wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

The bears line was average

I think that's a generous rating.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:20 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
312player wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

The bears line was average

I think that's a generous rating.

I think it is a fair statement. Really good at rush blocking. Really bad at pass blocking. That puts them as average.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe is probably the 2nd best QB, but Pat is in a tier of his own.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:38 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Joe beat Pat last year.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Joe beat Pat last year.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:52 pm 

Point taken but I'm not saying Burrow's victory makes him better than Mahomes, I'm saying Mahomes isn't maybe as invincible as "tier of his own" suggests. I don't think it'd be a surprise in other words if one day soon we wonder if burrow is better than Mahomes. Just like it used to be commonly accepted that manning was by himself until Brady entered the convo.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:51 pm 

Fuugggg, wrote up a whole post comparing Mahomes and Burrow and why when you look at the stats Mahomes > Burrow and then got on a work call, came back, finished it and hit submit and lost it.

Mahomes is better than Burrow in every facet of the game. it's not even fucking close. [(except head-to-head W's, which are more about the Bengals defense and Lou Anarumo than Joe Burrow)]

Burrow overachieves based on his weak-ass arm and limited athleticism but he's also carried by having the best receivers room in the league and a defensive coordinator hell-bent on not letting the other team score after half-time. Burrow has 3 WR who would be WR1 on the Chiefs this season. Even without those stud WR's Mahomes smoked Burrow in QB stats and rushing stats and stat stats this season. You could replace Joe Burrow 2022 with Geno Smith 2022 and the Bengals would still be where they are now. Burrow and Mahomes swap teams/rosters, and Mahomes doesn't lose a game and Burrow might not make the post-season.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:01 pm 
100000 CLUB

Burrow has worked with one of the worst offensive lines his entire career. That negates any edge he may get from his WRs. He makes lightning fast decisions and gets rid of the ball in barely 2 seconds. He lost Chase and Higgins this season and didn't miss a beat. Like Tom Brady, Burrow doesn't have the biggest arm, and he's not really mobile, but he makes up for it with dog and brain power.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:09 pm 

I can agree that Mahomes is better than Burrow right now. But to say Mahomes is better at every aspect of the game and it is not even close is just fucking stupid.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:13 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Hussra wrote:
Fuugggg, wrote up a whole post comparing Mahomes and Burrow and why when you look at the stats Mahomes > Burrow and then got on a work call, came back, finished it and hit submit and lost it.

Mahomes is better than Burrow in every facet of the game. it's not even fucking close. [(except head-to-head W's, which are more about the Bengals defense and Lou Anarumo than Joe Burrow)]

Burrow overachieves based on his weak-ass arm and limited athleticism but he's also carried by having the best receivers room in the league and a defensive coordinator hell-bent on not letting the other team score after half-time. Burrow has 3 WR who would be WR1 on the Chiefs this season. Even without those stud WR's Mahomes smoked Burrow in QB stats and rushing stats and stat stats this season. You could replace Joe Burrow 2022 with Geno Smith 2022 and the Bengals would still be where they are now. Burrow and Mahomes swap teams/rosters, and Mahomes doesn't lose a game and Burrow might not make the post-season.

This is a pretty awful football thought. Hope you didn't spend too much time on it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:23 pm 

Ok, Burrow is better at playing for a team with a top 5 defense and a GM who drafts receivers better, but I've yet to see an actual QB stat where Burrow > Mahomes.

TD's
------
Mahomes 41 in 648 att 1 in 15
Burrow 35 in 608 1 in 17

INT's
--------
Mahomes 12 in 648 att, 1 in 54
Burrow 12 in 608 att, 1 in 50

Sacks
--------
Mahomes 26
Burrow 46

Rushing
-------------
Mahomes 61 for 358 yds, 5.9 per att
Burrow 75 for 257 yds, 3.4 per att

Burrow has a slightly higher completion percentage 68.3 to 67.1 for Mahomes, tho Burrow's throwing to better receivers who drop fewer passes and probably win more 50/50 balls etc.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

I think everyone acknowledges Mahomes is the best quarterback/player in the NFL. Burrow is coming for the crown, though. It'll be fun watching them compete over the next decade.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:42 pm 

Hussra wrote:
but I've yet to see an actual QB stat where Burrow > Mahomes.

Again as Nas said Mahomes is better. But to say it is not even close is just dumb. Even the things you post show that it is close.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:45 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Caller Bob wrote:
This is a pretty awful football thought. Hope you didn't spend too much time on it.
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=129235&start=30#p3890947 viewtopic.php?f=72&t=126346&p=3702735&hilit=Burrow#p3702755

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:52 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=129235&start=30#p3890947 viewtopic.php?f=72&t=126346&p=3702735&hilit=Burrow#p3702755

You really are a loser, trying to get a "gotcha" on an old post I made.

Caller Bob wrote:
Bears win this. Not sold on Joe Precinct.

Guess what happened , the Bears defense, did indeed shut down Joe Burrow that day, forcing him into one of his worse days as a professional(19/30, 207 yard, 2TDs 3Ints), just as I predicted. If you are gonna follow me around like a little rat, have better material

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:06 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
There's two posts there, shithead. And Nas quoted the one you mentioned.

Take a Tylenol. It will help with the sore arm from your Flu shot.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:11 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Hussra wrote:
but I've yet to see an actual QB stat where Burrow > Mahomes.

Again as Nas said Mahomes is better. But to say it is not even close is just dumb. Even the things you post show that it is close.

It's only close in 2022 because Mahomes lost Tyreek Hill--Burrow loses Ja'Marr Chase and Higgins and doesn't replace them with similar caliber WRs and he's a middle of the pack QB at best.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:25 pm 

So we agree it is close. Glad you changed your mind.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:28 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
There's two posts there, shithead. And Nas quoted the one you mentioned.

Take a Tylenol. It will help with the sore arm from your Flu shot.

Did Burrow play a good game in September of 2021 vs the Chicago Bears? Answer the question shit for brains

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next