It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:06 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
man of few opinions wrote:
Believe me, I was happy to see Toney succeed last night. My hatred of the Eagles runs deep. Toney is a next-level talent, he just needs to stay healthy.

He should also grow some eyebrows. He looks like a black Uncle Leo

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:08 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
RFDC wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
The Eagles defense was burned on the same play for back to back touchdowns by Toney and JuJu. It's like they did zero preparation for the game.

Your guy Fangio didn't get them caught up.

Fangio used to run a lot of zone coverage inside the 20. They were burned playing man.

Like billyp said, it's amazing they got away with the same basic play twice for touchdowns.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:10 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
RFDC wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
The Eagles defense was burned on the same play for back to back touchdowns by Toney and JuJu. It's like they did zero preparation for the game.

I guess he didn't. And then on the last drive, somebody has to be in Bradberry's ear screaming not to even touch the wide receiver as TD doesn't end the game, but a 5 yard/auto first down penalty certainly does. Hard to believe these are professional coaches and players with the stupidity exhibited.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:20 pm 
Site Admin

Caller Bob wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I guess he didn't. And then on the last drive, somebody has to be in Bradberry's ear screaming not to even touch the wide receiver as TD doesn't end the game, but a 5 yard/auto first down penalty certainly does. Hard to believe these are professional coaches and players with the stupidity exhibited.

Bradberry is a stand up guy. He was beat, and he knew it so he grabbed him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whvPvToTyYo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Caller Bob wrote:

Yep! They just flipped the goal line playn

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:23 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

If you know you are beat, in that particular situation, you let him go and (possibly) score (and get the ball back with nearly 2 minutes and a timeout).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Caller Bob wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

If you know you are beat, in that particular situation, you let him go and (possibly) score (and get the ball back with nearly 2 minutes and a timeout).

I enjoy how you have all the answers, always in retrospect. You should be a defensive backs coach somewhere.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:32 pm 
Site Admin

Caller Bob wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

A lot of thought for a split second decision.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:32 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I enjoy how you have all the answers, always in retrospect. You should be a defensive backs coach somewhere.

If you go back to the posts, before that play/penalty, I said the Eagles should probably just let them score at that point. Time and possession of the ball was the most valuable asset at that point.

Caller Bob wrote:
Philly just let them score right away

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:34 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Before the snap, a defensive player has about 40 seconds or so to game out these scenarios. I don't think it's too much to ask for a guy making 5 million a year

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:35 pm 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

He's right, though. McKinnon understood situational football, but Bradberry didn't.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:39 pm 

He was trying to make a play and committed a penalty. Letting him score wasn’t in his game plan. The mistake was the penalty, not in not choosing to let him score quick enough.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:41 pm 
Site Admin

Seacrest wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Caller Bob wrote:
Before the snap, a defensive player has about 40 seconds or so to game out these scenarios. I don't think it's too much to ask for a guy making 5 million a year

So he should have went through JuJu's entire route tree and come up with a scenario for every possible move?

OK

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:42 pm 

He was trying to make a play and committed a penalty. Letting him score wasn’t in his game plan. The mistake was the penalty, not in not choosing to let him score quick enough.

Then he unfortunately didn't understand the situation. His #1 job there was to not commit a penalty that ended the game.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:43 pm 
Site Admin

Caller Bob wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I think Bob is a former pee wee level football coach.

It's all the same thing, just different ages.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
QBs throw 2 yard passes to guys in the middle of the field who then don't even run out of bounds when there's less than 2 minutes left and trailing. While we should have higher football IQ standards for players, let's not go crazy here. You or your coach puts that seed in your head that maybe letting him score if you're beat (now you're deciding am I slightly beat, kinda beat, am I toast) is the right move and you lost already.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:44 pm 

Seacrest wrote:

I think Bob is a former pee wee level football coach.

It's all the same thing, just different ages.

I'm sorry you (and James Bradberry) don't understand situational football. You should study up in preparation for better football discussion next year.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:48 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
QBs throw 2 yard passes to guys in the middle of the field who then don't even run out of bounds when there's less than 2 minutes left and trailing. While we should have higher football IQ standards for players, let's not go crazy here. You or your coach puts that seed in your head that maybe letting him score if you're beat (now you're deciding am I slightly beat, kinda beat, am I toast) is the right move and you lost already.

It would be different if the Eagles defense was actually making plays yesterday, but they were quite awful. Giving up points/yards and not even generating turnovers. Somebody has to be real with the situation at that point. Get the ball back and do what you do best.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:51 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

Then he unfortunately didn't understand the situation. His #1 job there was to not commit a penalty that ended the game.

The situation on 3rd down and 8 was to stop them, there was no “let him score” contingency, nor should there have been. That scenario exists only in your hindsight world.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:52 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

The situation on 3rd down and 8 was to stop them, there was no “let him score” contingency, nor should there have been. That scenario exists only in your hindsight world.

Again I literally said let them score right before the play happened :lol: They hadn't stopped them once that half.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:19 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
3rd and 8 with 2 minutes left. "Just let them score"

As has been stated once already today, you have to actively try to be this stupid.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:44 pm 

Between "3rd and 8 just let them score" and "just carry him into the end zone" from bob and rube thinking it was a mistake for mckinnon not to score, I am not sure what the dumbest thought has been so far in this thread this morning.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:52 pm 
100000 CLUB

Between "3rd and 8 just let them score" and "just carry him into the end zone" from bob and rube thinking it was a mistake for mckinnon not to score, I am not sure what the dumbest thought has been so far in this thread this morning.

Bob is right. If Bradberry understood situational football, he would have understood that getting a penalty on that play was the worst possible outcome.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:54 pm 

Again, I'm sorry you don't understand situational football. 3 & 8, from inside your own 20. Tie game. Less than two minutes, 1 timeout. A refresh of downs 100% ends the game for you. You haven't stopped them once this half.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:56 pm 

No, Bob isnt right. The mistake was the penalty. There was no scenario there where the eagles should let them score. It’s 3rd and 8. The only play is to stop them. Bradberry committed a penalty. There was no moment during the play where the focus changes in an instant to let them score. That is preposterous.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:57 pm 

Bob stop embarrassing yourself

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:57 pm 

Stop them, do something you haven't proven you can do all half :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

No, Bob isnt right. The mistake was the penalty. There was no scenario there where the eagles should let them score. It’s 3rd and 8. The only play is to stop them. Bradberry committed a penalty. There was no moment during the play where the focus changes in an instant to let them score. That is preposterous.

Yes, he is right. Letting them score would have been a better outcome than the penalty. It's exactly what they attempted to do on the play following the penalty. Why? Time was their biggest enemy, not the scoreboard.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:00 pm 

It's possible they were letting them score every time all half.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:06 pm 

i know this place is insane when I find myself defending the Eagles.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next