It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Roger Goodell
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:19 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
What does Daniel Snyder have on this guy?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nf ... 5b43&ei=11

Post subject: Re: Roger Goodell
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:35 am 

Seacrest wrote:
What does Daniel Snyder have on this guy?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nf ... 5b43&ei=11

I think he has a lot on many owners. Which is why he is never selling.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:53 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I doubt either Snyder or Goodell are dumb enough to do what’s been alleged.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:04 pm 

Whatever helps to bring an end of “expanding” the NFL to Europe…even if this is completely separate.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
This Ends in Antioch wrote:

Seems naive

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:18 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Seems naive

It’s possible. Rich people do stupid things, they just tend not to be obvious about it.

The main fuck up with respect to the loan may be on BoA. They didn’t do what they were supposed to do (if the espn article is correct); banks have checks on this sort of thing and getting a board resolution is like 101 for any type of agreement.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:56 pm 

Most of the NFL team owners are worthless pieces of trash really only interested in their bottom lines. Goodell is taking his $45MM a year and not rocking the incestuous boat. Sad thing is that Washington had one of the best fan bases.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:42 pm 
Site Admin

Then how did they get a loan with Goodell's signature too, and the board of Directors for the Commanders was unaware of said loan?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:55 pm 

I don't even know what Goodell did wrong. Is it his job to make sure that majority owners follow the shareholder agreement of the individual teams? The Washington Football Team asked to take out a loan and he signed the permission slip for it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:59 pm 

Seacrest wrote:

Then how did they get a loan with Goodell's signature too, and the board of Directors for the Commanders was unaware of said loan?

Goodell probably rubber stamps whatever the team sends him. My guess is they’re assuming the bank will do its diligence and nip things like this in the bud.

The bank failed, which left Snyder unchecked, which left Goodell exposed. I don’t know how these other guys can agree on going through arbitration or mediation or whatever and then sue afterwards.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:32 pm 
Site Admin

Seacrest wrote:

Goodell probably rubber stamps whatever the team sends him. My guess is they’re assuming the bank will do its diligence and nip things like this in the bud.

The bank failed, which left Snyder unchecked, which left Goodell exposed. I don’t know how these other guys can agree on going through arbitration or mediation or whatever and then sue afterwards.

Then Goodell and Snyder did what was alleged.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:49 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Maybe? Snyder seems guilty of doing something his partners didn’t like, but whether that’s bank fraud idk. And ultimately his partners dropped the issue and sold their shares voluntarily.

I haven’t seen where Goodell falls in the process so I’m not sure what he’s alleged to have done. If he’s giving approval to pursue the loan, then I’m not sure how he’d be responsible for ensuring compliance with each team’s ownership agreement. If he’s giving final approval after bank underwriting, then seemingly he should be checking those docs (as should 24 owners and the finance committee).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:30 pm 
Site Admin

Seacrest wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Maybe? Snyder seems guilty of doing something his partners didn’t like, but whether that’s bank fraud idk. And ultimately his partners dropped the issue and sold their shares voluntarily.

I haven’t seen where Goodell falls in the process so I’m not sure what he’s alleged to have done. If he’s giving approval to pursue the loan, then I’m not sure how he’d be responsible for ensuring compliance with each team’s ownership agreement. If he’s giving final approval after bank underwriting, then seemingly he should be checking those docs (as should 24 owners and the finance committee).

If you need board approval to secure a loan and did get a loan without the approval, then you had to have committed bank fraud to get it.

And as commissioner, Goodell would have known that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:19 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

If you need board approval to secure a loan and did get a loan without the approval, then you had to have committed bank fraud to get it.

I’m not sure that’s true unless you falsify a board resolution. If you just never produce it and the bank lends anyway, that seems more an audit risk for the bank.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:08 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Seems to me that Goodell will simply assert that there is no privity of contract with the bank, just with the league actors, therefore he has no.duty to the bank. Washington owners it seems like he should. But who knows with that secretive group.