It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:45 pm 

man of few opinions wrote:
Brick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Brick wrote:
I did mess up that it was basically two second round picks.

However, there is also a massive difference between Aaron Rodgers and Trey Lance who will be lucky to throw 10 more touchdowns in his career.

Yeah, the difference is one of them can walk upright today and one cant.

Can we get back to the discussion on how the Packers had all that leverage and turned it into two second round picks?

What is confusing to me about your stance is that you came out immediately after the trade and stated that the Jets got fleeced and what a dumb trade it was for them, and now you seem to have done a complete 180 and are mocking the Packers for only getting 2 second round picks.

My point was always even prior to the trade that the Jets shouldn't give up a first round pick and if they did it should be tied to a Super Bowl appearance. So now they haven't given up a first round pick.
https://chicagofanatics.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=113803&p=3910794&hilit=fleeced#p3910794

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
So the Jets didn't get fleeced? its cool to change your mind.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:50 pm 

I’m no fan of his but I hate to see him go out like this. Doubt he plays again, he’ll most likely wind up retiring in the off season. The Jets really are a cursed team.. and it’s pretty odd that it’s a former Bear that fired the shot ala Favre when he went down.

There ya go FavreFan -Floyd finally gets Rodgers years after he’s a Bear and when Aaron is no longer a Packer..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:53 pm 

Why is this so difficult? I thought the Jets were stupid to give up a first round pick for only 65% of snaps. I would have given one up for a Super Bowl appearance which ironically would have been a better deal today for the Packers but I assume there also would have been a snap percentage with that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:54 pm 

Rodgers is going to play next season. He was loving the off the field stuff in NYC. He was everywhere. He gets to do that for another year and give it another go with a built in excuse.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:57 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Brick wrote:
Rodgers is going to play next season. He was loving the off the field stuff in NYC. He was everywhere. He gets to do that for another year and give it another go with a built in excuse.

He can get high now

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:03 pm 

Brick wrote:

Why is this so difficult? I thought the Jets were stupid to give up a first round pick for only 65% of snaps. I would have given one up for a Super Bowl appearance which ironically would have been a better deal today for the Packers but I assume there also would have been a snap percentage with that.

Well it was difficult because of you contradictory statements. You were emotional the day of the trade and lashed out at the Jets, and now you have amended your position. Its all good. We can all agree that 2 second rounders that could potentially contribute to the Packers is better than a 40-year old QB coming off of a debilitating Achilles injury, but if anyone can find a way to disagree, I am sure it is you.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Brick wrote:
Love is probably going to be an average quarterback. Worse than Cousins. Better than Derek Carr. I think Bears fans can handle that.

You can’t make that determination until the quarterback has a great supporting cast around him. Any of those Packers receivers last week strike you as all world talent ? Only one I ever heard of was the one that everyone said sucked last year .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:07 pm 

They aren't contradictory though. I thought the Jets were going to give up a first round pick for Rodgers. They are not giving up a first round pick for Rodgers.

Look at the post I linked. It's almost exactly what the result of the trade ended up being.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:07 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Brick wrote:
Love is probably going to be an average quarterback. Worse than Cousins. Better than Derek Carr. I think Bears fans can handle that.

You can’t make that determination until the quarterback has a great supporting cast around him. Any of those Packers receivers last week strike you as all world talent ? Only one I ever heard of was the one that everyone said sucked last year .

The Bears are going to make a lot of WRs look great this year.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Packers.jpg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:22 pm 

Brick wrote:
They aren't contradictory though. I thought the Jets were going to give up a first round pick for Rodgers. They are not giving up a first round pick for Rodgers.

Look at the post I linked. It's almost exactly what the result of the trade ended up being.

The trade you "almost exactly" predicted that they actually made that you immediately hated now looks good. Works for me. Really, you don't need to explain any further.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:25 pm 

Exactly. Don't know why you brought it up today.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:29 pm 

Yeah, why would anyone reflect back on this the day after Rodgers suffers a season-ending injury. Out of left field!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:30 pm 

Yeah, why would anyone reflect back on this the day after Rodgers suffers a season-ending injury. Out of left field!

You could have just said "Brick was right on the trade and the leverage the Pack had" instead.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous, Lord Stanley's, DeKalb Rock City
New York just can't seem to catch a break when it comes to disasters with jets on 9/11

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
McCareins_Fan wrote:
New York just can't seem to catch a break when it comes to disasters with jets on 9/11

This kind of creativity is what a Comms Degree from NIU gets you :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:32 pm 

Brick wrote:

You could have just said "Brick was right on the trade and the leverage the Pack had" instead.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I know that's what you would have LIKED to have read.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:02 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Caller Bob wrote:
McCareins_Fan wrote:

:lol: Says the writer for Bazooka Joe comics.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Brick wrote:
Trey Lance: 4th round pick
Aaron Rodgers: 2nd round pick

:lol:

:scratch: They received 2 second round picks and a higher 1st. The upcoming 2nd would have been a 1st had Rodgers stayed healthy. They also drop his cap hit after this season. I’m not sure how a trade of a 39 year old QB coming off one of his worst seasons could have been expected to bring in more value.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:42 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
McCareins_Fan wrote:

:lol: Says the writer for Bazooka Joe comics.

his imdb doesn't list bazooka joe.

But SNL, Seinfeld, Fraiser, Friends are on there. Caller Bob - did you need the money when working on Dharma and Greg :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:24 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Brick wrote:

:scratch: They received 2 second round picks and a higher 1st. The upcoming 2nd would have been a 1st had Rodgers stayed healthy. They also drop his cap hit after this season. I’m not sure how a trade of a 39 year old QB coming off one of his worst seasons could have been expected to bring in more value.

by him playing 65% of the offensive snaps

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:25 pm 

man, you guys know a lot about each other. I need to read the behind the scenes board

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:04 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Brick wrote:

I was wrong about the extra second round pick.

This is a discussion about the Packers having all the leverage and MOFO for some reason deciding the day the trade got remarkably worse for the Packers as they day to bring it up. As pointed out, I said 2 second round picks would probably be fair.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Since MOFO knew Rodgers would only play 4 snaps post trade maybe he could have also advised his Giants that resigning Daniel Jones would actually be worse than trading for four snaps of Rodgers.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:33 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Since MOFO knew Rodgers would only play 4 snaps post trade maybe he could have also advised his Giants that resigning Daniel Jones would actually be worse than trading for four snaps of Rodgers.

For the record, I was against the Jones contract. Coincidentally, Brick was the one advising the Giants do it. I’d have offered him much less and if he refused paid Barkley and tagged jones. Brick is all worked up because the trade he predicted happened, and he hated it for the jets, then he loved it, then he forgot the terms of it and when his memory was refreshed I think now he thinks the jets came out ahead. I think it’s all worked out now.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:30 am 

veganfan21 wrote:

For the record, I was against the Jones contract. Coincidentally, Brick was the one advising the Giants do it. I’d have offered him much less and if he refused paid Barkley and tagged jones. Brick is all worked up because the trade he predicted happened, and he hated it for the jets, then he loved it, then he forgot the terms of it and when his memory was refreshed I think now he thinks the jets came out ahead. I think it’s all worked out now.

I posted the links, and I don't believe I ever said that Daniel Jones was worth that money. I just said he was going to get that money.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
veganfan21 wrote:
He doesn't need to suck for what we've been telling you for months to be true. It already is true. You threw away the best years of the Adams-Rodgers-Jones-Higgins-Etc core for the chance to draft Jordan Love and soundly beat a 3-14 team in 2023. Congratulations! What an achievement.

All of that is just made up bullshit in your head and none of it matters if Love is good, which is what I've been telling you for months and is true. Maybe one day the team you root for will prioritize QB like my team does. Til then, enjoy your sad sack franchise. havent beaten us since 2018 :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:29 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
He doesn't need to suck for what we've been telling you for months to be true. It already is true. You threw away the best years of the Adams-Rodgers-Jones-Higgins-Etc core for the chance to draft Jordan Love and soundly beat a 3-14 team in 2023. Congratulations! What an achievement.

All of that is just made up bullshit in your head and none of it matters if Love is good, which is what I've been telling you for months and is true. Maybe one day the team you root for will prioritize QB like my team does. Til then, enjoy your sad sack franchise. havent beaten us since 2018 :lol:

Lets not pretend like the Packers are KC. Mahomes did in 6 years what Rodgers failed to do in 16. Win multiple Super Bowls.

Maybe one day your team will prioritize Super Bowl appearances and not settle for sweeping the Bears . Til then, enjoy what is left of A. Jones and know you don't have a chance in hell to win a Super Bowl with Love at QB.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:31 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next