It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 6:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Brick wrote:
I did mess up that it was basically two second round picks.

However, there is also a massive difference between Aaron Rodgers and Trey Lance who will be lucky to throw 10 more touchdowns in his career.

Yeah, the difference is one of them can walk upright today and one cant.

Can we get back to the discussion on how the Packers had all that leverage and turned it into two second round picks?

They don't want to talk about that.

Kinda moot now due to the facts on the ground.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:14 pm 

Brick wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Brick wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
I do kind of feel for Bears fans, the situation is so bad that to make themselves feel better they have to HOPE things don't work out for the Packers.

The Bears could be the four time defending Super Bowl champions and I would still be happy when the Packers lose a first round pick.

I prefer not to be happy when things happen over other players serious injuries.

Did they euthanize Rodgers or something?

39 year old quarterbacks tearing their achillies is pretty close.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:15 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
I love how Packer fans don't realize the only reason they walk around with their head held high and have some form of arrogance to them about their team is because of the very guy they're now trashing. Without Rodgers you guys would be a worse version of the pre Lawrence Jaguars or the current day Saints. Just aimless and irrelevant. Talk about biting the hand that feeds your fandom.

Couldn't the vast majority of teams that had great quarterbacks say they same thing?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:18 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Brick wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Brick wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
I do kind of feel for Bears fans, the situation is so bad that to make themselves feel better they have to HOPE things don't work out for the Packers.

The Bears could be the four time defending Super Bowl champions and I would still be happy when the Packers lose a first round pick.

I prefer not to be happy when things happen over other players serious injuries.

Did they euthanize Rodgers or something?

39 year old quarterbacks tearing their achillies is pretty close.

Well if we get no more commercials I'm even more excited.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
veganfan21 wrote:
Brick wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

Bears fans are all right with Gute throwing away title shots
from 2019-2022 for the chance to draft Jordan Love. It's all good - they have as many titles as we do over that time period, and looks like both fan bases are satisfied with Gute's achievements there.

I've seen the Packers win the Super Bowl twice. How many times have you seen the Bears win it?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Except that the vast majority of teams who had those great quarterbacks appeared in/won more than a single Super Bowl. Rodgers needed a 3rd string QB to throw a 4th quarter pick 6 to get in. Brees also only has one, but the Saints hurt themselves with Bountygate.

Brady, the Mannings, Big Ben, Mahomes, Favre...all played in more Super Bowls than Rodgers. This isn't a Bears fan talking shit. This is someone stating a fact.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:21 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Except that the vast majority of teams who had those great quarterbacks appeared in/won more than a single Super Bowl. Rodgers needed a 3rd string QB to throw a 4th quarter pick 6 to get in. Brees also only has one, but the Saints hurt themselves with Bountygate.

Brady, the Mannings, Big Ben, Mahomes, Favre...all played in more Super Bowls than Rodgers. This isn't a Bears fan talking shit. This is someone stating a fact.

That's fine. You would give you left nut to have witnessed two Super Bowls. And now we are in a solid spot to get one moving forward because we have a QB, while its back to the drawing board for the 100th time for the Bears after this year.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:24 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
he should have never been on the Hard Knocks show. players always get bad juju after being on that show.

pizza_Place: Barnaby's
Bears fans doing a very poor job coping with the hard facts here. The Bears have poured immense resources into the quarterback position on three occasions since 2009. Aside from maybe a handful of games there have been almost zero instances of any of them having a single game as good as what Jordan Love did on Sunday.

You want facts? Those are the facts. The Packers accidently accomplish what the Bears desperately strive for.

100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Brick wrote:

However, there is also a massive difference between Aaron Rodgers and Trey Lance who will be lucky to throw 10 more touchdowns in his career.

Can we get back to the discussion on how the Packers had all that leverage and turned it into two second round picks?

They don't want to talk about that.

Kinda moot now due to the facts on the ground.

Yeah, when Love is mediocre they won't have the draft capital to get a quarterback. Won't He do it?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
And now we are in a solid spot to get [a Super Bowl] moving forward because we have a QB
Wow. FF going on the record saying that Love is better equipped to get to the Super Bowl than Rodgers has been over the last decade plus. That's a bold take.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Barnaby's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
And now we are in a solid spot to get [a Super Bowl] moving forward because we have a QB
Wow. FF going on the record saying that Love is better equipped to get to the Super Bowl than Rodgers has been over the last decade plus. That's a bold take.

Not really what he said at all. They sure look like a team that can compete for the division, meanwhile the Bears look like Arizona's biggest competition for first overall.

Last edited by Bend on Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

He was at that Wisconsin bar last night.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
2019: FavreFan/Gute/Pile of Rocks: Yeah we just lost the NFC title game with all key players either in their prime or just about to hit it. So the next logical thing to do is pour expensive resources into...a guy who won't play for three years.

2020: Pack lose because of missing pieces they could have had but chose Love over. FF is disappointed

2021: Pack lose because of missing pieces they could have had but chose Love over. FF is disappointed

2022: Pack lose because of missing pieces they could have had but chose Love over. FF is disappointed

2023: Pack trade HOF QB and win 1 game against worst team in NFL. FF is extremely happy

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:36 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
2019: FavreFan/Gute/Pile of Rocks: Yeah we just lost the NFC title game with all key players either in their prime or just about to hit it. So the next logical thing to do is pour expensive resources into...a guy who won't play for three years.

2020: Pack lose because of missing pieces they could have had but chose Love over. FF is disappointed

2021: Pack lose because of missing pieces they could have had but chose Love over. FF is disappointed

2022: Pack lose because of missing pieces they could have had but chose Love over. FF is disappointed

2023: Pack trade HOF QB and win 1 game against worst team in NFL. FF is extremely happy

Just take the Jordan Love L man. You were wrong. It happens.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:40 pm 

He doesn't need to suck for what we've been telling you for months to be true. It already is true. You threw away the best years of the Adams-Rodgers-Jones-Higgins-Etc core for the chance to draft Jordan Love and soundly beat a 3-14 team in 2023. Congratulations! What an achievement.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:42 pm 

Love is probably going to be an average quarterback. Worse than Cousins. Better than Derek Carr. I think Bears fans can handle that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
He doesn't need to suck for what we've been telling you for months to be true. It already is true. You threw away the best years of the Adams-Rodgers-Jones-Higgins-Etc core for the chance to draft Jordan Love and soundly beat a 3-14 team in 2023. Congratulations! What an achievement.

They're in denial. Just sit back and enjoy their decade of suckage that's on the way.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Brick wrote:
Love is probably going to be an average quarterback. Worse than Cousins. Better than Derek Carr. I think Bears fans can handle that.

you got to remember the superbowl rodgers won was when the packers were the dark horse in the playoffs that year . nobody expected them to do much and they snuck up on everyone and beat them. Rodgers did have a great superbowl but the years after, they never got there because the other teams prepared for rodgers and beat him.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:45 pm 

Brick wrote:

BUT HE SLICED AND DICED HIS WAY THROUGH A 3-14 DEFENSE! DID YOU NOT SEE THAT! GOING 1-0 AGAINST THE BEARS IS WAYYYYY BETTER THAN BEING A PERENNIAL CONTENDER UNDER THAT BUM RODGERS

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

Bend wrote:
They sure look like a team that can compete for the division
The Packers competed for the division last year, and ended up watching the playoffs from their couch just like you and I. The Bears complete suckage and utter incompetence has nothing to go with GB failing to capitalize on a HOF QB over the last 10+ years.

Love might be good enough to win ~9 games each season. That mediocrity seems to make Packers fans happy. Good for them.

I do think the hypocrisy is hilarious that after one game against one of the worst defenses in the NFL, FF is ready to lock Love into a starting role as a great QB for the next 15 years. For all we know Love could be Mitch.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:51 pm 

Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

They're in denial. Just sit back and enjoy their decade of suckage that's on the way.

I guess I don't understand 1 thing, Bears fan make fun of Rodgers because he could only play in 1 Superbowl but in the next breath feel like it is a guarantee with 1 draft decision he may have played in 3 more. Pretty wild.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hawg Ass wrote:
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

I guess I don't understand 1 thing, Bears fan make fun of Rodgers because he could only play in 1 Superbowl but in the next breath feel like it is a guarantee with 1 draft decision he may have played in 3 more. Pretty wild.

You would think Packers fans would have recognized that you were 1 really good WR or really good TE away from winning it all. We can't guarantee that Higgins doesn't break his neck. The assumption is you would have prime Adams, Jones, Higgins and MVP Karen. Likely with home field advantage because of your division.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:05 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous, Lord Stanley's, DeKalb Rock City
Bill Hicks avatar. lol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:08 pm 

Nas wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

You would think Packers fans would have recognized that you were 1 really good WR or really good TE away from winning it all. We can't guarantee that Higgins doesn't break his neck. The assumption is you would have prime Adams, Jones, Higgins and MVP Karen. Likely with home field advantage because of your division.

So, in Rodgers career, you don't think you could have said that any of those other years they "almost" got there? We have become not so good in this cold weather thing at Lambeau Field in January too, not sure that would have served us well as we had it already.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:12 pm 
100000 CLUB

Still getting help from the refs even when he gets hurt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ood3-cOT8ZA

After the sack, Rodgers classlessly fires the ball at the Bills defenders. Should have been 15 yard penalty. You know if somebody threw a ball at Rodgers there would be yellow laundry all over the field.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:14 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hawg Ass wrote:
Nas wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

So, in Rodgers career, you don't think you could have said that any of those other years they "almost" got there? We have become not so good in this cold weather thing at Lambeau Field in January too, not sure that would have served us well as we had it already.

I don't think Rodgers ever had 3 all pro caliber players to give the ball to. He would have with Higgins. Aaron Jones and Adams were so good, I couldn't pretend they sucked. I had to say Rodgers was the 2nd best Aaron on offense or the 3rd or 4th best player.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
veganfan21 wrote:
I love how Packer fans don't realize the only reason they walk around with their head held high and have some form of arrogance to them about their team is because of the very guy they're now trashing. Without Rodgers you guys would be a worse version of the pre Lawrence Jaguars or the current day Saints. Just aimless and irrelevant. Talk about biting the hand that feeds your fandom.

Rodgers was the Elway of the 2010's...only Elway in the late 80's made it all the way to the Super Bowl before crapping out.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I think he'll be back. If Peyton Manning can noodle-arm the Broncos to the Super Bowl, a gimpy Rodgers should be able to at least get some team back to the playoffs a time or two before he's done done.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Brick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Brick wrote:

What is confusing to me about your stance is that you came out immediately after the trade and stated that the Jets got fleeced and what a dumb trade it was for them, and now you seem to have done a complete 180 and are mocking the Packers for only getting 2 second round picks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next