It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 3:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:47 am 

I do kind of feel for Bears fans, the situation is so bad that to make themselves feel better they have to HOPE things don't work out for the Packers.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Brick wrote:
man of few opinions wrote:
They got more than a 2024 2nd-rounder - they also moved up quite a bit to get the jets 2023 2nd rounder, and got an extra 2023 pick in round 6. Whether those 2 extra picks turn into anything is open to speculation, but from what I have read the TE they took at 42 this year could be decent. drafting a kicker at 207 is admittedly weird but who knows.

I understand you chose a strange time to bump a trade discussion negotiation that got undeniably worse for the Packers but "Don't forget they got a kicker in round 6 from it!" is a strange argument.

I will never argue in favor of drafting a kicker, I am just pointing out that you were incorrect stating they traded Rodgers for a 2nd rounder. They actually got two second rounders and an extra pick this past draft that the Packers used on a kicker. But i guess the Jets won that trade in your opinion, that's fine with me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:57 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Brick wrote:
They got more than a 2024 2nd-rounder - they also moved up quite a bit to get the jets 2023 2nd rounder, and got an extra 2023 pick in round 6. Whether those 2 extra picks turn into anything is open to speculation, but from what I have read the TE they took at 42 this year could be decent. drafting a kicker at 207 is admittedly weird but who knows.

I understand you chose a strange time to bump a trade discussion negotiation that got undeniably worse for the Packers but "Don't forget they got a kicker in round 6 from it!" is a strange argument.

I will never argue in favor of drafting a kicker, I am just pointing out that you were incorrect stating they traded Rodgers for a 2nd rounder. They actually got two second rounders and an extra pick this past draft that the Packers used on a kicker. But i guess the Jets won that trade in your opinion, that's fine with me.

Because they essentially just got a 2nd for him. They swapped the 13th and 15th pick and swapped a 5th and 6th round pick.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:58 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Is this another thread where Bears fans have zero right to shit talk the Packers ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:02 am 
100000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Is this another thread where Bears fans have zero right to shit talk the Packers ?

Don't tread on me, bro.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:03 am 

Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:

Because they essentially just got a 2nd for him. They swapped the 13th and 15th pick and swapped a 5th and 6th round pick.

Yes, they got a 2nd in 2023, and a 2nd in 2024. they essentially swapped 1's and a 5th and a 6th in 2023.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:04 am 
100000 CLUB

KDdidit wrote:

A lot of wives and girlfriends went to work black and blue

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:04 am 

Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:

Yes, they got a 2nd in 2023, and a 2nd in 2024. they essentially swapped 1's and a 5th and a 6th in 2023.

Decent return overall.

Not a good return for a team that supposedly had "all the leverage".

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:05 am 
1000 CLUB

Wait a second. The bar is offering unlimited free drinks for every jets loss? No way. I’m thinking it’s just one free drink.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:05 am 

Brick wrote:
Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:

Decent return overall.

Not a good return for a team that supposedly had "all the leverage".

good, you're making progress.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:07 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous, Lord Stanley's, DeKalb Rock City
KDdidit wrote:

lol then they woke up this morning and realized that they still live in wisconsin.

and that Deni$$$ stole their queen of the manufactured home community.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:10 am 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:

I was wrong. I didn't realize they got a 2nd this year. You're right.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:17 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
I do kind of feel for Bears fans, the situation is so bad that to make themselves feel better they have to HOPE things don't work out for the Packers.

I do find it kind of weird. The only thing that is going to make me feel better is Fields learning how to throw in the pocket or If he gets benched for the rookie QB and we find the next T.Brady.

Don't give a fuck about the Rodgers trade or what they got for him. I do want to see Love fail, but that alone will not cure my Bears ailments.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:19 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:

The Bears could be the four time defending Super Bowl champions and I would still be happy when the Packers lose a first round pick.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:25 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Brick wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

The Bears could be the four time defending Super Bowl champions and I would still be happy when the Packers lose a first round pick.

Bears fans are all right with Gute throwing away title shots
from 2019-2022 for the chance to draft Jordan Love. It's all good - they have as many titles as we do over that time period, and looks like both fan bases are satisfied with Gute's achievements there.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:29 am 

Juiced wrote:
The only thing that is going to make me feel better is Fields learning how to throw in the pocket

Dude, you're waiting for a 25 year old first round draft pick decorated college QB to "learn to throw from the pocket" in his third year. Think about that for a second. Stop hoping and move on.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:34 am 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Juiced wrote:
The only thing that is going to make me feel better is Fields learning how to throw in the pocket

Dude, you're waiting for a 25 year old first round draft pick decorated college QB to "learn to throw from the pocket" in his third year. Think about that for a second. Stop hoping and move on.

Are you telling me that having all of your WRs get drafted in the first round, having your RB get drafted early, and having your entire offensive line get drafted is a great thing for a college quarterback?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:41 am 

Brick wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

I prefer not to be happy when things happen over other players serious injuries.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:50 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
badrogue17 wrote:
Wouldve been really interesting last year to see what kind of stats for the game the great Nathan Peterman wouldve ended up with against them had he not gotten injured after he lit them up in the first quarter despite no one being open, his receivers being bad and having no time to throw .
You have the dullest axes in the world because they are all ground to the nub.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:52 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Brick wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

I prefer not to be happy when things happen over other players serious injuries.

Did they euthanize Rodgers or something?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:53 am 
100000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
And yet the Bills still couldn’t win.

The Jets may follow the 2000 Ravens path to wins despite mediocre QB play.

Yeah, that Jets defense is nasty.

Wouldve been really interesting last year to see what kind of stats for the game the great Nathan Peterman wouldve ended up with against them had he not gotten injured after he lit them up in the first quarter despite no one being open, his receivers being bad and having no time to throw .

That was Siemian. Peterman sucks. Fields loves him because he's the worst quarterback in NFL history statistically.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:00 pm 

Brick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
We got a 2nd round pick for a guy that was never gonna play for us again and people think it was a bad trade because he got hurt and it wasnt a 1st :lol:

Anyway, the pick was for insurance in case we needed to find a QB next year. It certainly looks like we found one this past week, so pick is house money anyway
It's more mocking the idea that the Packers had some extreme leverage in a situation they will ultimately end up with one second round pick where the 49ers, with literally no leverage, got a 4th round pick for a guy who probably is going to be out of the league soon.

There's a huge difference between a 2nd and a 4th. You are acting like they are interchangeable.

But, I understand Bears fans are grasping at whatever they can this week after that ass whooping.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:01 pm 

I did mess up that it was basically two second round picks.

However, there is also a massive difference between Aaron Rodgers and Trey Lance who will be lucky to throw 10 more touchdowns in his career.

badrogue17 wrote:

Yup

To rock my soul

Brick wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Brick wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

Did they euthanize Rodgers or something?

Rodgers will be fine. The part of me that respects is talent is sad. The part of me that hates his narcissism is in no comment status.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:02 pm 

Brick wrote:

However, there is also a massive difference between Aaron Rodgers and Trey Lance who will be lucky to throw 10 more touchdowns in his career.

Yeah, the difference is one of them can walk upright today and one cant.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:03 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Brick wrote:

Can we get back to the discussion on how the Packers had all that leverage and turned it into two second round picks?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:04 pm 

I love how Packer fans don't realize the only reason they walk around with their head held high and have some form of arrogance to them about their team is because of the very guy they're now trashing. Without Rodgers you guys would be a worse version of the pre Lawrence Jaguars or the current day Saints. Just aimless and irrelevant. Talk about biting the hand that feeds your fandom.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:06 pm 
100000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Brick wrote:

Can we get back to the discussion on how the Packers had all that leverage and turned it into two second round picks?

They don't want to talk about that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next