It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Week 10
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Dear Lord this Giants team is ass. It’s kind of a shame; I thought Daboll was building something but they’re a dumpster fire.

Also the cowboys may suck.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

Post subject: Re: Week 10
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Dear Lord this Giants team is ass. It’s kind of a shame; I thought Daboll was building something but they’re a dumpster fire.

Also the cowboys may suck.

Giants get the gift of a Dak pick well into the red zone, and promptly drizzle the shits. Nothing like running out of the wildcat for the second time already.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Daboll ruined 2 teams, the Bills offense got worse by Daboll leaving and somehow so did the Giants offense when Daboll showed up in New Jersey.

Maybe some of these assistant coaches all fired up to move up to the top job would do better / have more team success staying put as OCs/DCs.

How many times Josh McDaniels gotta try and fail before teams give up on dude as a HC.

Lou Anarumo disappointed he didn't get more of a look for HC openings last off-season. But being great at coaching 1/3rd of a team for half of a game at an insanely high level
might not get it done at the HC level. And Anarumo's defense got the crapped kicked out of em at home by a rookie ( and lost Bengals 2nd H bettors $$'s in the process).

Stroud looked at home playing back in Ohio.

Ben Johnson has the Lions offense looking like an unstoppable machine; but that doesn't mean he's going to be able to lead the Bears or Patriots or Redskins or whomever to a winning record.

Lions offense looking stellar against the Chargers. Does help that the Chargers are letting receivers run around uncovered in their backyard forever while Goff studiously wastes time going through his progressions. At times Goff zips throws into narrow windows on timing routes like he's Matt Stafford. Other times Goff stands around patting the ball while his receiver's waving for the pass like Goff's impersonating Justin Fields--tho the difference is Goff eventually spots the open guy and gets the ball to him. I guess at least Goff's (mostly) a competent NFL QB, but he's frustratingly inconsistent, esp at big moments.

I picked Ravens over Lions in the Super Bowl before the season. Lions gonna need to be the #1 overall seed in the NFC to have a chance at making it happen. I don't see Goff winning playoff games on the road unless they're in New Orleans.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:14 pm 

Goff keeps throwing screens at the receivers feet when they're behind the line of scrimmage. I wonder if that's because he's been pick six'd on those throws enough that he's gun-shy about floating it up there where a defender could jump the route and take it for a TD.

Nantz baiting Romo to say good things about Goff. Romo: "Helps to draft good receivers and that was a good play call". Romo not giving Goff much credit.

Last edited by Hussra on Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:15 pm 

13:00 left in the 3rd quarter, the Giants have 19 yards of total offense. Is that good?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:24 pm 

Herbert throws another incompletion, Romo: "OMG Jim, did you see that pass?! That's next level!" dafugg

Ok, that was a nice pass by Herbert throwing a laser back across his body on the run to set up first and goal.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Good day to have Red Zone since they’re showing the Giants/Cowboys locally. This Detroit game is fun—I’m pulling for the Lions as they’ve suffered for so long.

Stroud still looked the part today.

I think Baltimore is over rated.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:46 pm 

ballsy play call by the Lions on 3rd and 1 to sneak a TD to Brock Wright (7 career TD's on 37 career targets).

Defenses not playing awful; other than some PI penalties and Chargers seem to lose Lions receivers on occasion and couldn't tackle Montgomery on the 75 yard TD run.

Both quarterbacks/offenses over and over making plays on 3rd or even 4th down for the Chargers TD.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:52 pm 

Kellen Moore to Ben Johnson, I see your 3rd and 1 for a TD pass and raise you 4th and inches for a TD pass call.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Can’t believe Lions didn’t kick a field goal there. Definitely don’t trust their D.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:13 pm 

I wouldn't have trusted the Lions D to keep Herbert out of FG range or even a game winning TD drive with what have been 1:30 left about.

Good win for Goff, even if was inside and at a place where he's probably played as many games as in Detroit.

Other than @Bears week 14, Lions remaining road games all indoors: @Saints, @Bears, @Vikings @Cowboys.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:27 pm 

Denver may fuck around and play it’s way out of a top 5 pick.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
You can't trust Sweaty Josh. I'm not sure you can call him a top 5 quarterback.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

Last edited by Nas on Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:42 pm 

Nas wrote:
You can trust Sweaty Josh. I'm not sure you can call him a top 5 quarterback.

#verdad

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
The Buffalo offense has steadily declined since Daboll left.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:43 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
The Buffalo offense has steadily declined since Daboll left.

Well, they just fired their O.C.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Hussra wrote:
Daboll ruined 2 teams, the Bills offense got worse by Daboll leaving and somehow so did the Giants offense when Daboll showed up in New Jersey.

Maybe some of these assistant coaches all fired up to move up to the top job would do better / have more team success staying put as OCs/DCs.

How many times Josh McDaniels gotta try and fail before teams give up on dude as a HC.

Lou Anarumo disappointed he didn't get more of a look for HC openings last off-season. But being great at coaching 1/3rd of a team for half of a game at an insanely high level
might not get it done at the HC level. And Anarumo's defense got the crapped kicked out of em at home by a rookie ( and lost Bengals 2nd H bettors $$'s in the process).

Stroud looked at home playing back in Ohio.

Ben Johnson has the Lions offense looking like an unstoppable machine; but that doesn't mean he's going to be able to lead the Bears or Patriots or Redskins or whomever to a winning record.

Lions offense looking stellar against the Chargers. Does help that the Chargers are letting receivers run around uncovered in their backyard forever while Goff studiously wastes time going through his progressions. At times Goff zips throws into narrow windows on timing routes like he's Matt Stafford. Other times Goff stands around patting the ball while his receiver's waving for the pass like Goff's impersonating Justin Fields--tho the difference is Goff eventually spots the open guy and gets the ball to him. I guess at least Goff's (mostly) a competent NFL QB, but he's frustratingly inconsistent, esp at big moments.

I picked Ravens over Lions in the Super Bowl before the season. Lions gonna need to be the #1 overall seed in the NFC to have a chance at making it happen. I don't see Goff winning playoff games on the road unless they're in New Orleans.

100% agree. Goff is like the gym rat shooter. Put him on the playground and the confidence goes byebye. I've filed this for future Lions bets.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:22 pm 

Lions/Browns SB is about 66-1. I don’t know that the Lions could beat the Eagles. Lions could be like the Orioles come playoff time.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:46 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
W_Z wrote:
Lions/Browns SB is about 66-1. I don’t know that the Lions could beat the Eagles. Lions could be like the Orioles come playoff time.
I'll take the Lions over the Cowboys, but Eagles or 49ers....not sure they'd make it past either of them.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.