Post subject: Odunze vs MHJ
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's

DOB: June 3, 2002

DOB: August 11, 2002

Post subject: Re: Odunze vs MHJ
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:23 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
One played with a possible top 10 pick at Quarterback this draft, the other with a guy that will be doing the Enterprise Rent-A Car Co-op after college.

You really can't compare.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
There's pedigree and the eye test, too. I think this draft has a potentially great crop of WRs and quarterbacks. Hopefully, we get the best of both.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:27 pm 

Penix is playing well--as you'd expect a 24 year old 6th year player to do against 18-20 year olds. :lol: I don't see a team risking a top 10 1st round pick on Penix--esp with other options available who aren't old dudes approaching retirement age picking apart teenager-rostered defenses

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:29 pm 

Nas wrote:
There's pedigree and the eye test, too. I think this draft has a potentially great crop of WRs and quarterbacks. Hopefully, we get the best of both.

You watch the games yesterday/last night? How'd Harrison do. I must've missed the generational talent MHJ carrying his team to a New Year's Bowl. Odunze looked pretty damn good. We'll see him again in a week.

Last edited by Hussra on Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:34 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hussra wrote:
Nas wrote:

You watch the games yesterday/last night? How'd Harrison do. I must've missed MHJ carrying his team to a New Year's Bowl. Odunze looked pretty damn good. We'll see him again in a week.

I did. I even asked why MANY believe Nabers is the end best receiver.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Hussra wrote:
Penix is playing well--as you'd expect a 24 year old 6th year player to do against 18-20 year olds. :lol: I don't see a team risking a top 10 1st round pick on Penix--esp with other options available who aren't old dudes approaching retirement age picking apart teenager-rostered defenses

Penix played very well at Indiana of all places and then revived the moribund football program at Washington. I'd certainly look at him closely if I were Poles.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

Hussra wrote:

Also, Penix is 23, not 24.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:43 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Tall Midget wrote:
Hussra wrote:

Penix played very well at Indiana of all places and then revived the moribund football program at Washington. I'd certainly look at him closely if I were Poles.

You certainly don't cavalierly dismiss someone because they're 24. I find that nuts.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:46 pm 

You don't dismiss them entirely, but you adjust what you're seeing on the field right now to account for the fact that Penix is playing his 6th season of college ball against mostly teenagers with 1 to 3 years of college experience.

Last edited by Hussra on Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:47 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hussra wrote:
Nas wrote:

You watch the games yesterday/last night? How'd Harrison do. I must've missed the generational talent MHJ carrying his team to a New Year's Bowl. Odunze looked pretty damn good. We'll see him again in a week.

The editing of your post made your argument worse. MHJ isn't the reason why Ohio State didn't play yesterday. Odunze didn't carry Washington to the championship, either.

Who knows what will happen in the NFL, but I can't see how anyone can watch MHJ and Odunze play, and conclude Odunze is better. MHJ would be the Bears #1 WR right now.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:49 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Hussra wrote:

You certainly don't cavalierly dismiss someone because they're 24. I find that nuts.

More than age, his throwing motion throws me off. This coming from someone who competed against a lefty brother for a chunk of my life. It just looks too stiff.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Hussra wrote:

Right. His injury history scares me far more than his age. In the couple of games I saw him play this season, he threw his receivers open on more occasions than Fields has done during the course of his entire Bears career.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Hussra wrote:

More than age, his throwing motion throws me off. This coming from someone who competed against a lefty brother for a chunk of my life. It just looks too stiff.

Yes, his throwing motion definitely looks odd. The guy seems to be a very heady player, though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:53 pm 

You can't be a generational talent and have your team play on the Friday before New Year's.

Harrison's the correct draft pick for 1st overall WR (for teams looking for a player who slays in meaningless games).

Odunze out there making it closer playing in meaningful games:

Look at that, he even helped clean up after the game, what a mensch

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

I agree about Odunze: His success seems more a product of Penix's skill level than his own innate greatness.

I haven't seen enough of MHJ yet to offer an opinion. I will say, though, that I find the "pedigree" argument unconvincing. It is very rare that the offspring of a great professional athlete turns out to be as good or better than his father.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:12 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Ken Griffey Jr?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:19 pm 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
I agree about Odunze: His success seems more a product of Penix's skill level than his own innate greatness.

I haven't seen enough of MHJ yet to offer an opinion. I will say, though, that I find the "pedigree" argument unconvincing. It is very rare that the offspring of a great professional athlete turns out to be as good or better than his father.

It's rare for great athletes to produce great athletes. That said, MANY talented athletes are the product of athletically talented parents. Football appears to have cracked some code recently. Look at the drafts over the past 5 years or so, and you'll find the children of former players being drafted high and playing well. I don't know if any of them are as physically gifted as MHJ. I don't know if his dad was as physically gifted as this kid is. As we've seen with Fields, your physical tools can only carry you so far.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Hussra wrote:

He’s got that Phil Rivers shot put motion.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:34 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Hussra wrote:

I'd be surprised if Caleb Williams has a better career than Penix.. I'd have no problem with the bears taking him with that second pick.. take Harrison at 1.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:34 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Hussra wrote:

He’s got that Phil Rivers shot put motion.

Dude throws a great deep ball

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Caller Bob wrote:
Ken Griffey Jr?

Barry Bonds
Moises Alou
Prince Fielder
Peyton & Eli Manning
Roberto Alomar & Sandy Alomar, Jr.
Floyd Mayweather, Jr.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:46 pm 

312player wrote:
Hey scout...where you been?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:52 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
312player wrote:

I liked him in indiana, I understand being shy with those knee injuries but I'd take a chance on him.. I dontvthink he'll be there in the 2nd round.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:58 pm 

312player wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
312player wrote:

I liked him in indiana, I understand being shy with those knee injuries but I'd take a chance on him.. I dontvthink he'll be there in the 2nd round.

I was more curious why you disappeared from the Jordan Love thread.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:10 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
312player wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
312player wrote:

I'm still a firm believer that Jordan Love Sucks.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:16 pm 
100000 CLUB

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Ken Griffey Jr?

Barry Bonds
Moises Alou
Prince Fielder
Peyton & Eli Manning
Floyd Mayweather, Jr.

The Hulls and we're 2 years away from a 3rd generation of Mannings. I think Clay Matthew's dad or uncle played in the NFL too, but he sucked away his HoF chances at the end.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:25 pm 

Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

It's rare for great athletes to produce great athletes. That said, MANY talented athletes are the product of athletically talented parents. Football appears to have cracked some code recently. Look at the drafts over the past 5 years or so, and you'll find the children of former players being drafted high and playing well. I don't know if any of them are as physically gifted as MHJ. I don't know if his dad was as physically gifted as this kid is. As we've seen with Fields, your physical tools can only carry you so far.

Does he have the “killer” instinct his supposedly had?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:27 pm 

312player wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
312player wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
312player wrote:

I'm still a firm believer that Jordan Love Sucks.

:clown:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Ken Griffey Jr?

Barry Bonds
Moises Alou
Prince Fielder
Peyton & Eli Manning
Floyd Mayweather, Jr.

The Hulls and we're 2 years away from a 3rd generation of Mannings. I think Clay Matthew's dad or uncle played in the NFL too, but he sucked away his HoF chances at the end.

I think you guys are proving my point here. HOF athletes rarely have offspring who can match their athletic prowess.