It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:02 pm 

Per Danny Mac. Likely announced tomorrow.

We will see if he knows what he talking about

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Per Danny Mac. Likely announced tomorrow.

We will see if he knows what he talking about

I beat you by a minute. Put it in the proper section too

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:13 pm 

No actually you didnt. Mine was posted at 10:02

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
No actually you didnt. Mine was posted at 10:02

Oh yeah. You win.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:49 am 

pizza_Place: John's
They likely have been talking to his agent for over a month but remember when Brick said there was no advantage to firing a coach in November or December?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:24 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Caller Bob wrote:
They likely have been talking to his agent for over a month but remember when Brick said there was no advantage to firing a coach in November or December?

Are you suggesting that the Bears would have wound up with Harbaugh if they fired Eberflus in November?

As I've previously said, that was never going to happen. The McCaskeys prefer modest, unknown coaches over "star coaches" with big egos, the McCaskeys rarely terminate coaches if they have two or three years remaining on their deals, Harbaugh likely wants more control over the roster than Poles would be likely to cede, and Warren and Harbaugh don't like one another.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:05 am 

Caller Bob wrote:

This may be your dumbest flex ever. The Bears would have had a week and a half to get Harbaugh if they had fired Eberflus on Black Monday. Any contact prior to that would have been done in secret because Harbaugh was literally winning the national title until then. It's not like the Chargers had to fire Staley to send a message to Harbaugh's agent saying "Want to coach our team next year?".

Plus, you know, the Bears didn't fire their coach anyways.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:41 am 

Southern California with an elite QB, RB, and WR in place as well as a top 5 pick. That might just be attractive to a prospective coach

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:53 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
good dolphin wrote:
Southern California with an elite QB, RB, and WR in place as well as a top 5 pick. That might just be attractive to a prospective coach

Coupled with the fact that in all likelihood, Harbaugh didnt want to come here anyway .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:18 am 
1000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Coupled with the fact that in all likelihood, Harbaugh didnt want to come here anyway .

...and wasn't wanted by the McCaskeys, Warren, or Poles.

But other than that, conditions were perfect for a Harbaugh hire minus the lack of a November Eberflus firing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:31 am 

Bob with the L

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:55 am 

Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

This may be your dumbest flex ever. The Bears would have had a week and a half to get Harbaugh if they had fired Eberflus on Black Monday. Any contact prior to that would have been done in secret because Harbaugh was literally winning the national title until then. It's not like the Chargers had to fire Staley to send a message to Harbaugh's agent saying "Want to coach our team next year?".

So to confirm, you still believe there is ZERO benefit to firing a coach in Nov or Dec?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:56 am 

good dolphin wrote:

Is the QB elite? I know he's expensive and about to get even more expensive. He seems not to win much. Team is in cap hell, old/aging roster. Allen is a good WR but Williams is injury prone and the WR they just drafted is a bust.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:58 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

So to confirm, you still believe there is ZERO benefit to firing a coach in Nov or Dec?

In terms of who the next coach will be there is no benefit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:08 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

But other than that, conditions were perfect for a Harbaugh hire minus the lack of a November Eberflus firing.

The Bears control the draft (again) with the best QB prospect some are saying since Luck. And they have another top 10 pick. They also have (again) top 5 cap space in the NFL. They could have offered any offensive coach the opportunity to chose his QB and direction of the offense.

But yeah, no potential conditions for the Bears to bring in an elite coach.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:18 am 
1000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

The Bears control the draft (again) with the best QB prospect some are saying since Luck. And they have another top 10 pick. They also have (again) top 5 cap space in the NFL. They could have offered any offensive coach the opportunity to chose his QB and direction of the offense.

The McCaskeys et al. didn't want him. They think they can win by hiring relatively anonymous embodiments of the Peter Principle . They don't like ego, spending money, or, evidently, success.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:33 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Many many moons ago I seem to recall the rumors being that old lady McCaskey loved Harbaugh.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:52 am 

Just to pile on Caller Bob a little, the Falcons interviewed Harbaugh on Tuesday. The Falcons fired Smith after the season ended.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:16 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Tall Midget wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

The McCaskeys et al. didn't want him. They think they can win by hiring relatively anonymous embodiments of the Peter Principle . They don't like ego, spending money, or, evidently, success.

They have shown a willingness to waste millions on bad coaches, and GM's.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:32 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Is the QB elite? I know he's expensive and about to get even more expensive. He seems not to win much. Team is in cap hell, old/aging roster. Allen is a good WR but Williams is injury prone and the WR they just drafted is a bust.

Yes, I think he's elite. The knock on Staley was his defense giving away big leads (that the offense under Herbert staked him to) in the most improbable of ways.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:56 am 

Brick wrote:
Just to pile on Caller Bob a little, the Falcons interviewed Harbaugh on Tuesday. The Falcons fired Smith after the season ended.

Not the dunk you think it is. They(San Diego) probably started drafting the Harbaugh contract over a month ago

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:58 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:

Not the dunk you think it was. They(San Diego) probably started drafting the Harbaugh contract over a month ago

Yet Atlanta could hire him today if they wanted.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:11 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Are you suggesting that the Bears would have wound up with Harbaugh if they fired Eberflus in November?

As I've previously said, that was never going to happen. The McCaskeys prefer modest, unknown coaches over "star coaches" with big egos, the McCaskeys rarely terminate coaches if they have two or three years remaining on their deals, Harbaugh likely wants more control over the roster than Poles would be likely to cede, and Warren and Harbaugh don't like one another.

and then people say the mcaskeys have nothing to do with what happens on the field.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:13 pm 
Site Admin

Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:

Not the dunk you think it is. They(San Diego) probably started drafting the Harbaugh contract over a month ago

You are piling on yourself Bob by posting this.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:25 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:

Rough Wednesday for My Guy Caller Bob, but most days are.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
Man I really don't want him to go to the chargers. Either stay at Michigan (of which I'm a fan) or go to the Bears (not a fan but think it would be really entertaining)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

Seacrest wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

They have shown a willingness to waste millions on bad coaches, and GM's.

That's a fair point. There's no question they have historically avoided hiring "stars" that come with inflated price tags, though. Hiring and firing accomplished coaches/executives is more expensive than doing the same with relatively anonymous figures.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
good dolphin wrote:

Elite RB? Ekeler is cooked and he wont be there next year anyway

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:15 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:

The Wheels on the San Diego/Harbaugh train were set in motion months ago. I know you are a simpleton, should I try and diagram this out in crayon for you?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:27 pm 
Site Admin

Caller Bob wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:

The Wheels on the San Diego/Harbaugh train were set in motion months ago. I know you are a simpleton, should I try and diagram this out in crayon for you?

Months ago, the Chargers were the pre-season pick of MANY to make the playoffs.

If you are saying that the Chargers were planning to hire Harbaugh before the season even began, than we have to stop and make your statement the new clubhouse leader in the "Dumbest Shit caller Bob has Ever Said" sweepstakes.