It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
No, it's not Justin Fields. That's just lazy.

It's Peyton Manning. Hear me out:

From ages 21/22 - 26/27: Both experienced regular season dominance, won MVP awards, top 5-7 in passer rating stats, Lamar actually had more accurate completion percentages (64.5% to 62.9%), both had multiple pro bowls, both with multiple all pros, but disappointing/not successful in the playoffs. Statistics dropped, passer rating dropped, etc.

Jackson is on a Manning track so far.

https://stathead.com/football/versus-fi ... 2yrto=2023

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

Last edited by veganfan21 on Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:50 am 

https://x.com/ESPNRadio/status/1752481665824272827?s=09

Yep

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:11 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Looking forward to Lamar winning a Super Bowl in 4 years at age 31 and then a 2nd one a decade later, Peyton Manning style.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:14 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Let me know when he gets a 4k yard season in a passing league now with rules designed for offense.. and an extra game. Manning had 4 or 5 of those at this point.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:24 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
I am looking forward to Lamar Jackson throwing 49 TD passes next year like Manning did in his 7th season!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:13 am 

Lots of literalist understandings here, almost as if guys here expect Jackson to endorse Mitt Romney for president because that's what Manning did when he was the same age.

This is about narratives and career arcs. Jackson's big picture narrative is basically following Manning's narrative - highly successful in the regular season and disappointing in the playoffs. Lots of truly dumb posts linking Fields to Jackson when Fields never ever sustained the kind of regular season success Jackson has. Jackson's arc is closer to Manning's.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:04 am 
1000 CLUB

Relax, Veggie. I think people are having a little fun with you because you seemed to be patting yourself on the back for making the brilliant observation that NFL MVP Lamar Jackson has been significantly more successful than Justin Fields.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:33 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Tall Midget wrote:
Relax, Veggie. I think people are having a little fun with you because you seemed to be patting yourself on the back for making the brilliant observation that NFL MVP Lamar Jackson has been significantly more successful than Justin Fields.

There does seem to be an excessive pounding on Jackson who was indeed involved in the poor play of the team, but hardly not the only one, the poor game plan, and the poor execution of being "physical".

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:37 am 

Tall Midget wrote:

Trust me bro, significant # of posters here think there's not much difference between Lamar and Justin. Run a poll. Not into patting myself on the back, I think that's clawmasters speciality.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

There does seem to be an excessive pounding on Jackson who was indeed involved in the poor play of the team, but hardly not the only one, the poor game plan, and the poor execution of being "physical".

Isn't that the nature of being an NFL quarterback?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Trust me bro, significant # of posters here think there's not much difference between Lamar and Justin. Run a poll. Not into patting myself on the back, I think that's clawmasters speciality.

:lol:

OK, have at it, then.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:34 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Lots of literalist understandings here, almost as if guys here expect Jackson to endorse Mitt Romney for president because that's what Manning did when he was the same age.

That's ridiculous. Mitt Romney's not even running for re-election to his Senate seat, let alone President or the Republican nomination.

Image is 2024's Mitt Romney

No word on whether Lamar's donated to Nikki Haley's campaign yet.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:37 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

was the pounding Clayton Kershaw took excessive when he crapped the bed post-season after post-season while stacking 1, 2, 3, 4 Cy Young awards.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:56 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Isn't that the nature of being an NFL quarterback?

It is, but there is an element of "NFL for dummies" aspect. Earlier I asked a question. Would Baltimore take the Bears #1 for Jackson? I got no answer. I got "Glad you aren't the Bears GM". I'm pretty damn sure Baltimore would not take that deal.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:46 pm 

you win a regular season best player award and you crap the bed in the playoffs, you get pounded. As Dirk did. As Kershaw did post-season failure after post-season failure. If anything Lamar's been made excuses for and treated with kid gloves compared to the way we hammered Kershaw and ridiculed Dirk.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:50 pm 

Feel like we're getting off track. To clarify for me personally, Lamar deserves criticism. He should be criticized. He choked. MVPs shouldn't choke. He did. Therefore, criticism is welcome. It comes with the territory. What he's going through is exactly what Peyton Manning went through at this point during Manning's career. So group him with pre title Manning or pre title Dirk as MVPs who failed to deliver on the big stage. Don't group him with Sackstin Fields.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:04 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Feel like we're getting off track. To clarify for me personally, Lamar deserves criticism. He should be criticized. He choked. MVPs shouldn't choke. He did. Therefore, criticism is welcome. It comes with the territory. What he's going through is exactly what Peyton Manning went through at this point during Manning's career. So group him with pre title Manning or pre title Dirk as MVPs who failed to deliver on the big stage. Don't group him with Sackstin Fields.

100%. Even Michael Jordan was labeled as not championship timber.