It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Herbert > Purdy?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:22 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Nas wrote:
I would take Purdy over Love. I think we've overrated Love and Stroud. I've see Stroud as a top 5 quarterback. I don't think he's better than Love. I certainly don't believe Love is top 5.

Stroud's QBR was middle of the road. He was less than amazing, but pretty damn good for a rookie. Your statement wasn't THAT outlandish. Over your skis a bit but youtube has propagandized you well.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:40 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Purdy will be revealed as a mid-tier game manager in the SB.
Standing by this thought? :lol:

He looked more poised than I expected so I’ll definitely concede on that. Still, completion of 60% for 255 yds and 1 TD doesn’t exactly scream superstar.

Definitely not elite, but he clearly proved to be above game manager and above "pretty good". There was certainly a whole lot of other stupid surrounding him on the team

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:45 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
BigW72 wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

He looked more poised than I expected so I’ll definitely concede on that. Still, completion of 60% for 255 yds and 1 TD doesn’t exactly scream superstar.

Definitely not elite, but he clearly proved to be above game manager and above "pretty good". There was certainly a whole lot of other stupid surrounding him on the team

Spot on.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:47 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
I would take Purdy over Love. I think we've overrated Love and Stroud. I've see Stroud as a top 5 quarterback. I don't think he's better than Love. I certainly don't believe Love is top 5.

Stroud's QBR was middle of the road. He was less than amazing, but pretty damn good for a rookie. Your statement wasn't THAT outlandish. Over your skis a bit but youtube has propagandized you well.

This is solely my flawed eye scouting. If I had confidence in what everyone else is saying, I wouldn't waste time looking at these guys.

If C-Will plays at least 15 games, I would be disappointed if he has less than 30 total touchdowns and 3800 yards. I would question his ability to be a superstar, even if the Bears are a playoff team.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:49 pm 
100000 CLUB

BigW72 wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

The usual big game choking from Shanahan, CMC sucking for most of the game, drive killing penalties, and his stud receivers not being able to get open.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Not sure about that, nas. They averaged 5.7 more points per game than they did last year. Why? That's all Stroud. That per game increase has them ranked 14 overall in offense dvoa. On defense they ranked 17, just behind the bears. Stroud was the primary driver of their turnaround.

Why would that be all Stroud? They had a lot of low scoring games. The defense wasn't giving up a lot of points.

It's clearly Stroud for many reasons, including the stats Zippy cited. I'm not bashing the Houston defense but they were per the numbers an average to slightly above average D for the whole season, comparable to the bears. They surrendered 19.7 per game on defense, good enough for 12th overall. They scored 22.7 per game, more than the Chiefs. Last year, without Stroud, they scored 17 per game.

Houston's defense gave up fewer than 20 points 9 times during the regular season. The Texans scored more than 23 points in 4 games and there were special teams and defensive touchdowns included in there. Justin Fields had the same total touchdowns a year before and averaged virtually the same number this year. I love the efficiency, but I would take Love's overall production over Stroud's every year.

Edit: Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky had more touchdowns in fewer games, with a great defense, in 2018 and we wanted to run him out of town. Now it makes you a top 5 player. GTFOH!

:lol:

Now I know you're not serious. You're comparing Stroud's rookie year to players playing in their second or third years. What undermines what you're saying is even saying Stroud's numbers or some of his numbers are close to guys in their second or third year reflects poorly on the other guys and reflects positively on the rookie. 22.7 ppg for the Texans does not include ST or defensive TDs, it's all offense (Stroud). I'm not sure what your argument is anymore because you're not really citing data and whatever points you appear to be making contradict the data. But if you're saying Stroud will not really build upon his successful rookie year then fine, the future is unknown, can't really say much. But nothing about Stroud's accolades this year was undeserved. It's all supported by individual and team statistics - he clearly put the team on his back and is the sole reason why he was playing in the postseason while guys like Fields and T.ubrisky were playing Madden.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:32 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Stroud has no running game, missing his best WRs for several games.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:39 pm 
100000 CLUB

As a team, Houston scored 17 more points than the Bears, and Stroud accounted for 156 of their 377 points. That doesn't get me excited. It shouldn't get you excited, either. I'm not saying that the kid sucks or he didn't play relatively well. As I said in my initial post on him, I just think he's been overrated. Folks are calling him a top 5 quarterback. I disagree. I want more offensive production from C-Will next year.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Nas wrote:
Why is Herbert considered a better quarterback than Purdy? He's had an elite offense and a talented defense his entire career and he's repeatedly wet the bed. Purdy wins and rises above a coach who is shaky in big moments.

Purdy is a decent quarterback but nothing special despite Tony Romo's blathering about him at the Super Bowl. My bet is that he will get traded or cut before his rookie contract is up.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
The the land of the Mediocre White Male, the man who is 6'6 is king

Physical traits only get you so far. We've seen that with Cutler and Fields. Purdy has that it factor that you can't coach. My mediocre whites often have the it gene that helps them overcome any physical limitations they may have. Herbert pisses himself regularly. I don't think Captain Comeback can change that.

What drivel. "It" factor? Also where do you house your "mediocre whites" and do all of them have physical limitations? Were Brady, Peyton Manning, Joe Montana, John Elway, Steve Young, missing the "IT FACTOR"? It is really amazing the crap that creeps out of that mouth of yours.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5