It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Herbert > Purdy?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:13 am 

pizza_Place: What??
SF lost the game because of key penalties, a terrible play calling 3rd quarter, and a punt that hit a guy's leg.

That's all there is to it. Purdy did fine. Sure, he isn't generational, but there's only one of those every 25 years. Jackson can't beat him, Allen can't beat him, Burrow is still on the maybe list because he couldn't put up more than 20 points in the big one.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:15 am 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Brick wrote:
It all depends on how much money Purdy wants. You can win a Super Bowl with him at a reasonable price. You can't give him the type of contract that future HOF QB Jordan Love is going to get though.

Why would Purdy take less money than the market value for a top player at the position? Unless he completely falls apart next season, odds are his extension will exceed Love’s.
He could play out the next year and see what the market value is. I don't think it would come from SF. He's paid so poorly right now that a guaranteed $60 million over 3 years is better than going to free agency after this year.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:18 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
The elite QB won the game. As is the case 99% of the time.

I mean, of course you'd rather have Patrick Mahomes over Brock Purdy but I don't think Mahomes is available for the 49ers.

He got a lot closer to winning the Super Bowl this year than any other QB.

But he didn't win it. And a mediocre QB hasn't won the Superbowl in 6 years(Foles). Don't you believe that's a pattern?

Caller Bob wrote:
312player wrote:
So what do you Stafford doubters have to say now?

Still always Stat Paddford to me.

What about Stafford?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
The elite QB won the game. As is the case 99% of the time.

I mean, of course you'd rather have Patrick Mahomes over Brock Purdy but I don't think Mahomes is available for the 49ers.

He got a lot closer to winning the Super Bowl this year than any other QB.

But he didn't win it. And a mediocre QB hasn't won the Superbowl in 6 years(Foles). Don't you believe that's a pattern?

Caller Bob wrote:
312player wrote:
So what do you Stafford doubters have to say now?

Still always Stat Paddford to me.

What about Stafford?

I believe Stafford proved he is in the top tier.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Niners also made the Super Bowl b/c a Lions dback had a 50 yard pass interception go through his hands, hit the defender in the face-mask and bounce directly into Aiyuk's hands to go from likely punting down multiple scores in the 2nd half to 1st and goal. And then immediately had a Lions rookie RB brain-fart the ball back to them in the red zone to wipe out the Lions lead completely.

Plus an opposing coach in Dan Campbell who thought 45 and 47 yd FG's were beyond the capability of an NFL kicker. Meanwhile Niners/Chiefs kickers booming it through from 10+ yards further out last night.

you live by the luck, you die by the luck

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:20 am 

Caller Bob wrote:

Yeah, because he won a Super Bowl. :lol:

Which you know, Purdy was like one play not having anything to do with him from also doing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Hussra wrote:
Niners also made the Super Bowl b/c a Lions dback had a 50 yard pass interception go through his hands, hit the defender in the face-mask and bounce directly into Aiyuk's hands to go from likely punting down multiple scores in the 2nd half to 1st and goal. And then immediately had a Lions rookie RB brain-fart the ball back to them in the red zone to wipe out the Lions lead completely.

Plus an opposing coach in Dan Campbell who thought 45 and 47 yd FG's were beyond the capability of an NFL kicker. Meanwhile Niners/Chiefs kickers booming it through from 10+ yards further out last night.

This. If Campbell weren’t such a meathead we’d be talking about how the Lions need an upgrade at QB.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Nardi wrote:
SF lost the game because of key penalties, a terrible play calling 3rd quarter, and a punt that hit a guy's leg.

That's all there is to it. Purdy did fine. Sure, he isn't generational, but there's only one of those every 25 years. Jackson can't beat him, Allen can't beat him, Burrow is still on the maybe list because he couldn't put up more than 20 points in the big one.

“Purdy did fine” is sort of the point.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:25 am 

Some team out there will talk themselves into overpaying for Purdy, like Vikings did with another product of Shanahan's system.

Or maybe teams will wise-up and realize signing Cousins/Purdy to big-ass contracts without bringing Shanahan/McDaniel/et al along isn't worth knee-capping your cap; better off trying your luck in the draft again.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:26 am 

Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Which you know, Purdy was like one play not having anything to do with him from also doing.

Stafford and Purdy are not even remarkably comparable players. You know this.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:27 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Purdy will get the opportunity to work on his craft for the first offseason in his career. Hearing fans and media members clamor Fields and hate on this kid is insane to me. This kid is better than any quarterback we've had.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Hussra wrote:

This. If Campbell weren’t such a meathead we’d be talking about how the Lions need an upgrade at QB.

And if a punt doesnt hit a blocker in the leg and a kicker getting an xp blocked we're talking SB win for the Niners .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:28 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nardi wrote:

100%

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:30 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I was always a big Stafford fan. You thought he was average until he won a Super Bowl.

Again, the fact that Purdy isn't as good as Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes doesn't mean he can't win a Super Bowl if paid at a reasonable rate.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:30 am 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Patrick Ewing did fine, Barkley did fine, Stockton and Malone did fine.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:31 am 

Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I was always a big Stafford fan. You thought he was average until he won a Super Bowl.

Again, the fact that Purdy isn't as good as Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes doesn't mean he can't win a Super Bowl if paid at a reasonable rate.

No, that was FavreFan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:36 am 

Nas wrote:
Purdy will get the opportunity to work on his craft for the first offseason in his career. Hearing fans and media members clamor Fields and hate on this kid is insane to me. This kid is better than any quarterback we've had.

There's a canyon-wide difference between saying a player is pretty good but an upgrade is needed to make a team into a potential dynasty and hating on a player.
Purdy's pretty good. But great > pretty good.

Last edited by WestmontMike on Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:37 am 
100000 CLUB

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Hussra wrote:

Every quartgets breaks and has things out of their control go against them. Why are so many of you hellbent on focusing on Pirdy's breaks?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:45 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Hussra wrote:

And if a punt doesnt hit a blocker in the leg and a kicker getting an xp blocked we're talking SB win for the Niners .

Yes, takes more than a bit of luck to make and win Super Bowls. Tom Brady got unlucky lost Super Bowls (Tyree helmet catch) and got lucky and won Super Bowls (Seahawks deciding to have Russ hero-ball it into the end zone instead of going beast mode).

As every Patriot fans knows, luck = preparation + favorable officiating + slightly deflated balls + spying on the other team pre-game.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:30 am 

Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Hussra wrote:

Every quartgets breaks and has things out of their control go against them. Why are so many of you hellbent on focusing on Pirdy's breaks?

Eli Manning did fine.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:31 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

No, that was FavreFan

So I guess Stat Paddford was a term of endearment. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:12 pm 

Nas wrote:

would you trade the 1st overall for Purdy

Hurts?

Josh Allen?

Mahomes?

Burrow?

Herbert?

Stat Paddford?

Lamar?

Jake Browning?

Stroud?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hussra wrote:
Nas wrote:

would you trade the 1st overall for Purdy

Hurts?

Josh Allen?

Mahomes?

Burrow?

Herbert?

Stat Paddford?

Lamar?

Jake Browning?

Stroud?

At this point, I would only trade that pick for Mahomes and a healthy Burrow. I feel confident that Unbel13vable C-Will will be better than everyone else. I think there is a chance he could catch Mahomes and Burrow, but I'm not as confident.

My biggest concern with Unbel13vable is that he's going to be a fumbling machine if he doesn't stop holding the ball like it's a loaf of bread.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:24 pm 

Not Stroud? Only 1 year into his rookie deal.

If C-Will's better than Stroud, I don't think it'll be season 1. People gotta temper expectations for a rookie QB. Stroud's good-to-great but he was also going into a roster that had drafted early in every round for like 3 of the last 4 seasons. Any semi-competent GM's going roster a competitive AFC South team in that situation.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Hussra wrote:
Nas wrote:

would you trade the 1st overall for Purdy-no

Hurts-yes?

Josh Allen-yes

Mahomes-um yes

Burrow-yes

Herbert-yes

Stat Paddford-no, too old

Lamar-no?

Jake Browning-his g/f

Stroud-yes

Last edited by billypootons on Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:25 pm 

Unbel13vable might not even get #13 on the Bears, that's currently in the bad hands of Tyler Scott.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
Unbel13vable might not even get #13 on the Bears, that's currently in the bad hands of Tyler Scott.

If they can't work out a deal, you cut Scott the following day.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:31 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hussra wrote:
Not Stroud? Only 1 year into his rookie deal.

If C-Will's better than Stroud, I don't think it'll be season 1. People gotta temper expectations for a rookie QB. Stroud's good-to-great but he was also going into a roster that had drafted early in every round for like 3 of the last 4 seasons. Any semi-competent GM's going roster a competitive AFC South team in that situation.

I think Unbel13vable will be better than Stroud next season. I'm sure someone will bump these posts if I'm wrong, but I'm better than 50% confident in that opinion.

Edit: Stroud also played in a shit division.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:59 pm 

He will be better than Stroud by what metric or metrics?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
He will be better than Stroud by what metric or metrics?

Better overall stats and more wins.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next