It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fields vs Russ
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:20 pm 

If both are healthy, who ends up QB1 by end of year. Either way I think I am betting team total under on Steelers if it is 9 or higher.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

Post subject: Re: Fields vs Russ
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:26 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
They went 10-7 last year with Pickett, (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, and Rudolph. Wilson and Fields are better than that group. Also. they are paying Wilson and Fields less than $5mil, leaving $250mil to spend on the rest of the roster. I'll take the over.

Edit: damnit Brick :lol:

Last edited by Franky T on Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:27 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Franky T wrote:
They went 10-7 last year with Pickett, (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, and Rudolph. Wilson and Fields are better than that group. Also. they are paying Wilson and Fields less than $5mil, leaving $250mil to spend on the rest of the roster. I'll take the over.

Free agency is pretty much over.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Two late season wins against Jake browning and the bengals. One win against the Ravens backups.

Next year will be tougher.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:31 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Franky T wrote:
They went 10-7 last year with Pickett, (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, and Rudolph. Wilson and Fields are better than that group. Also. they are paying Wilson and Fields less than $5mil, leaving $250mil to spend on the rest of the roster. I'll take the over.

Wrong. Next you will tell me that NFL rosters are all set and there is no turnover from here on out.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:32 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Two late season wins against Jake browning and the bengals. One win against the Ravens backups.

Next year will be tougher.

Third place schedule.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:33 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Franky T wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Franky T wrote:
They went 10-7 last year with Pickett, (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, and Rudolph. Wilson and Fields are better than that group. Also. they are paying Wilson and Fields less than $5mil, leaving $250mil to spend on the rest of the roster. I'll take the over.

Wrong. Next you will tell me that NFL rosters are all set and there is no turnover from here on out.

What big time free agents do you see the Steelers signing in the coming weeks? Mike Williams?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:36 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Franky T wrote:
They went 10-7 last year with Pickett, (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, and Rudolph. Wilson and Fields are better than that group. Also. they are paying Wilson and Fields less than $5mil, leaving $250mil to spend on the rest of the roster. I'll take the over.

What big time free agents do you see the Steelers signing in the coming weeks? Mike Williams?

I hear Chase Claypool is available.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:41 pm 

When fields returns to Chicago, he's going to get a very warm welcome.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:24 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
So bizarre to see the Fields cult reassemble on Steelers social media, a good size combination of imports from Chicago and dumb local takes. It's as if Steelers fans think it's 2021 where Fields is all potential coming out of college, instead of 2024 where Fields is all bust after three severely below average years for an actual NFL team where he competed and failed against NFL defenses. Enjoy the self-sacks and the YouTube-worthy scrambles that are actually missed throws upon closer inspection (because your guy can't make reads). You should also know you're going to hear a lot about the line sucking or needing to get better if/when Fields starts to play. Hint: it's not the line that sucks.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:34 am 

Truth

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:39 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
There will be a lot of hype going into camp, then Tomlin will see the same 11-11 issues the Bears saw during last season's camp.

Smith is heavy on the run for an OC. Does that mean he convinces Tomlin to start Fields and execute a lot of designed runs?

I just can't see them unlocking Fields. Maybe Fields starts a handful of games?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:41 am 

There's no unlocking Fields - he's already unlocked.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:27 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I was never a Fields believer, I thought his ceiling was slightly better than Winston.. that said, he's a slow learner..he's improved slightly every year..I'd expect him to be a bit better this season if he get the starts. He's worth more than a 6th, I'd have kept him if that's all you get get. I think Williams will suck.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:28 am 

I'd expect any competent OC to instruct Fields to run more when the D is playing man coverage .

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:44 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
veganfan21 wrote:
So bizarre to see the Fields cult reassemble on Steelers social media, a good size combination of imports from Chicago and dumb local takes. It's as if Steelers fans think it's 2021 where Fields is all potential coming out of college, instead of 2024 where Fields is all bust after three severely below average years for an actual NFL team where he competed and failed against NFL defenses. Enjoy the self-sacks and the YouTube-worthy scrambles that are actually missed throws upon closer inspection (because your guy can't make reads). You should also know you're going to hear a lot about the line sucking or needing to get better if/when Fields starts to play. Hint: it's not the line that sucks.

Now he gets to play against ( if he sees the field at all ) the Ravens and Browns D twice a year " OMG , ALL qb's look bad against those defenses !!

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:54 am 

312player wrote:
I was never a Fields believer, I thought his ceiling was slightly better than Winston.. that said, he's a slow learner..he's improved slightly every year..I'd expect him to be a bit better this season if he get the starts. He's worth more than a 6th, I'd have kept him if that's all you get get. I think Williams will suck.

These are cult talking points, dude. Come with facts. His sack rate remained elevated across all three years even while his teammate QBs - playing behind the same line - were not nearly sacked as much as Fields was. QBR improved in 2022 over 2021 but then fell in 2023. Fourth q and other situational stats remained horrible across all years. This is not improvement.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:16 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
veganfan21 wrote:
So bizarre to see the Fields cult reassemble on Steelers social media, a good size combination of imports from Chicago and dumb local takes.

Remember this is the guy who had to “ endure” bad takes from meatball Sox fans on the postgame show

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:37 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
veganfan21 wrote:
312player wrote:

These are cult talking points, dude. Come with facts. His sack rate remained elevated across all three years even while his teammate QBs - playing behind the same line - were not nearly sacked as much as Fields was. QBR improved in 2022 over 2021 but then fell in 2023. Fourth q and other situational stats remained horrible across all years. This is not improvement.

In fact, his stats in key moments of close games actually plummeted this past season. Several analysts with experience in the game have commented that the only reason his numbers were better in 2022 was because the team was so bad and so often behind, defenses dropped into zone and didn't care much about his arm. The Dallas game was a good example. Cowboys could have scored every possession and were up something like 30+ at one point.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:56 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
conns7901 wrote:
If both are healthy, who ends up QB1 by end of year. Either way I think I am betting team total under on Steelers if it is 9 or higher.

8.5 on Bet Rivers right now.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:59 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
veganfan21 wrote:

Truth

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:19 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
312player wrote:

I didn't say the guy was good, I agree he holds on too long to that ball. There's a way to use this guy more efficiently.. who give a fuck if he gets hurt..he should be running for 1400 yards. Throwing for 3k

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:14 pm 

Imagine that, 312 having more miserable thoughts.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:48 am 

i think justin is so nice that nobody wants to tell him hes bad