It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 10:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Do you think Ditka is a good analyst?
He has been stealing money for years! 92%  92%  [ 24 ]
Don't blaspheme! He's brilliant. 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 26
 Post subject: Da Coach
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:53 pm 

I'm interested in what others think of Ditka's analysis skills or his football knowledge all together. I can't believe people pay him for his thoughts. When he was asked on the Mike Tirico for his thoughts on Grossman demotion, his comments included "Is this a good move? I don't know. Is this justified? I don't know, but it would have been done quicker in New York or Phili."

Great insight coach. Later he declared that "that kid Gonzalez" on Indy is probably the best slot receiver Peyton has had. His 5 catches for 88 yards on the year must have really impressed da coach. So much so that da coach has forgotten about Brandon Stokely who Manning said during this preseason was the best slot receiver in the league.

He is the most ill prepared analyst I've ever seen in sports. Your thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:58 pm 

Stealin'.

He's probably basing his Gonzalez comments on his performance last week. He made a few really good catches. He'll be better than Stokely, but he's not there yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

He’s terrible.

I can deal w/ him on the national shows, but I really wish our local stations would stop bringing him in. Waddle & Silvy are much better without him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Mike Ditka has no football insight. He goes whichever way the wind is blowing. I'm still trying to figure out why there are still meaball fans who worship him.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:10 pm 

Quote:
I can deal w/ him on the national shows

He has ruined ESPN Countdown for me (along with Emmitt Smith). I wish it was just Tom Jackson, Steve Young and Chris Mortenson. Actually, I wouldn't mind Michael Irvin back either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Baracco's
My comments on the matter are amalgamated in my board moniker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

IMO, the Countdown show died a while back, long before Ditka. I used to love that show, but it lost its bite a long time ago. Now, I spend my Sunday mornings scouring the net for news. I really can’t stomach any of the pre-game shows anymore. Why do they, not just ESPN but FOX & CBS as well, insist on cramming so many guys into the studio? Two guys with thoughts are better than six guys with no thoughts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:21 pm 

Da Coach knows more about wine, cigars and restaurants than he does about football. I don't really like to rip a guy if he can get paid to essentially do nothing but show up...we'd all do it if we could. But now that he's starting to complain about how ESPN and whoever else is treating him ... well, it's open season on the orange-skinned one. Try some of my new KickAss Orange

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:59 pm 

The man enjoys his carrots. Who am I to interfere?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

He is the only coach to lead the Bears to a Super Bowl victory...........
perhaps you blasphemers should remember that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:26 pm 

Ungotz wrote:
He is the only coach to lead the Bears to a Super Bowl victory...........
perhaps you blasphemers should remember that.

The question is "do you think Ditka is a good analyst?". Coaching a team to a SuperBowl victory 21 years and 8 months ago has nothing to do with being an analyst today. He doesn't even try to be good

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Baracco's
Can someone dig up that picture where he's readjusting his jewelry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:38 pm 

Spinnin' Bucket wrote:
IMO, the Countdown show died a while back, long before Ditka. I used to love that show, but it lost its bite a long time ago. Now, I spend my Sunday mornings scouring the net for news. I really can’t stomach any of the pre-game shows anymore. Why do they, not just ESPN but FOX & CBS as well, insist on cramming so many guys into the studio? Two guys with thoughts are better than six guys with no thoughts.

And why do they have to put 4 guys on that tiny fake football field and pretend to run a play while they're in their suits? That always kills me with how stupid it looks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Spinnin' Bucket wrote:

From a Sports Guy mailbag. I dont know how true it is, but it makes sense

Q: Can you tell me why it is necessary for all the networks to have like 12-20 people on their pregame shows? Brent, Jimmy, Irv, and Phyllis were all we needed back in the day. I feel like NBC needs to take a census of who is in their studio each week.
-- Dan, Greenville, S.C.

SG: It's an interesting answer for two reasons. First, NBC could have done a show with Costas, Cris Collinsworth and the Token Former Player Who Has Nothing Interesting To Say And Just Does A Lot Of Laughing and everyone would have been happy as long as the show was built around Collinsworth (who's great). But here's where my time-proven Job Justification Conundrum comes in. You know how everyone always wonders why networks make so many bad decisions and ignore common sense so often? Well, the problem is every network has too many executives, and when you have a lot of executives, you have a lot of meetings, and if you have a lot of meetings, those same executives feel obligated to come up with ideas for those meetings just because they don't want the head boss to say, "Gee, that was weird, Bob didn't come up with a single idea in today's meeting."

That leads to people feeling obligated to throw out bad ideas because a bad idea is better than not having ideas at all. And there are times when everyone in the room talks themselves into a bad idea -- mainly because they couldn't think of any other ideas -- and once the bad idea springs into motion, everyone starts working on it and eventually talks themselves into the idea. Again, this never would have happened if one of the execs didn't feel obligated to justify his job by coming up with an idea he didn't like. And that's how situations like "Let's do a pregame show with six people when everyone just wants to see highlights and would be fine with Costas, Collinsworth and the Token Former Player Who Has Nothing Interesting To Say And Just Does A Lot Of Laughing" end up happening.

Second, when people have a ton of money to spend, and it's not their money, they're always going to end up spending it ... even if they're spending that money like a drunken sailor at a strip joint. You could call this the J.D. Drew Corollary because that's what Theo Epstein did last winter. The Red Sox had money to spend, but the logical move would have been to hand right field to Wily Mo Pena for two or three months and see if he could handle it, and if he couldn't, either trade for a big-name outfielder (of the Bobby Abreu/Jermaine Dye class) or a veteran stopgap (of the Kenny Lofton/Dave Dellucci class) or hope Jacoby Ellsbury had progressed enough in the minors to step in. Considering they valued Pena highly enough to trade Bronson Arroyo for him, and they had Ellsbury rated as highly as Dustin Pedroia, this seemed like a logical course of action. Instead, they splurged on J.D. Drew. Why? Because they had the money to spend. It was burning a hole in their collective pocket. So they made a $70 million black-or-white roulette wager on Drew, killed Pena's confidence to the point they had to give him away, and now Ellsbury is thriving and we're facing a situation in which Drew might sit for him in the playoffs. Fantastic.

Here's the point: When networks and sports teams have money to spend, they spend it. NBC gets the Sunday night games, they're excited about it, the head of the company says, "Pull out all the stops, let's have a great night of TV, money is no object!" And that's what leads to a six-man pregame show and a wildly expensive Madden-Michaels team when they could have hired Marv and Boomer for one-third of the price. .

[/i]

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:46 pm 

Coach Crapowski wrote:
Can someone dig up that picture where he's readjusting his jewelry.

http://score670.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=14552&start=0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

Fuck analysis, do you guys really need "expert" analysis? Ditka is entertainment. He is old school. He never was a big X's and O's type of coach. Who the fuck on this board needs an analyst to watch a goddamn football game? He gets hired by all of these media outlets because he is entertaining, a hall of famer, and just enough of a lose cannon to leave one wondering what he will do or say next.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:26 am 

Ditka makes the best pork chop in the city.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:54 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Ungotz wrote:
Fuck analysis, do you guys really need "expert" analysis? Ditka is entertainment. He is old school. He never was a big X's and O's type of coach. Who the fuck on this board needs an analyst to watch a goddamn football game? He gets hired by all of these media outlets because he is entertaining, a hall of famer, and just enough of a lose cannon to leave one wondering what he will do or say next.

Ditka hasn't been entertaining for about 12 years. He's a bitter old guy who has gone to the sportscasters school to say "This could be good, this could be bad, ony time will tell." (And yes, I typed "ony" the way he pronounces it.) They poke him with a stick once in a while to get a grunt out of him and it is seldom compelling. Loose cannon? The ony thing loose on this guy are his bowels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
OakBrookJoe wrote:
Quote:
I can deal w/ him on the national shows

He has ruined ESPN Countdown for me (along with Emmitt Smith). I wish it was just Tom Jackson, Steve Young and Chris Mortenson. Actually, I wouldn't mind Michael Irvin back either.

I disagree. Countdown was ruined by Michael Irvin and his clone Kewshawn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:36 am 

I have heard that Ditka's has great lobster bisque soup as well...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:42 am 

hootmon wrote:
Ungotz wrote:

Ditka hasn't been entertaining for about 12 years. He's a bitter old guy who has gone to the sportscasters school to say "This could be good, this could be bad, ony time will tell." (And yes, I typed "ony" the way he pronounces it.) They poke him with a stick once in a while to get a grunt out of him and it is seldom compelling. Loose cannon? The ony thing loose on this guy are his bowels.

Thank you Hoot. I think that was necessary.

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:40 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Wow this poll is producing Finferian results...

Hey Kid, Hootmon had another "jem" in the North thread about 13-18 yr olds trying out for his show...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:48 am 

spmack wrote:
Wow this poll is producing Finferian results...

please don't use that term...it sickens me. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:54 am 

spmack wrote:
Hey Kid, Hootmon had another "jem" in the North thread about 13-18 yr olds trying out for his show...

Yeah, I saw that one. If he keeps it up, Hoot might surpass Happy Hour Jason as my CSFMB 2007 Rookie of the Year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
What about Favre Fan? The complaining Rookie of the year?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

feces smearing rookie of the year?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:51 pm 

Favre Fan is good too. Apparently I'm the only guy here who actually enjoys a lot of his posts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

Actually, my comment wasn’t really about like or dislike, just about excessiveness. 75 posts an hour is a bit much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Kid that signature is awesome :lol:

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:03 pm 

Quote:
75 posts an hour is a bit much.

He's on pace to pass Nas by next December. :lol: