It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 545 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:01 pm 

look at how many points they scored on the road. i don't know how anyone can not see what i'm seeing. they got pantsed by the rams on the road, then they put up 30+ points at home, and can only put up 13 on the road the next week. i believe they're averaging about 17 or 18 points of offense on the road *all year*. not to mention they are 0-5 on the road historically, and 0-3 under payton in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:00 am 

W_Z wrote:
look at how many points they scored on the road. i don't know how anyone can not see what i'm seeing. they got pantsed by the rams on the road, then they put up 30+ points at home, and can only put up 13 on the road the next week. i believe they're averaging about 17 or 18 points of offense on the road *all year*. not to mention they are 0-5 on the road historically, and 0-3 under payton in the playoffs.

Shaddup!

I'm prepared to go full meatball damnit!

:)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:03 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I like Brees against the Eagles but the season is over after that.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:06 am 

Nas wrote:

BigFan, please delete this damned Shleprock's post. :lol:

We don't have a damn thing to do with Rex Grossman and don't want to be aligned with his boosters.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:17 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:

BigFan, please delete this damned Shleprock's post. :lol:

We don't have a damn thing to do with Rex Grossman and don't want to be aligned with his boosters.

:lol: :lol: I figured you would like my prediction.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:50 pm 

the 0-2 start is more than daunting. as BRick said, the team is garbage and their season is over. But this defensive "captain", Junior Galette (who has promise as being decent, but is by no means a captain...except captain of the bad beard brigade) sums up why this team is garbage and why they don't deserve to be considered elite.

Quote:
We're a great team. I don't care what anybody says about us. We're a great team. We know what we've got. We know who we are.
So we're not discouraged at all. We made progress from last week. We keep making progress. We have to finish.

But you're not finishing. You have no idea what you are.

The problem with this team isn't the "missed tackles" or blown coverage or Mr. Pick Six...it's all because they have an overinflated sense of self. they have had this attitude for years now, and Payton is at the helm of that. Nowhere in the articles I read did he point the finger at himself. It's always a surprise that they lose these games to them. They can't believe they are this team...but they are.

Vaccaro had similar sentiments:

Quote:
"We're frustrated but at the same time, I felt everyone was playing really hard, getting to the ball," he said. "I felt like everybody tackled better, there were hardly any missed tackles. I don't know man. I'm still optimistic. You can't get down. We've still got 14 games to go. We'll get it fixed and get ready for the Vikings. ... I think guys are down, but we played well. We'll get it fixed.

So they'll win a home game against the Vikings, a bad team that they're playing at home against, and all is well! Yeah right. This team is at best 8-8 and probably going to finish 7-9 if they keep talking like this. I'm tired of the roses thrown at Payton's feet for being this mastermind offensive coach, compared to belichick, etc...he's not even close. he's a trick-shot coach who gambles and abandons the run like a deadbeat dad leaving their toddler in a hot car all day. when things don't go their way, they're not "exposed", they're incredulous. they can't believe it happened. well...it's reality, guys.

you're just not that good.

what the patriots did today is what great teams do. that's what the saints should've done to the browns today. you want to silence the critics, then win.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:20 pm 

this team sucks. 20 to fucking 9...and if it weren't for that roughing penalty on that 3rd down sack, i doubt the saints would've even won the game. pitiful. they'll be lucky to go 7 and 9 at this rate. i do not understand why they can't get a decent consistent defense for more than 1 season.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:59 am 

W_Z wrote:
i do not understand why they can't get a decent consistent defense for more than 1 season.

Maybe if they offered their defense an incentive to try harder against their opponent. That would work.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:01 pm 

:lol: Wow, down by 24 to the Cowboys at the half

What has happened to this team?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
They can't win on the road. Like at all.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:31 pm 

It just gets worse

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:16 pm 

i checked out emotionally early this year, this surprises me not one bit. except now i'll take back the 7-9 record prediction. like i said, this is all due to their inflated sense of self. now at least they can't pat themselves on the back for anything at all. it would've been better had they not put up any points at all. but the fact that this is on national television at least will perk up the ears in the front office finally.

at this point, even payton's job shouldn't be safe.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:57 am 

Congratulations on making the playoffs.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:12 am 

they've come back from the dead...just in time for halloween.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:53 pm 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2269 ... g-national

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:45 pm 

nice job fixing those mistakes last week, coaching staff. really made some progress.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:04 pm 

Still fired!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
No.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:38 am 

only in this day of scrap heap NFL play can we get trash talk between two below .500 teams *playing for a division title*.

Quote:
Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Roddy White had a one-liner ready when asked about reported comments by New Orleans Saints cornerback Keenan Lewis that the Falcons should be prepared for their funeral.

"May we rest in peace," White said with a laugh on a teleconference with New Orleans media on Wednesday. "I don't have a response to that because the game is played on Sunday at 12 o'clock. When the ball kicks off and we start to tingle, get it up and mix it around and mingle out there, we'll see who the better team is at the end of the game. That's all that's going to matter.
"There's no kind of motivation like, 'Oh they said this,' or 'We said that.' No, we know what it is. It's Saints-Falcons."

opening the door wide open for falcons trolling on the NOLA TP website! BREW DAT!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:39 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
W_Z wrote:
only in this day of scrap heap NFL play can we get trash talk between two below .500 teams *playing for a division title*.

Quote:
Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Roddy White had a one-liner ready when asked about reported comments by New Orleans Saints cornerback Keenan Lewis that the Falcons should be prepared for their funeral.

"May we rest in peace," White said with a laugh on a teleconference with New Orleans media on Wednesday. "I don't have a response to that because the game is played on Sunday at 12 o'clock. When the ball kicks off and we start to tingle, get it up and mix it around and mingle out there, we'll see who the better team is at the end of the game. That's all that's going to matter.
"There's no kind of motivation like, 'Oh they said this,' or 'We said that.' No, we know what it is. It's Saints-Falcons."

opening the door wide open for falcons trolling on the NOLA TP website! BREW DAT!

Dont ruin our complaining with your sub .500 complaints. Not even in the Bears league of bad, as last week demonstrated

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:56 am 

your team is in the wrong division. they'd still be alive in the NFC South...and you'd better believe Beardown would be all about that, at the very least.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:26 am 

Sean Payton wrote:
It's not a head scratcher. It's not. It's pretty clear. I don't really look at it like it's puzzling. The things you need to do to play consistently and win in this league, we haven't done those consistently. We have done it at times, and yet not consistently enough. There is...a standard. And this is something that we haven't been up to this year.

Uh, coach? You're talking into your wallet.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
W_Z wrote:

Quote:

I thought the trash talking was actually a breath of fresh air. I'm so sick of the mandated midweek media sessions where each team's coaches and players speak admiringly about the upcoming opponent. It reached ridiculous levels when Peyton Manning called the Jags a "dangerous" team or some bullshit like that. So it was funny to hear the Saints tell the Falcons to be ready for their funeral, and then when the Saints lost and the player doing the talking ended up missing the second half because he was getting IV fluids, it was great to hear the Falcons give it right back to them.

"I don't understand how (No.) 28 is going to talk (smack) to the media before the game and he didn't even want to be out there," Douglas roared as he came through the tunnel. "He quit in the middle of the game!"

A short time later, as he left the stadium, Douglas reiterated his message, which surely reflects the bad blood that has simmered over time between the Falcons and Saints.

"I'm a firm believer in the idea that if you are going to talk junk, back it up," Douglas told USA TODAY Sports. "Or at least be out there the whole game."

Then, as if speaking to Lewis, Douglas added, "You didn't show up to the funeral.

"To your own funeral, actually."

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:30 pm 

W_Z wrote:
This team is at best 8-8 and probably going to finish 7-9 if they keep talking like this.

The only thing I didn't get right was that 7 wins could've won the damn division. Oh, and 3 picks Brees? Way to finish the year.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:57 pm 

Great article on the state of the team. Woman writing on team, nails it. Doesn't always have to be about men, even when it's about men.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/10/07/nfl-2015-season-saints-drew-brees-sean-payton-future

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:06 am 

too little, too late, sean.

http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/2015/11/24/Sean-Payton-shakes-Saints-up-during-bye-week/7241448344520/

the loss to the eagles should've sent ryan packing. it makes the atlanta win sickening. not only are the falcons paper tigers, but the team didn't build on that win at all. they kept saying "this is like the katrina game" or whatever. that team went 10-6 and had a trip to an NFC title game. this team will be lucky to get out with 7 wins. and for once payton deserves double digit losses.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:24 pm 

in a post game interview when payton was asked about browner (who committed another like 8 penalties this game), he says "go write a blog". how about go win a game?

his time is over. this team is embarrassing him. he's got too much ego to be a part of this mess. close the book on him and see if you can get a little value for trading him. he can maybe surprise another city for a few years and nab another coach of the year before he winds up as an analyst for NBC or ESPN.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:01 pm 

this team doesn't deserve to be 7-9 but when they were 4-4 they were starting to get puffy chested. going 3-5 after that is pretty much exactly why this team is hard to root for. losing the way they did to the lions, the texans, and the eagles is just inexcusable. but people who don't follow the saints still call payton a good coach. this guy has some of their worst losses under his belt in the past 20 years.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
W_Z wrote:
this team doesn't deserve to be 7-9 but when they were 4-4 they were starting to get puffy chested. going 3-5 after that is pretty much exactly why this team is hard to root for. losing the way they did to the lions, the texans, and the eagles is just inexcusable. but people who don't follow the saints still call payton a good coach. this guy has some of their worst losses under his belt in the past 20 years.

Don't follow the Saints closely but I thought it was sort of understood anyway that the team is in decline, so bad losses and mediocre play is sort of expected, no?

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:23 pm 

you wouldn't know it from what they players think of themselves. brees believes this is a playoff team every year. i don't buy that, but to go from 11-5 and having a top 10 defense to the worst defense 2 years in a row, and not exactly losing major pieces (even supposedly upgrading at positions), is a decline that i don't think the brass expected.

their lopsided losses after being competitive are also an indication of payton's erratic coaching methods. you're on a roller coaster with him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 545 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next