It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 2:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 342 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fat Boy Eddie Lacey
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:09 pm 

The object of war is not for you to die for your country. The object of war is to get the other sorry son of a bitch to die for his.

you gain more ground by avoiding tacklers rouge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
RFDC wrote:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:16 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
All things being equal I'll be more than content to have Lacy running the ball for my team than Forte any day of the week. I'll take the lack of breaking 40 yard runs once in a while with consistently having zero YAC and being arm tackled .

It's a style thing my friend. It sounds like you like the bruising types of running backs. That's fine. However you can't dismiss what Forte does running the ball. He's not a breakaway runner either so there aren't a ton of long runs. He makes people miss and he's about as consistent as they come running the ball and catching the ball. While it isn't pretty he ends the season with over a 4 yards a carry average behind some awful run blocking offensive lines. He's an elite all around back.

I just don't know how you can think a back is so good when he can't be counted on to get tough yards in short yardage, break that first tackle in the backfield and bail out the o-line who missed the block once in awhile, and surge ahead or just drag the fucking guy the half yard you need. Hell its easy to run when nobody touches you for 5 yards . Maybe I don't give Forte enough credit for being the type of runner he is but he's far from an elite runner of the ball.

You don't like Forte's style. He wouldn't be in the top 3 or 5 every year if he wasn't an elite RB. He's the best all around back in the game IMO. I expect him to take a step back next season BUT it's possible he won't because he hasn't been a crash dummy like most of the other elite backs.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:18 pm 

To be honest I don't like any running back's style who can't break arm tackles or move a pile (hey hey) a bit when he has to. Other than that yeah, Matty boy is great.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
To be honest I don't like any running back's style who can't break arm tackles or move a pile (hey hey) a bit when he has to. Other than that yeah, Matty boy is great.

He breaks arm tackles. He just doesn't fight for every single yard like a lot of other backs. At the end of the day production is the most important thing. He's annually in the top 3-5 and he's NOT running behind great lines. In fact he's had to run behind below average run blockers his entire career. Considering that and his usage rate he has been a great RB. Easily the 3rd best in Bears history (counting Sayers) and he'll end his career with over 15000 rushing and receiving yards if he can stay relatively healthy for a couple more seasons.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Watching 22 sometimes is frustrating, as he does seem to get 'tackled' often with one hand or finger sometimes. Many times with open yards in front of him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:26 pm 

Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

He breaks arm tackles. He just doesn't fight for every single yard like a lot of other backs. At the end of the day production is the most important thing. He's annually in the top 3-5 and he's NOT running behind great lines. In fact he's had to run behind below average run blockers his entire career. Considering that and his usage rate he has been a great RB. Easily the 3rd best in Bears history (counting Sayers) and he'll end his career with over 15000 rushing and receiving yards if he can stay relatively healthy for a couple more seasons.
His style also doesn't make it look difficult. With Lacy, it looks like he is working hard even though he doesn't put up the production.

If what Forte did was easy, I think you'd see a lot more running backs looking as good as he does in terms of production.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:32 pm 

The truth is that Eddie Lacey had a fairly pedestrian season highlighted by bumslaying games. The Fox team of Buck and Aikman love to talk about the total number of yards he gained while forgetting the total number of attempts that he had. Yes the Packer running game gained MANY more yards this year. That is more because Mc Carthy simply finally devoted a greater percentage of his offense to the run. It doesn't mean it was particularly effective on a per play basis. However, there is tremendous value in simply balancing an offense a little more. None of this is attributable to Lacey, who had to be one of the least efficient backs in the league.

I don't hate Lacey. I think there have been some very reasonable assessments of him in this extended thread. I really dislike the misperception of him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:40 pm 

Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
All things being equal I'll be more than content to have Lacy running the ball for my team than Forte any day of the week. I'll take the lack of breaking 40 yard runs once in a while with consistently having zero YAC and being arm tackled .

It's a style thing my friend. It sounds like you like the bruising types of running backs. That's fine. However you can't dismiss what Forte does running the ball. He's not a breakaway runner either so there aren't a ton of long runs. He makes people miss and he's about as consistent as they come running the ball and catching the ball. While it isn't pretty he ends the season with over a 4 yards a carry average behind some awful run blocking offensive lines. He's an elite all around back.

I just don't know how you can think a back is so good when he can't be counted on to get tough yards in short yardage, break that first tackle in the backfield and bail out the o-line who missed the block once in awhile, and surge ahead or just drag the fucking guy the half yard you need. Hell its easy to run when nobody touches you for 5 yards . Maybe I don't give Forte enough credit for being the type of runner he is but he's far from an elite runner of the ball.

You don't like Forte's style. He wouldn't be in the top 3 or 5 every year if he wasn't an elite RB. He's the best all around back in the game IMO. I expect him to take a step back next season BUT it's possible he won't because he hasn't been a crash dummy like most of the other elite backs.

I was with you until sentence #3, I would argue and like my chances with McCoy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:17 pm 
100000 CLUB

Based on his production this year I couldn't agree with that choice. I would like to see him do it more though. Forte has been doing it his entire career with an awful line and a mediocre QB.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:40 pm 

Nas wrote:
Based on his production this year I couldn't agree with that choice. I would like to see him do it more though. Forte has been doing it his entire career with an awful line and a mediocre QB.

Well I can probably try and agree with you more on this than GD, we will never agree on this topic.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

That should be disagree instead of agree.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:46 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
No real solid evidence but this Lacey seems to me to be a bigger risk to eat or otherwise be done within three years than Forte.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:47 pm 

Nas wrote:

:lol:

I can't say that, it surprises me but you and I agree on a LOT more than I ever imagined we could. Even with your damn Bear glasses blocking the sun.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hawg Ass wrote:
Nas wrote:

I can't say that, it surprises me but you and I agree on a LOT more than I ever imagined we could. Even with your damn Bear glasses blocking the sun.

:lol: That's a good thing.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:52 pm 

Nas wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Nas wrote:

:lol: That's a good thing.

TBD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
pittmike wrote:
No real solid evidence but this Lacey seems to me to be a bigger risk to eat or otherwise be done within three years than Forte.

That's not the debate. He won't eat himself out of the league but he'll hopefully have a 3-4 year window. Good dolphin is arguing he's a replacement running back that was simply a function of his line. Pack fans are saying he's above average back. He'll rarely hit the home run but he'll grind the defense down to allow for play action. He is a threat for ripping off 8-12 yards. For two years the Packers lacked that threat or Starks has the threat but isn't healthy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:03 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Kirkwood wrote:
pittmike wrote:

That's not the debate. He won't eat himself out of the league but he'll hopefully have a 3-4 year window. Good dolphin is arguing he's a replacement running back that was simply a function of his line. Pack fans are saying he's above average back. He'll rarely hit the home run but he'll grind the defense down to allow for play action. He is a threat for ripping off 8-12 yards. For two years the Packers lacked that threat or Starks has the threat but isn't healthy

Well then I guess he is doing his job just fine but not all-pro.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:20 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
pittmike wrote:

But he really isn't grinding anyone down. Also no defensive coordinator is spending time game planning for him. I'd say he is a little better than average, like a Ben green Ellis. Five head buck would have you believe he is special

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:23 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Kirkwood wrote:
pittmike wrote:

He's the Packers Jay Cutler! Common ground!! :cheers:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:54 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
good dolphin wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
pittmike wrote:

But he really isn't grinding anyone down. Also no defensive coordinator is spending time game planning for him. I'd say he is a little better than average, like a Ben green Ellis. Five head buck would have you believe he is special

WSSP thinks they use him too much and he'll get burned out quick. They want more carries for Starks. I agree with them 100%.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:30 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
pittmike wrote:

WSSP thinks they use him too much and he'll get burned out quick. They want more carries for Starks. I agree with them 100%.

That's all well and good as long as Starks can stay healthy and on the field. He hasn't proven he can do that on a consistent basis.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:36 pm 

Congrats Fatty!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:05 pm 

Also, congrats Fatty on your first Pro-Bowl.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
More awards coming Eddie's way. :cheers:

New York - Packers RB Eddie Lacy has been named the Associated Press offensive rookie of the year.

Lacy ranked No. 1 in the league among rookies and No. 8 among all players with 1,178 rushing yards this season, despite missing one full game and nearly all of another due to a concussion.

He ranks No. 1 in franchise history for the most rushing yards by a rookiein a single season, No. 1 in attempts (284), and tied for No. 1 for most 100-yard rushing games by a rookie with four (John Brockington, four in 1971).

Here were the voting totals:

RB Eddie Lacy, Packers, 35
WR Keenan Allen, Chargers, 12
RB Giovani Bernard, Bengals, 1
OT Larry Warford, Lions, 1
WR, Cordarelle Patterson, Vikings 1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:29 am 

Keenan Allen was pretty obviously robbed but that happens when the other guy is on national TV every second week with Fivehead singing his praises.

There seems to be some disconnect in certain people's mind between number of carries and yards gained.

Throw the offensive rookies together in a draft today and Lacy is not the first pick nor is he the first RB.

The most interesting thing, out of all the OL taken in the first round, especially the first half of the first round, the only OL vote goes to a OG taken in the second.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:32 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Keenan Allen was pretty obviously robbed but that happens when the other guy is on national TV every second week with Fivehead singing his praises.

There seems to be some disconnect in certain people's mind between number of carries and yards gained.

Throw the offensive rookies together in a draft today and Lacy is not the first pick nor is he the first RB.

The most interesting thing, out of all the OL taken in the first round, especially the first half of the first round, the only OL vote goes to a OG taken in the second.

I think Allen was robbed too but Lacy is definitely the first RB taken if they redid the draft today.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:52 am 

Good job Fat Eddie, another deserving award.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:35 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 342 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next