It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2015 Scouting Combine
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:06 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Quote:
Day 1 Arrivals*: Group 1 (Kickers, Special Teams, Offensive Line), Group 2 (Offensive Line), Group 3 (Tight Ends)

Tues., Feb. 17 - Travel to Indianapolis* ~ Registration ~ Hospital Pre-Exam & X-rays ~ Orientation ~ Interviews
Wed., Feb. 18 - Measurements ~ Medical Examinations ~ Media ~ Interviews
Thur., Feb. 19 - NFLPA Meeting ~ Psychological Testing ~ PK/ST Workout ~ Bench Press ~ Interviews
Fri., Feb. 20 - On-field Workout (timing, stations, skill drills) ~ Departure from Indianapolis

Day 2 Arrivals*: Group 4 (Quarterbacks, Wide Receivers), Group 5 (Quarterbacks, Wide Receivers), Group 6 (Running Backs)

Wed., Feb. 18 - Travel to Indianapolis* ~ Registration ~ Hospital Pre-Exam & X-rays ~ Orientation ~ Interviews
Thur., Feb. 19 - Measurements ~ Medical Examinations ~ Media ~ Interviews
Fri., Feb. 20 - NFLPA Meeting ~ Psychological Testing ~ PK/ST Workout ~ Bench Press ~ Interviews
Sat., Feb. 21 - On-field Workout (timing, stations, skill drills) ~ Departure from Indianapolis

Day 3 Arrivals*: Group 7 (Defensive Line), Group 8 (Defensive Line), Group 9 (Linebackers)

Thurs., Feb. 19 - Travel to Indianapolis* ~ Registration ~ Hospital Pre-Exam & X-rays ~ Orientation ~ Interviews
Fri., Feb. 20 - Measurements ~ Medical Examinations ~ Media ~ Interviews
Sat., Feb. 21 - NFLPA Meeting ~ Psychological Testing ~ PK/ST Workout ~ Bench Press ~ Interviews
Sun., Feb. 22 - On-field Workout (timing, stations, skill drills) ~ Departure from Indianapolis

Day 4 Arrivals: Group 10 (Defensive Backs), Group 11 (Defensive Backs)
Fri., Feb. 20 - Travel to Indianapolis ~ Registration ~ Hospital Pre-Exam & X-rays ~ Orientation ~ Interviews
Sat., Feb. 21 - Measurements ~ Medical Examinations ~ Media ~ Interviews
Sun., Feb. 22 - NFLPA Meeting ~ Psychological Testing ~ PK/ST Workout ~ Bench Press ~ Interviews
Mon., Feb. 23 - On-field Workout (timing, stations, skill drills) ~ Departure from Indianapolis

This will be televised on NFL Network and draw larger ratings than the World Series. Interesting to see who'll post this year's Dontari Poe/Vernon Davis/Tavon Austin freak statistics and who'll post Vontaze Burfict/Andre Smith/T-Sizzle results.

The edge rusher competition should be great: Gregory, Ray, Fowler, Beasley, Dupree, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:04 am 

Quote:
The consensus opinion is that Iowa's Brandon Scherff should move to guard or right tackle in the NFL. That assessment was validated at the Combine, as Scherff checked in at 6-foot-5, 319-pounds with 33 3/8-inch arms. The arm length is the key number that indicates a move away from left tackle. There are some left tackles in the NFL who have similar length, but Scherff's arms are more in line with a guard.

Stanford left tackle Andrus Peat (6-7, 313) was identical to his listed numbers with the exception of being one pound heavier. Those are solid numbers for Peat, and his arms (34 3/8) illustrate that he has desired length to play left or right tackle.

Miami left tackle Ereck Flowers was 6-foot-6 and 329 pounds with longer arms (34.5). Those are good numbers that illustrate that he has the size and length to play left tackle in the NFL. He is a big blocker and his listed numbers were accurate to reality.

One of the standouts of the weigh-in was Florida State's Cameron Erving. At 6-foot-5, 313-pounds with 34 1/8-inch arms, Erving's size is versatile for any position on the offensive line. Erving would probably be best as a center, guard or right tackle.

There has been hype for months for South Carolina guard A.J. Cann. Sources with teams told us that Cann graded out as a third-rounder and was a poor-man's Larry Warford or Gabe Jackson. The weigh-in gave more proof of that. Cann (6-3, 313), with arms at 32 5/8 inches, is smaller than either Warford or Jackson.

Cann's teammate Corey Robinson (6-7, 324) showed off his massive size. Robinson also had long arms (35 5/8). He is a right tackle only, as he doesn't have the pass-protection skills for the left side and is too big to move inside to guard.

There are some teams that believe that Alabama guard Arie Kouandjio is the best guard in the draft. Kouandjio is a good athlete with some natural strength. At the weigh-in, he checked in at 6-foot-5, 310-pounds with long 34 1/8 inch arms. Kouandjio has the strength and athleticism to be a standout in the Combine field work. Don't be surprised if Kouandjio gets some momentum out of the Combine.

Both of the Oklahoma offensive tackles showed good size at the weigh-in. Left tackle Tyrus Thompson (6-5, 324) and right tackle Daryl Williams (6-5, 327) both have the size for tackle or guard in the NFL. Williams had 35-inch arms, the fourth-longest, and Thompson had 34 7/8-inch arms.

Florida left tackle D.J. Humphries had some issues adding weight during his collegiate career, but scouts say that he played around 290 last year. Humphries (6-5, 307) showed good progress at the weigh-in, although his arms were shorter than ideal (33 5/8). The medical check with Humphries will be critical to his draft stock as he had a lot of injuries during his time with the Gators.

Not including Erving, Oregon's Hroniss Grasu is in the running to be the first true center drafted. Grasu (6-3, 297) illustrated that he could use more weight on his frame for moving NFL defensive linemen.

Auburn center Reese Dismukes (6-3, 296) is in the same boat. Both players would benefit by adding 10 pounds of muscle for taking on heavy nose tackles.

The longest arms of any player belong to Florida's Trent Brown at 36 inches. Brown (6-8, 355) is a massive blocker, but he is a developmental project. That was clearly visible during the Senior Bowl when he had some issues in pass protection.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:10 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
At 6'6/329, 34 1/2" arms RT @Gil_Brandt: Miami OT Ereck Flowers had 37 reps on the bench press.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:14 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
OL bench press numbers:
Cann 26
La'El 21
Erving 30
Fisher 25
Flowers 37
Havenstein 16
Hickey 35
Humphries 26
Ogbuehi 23
Scherff 23

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Colts GM looking for 40 numbers and the most important. I do agree, its big play ability, makes a big difference. You get a team of speed, they cant catch you. Give me one guy that catches everything, everyone else I want running fast.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:57 am 

Quote:
The top back in the draft is Wisconsin's Melvin Gordon, and he checked in at 6-foot-1, 215 pounds with 9 3/4-inch hands. Those are excellent-size numbers for a speed back. Gordon has rare quickness and burst, yet has the size to be a workhorse back. Gordon has a rare skill set with his size and speed.

Georgia running back Todd Gurley is another back who passed the eyeball test. Gurley (6-1, 221) had 10-inch hands, and he won't work out at the Combine as he rehabs from his mid-season ACL tear. A source said that weighed more in the past, so it looks like he has dropped some weight during rehab. If Gurley had stayed healthy, he'd be in the discussion as a top-10 pick.

Alabama running back T.J. Yeldon (6-1, 226) was right in line with Gurley and Gordon. Yeldon's hands (9 inches) were a little smaller, and that could play a role in why Yeldon has fumble concerns, while Gurley and Gordon do not. Yeldon needs an impressive Combine to stand out in a crowded running back class.

Miami running back Duke Johnson (5-9, 207) is known as a speedy slasher, and it helped him to show up over 200 pounds. He had been listed below 200 entering his junior year when he added weight in the offseason to top two bills. Johnson has the speed to be a Combine standout in the 40.

Indiana running back Tevin Coleman (5-11, 206) was about as expected, but he has smaller hands (8 5/8). Coleman has a foot injury and won't work out at the Combine. His pro day will be important.

Boise State running back Jay Ajayi is a hot prospect who could end up rising even higher with an impressive Combine. Ajayi (6-0, 221) is thickly built with 10-inch hands. It wouldn't be surprising if Ajayi is one of the stars of the Combine, as he has a unique blend of size, speed, and athleticism.

South Carolina running back Mike Davis (5-9, 217) has become a bit of a forgotten man after his junior season wasn't as big as expected. Davis' hand size (9 3/8) is respectable. He is a physical, bruising back. Davis was a good collegiate receiver, but he needs to run well to show that he has some speed to him.

USC running back Buck Allen (6-0, 221) is another back who had a big 2014 season, but is having a hard time standing out in a talented running back class. Allen is put together well, and he needs a fast 40 time to get more teams to take notice of him.

Florida running back Matt Jones (6-2, 231) and Nebraska's Ameer Abdullah (5-9, 205) are different-style backs, as Jones is a downhill bruiser while Abdullah is a fast slasher. What they have in common is they tied for some of the smallest hands (8 5/8 inches) at the Combine. Abdullah could be a second-round pick, while the injury-plagued Jones needs to impress at the Combine to be a mid-rounder.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:53 am 

I didn't know Gordon was that big

I could see Ajayi being a guy someone like Seattle takes at the end of the first round. He was dominant and obviously has exceptional size. If he puts up a great 40 time he is a first rounder.

I love Yeldon and Gurley but I think they both fall based on durability. Both will be outstanding in my opinion

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:00 am 

good dolphin wrote:
I didn't know Gordon was that big

I could see Ajayi being a guy someone like Seattle takes at the end of the first round. He was dominant and obviously has exceptional size. If he puts up a great 40 time he is a first rounder.

I love Yeldon and Gurley but I think they both fall based on durability. Both will be outstanding in my opinion

Yeldon and Gurley remind me of Demarco Murray, great talents but can they stay on the field. This year Murray did.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:17 am 

I didn't think Gordon was that big either. Wisconsin listed him at 6'1"/210 which I figured meant 5'10" or 5'11"/200 or so.

Wisconsin needs to get their act together and start lying like everybody else - put the guy at 6'3"/225.

I like Yeldon and Gurley also. I think Yeldon falls more than Gurley. I did be stoked if the Bears could nab him with their early 4th round pick.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:20 am 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I didn't think Gordon was that big either. Wisconsin listed him at 6'1"/210 which I figured meant 5'10" or 5'11"/200 or so.

Wisconsin needs to get their act together and start lying like everybody else - put the guy at 6'3"/225.

I like Yeldon and Gurley also. I think Yeldon falls more than Gurley. I did be stoked if the Bears could nab him with their early 4th round pick.

What the hell am I hearing about the Big 10 wanting to not let Freshman play in football and basketball, that would be suicide and is the dumbest thing I have heard in a long time.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:22 am 

Anybody else watching big fat guys run the 40?

Apparently, they only care about how fast they run the 10. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:43 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Where can I find QB measurements?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:44 am 

Nas wrote:

:shock:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:44 am 

TJ Clemmings is ripped like a linebacker at 6'5"/310.

Looks like he has no body fat.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:45 am 

Are you ignoring my post above about the Big 10? :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:46 am 

Nas wrote:

EDIT - That first chart was wrong.

Last edited by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater on Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:47 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:

What the hell am I hearing about the Big 10 wanting to not let Freshman play in football and basketball, that would be suicide and is the dumbest thing I have heard in a long time.

Mully this morning said U of Maryland president said freshman constitute 19% of the student-athletes while accounting for 83% of academic infractions/ineligibility.

5-6 clock hour is best on the Score!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:47 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:

I haven't heard anything about it.

I just assumed you don't know what you're talking about.

So, I guess, yes, I'm ignoring it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:48 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:

I haven't heard anything about it.

I just assumed you don't know what you're talking about.

So, I guess, yes, I'm ignoring it.

:lol:

I am glad you assume I don't know what I am talking about, that warms my heart.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:49 am 
100000 CLUB

Winston is 6-3¼ and weighs 230 pounds. Mariota is the same height and a tad lighter at 222 pounds.

For the record, Florida State had Winston standing 6-4, 230 — he gained a pound! At Oregon, Mariota was listed as 6-4 and 219 pounds. 

The detailed scouting reports breaks them both down in essential areas, but here's how they compared on paper:

Arm length: Winston (32 inches); Mariota (32)

Hand size: Winston (9-3/8 inches); Mariota (9-7/8)

So, on paper, they are essentially the same. They aren't in the field alone, though.

— Baylor's Bryce Petty: 6-3, 230; Arms (31-7/8); Hands (10)

— UCLA's Brett Hundley: 6-3, 226; Arms (32-1/8); Hands (10-1/2)

— East Carolina's Shane Carden: 6-2, 218; Arms (33-1/4); Hands (9-1/4)

— SE Louisiana State's Bryan Bennett: 6-2, 211; Arms (31); Hands (9-1/2)

— Alabama's Blake Sims: 5-10, 218; Arms (31-1/2); Hands (9)

— Colorado State's Garrett Grayson: 6-2, 213; Arms (30); Hands (10)

— Auburn's Nick Marshall: 6-1, 207; Arms (32-1/2); Hands (9-1/4)

— Nevada's Cody Fajardo: 6-1, 223; Arms (31-3/8); Hands (9-1/2)

— Oregon State's Sean Mannion: 6-6, 229; Arms (33-1/2); Hands (9)

— Prairie View A&M's Jerry Lovelocke: 6-4, 248; Arms (34-1/4); Hands (10-1/2)

— Washington State's Connor Halliday: 6-3, 196; Arms (31-1/4); Hands (8-3/8)

— Duke's Anthony Boone: 6-0, 231; Arms (31-5/8); Hands (9-5/8)

— South Alabama's Brandon Bridge: 6-4, 229; Arms (34-1/4); Hands (9-1/4) 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:50 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

Mully this morning said U of Maryland president said freshman constitute 19% of the student-athletes while accounting for 83% of academic infractions/ineligibility.

Then they need to find a way to get their asses in class, to say they can't play is just stupid. Any why is just the Big 10 calling for this, dumb.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:52 am 
100000 CLUB

Doc how are our numbers off? Your list has my guy Petty listed at 6'1".

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:56 am 

Nas wrote:
Doc how are our numbers off? Your list has my guy Petty listed at 6'1".

Yeah, that first chart was wrong. I put up the correct one.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:57 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

Then they need to find a way to get their asses in class, to say they can't play is just stupid. Any why is just the Big 10 calling for this, dumb.

Big 10 has a modicum of standards unlike SEC where being able to recite the alphabet gains you entry into their institutions.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:57 am 

My guy has some good measurable. Plus he's 6'3". The ideal size for quarterbacks and starting pitchers.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:00 am 

Here's the guy. Look at those hands.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:01 am 

That is all well and good Kirkwood, but if they happened to follow thru with this by themselves they better have great academic programs, because their sports teams would really suck. And they whole we are smarter than everybody else makes me want to :puker: .

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:07 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
That is all well and good Kirkwood, but if they happened to follow thru with this by themselves they better have great academic programs, because their sports teams would really suck. And they whole we are smarter than everybody else makes me want to :puker: .

^
this is why they're implementing the rule :P

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:08 am 

Here's the guy. Look at those hands.

That is a large man, kind of Byron Leftwich size.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:08 am 

I don't know why the Big 10 is proposing the rule. I don't like it either. Just razzing ya.