It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
fwiw the beat writer for the Green Bay Newspaper rated their draft 28th out of 32.

I was OK with their 1st pick and liked the Jake Ryan (16 Candles Flashback) pick. The TE from UAB was worth a flyer. Otherwise I thought he reached on the others and there is no way they should have drafted a FB...regardless of his name.

Obviously if they nab a solid veteran ILB that's let go or 1 of the guys from last year steps up then the complaints are moot - But we've seen this movie before. They are too close to a SB to not be "all in" right now....particularly considering how quickly the window can slam shut.

By no means am I enthused with Ted's draft. You can technically say Ted drafted "win now" players with the 1st 4 picks likely slated for special teams at a minimum. And then you have Brett Hundley whose main purpose is to emulate Wilson/Kaepernick on the scout team QB.

I don't mind a FB with one of 3 7th rounders. If McCarthy/Rodgers insist on having a FB then you have one ready once Kuhn moves on. Ripkowski will need a lot time to learn the offense. He'll sit on the practice squad and season.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 8:41 am 

conns7901 wrote:
Quote:
TrackingFootball.com @TrckFootball
#NFLDraft2015 Total 224/256 players HS multi-sport (88%),162/256 HS track&field (63%), 124/256 HS basketball (48%), 25/256 HS baseball (10%)

Football, for the most part, is conveniently packaged into one semester. Track and Field is actually just mandated weight training for the football team in the spring semester. I would not read anything into those numbers, other than meatheads should try to be a little more well rounded in their teenage years.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 10:15 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
good dolphin wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Quote:
TrackingFootball.com @TrckFootball
#NFLDraft2015 Total 224/256 players HS multi-sport (88%),162/256 HS track&field (63%), 124/256 HS basketball (48%), 25/256 HS baseball (10%)

Football, for the most part, is conveniently packaged into one semester. Track and Field is actually just mandated weight training for the football team in the spring semester. I would not read anything into those numbers, other than meatheads should try to be a little more well rounded in their teenage years.

True at my son's school. His FB coaches are the track coaches.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 10:44 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Quote:
Tom SilversteinVerified account ‏@TomSilverstein

Have confirmed that Miami #Hurricanes CB Ladarius Gunter has signed with the #Packers. He's a 6-2 corner with experience at safety.

nice pick up as UDFA. he had a good Senior Bowl. surprised he went undrafted.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
DannyB wrote:
Saints got my guy Hau'oli Kikaha. I think he's going to wreak some havoc from day one. Yeah the Rams do seem to be loaded with puzzle pieces that don't fit but if they can come out strong and build some confidence, they could be tough. I like Foles as a stabilizing force.

Kikaha is starting and had 5 tackles and a forced fumble today. Not bad for a 3rd round pick. Quite a bit better than Fowler. Heh. Danny Shelton had a tackle and assist. We'll see how Beasley does tomorrow night.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:40 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Hussra wrote:
WR Tyler Lockett to Seahawks

I love that guy but it didn't make sense for the Bears after they took White.

For the record, for those of you whose name rhymes with "crass" (or is it "jazz"? I never did know), I get things right most of the time. Have faith.

I really wanted the Bears to get this guy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10