It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Andrew Luck
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 4:11 pm
Posts: 38545
Not too long ago it was thought he was going to be the next great QB in the league.

What has happened to this guy?

_________________
"He is a loathsome, offensive brute
--yet I can't look away."


FavreFan wrote:
RFDC: smart sports fan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Andrew Luck
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:51 pm
Posts: 6358
Location: Calumet City
pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
He has cable. :(

_________________
STU-GOTZ wrote:
Well Mac told me to to tell you to go FUCK YOURSELF!!! ..So now it's been said .. .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Andrew Luck
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 43972
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
His team is a mess, he is clearly playing hurt, and his coach and GM don't seem to know what they are doing. He has to share a lot of the blame, but I wouldn't make too much of this bad start. There's still only one QB I would rather have going forward.

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Andrew Luck
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:28 pm
Posts: 28980
Location: SW Burbs
FavreFan wrote:
There's still only one QB I would rather have going forward.

Hmmm.....
How much farther forward are we talking?
Rodgers for sure.
Brady for the next couple seasons.
Big Ben for the next couple seasons?
Carson Palmer for the next couple seasons?
Cam?
Matt Ryan?

If we are talking for the next decade, I'd probably take Luck.
Mariota?

edit: BTW, I agree. He's playing too hurt to be effective. Coach/GM/owner are a mess. O-Line sucks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Andrew Luck
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:19 pm
Posts: 354
Location: Depends
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Over rated! My story and sticking to it!


Last edited by IMissMyHair on Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Andrew Luck
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 43972
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
spanky wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
There's still only one QB I would rather have going forward.

Hmmm.....
How much farther forward are we talking?
Rodgers for sure.
Brady for the next couple seasons.
Big Ben for the next couple seasons?
Carson Palmer for the next couple seasons?
Cam?
Matt Ryan?

If we are talking for the next decade, I'd probably take Luck.
Mariota?

edit: BTW, I agree. He's playing too hurt to be effective. Coach/GM/owner are a mess. O-Line sucks.

Just in a general "Let;s re-draft the entire league for the fun of it" sense. Brady is the only other guy I would consider taking, because I think he still has 3-4 years left where he is a top 3 QB. No way am I considering taking Mariota, Matt Ryan, or Carson Palmer over him. He has significantly improved over his first three seasons, and I think that is far more indicative of his future performance than a handful of games to start a miserable season.

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Andrew Luck
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:05 am
Posts: 19886
Location: Cultural Mecca
pizza_Place: Marino's in Wood Dale / Gino's East
Rodgers
Newton
Dalton
Wilson
Stafford

In no order, but all ahead of Luck. That could easily change...but as of now that is whom I'd take.

_________________
Trade Schwarber.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Andrew Luck
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 4:11 pm
Posts: 38545
IMU wrote:
Rodgers
Newton
Dalton
Wilson
Stafford

In no order, but all ahead of Luck. That could easily change...but as of now that is whom I'd take.

Come on man, Dalton and Stafford??????

No and HELL no

_________________
"He is a loathsome, offensive brute
--yet I can't look away."


FavreFan wrote:
RFDC: smart sports fan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Andrew Luck
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 43972
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
IMU wrote:
Rodgers
Newton
Dalton
Wilson
Stafford

In no order, but all ahead of Luck. That could easily change...but as of now that is whom I'd take.

Stafford and Dalton?? :lol: :lol:

In what way have these dudes shown they are better than Andrew Luck over the past 2-3+ years?

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Andrew Luck
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:11 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:00 am
Posts: 42809
Location: Chicago Heights
pizza_Place: Aurelio's
RFDC wrote:
Not too long ago it was thought he was going to be the next great QB in the league.

What has happened to this guy?


I drafted him for my fantasy team.

_________________
We acknowledge that we are on the traditional territory of bigfan, slumlord, and denisdman.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Andrew Luck
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:05 am
Posts: 19886
Location: Cultural Mecca
pizza_Place: Marino's in Wood Dale / Gino's East
Statistics.

How good do you think Luck is?

Since 2012

Luck
85.5 Rating
97 TD
52 INT

Dalton
89.9 Rating
93 TD
55 INT

Stafford
83.5 Rating
83 TD
57 INT

_________________
Trade Schwarber.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Andrew Luck
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 43972
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
IMU wrote:
Statistics.

How good do you think Luck is?

Since 2012

Luck
85.5 Rating
97 TD
52 INT

Dalton
89.9 Rating
93 TD
55 INT

Stafford
83.5 Rating
83 TD
57 INT

What do those numbers look like if you say since 2013 and not since 2012?

I think Luck is very good. His statistical development so far isn't all that different from Peyton Manning's.

I would look at more than just two stats though, if you want to get a more clear picture of a QB. Andy Dalton turns into Blaine Gabbert when he's pressured. When he's untouched, he is awesome. I'd rather not have a QB where every single little thing needs to be perfect for him to be successful. How has that worked out in Chicago the past 5-6 years?

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Andrew Luck
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 4:29 pm
Posts: 22046
Location: pittsburgh
pizza_Place: giordanos
I don't care either way but Luck is in fact over loved.

_________________
OMG, she thought Monday Night Raw was on when it was Tuesday!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Andrew Luck
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:33 pm
Posts: 16486
Location: Chicago, Illinois
pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
RFDC wrote:
Not too long ago it was thought he was going to be the next great QB in the league.

What has happened to this guy?


Chuck Pagano and Pep Hamilton. Both will be gone and Luck will benefit when he no longer has to run Hamiltons pop gun offense.

_________________
CSFMB 2014 Nascar Pick 'em Champion

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Andrew Luck
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 4:29 pm
Posts: 22046
Location: pittsburgh
pizza_Place: giordanos
Scorehead wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Not too long ago it was thought he was going to be the next great QB in the league.

What has happened to this guy?


Chuck Pagano and Pep Hamilton. Both will be gone and Luck will benefit when he no longer has to run Hamiltons pop gun offense.


They said that kind of stuff about a certain Bears QB.

_________________
OMG, she thought Monday Night Raw was on when it was Tuesday!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Andrew Luck
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:05 pm
Posts: 48515
pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
He has cable. :(

:lol:

_________________
Seacrest wrote:
If presented with a fact(s) that I do not like, I'll tell myself it's false.


chaspoppcap wrote:
You seem to have a hard on for me and I probably desire it


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Andrew Luck
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Posts: 40992
Location: Chicago
pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
he threw picks last year....15 or 16....remember seeing the stats about how his picks helped lead to deficits, thus his offensive numbers are inflated.

It was a logical assumption he would take another step and get to that level of no more stupid throws. Well he went backwards...and the starts arent there for the comeback stats...making the whole thing look like a mess. Got a feeling Pep Hamilton loses out here.

_________________
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." Banky
“Been that way since one monkey looked at the sun and told the other monkey ‘He said for you to give me your fuckin’ share.’”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Andrew Luck
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:33 am
Posts: 6199
Location: Limbo
pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
bigfan wrote:
he threw picks last year....15 or 16....remember seeing the stats about how his picks helped lead to deficits, thus his offensive numbers are inflated.

Not to compare the two, but that reminds me of the Jake Plummer leads the league in 4th quarter comebacks" thing we'd always hear about. They always failed to mention that Jake's teams were trailing in the 4th mainly because of his play in the three previous quarters.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Andrew Luck
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 4:29 pm
Posts: 22046
Location: pittsburgh
pizza_Place: giordanos
Matches Malone wrote:
bigfan wrote:
he threw picks last year....15 or 16....remember seeing the stats about how his picks helped lead to deficits, thus his offensive numbers are inflated.

Not to compare the two, but that reminds me of the Jake Plummer leads the league in 4th quarter comebacks" thing we'd always hear about. They always failed to mention that Jake's teams were trailing in the 4th mainly because of his play in the three previous quarters.



Not a bad take. The problem with Luck is this. He may be great or average or whatever. Just like everything in sports these days for a variety of reasons everyone that shows you a glimpse the media and then fans assume greatness and build them up. They do not all make it. See: PLummer, Kapernick, RG3 et all.

_________________
OMG, she thought Monday Night Raw was on when it was Tuesday!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Andrew Luck
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 43972
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
pittmike wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
bigfan wrote:
he threw picks last year....15 or 16....remember seeing the stats about how his picks helped lead to deficits, thus his offensive numbers are inflated.

Not to compare the two, but that reminds me of the Jake Plummer leads the league in 4th quarter comebacks" thing we'd always hear about. They always failed to mention that Jake's teams were trailing in the 4th mainly because of his play in the three previous quarters.



Not a bad take. The problem with Luck is this. He may be great or average or whatever. Just like everything in sports these days for a variety of reasons everyone that shows you a glimpse the media and then fans assume greatness and build them up. They do not all make it. See: PLummer, Kapernick, RG3 et all.

Andrew Luck's career up til now does not resemble Plummer, Kaepernick, or RG3's at all. The closest historical comparison is Peyton Manning. Peyton Manning also had a poor rookie year, a great sophomore and 3rd year, and struggled in his 4th season. When people talk about Andrew Luck being great, this isn't 2012 anymore. They aren't projecting anything. He's shown he is a very good NFL QB, one of the best in the league.

_________________
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Andrew Luck
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 9416
Location: Ex-Naperville, Ex-Homewood, Now Tinley Park
pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
IMU wrote:
Statistics.

Luck
85.5 Rating
97 TD
52 INT

Stafford
83.5 Rating
83 TD
57 INT

Just to be clear, you are saying statistics validates you taking Stafford over Luck, and then you back your point by showing that Stafford has a worse QB rating then Luck, that Stafford throws fewer TDs and that Stafford throws more INTs.

_________________
"Parking is optional. Shitting is not." -- Crystal Lake Hoffy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Andrew Luck
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:05 am
Posts: 19886
Location: Cultural Mecca
pizza_Place: Marino's in Wood Dale / Gino's East
I was fair and only chose the years all 3 were in the league together. So that omits Stafford's 2 best years.

The 2012-2015 statistics are meant to display that there was absolutely no foundation to 'lol' at Dalton and Stafford over Luck. Any view of Luck being a really good QB is still heavily based on 'potential'...not real world results.

_________________
Trade Schwarber.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Andrew Luck
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:43 pm
Posts: 15040
pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Colts GM is a dope. Pep Hamilton is the OC. Luck is careless with the ball.

All while the guy in charge of the whole thing is silver-spooned pill-popping lunatic.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Andrew Luck
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 71650
Luck is still awesome. By the end of the year his numbers will look good.

_________________
Now I don't give a fuck if you
Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, goddammit
That don't mean shit to me
Fuck your ethnicity


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Andrew Luck
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:31 am 
Offline
1000 CLUB
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:17 pm
Posts: 60382
Location: Suburbs FTW!
pizza_Place: SWEET BABY RAY"S?
I think its great that IMU is an advanced metrics guy and then posts the traditional stats when its convenient for him to do so.

_________________
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
First off, the [2016 Cubs World Series] title was never a huge deal to me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Andrew Luck
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Posts: 40992
Location: Chicago
pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Luck is still awesome. By the end of the year his numbers will look good.

11 TD and 9 INT right now...

You have predicted a pretty impressive finish...

LAst year he was 40 and 16.....

Dont think he approaches the 40 and he surpsses the 16 INT...


Thus, no good of a year.

_________________
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." Banky
“Been that way since one monkey looked at the sun and told the other monkey ‘He said for you to give me your fuckin’ share.’”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Andrew Luck
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:05 am
Posts: 19886
Location: Cultural Mecca
pizza_Place: Marino's in Wood Dale / Gino's East
Frank Coztansa wrote:
I think its great that IMU is an advanced metrics guy and then posts the traditional stats when its convenient for him to do so.

I think it is great that someone of your limited skill in written communication can find gainful employment after two years of being out of the game.

However, what the hell is an 'advanced metric guy.' All metrics and statistics get lumped into the same category...metrics and statistics. Maybe them seem advanced to you as you're not sure how they're calculated.

_________________
Trade Schwarber.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Andrew Luck
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:58 am 
Offline
1000 CLUB
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:17 pm
Posts: 60382
Location: Suburbs FTW!
pizza_Place: SWEET BABY RAY"S?
Who was out of the game for two years? It certainly was not me.

_________________
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
First off, the [2016 Cubs World Series] title was never a huge deal to me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Andrew Luck
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 pm
Posts: 19705
No matter, pretty shitty of someone to rip on a person and there possible potential to get a job.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Andrew Luck
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 54627
Location: To the left of my post
Hawg Ass wrote:
No matter, pretty shitty of someone to rip on a person and there possible potential to get a job.
Yup. Lots of unfairness being thrown at Andrew Luck here.

_________________
You do not talk to me like that! I work too hard to deal with this stuff! I work too hard! I'm an important member of the CSFMB! I drive a Dodge Stratus!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ToxicMasculinity and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group