It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 3:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Carruth Fetus
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
This kind of an interesting story. Carruth is only 3 years from release if you can believe that.

The son of former Panthers wide receiver Rae Carruth turned 16 on Sunday. His story, as told by Scott Fowler of the Charlotte Observer, is a pretty incredible one.

Chancellor Lee Adams nearly wasn't ever born, with his mother killed in a drive-by shooting engineered by Carruth. But today his grandmother says he's "thriving."

“Chancellor is not just surviving,” Saundra Adams said. “He is thriving.”

Adams is now a high school student in Charlotte, battling cerebral palsy -- his mother, Cherica Adams, lost so much blood after being shot it caused permanent brain damage with Chancellor.

Chancellor wasn't supposed to ever walk or talk but fought his way to a life where he can move around with a walker and go up and down stairs by himself.

“He's able to feed himself some,” Adams said. “He's able to dress himself with minimal assistance. And the biggest thing is he's able to walk.”

After the murder of his mother -- who Chancellor calls "Mommy Angel" -- Saundra brought Chancellor home and has taken care of him for the past 16 years.

“I've never treated Chancellor like he's disabled,” Saundra said. “I treat him like he's ‘abled' differently.”

Chancellor, as fate and geography would have it, is a huge Panthers fan, routinely wears a Carolina hat and watches the team every week.

But the wildest revelation from the story? Saundra wants Chancellor to meet Carruth, who currently "works as a prison barber and makes a dollar a day."

Saundra says she forgave Carruth for his role in the murder of Cherica (Carruth never publicly admitted his role in the drive-by shooting) long ago and wants the two to meet, primarily because Chancellor could "touch Rae's heart" and "make him want to be truthful."

“The main reason I want Rae and Chancellor to one day have a relationship is because (Chancellor) is his son,” Adams says. “And that's why I chose early on that I would forgive Rae. Because I don't feel like I can offer unconditional love to Chancellor if I don't forgive Rae. That's his father. It's a part of him. Chancellor wouldn't be who he is without Rae. I want them to bond, or at least to meet again.

“Right now, Rae is still in denial about his part in Cherica's murder. Not that Chancellor would change that. But if anybody were to ever touch Rae's heart, to make him want to be truthful, I think it would be Chancellor.”

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... nthers-fan

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

Post subject: Re: The Carruth Fetus
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:42 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Wow, I always thought he was a lifer..that piece of shit doesn't deserve parole.

Post subject: Re: The Carruth Fetus
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
No...he doesn't, but that's our prison system.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.