It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 12:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Coldplay
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:13 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
btw,speaking of Richard Marx,that soft rock money pays off!!!

http://chicago.curbed.com/archives/2015 ... e-chop.php

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:18 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
jimmypasta wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
There can be only one answer to SB50 halftime:

Up With People opening for Donnie & Marie, Paul Revere and the Raiders, the Monkees, and The Captain and Tenille

With a cameo from 7th Heaven and The Voice Finalists. My wife said they should let the Dancing with the Stars people on the field to dance.

It would be great!

Fixed :D

Wow,you know me pretty well! :lol: :shock:

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:29 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
sinicalypse wrote:
didn't eno eventually go off and do some collabs with david "dadrock" byrne? hopefully the db experience did wonders for him like it did to CH's girl st vincent.

Eno produced the second, third, and fourth Talking Heads albums and then did two collaborations with Byrne. You would probably like My Life in the Bush of Ghosts, which anticipates a lot of later electronic music (or just sounds like Cabaret Voltaire, it's hit or miss). Everything That Happens Will Happen Today is kind of dull except for "Strange Overtones," which I like a lot.

As for ambient Eno, I like pretty much all of it except for Ambient 3, which I think is just a zither with heavy processing. I can take it for about 30 seconds. It's 49 minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Darkside wrote:
Halftime sounds like a good time to run out for a cigar.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:12 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Coldplay just might be the worst halftime show ever.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Curious Hair wrote:
Everything That Happens Will Happen Today is kind of dull except for "Strange Overtones," which I like a lot.

Strange Overtones is a good song that would fit in on Speaking in Tongues or Little Creatures.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:40 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Yeah, good call, it's a Speaking in Tongues track. "Pull Up the Roots" is a very underrated song on that album. Hot marimba action.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:40 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
The game is in NorCal. It should have been either Metallica or Green Day. Both are relevant to the area, are ridiculously successful and are old enough to be "safe". Green Day might be better for the format with shorter songs. I'm sorry but Coldplay fucking sucks.

The notion of the show having anything to do with the location died for me in XL, when, in a city with one of the richest legacies in American popular music,the old ass Rolling Stones were asked to perform.

Coldplay is a nice "safe" choice. Prince has been the only halftime act I've found entertaining, but then again, he's probably the only touring artist of his generation or earlier I'd be interested in paying exorbitant prices to see live.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
sinicalypse wrote:
didn't eno eventually go off and do some collabs with david "dadrock" byrne? hopefully the db experience did wonders for him like it did to CH's girl st vincent.

i never really had an idea that he was some sort of legendary record-producer tho.... growing up i knew him as the music for airports guy, aka some big deal in the world of ambient music (which is an oxymoron in my personal dictionary)

for what it's worth this is about as far as i could get with "ambient" music. yeah i know a beat comes in and that arguably ruins it.... but i need stuff to happen to juxtapose that post-ejaculatory oooh/ahhhh "oh my god the sky is full of stars" wankfestery.

Brian Eno collaborated with Talking Heads on their three best albums, More Songs, Fear of Music, and Remain in Light. He also was a major force in developing the sound of groundbreaking albums by Roxy Music, Genesis, Bowie, Laurie Anderson, and U2. Yeah, he's pretty much a genius.