It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Douchebag wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Damn, the Panthers' total 21 seasons have been better than the Bears' last 21 seasons:

Panthers: 166-169-1
Bears: 159-177

Panthers: seven playoff appearances, six division championships, four NFC championship games, two Super Bowl losses
Bears: four playoff appearances, four division championships, two NFC championship games, one Super Bowl loss

The Bears can't even outperform an expansion team no one really cares about. But I repeat: 1985 existed

You know I sort of take it with a grain of salt when dumbfucks like you who weren't even born in 85 constantly shit on that team but you have to be just a shade above Lil Danny on the loathing of local teams scale. Get over it .

Where does he shit on the 85 Bears? He made some great points, and I still think he's a terrible poster.

Clearly 2016-21=1985, everybody knows that ...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Its not that the Bears have just been bad my entire life, its that they've been completely noncompetitive about 80% of those seasons and the few seasons when they compete for/make the playoffs they're one of the worst teams in the dance. They waltzed through a horrible NFC once then got spanked in the big game. The most fun the Bears have been my entire life is either Devin Hester returning kicks or the time between the Jay Cutler trade and Jay Cutler actually playing.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:08 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I really loved that 2006 season. The next three years and the infamous press conference basically killed my Bears fandom. By the time Al Davis died, I realized my heart was truly with the motley fuckups of Raider Nation, despite not even liking football that much anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I know, it sucks. Halas died and everybody else in the family is a big idiot.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:11 pm 

Spaulding wrote:

The guy who threw Spada out of Soldier Field seems pretty bright.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:13 pm 

I would totally watch a documentary on the '96 Bulls, by the way. That was the best Chicago team in my lifetime, and a case where I watched it happen but had no clue about any of the inner workings (other than there were "the Jerrys" and everyone hated them).

Douchebag wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

The guy who threw Spada out of Soldier Field seems pretty bright.

FIVE-YEAR PLAYOFF DROUGHT NEAR TEAR

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:14 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
I really loved that 2006 season. The next three years and the infamous press conference basically killed my Bears fandom. By the time Al Davis died, I realized my heart was truly with the motley fuckups of Raider Nation, despite not even liking football that much anyway.

Good thing you love the Blackhawks and get so much joy from them.

America wrote:
Its not that the Bears have just been bad my entire life, its that they've been completely noncompetitive about 80% of those seasons and the few seasons when they compete for/make the playoffs they're one of the worst teams in the dance. They waltzed through a horrible NFC once then got spanked in the big game. The most fun the Bears have been my entire life is either Devin Hester returning kicks or the time between the Jay Cutler trade and Jay Cutler actually playing.

I can't argue with that. I almost can't believe the Bears have fans under 30 years old.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:16 pm 

Spaulding wrote:

:lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:17 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
I almost can't believe the Bears have fans under 30 years old.

I can see a grim future where Bears games become like Islanders games were in the last years of Nassau, where it's just old people glumly sitting around remembering how great the '80s were and youth is completely alienated.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:19 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
I have to wonder what Peyton got for making the comment after the game about drinking a bunch of Budweiser's to celebrate the win.

Quote:
Lisa Weser
‏@LisaWeser

Hi Internet. For the record, Budweiser did not pay Peyton Manning to mention Budweiser tonight. We were surprised and delighted that he did.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:24 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

I can see a grim future where Bears games become like Islanders games were in the last years of Nassau, where it's just old people glumly sitting around remembering how great the '80s were and youth is completely alienated.

Pretty strong fandom still. I don't know if people will realize it's not that great of a game anymore.

RFDC wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

:lol:

Ah, thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Curious how much a beer was at the Super Bowl? Of course you're not, but here's the answer anyway ...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
conns7901 wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
I have to wonder what Peyton got for making the comment after the game about drinking a bunch of Budweiser's to celebrate the win.

Quote:
Lisa Weser
‏@LisaWeser

Hi Internet. For the record, Budweiser did not pay Peyton Manning to mention Budweiser tonight. We were surprised and delighted that he did.

Riiiiiiiiiight

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:31 pm 

pizza_Place: nino's
RFDC wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Damn, the Panthers' total 21 seasons have been better than the Bears' last 21 seasons:

Panthers: seven playoff appearances, six division championships, four NFC championship games, two Super Bowl losses
Bears: four playoff appearances, four division championships, two NFC championship games, one Super Bowl loss

The Bears can't even outperform an expansion team no one really cares about. But I repeat: 1985 existed

You know I sort of take it with a grain of salt when dumbfucks like you who weren't even born in 85 constantly shit on that team but you have to be just a shade above Lil Danny on the loathing of local teams scale. Get over it .

Wow, CH being a fucking pathetic little whiney bitch? Who would have seen that coming?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
pittmike wrote:
I like west coast Super Bowls that start in daylight.

I said the same thing at kickoff. #Glorious

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Chus wrote:
pittmike wrote:
I like west coast Super Bowls that start in daylight.

I said the same thing at kickoff. #Glorious

Way better look than Wrestlemania 31 was

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:46 pm 

Pretty brutal game, especially QB wise. Didn't expect much from Manning, and he lived up to that. Cam was a pussy in the biggest moment, and just awful passing. It took all season, but he proved to be who I thought he was. He's not a great QB. He's ok, but still sucks as a passer.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:49 pm 

Media needs to quit talking to Manning. He's not going to retire tonight. He was a non factor all season, and really didn't earn this ring. I will always say Eli earned more rings then Peyton, sad but true.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:50 pm 

i like gritty defensive super bowl games so i was very satisfied, and glad the broncos won.

what was with the punt at the end of the game though if you're the panthers? the game's over if you don't make it but it's also over if you punt. at least go out with some gusto.

the commercials, though...i really wish they would stop with the hype shit. none of them were all that good. and i wouldn't care, except that they were so expensive and so "part of" the super bowl "experience". enough with it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:51 pm 

schmitty1121 wrote:
Pretty brutal game, especially QB wise. Didn't expect much from Manning, and he lived up to that. Cam was a pussy in the biggest moment, and just awful passing. It took all season, but he proved to be who I thought he was. He's not a great QB. He's ok, but still sucks as a passer.

All we heard about is how he matured and became a real leader. Anyone can look that way when they go 15-1. He's still the same guy. Can't wait til they go 7-9 next year once they play a real schedule.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
America wrote:
Manning shilling Budweiser as the last thing he does on a football field is a perfect summation of his career. He never compromised who he was.

He kept saying that he wanted to kiss his wife. He kissed Papa John first. Ghey.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:12 am 

Hockey Gay wrote:
schmitty1121 wrote:

All we heard about is how he matured and became a real leader. Anyone can look that way when they go 15-1. He's still the same guy. Can't wait til they go 7-9 next year once they play a real schedule.

Agree. He's the same guy and same player. He was a product of a bad division and had a decent defense behind him.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:23 am 

Curious Hair wrote:

Well, Carolina is the best franchise over that time period not to win a Super Bowl(besides maybe the Eagles), so you can basically take a list of the NFL franchises, subtract the 10 or so teams that won Super Bowls in that time period, and say that.

The Bears have been pretty horribly run and that continues today but it's not like it is a major shock that the Panthers have been better.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:27 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
America wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Quote:
Lisa Weser
‏@LisaWeser

Riiiiiiiiiight
Bud did not pay him directly but, Manning owns (or is part owner of) at least two Budweiser distributors.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:35 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
The Bears have been pretty horribly run and that continues today but it's not like it is a major shock that the Panthers have been better.

It's not a major shock that an expansion team has lapped most of the conference?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:46 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
It happens in sports. The Seahawks was just dreadful for years and now they are a powerhouse. The Packers were terrible from the early/mid 70s until Farve got there. The Marlins have two World Series titles since 1997, while the entire city of Chicago has one since 1909.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:50 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Hockey Gay wrote:
schmitty1121 wrote:

That front 4 of Denver made Brady-Belichick look awful too.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:09 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

It's not a major shock that an expansion team has lapped most of the conference?
Not really. Just like it isn't surprising that the Marlins and Diamondbacks did it. Even the Heat are only 7 years older than the Panthers. All those teams actually won titles too.

It's not like you have to build up for decades in professional sports. The game is setup to compete quickly.

You've still got the Jaguars and the Browns though!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:15 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
You've still got the Jaguars and the Browns though!

The Jaguars have more playoff appearances than the Bears since 1995 also.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
http://deadspin.com/gary-kubiak-was-act ... 1757718771

At least twice during the Super Bowl broadcast, Jim Nantz relayed an interesting fact to the audience: With Denver’s win, head coach Gary Kubiak—who backed up John Elway for nine seasons—became the first person to ever win the Super Bowl as a head coach for the same team he played for.

An interesting fact, but one that Nantz (or more likely, Nantz’s research assistant) got wrong. The first person to ever win the Super Bowl as a head coach for the same team he played for was Oakland Raiders legend Tom Flores. Flores quarterbacked the Raiders for six seasons, before coaching them to victory in Super Bowls XV and XVII.

Kubiak isn’t even the second coach to achieve the feat. Mike Ditka led the Chicago Bears and their famed 46 defense to a win in Super Bowl XX, twenty years after his stint as a Bears tight end. Coincidentally, both Flores’s and Ditka’s final season playing for the team they would eventually coach to Super Bowl victory was 1966, the season of Super Bowl I.

What Nantz might’ve meant to say is that Kubiak is the first head coach to win a Super Bowl with the same team he went to the Super Bowl with as a player, which is true. Kubiak was on the roster for the Broncos defeats in Super Bowls XXI, XXII, and XXIV, throwing seven passes total in those three games.

h/t Alan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next