It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:40 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
bigfan wrote:
that doesnt mean Peyton, His dad , UT arent wrong....

Which I believe is the point of the article. I'd also like to know why this story is just coming out.

And actually I am surprised. I'm cynical as hell but I always figured Manning to be a 100% football goober.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
bigfan wrote:
Run off for $300,000 with a long list of complaints.

Others calling her "Bumper", sex songs by the track team, numerous witnesses that she used foul language as well to be "one of the boys", guys barging in on her changing room.....

but Manning tea bagging her was the end of her career...when she got $300K! for being Mooned and or teabagged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fact is she has been paid 2 times, once from UT and once from Manning and in 2005 went to court again for more money!

Doesnt seem like she was RUN OFF anywhere.

U.S. District Judge Robert Sweet dismissed a claim against Karan and her company, Urban Zen, in the amended complaint brought by Florida resident Jamie Naughright. But the healer, Stephen Robbins, must face Naughright's claims of negligence, medical malpractice, battery and failure to obtain consent.

Speaking of designer Donna Karan, back in November, 2010 Jamie Ann Naughright claimed she suffered a “herniation of at least one cervical disc” and a “bilateral fracture of her mandibular joint” at the hands of therapist Stephen Robbins, who worked on her at Donna Karan’s apartment.

See a pattern yet???????????????????????????????????
wow. You're consistent at least.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:17 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Wow,BF,RFDC & me....NEAT!

My original sentence sums up this whole ugly mess.

To read this article would make it sound like Manning had this lady on a sex torture rack. This guy is really trying hard to make a boulder out of a pebble. It still doesn't make what Manning did right though!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:56 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Peyton going all "she's a bad girl with a dirty mouth" is some Southern Gothic villain shit.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

Bad girls with dirty mouths are the best. What the hell is Manning bitching about?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:23 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Peyton Manning as Max Cady is disturbingly easier than I had thought: https://youtu.be/oL_nBoVgdMI?t=169

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:40 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
jimmypasta wrote:
Wow,BF,RFDC & me....NEAT!

My original sentence sums up this whole ugly mess.

To read this article would make it sound like Manning had this lady on a sex torture rack. This guy is really trying hard to make a boulder out of a pebble. It still doesn't make what Manning did right though!

I stick to what I originally posted jimmy. You didn't read the entire article.

The majority of the article has little to do with the original harassment claim. And ruining someone's professional reputation with false accusations is hardly a pebble in someone's life.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I read the whole article. He teabagged a woman and then tried his best to ruin her career. Sounds like an asshole, but it takes more than that to move the meters in 2016.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Well read the article, we all came to a different conclusion ....

if you check many stories today on the web, many journalists also came to similar conclusions as many of us have....

Oh, those FACTS in the Lawsuit are called allegations written by her attorney.

Once again, tell me whats in the 3 pages of sealed documents, now you might have something.....because fact remains, SHE had to agree to have that information sealed...and the suit wasnt against Peyton, it was against UT. So, has to be some bad stuff in it for someone? Maybe Peyton and maybe that changes things, but from the info provided Judge JamesPasta's ruling of a Pebble stands.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:24 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
bigfan wrote:

if you check many stories today on the web, many journalists also came to similar conclusions as many of us have....

Once again, tell me whats in the 3 pages of sealed documents, now you might have something.....because fact remains, SHE had to agree to have that information sealed...and the suit wasnt against Peyton, it was against UT. So, has to be some bad stuff in it for someone? Maybe Peyton and maybe that changes things, but from the info provided Judge JamesPasta's ruling of a Pebble stands.

The more you post, the more I'm convinced that we didn't read the same article.
Sealing court documents is very common.
Manning broke that seal.
Manning broke it to make false accusations against her.
Manning's false accusations can only be corroborated by his daddy. NO ONE ELSE.
Manning's false accusations cost her a career in college athletics.

If jimmy thinks that costing someone their career is a pebble, so be it. I'm sure he wouldn't feel that way if it was done to him at the same age.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Beardown wrote:
Bad girls with dirty mouths are the best. What the hell is Manning bitching about?
"Get the fuck off of me" isn't really what they mean here.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Seacrest wrote:
bigfan wrote:

The more you post, the more I'm convinced that we didn't read the same article.
Sealing court documents is very common.
Manning broke that seal.
Manning broke it to make false accusations against her.
Manning's false accusations can only be corroborated by his daddy. NO ONE ELSE.
Manning's false accusations cost her a career in college athletics.

If jimmy thinks that costing someone their career is a pebble, so be it. I'm sure he wouldn't feel that way if it was done to him at the same age.
Manning also lost additional lawsuits after breaking the seal. But it's all on her. He's a great and respectable guy.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
ESPN has reported on this a few times, including just now, and I have no idea how they say Manning "placed his genitals on the trainer's face" without laughing. I'm not saying it's funny... it's just the phrase. And if you did laugh, your career would be over. Talk about pressure.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:15 am 

She was asking for it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:24 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Douchebag wrote:
She was asking for it.

Closed mouths don't get fed.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:56 am 

bigfan wrote:
Before she left, though, two staff members of the school, according to the documents, asked Naughright if she would consider blaming the entire incident not on Manning, but on another athlete — a black one. According to Naughright, the staff members (named as Mr. Wyant and Mr. Rollo), went so far as to actually name a specific black athlete she could blame it on. Of course, she refused (see pages 18-19).

Once again, another bad thing, that I will guess Archie was aware of...

I just cant go along with Peytons actions being called an "assault", no matter if the law calls it that because 'we need to take these things serious!!!!!"

...or the fact Peyton probably did call her a Bitch many times.

Am I suppossed to be surprised that in the early 90's at a major football school in Tennessee that a female wasnt treated correctly?

Would tell you what happened did so...EVERYWHERE in the early 90's....Guys in AD's calling females bitches....Happens today! But guys say it in assured privacy.

Thibs vibe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:31 am 

The writer is terrible at his job if he did not know about this until after the Super Bowl when a fool like me knew about it before.

It sure sounds like a jilted lover situation on Manning's part. His dad knows of her a little to well to just be an athletic trainer. Manning cared about her existence a little too much for her to just be a trainer.

Manning was a dick. I'd be more understanding as he was just a college punk at the time did he not follow it up with even more stupidity. However, without more of a pattern of behavior this isn't that big of a story for the general public.

The writer does have a lot of balls writing about other people's public image not meeting who they are privately.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:01 pm 

http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/peyton- ... ure.html/2

This is a pretty solid recap of it.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:22 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
FavreFan wrote:
http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/peyton-manning-controversy-shows-complexities-inconsistencies-of-modern-sports-media-and-culture.html/2

This is a pretty solid recap of it.

"There’s a reason why Adrian Peterson is still playing with the Minnesota Vikings and Ray Rice hasn’t found a job yet after their respective scandals. Only one of them averaged 3.1 yards per carry."

I hope Seacrest doesn't see this.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:27 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Yes, but did you read the article?

You complete threads

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:28 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
bigfan wrote:
that doesnt mean Peyton, His dad , UT arent wrong....

Which I believe is the point of the article. I'd also like to know why this story is just coming out.

And actually I am surprised. I'm cynical as hell but I always figured Manning to be a 100% football goober.

Hes a detestable low life who should be on death row

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:34 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Peyton going all "she's a bad girl with a dirty mouth" is some Southern Gothic villain shit.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:51 pm 

... It all came as a surprise to Greg Johnson, a former University of Tennessee football player and college roommate of Manning’s. He tells The MMQB he was also in the training room on Feb. 29, 1996, and saw what happened.

After the Daily News story broke, Johnson says he reached out to Manning expressing his willingness to talk to a reporter off the record. Now a law enforcement officer, Johnson says he was reticent to be identified because of his occasional role as an undercover investigator. After being put in touch with The MMQB through Manning’s representatives, Johnson agreed to talk for this story.

“I won't speak to my opinion of Ms. Naughright or of Peyton,” Johnson told The MMQB by phone. “I was in the training room fairly often. I don’t know why I was in there that day.”

Johnson, a senior linebacker and special teams player in 1996, says he entered the training room and saw Manning leaning with one elbow on a training table while Naughright, then an assistant trainer, examined his foot from behind.

“Saxon walks in, and Peyton was the kind of guy who had to be friendly with everyone; he wanted to include everyone, from his teammates to the cross country guy. He says hey to Saxon and pulls down the back of his shorts, and I saw one butt cheek, and then he pulled his pants up. And Jamie said something like, ‘Aw, you’re an ass.’ Then I left. Thought nothing of it.” ...

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/03/01/peyton-manning-jamie-naughright-1996-incident-greg-johnson-voicemail

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:55 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
... It all came as a surprise to Greg Johnson, a former University of Tennessee football player and college roommate of Manning’s. He tells The MMQB he was also in the training room on Feb. 29, 1996, and saw what happened.

After the Daily News story broke, Johnson says he reached out to Manning expressing his willingness to talk to a reporter off the record. Now a law enforcement officer, Johnson says he was reticent to be identified because of his occasional role as an undercover investigator. After being put in touch with The MMQB through Manning’s representatives, Johnson agreed to talk for this story.

“I won't speak to my opinion of Ms. Naughright or of Peyton,” Johnson told The MMQB by phone. “I was in the training room fairly often. I don’t know why I was in there that day.”

Johnson, a senior linebacker and special teams player in 1996, says he entered the training room and saw Manning leaning with one elbow on a training table while Naughright, then an assistant trainer, examined his foot from behind.

“Saxon walks in, and Peyton was the kind of guy who had to be friendly with everyone; he wanted to include everyone, from his teammates to the cross country guy. He says hey to Saxon and pulls down the back of his shorts, and I saw one butt cheek, and then he pulled his pants up. And Jamie said something like, ‘Aw, you’re an ass.’ Then I left. Thought nothing of it.” ...

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/03/01/peyton-manning-jamie-naughright-1996-incident-greg-johnson-voicemail

....unreal that this is a thing. The one butt cheek from 20 years ago scandal.

This is the kind of crap that takes away from females that are really sexually assaulted or harassed.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:57 am 

bigfan wrote:

This is the kind of crap that takes away from females that are really sexually assaulted or harassed.

So you're taking it as a given that she is lying about what happened and that Greg Johnson is telling the truth? I am curious as to why.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:05 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
The real point here is the Mannings were stupid. They paid her off and signed a confidentiality agreement. Which they broke for no reason, opening this crap up again.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:14 am 

Kadomony wrote:
bigfan wrote:

So you're taking it as a given that she is lying about what happened and that Greg Johnson is telling the truth? I am curious as to why.

I dont think anyone is lieing.

I think he pulled down his shorts and showed his ass as a joke...and that was done because that is how she conducted herself prior to it. Every comment, testimony, etc has her trying to be one of the guys, using profanity, etc. Happens in every AD...and probably happened much more in 1996 in Tenn.

I guess the fact she now has a history of sueing people, pairing up with famous people all in the name of $$$ doesnt play into the story here?

I can think of so many trainers (M and F) at Arizona and DePaul that hung around the AD's and gave Bball players shit all the time and the players gave it back to them. WELCOME TO A LOCKER ROOM!...Yes, I understand now its a "CRIME", but this was just fucking around just as probably 1000's of other college athletes did. This one was slated to be a 1st round NFL pick though!

Can I now go back and ask for money from T Greene for walking around without shorts in the hallway....?

Follow the money

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:40 am 

bigfan wrote:
I dont think anyone is lieing.
I think he pulled down his shorts and showed his ass as a joke...and that was done because that is how she conducted herself prior to it. Every comment, testimony, etc has her trying to be one of the guys, using profanity, etc. Happens in every AD...and probably happened much more in 1996 in Tenn.

This is the same line of argument that is used when blaming a rape victim for what she was wearing. Even if this is true, none of it justifies sexual harassment.
bigfan wrote:
I guess the fact she now has a history of sueing people, pairing up with famous people all in the name of $$$ doesnt play into the story here?

Yes. To me it indicates that she is willing to stand up for herself, unlike most who simply live with the humiliation because they can't handle the confrontation. I don't see why a history of seeking redress through the justice system indicates anything about a person's propensity for honesty.
bigfan wrote:
I can think of so many trainers (M and F) at Arizona and DePaul that hung around the AD's and gave Bball players shit all the time and the players gave it back to them. WELCOME TO A LOCKER ROOM!...Yes, I understand now its a "CRIME", but this was just fucking around just as probably 1000's of other college athletes did. This one was slated to be a 1st round NFL pick though!
It's not a crime. It's a civil infraction. It's only a civil infraction if the behavior is unwanted. Here she is claiming that it was and that she made it known.
bigfan wrote:
Can I now go back and ask for money from T Greene for walking around without shorts in the hallway....?

You can sue for harassment. If you testify truthfully as to whether the behavior was making your job uncomfortable and you made it known and your employer did nothing to alleviate the situation, you may win. However, given your cavalier attitude toward this case, I doubt you would win without false testimony, since it clearly doesn't bother you.
bigfan wrote:
Follow the money
In other words, if someone sues for anything whatsoever, they are lying to get money. Ok.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:56 am 

While it could be debated as to whether Bigfan may be over-generalizing the issue, what's more curious to me is your apparent dismissal out-of-hand that there's no possible way that she could be little more than a litigious money-grubber.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:35 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:

The author of this piece is the dude that beat up and robbed a cab driver here in Chicago a couple years ago. :lol:

To rock my soul