It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 2:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Harris gets extension
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
looks like the Mavs took care of business

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3017501

He is incredibly fast and has showed alot of potential, so this could easily be a bargain contract in two years, but he still has to show it at a full time level.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:05 pm 

The asking price for Ben Gordon just went up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:11 pm 

Ben Gordon was already priced at higher than 8 Mill a year. Alot of people I have heard in the media and this board have speculated it might be closer to 11-12 million/year.

They are different positions, and alot of it is based on potential, but I would probably rather have Harris at that contract than Ben at whatever his next contract is.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:30 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Ben Gordon was already priced at higher than 8 Mill a year. Alot of people I have heard in the media and this board have speculated it might be closer to 11-12 million/year.

They are different positions, and alot of it is based on potential, but I would probably rather have Harris at that contract than Ben at whatever his next contract is.

Are you kidding me? A player who basically has numbers like a backup point guard (10 and 4) and you'd rather have him than Ben Gordon even though the difference in salary is 3-4 M? I don't see the logic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:22 pm 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Are you kidding me? A player who basically has numbers like a backup point guard (10 and 4) and you'd rather have him than Ben Gordon even though the difference in salary is 3-4 M? I don't see the logic.

if you watched him play and didnt look at box scores you would understand the logic

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:24 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
if you watched him play

Could have told you that this was coming. That's your go to defense when anybody disagrees with you. You might want to work on something new.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:30 pm 

Bulldog Scott wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
if you watched him play

Could have told you that this was coming. That's your go to defense when anybody disagrees with you. You might want to work on something new.

OK I expct that from you, who clearly isnt watching games you are trying to comment on. Tell me how Harris did in the playoffs when they lost to the Heat in 06. Tell me how he has shown potential to burn any PG in the league in a fast break situation and how he has always showed potential he can be awesome. You look at players and see the box score, just as you didnt even watch 2-3 Titans games when you tried to criticize me for not remember 1 or 2 of then 9 I saw. The bottom line is you saying that comment makes me believe you look at his stats and not his impact on the game. If it's an insult to watch the games and then form an opinion, and then obviously tell when people arent watching the games, then so be it, but its still clear when thats the case. Tell me Devin Harris's weaknesses.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:43 pm 

Easy there, killer. Did you read my post? Tell me where I disagreed with you? I think Devin Harris is a pretty good player. He is fast as hell but needs to work on his jumper. His numbers don't necessarily dictate the type of player that he is. HOWEVER, Ben Gordon has to be licking his chops when he sees this deal because he DOES have a history of putting up decent numbers (at least, scoring numbers). I think that Ben will use this contract as a bargaining chip.
My main issue with you, FavreFan, is that you post on here like you're the only one watching the games. Just because Hawkeye Vince points to stats to make an argument that counters yours, doesn't mean that he doesn't watch the game.
And just because you watch a lot of sports doesn't make you an expert. My grandma watches every single Cubs game, Bulls Basketball game, DePaul basketball game, Northwestern Football game (that are televised). I don't think that makes her an expert.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:52 pm 

Bulldog Scott wrote:
Easy there, killer. Did you read my post? Tell me where I disagreed with you? I think Devin Harris is a pretty good player. He is fast as hell but needs to work on his jumper. His numbers don't necessarily dictate the type of player that he is. HOWEVER, Ben Gordon has to be licking his chops when he sees this deal because he DOES have a history of putting up decent numbers (at least, scoring numbers). I think that Ben will use this contract as a bargaining chip.
My main issue with you, FavreFan, is that you post on here like you're the only one watching the games. Just because Hawkeye Vince points to stats to make an argument that counters yours, doesn't mean that he doesn't watch the game.
And just because you watch a lot of sports doesn't make you an expert. My grandma watches every single Cubs game, Bulls Basketball game, DePaul basketball game, Northwestern Football game (that are televised). I don't think that makes her an expert.

I've watched enough of Devin harris to think he's best suited to be a 6th or 7th man in the league. He's not a big scorer, is a great defender but doesn't run a team all that great in my eyes. I see him as a poor man's Sam Cassell that's not a matador on D. Nothing wrong with that, just seems out of line at 8 M a year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:07 pm 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
Bulldog Scott wrote:

I've watched enough of Devin harris to think he's best suited to be a 6th or 7th man in the league. He's not a big scorer, is a great defender but doesn't run a team all that great in my eyes. I see him as a poor man's Sam Cassell that's not a matador on D. Nothing wrong with that, just seems out of line at 8 M a year.

I would not compare him to Casell at all. He is a distributor, but also one of the fastest PG's we have seen in the game in a long time. He has a good sense of court vision, but he is so much quicker than Cassell, and Casselll was always better on defense. My point in saying I would pay him that much is theres probablky not a starting PG in the league that can quite keep up with him speed wise.

I dont always act like that but if you are pointing to Harris's stats as some indication of how he is going to be, then imply that he is way worse than Ben Gordon, of course I am going to object to that as someone who has has seena lot of him. And as to the rest if your post I have noticed that over and over again you are just someone who likes to try to disagree and protest and contest evrything I post about by mocking me, when I just consider myself someone who watches alot of sports and can usually tell when someone isnt watching the game but just commenting on stats.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:17 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
Bulldog Scott wrote:

I would not compare him to Casell at all. He is a distributor, but also one of the fastest PG's we have seen in the game in a long time. He has a good sense of court vision, but he is so much quicker than Cassell, and Casselll was always better on defense. My point in saying I would pay him that much is theres probablky not a starting PG in the league that can quite keep up with him speed wise.

I dont always act like that but if you are pointing to Harris's stats as some indication of how he is going to be, then imply that he is way worse than Ben Gordon, of course I am going to object to that as someone who has has seena lot of him. And as to the rest if your post I have noticed that over and over again you are just someone who likes to try to disagree and protest and contest evrything I post about by mocking me, when I just consider myself someone who watches alot of sports and can usually tell when someone isnt watching the game but just commenting on stats.

If you feel I am attacking you, so be it. I am merely disagreeing with your point of view and if you can't handle that on a message board, I'm afraid you're in for a rough ride in life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:18 pm 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
Bulldog Scott wrote:

If you feel I am attacking you, so be it. I am merely disagreeing with your point of view and if you can't handle that on a message board, I'm afraid you're in for a rough ride in life.

I was referring to Bulldog Scott. It was obvious you were sticking to your sports analysis opinions and not attacking me personally.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:25 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
Bulldog Scott wrote:

I was referring to Bulldog Scott. It was obvious you were sticking to your sports analysis opinions and not attacking me personally.

Let's just all get together for a big group hug. You're alright in my book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:27 pm 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
Bulldog Scott wrote:

Let's just all get together for a big group hug. You're alright in my book.

[Stu Scott] 8) Cool as the other side of the pillow[/Stu Scott]

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:58 pm 

Sorry, not trying to be an ass but I get a little riled up when somebody who posts 12 times a day comes with the same shit every time somebody disagrees with him. It gets tired quickly.