It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1446 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 49  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:41 pm 

Nas wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Thibs is holding him back

Making him earn it. That's the old school way.

That's the way of a coach who doesn't have a clue about how to develop talent.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:55 pm 

Joel Embiid is decidedly better than Karl Anthony Towns

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
long time guy wrote:
Joel Embiid is decidedly better than Karl Anthony Towns

I agree he clearly is based on talent but longevity and consistency count too

Last edited by Bagels on Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:03 pm 

Nas wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Thibs is holding him back

Making him earn it. That's the old school way.

He deserves more than 13 minutes a game
He played well when Teague was injured

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Embiid is better when he is on the floor. KAT is good offensively but not great. And he is brutal defensively. Especially tonight against Embiid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
IMU wrote:
Embiid is better when he is on the floor. KAT is good offensively but not great. And he is brutal defensively. Especially tonight against Embiid

KAT is soft and lacks TWTW. If he had half of Noah's heart he would be the best player in the league. You can't coach that.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:18 pm 

Great 3 point play by Jones
And active hands on the other end

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:19 pm 

Nas wrote:
IMU wrote:

KAT is soft and lacks TWTW. If he had half of Noah's heart he would be the best player in the league. You can't coach that.

Very sadly I kind of agree with you

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:19 pm 

Taj with the muscle. Gotta do what you gotta do.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:53 pm 

BUTLER JUST WANG WHIPPIN OUT THERE

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:54 pm 

Top 3 player jimmy butler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
“3rd Option” Jimmy Butler just dominating

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:02 am 

FavreFan wrote:

30 shots for 30 points.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:03 am 

Dumb.

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

30 shots for 30 points.

50% shooting isn't good? Hot take.

Rough end here

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:05 am 

The talent on Philly's team is so much better. Remember when people thought it wasn't even open for discussion. There is no way this game should be in OT. they have played terrible.

Butler's clear out game is subpar also. Should have been able to get a clean look on Saric. Elite guys get better separation than that.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:00 am 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

30 shots for 30 points.

50% shooting isn't good? Hot take.

38 points on 33 shots is not a great game by any stretch of the imagination. That's what is known as a "volume scorer".

Embiid's stat line solid however.

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400975152

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:00 am 

You are coming out like a fucking idiot. I'd be able to find tens of Carmelo games like that, except with a worse shooting percentage and less points. His TS% was good last night. Deal with it.

One day you'll wake up and realize how foolish your NBA thoughts have been your entire life. You are inconsistent at best, and clueless at worst.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:05 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:52 am 

IMU wrote:
You are coming out like a fucking idiot. I'd be able to find tens of Carmelo games like that, except with a worse shooting percentage and less points. His TS% was good last night. Deal with it.

One day you'll wake up and realize how foolish your NBA thoughts have been your entire life. You are inconsistent at best, and clueless at worst.

You sound stupid as shit and probably need to stick to baseball. You don't know shit about basketball. He played a good game. It wasn't great. I knew more about basketball as a fucking 8 year old than you know as a full fledged adult.

Of the people that attempt to talk basketball you're are by the worst.

You do realize that Carmelo Anthony is a damn Hall of Famer don't you? Jimmy Butler isn't and I'd be willing to bet whatever price you set to venture that he won't be.

In fact I got money that says he won't be an All Star this year. You want to take that bet?

If Carmelo Anthony is slowing down at 33 or 34 years old that's what tend to happen with guys at that age. If you knew anything about sports you'd know that.

Your ramblings give us shit such as MCW, Lance, Tyrus Thomas is Bobby Portis.

You don't get a response because most just realize that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Pittmike and guys like Jorr seem like savants next to your know nothing ads. They don't even discuss basketball either.

To illustrate just how stupid You are about the game Carmelo Anthony's # 's in a down year and Butler's aren't really much different. Mind you he is the 3rd option on a team with the biggest chucker in the game. As I said before you need to stick to Baseball.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:51 am 

long time guy wrote:
You sound stupid as shit and probably need to stick to baseball. You don't know shit about basketball. He played a good game. It wasn't great. I knew more about basketball as a fucking 8 year old than you know as a full fledged adult.

No one called it a great game. FF pointed out he was dominating the 4th quarter. This was a fact. 14 points including back to back clutch threes. He also forced a couple of turnovers and had his usual rebounds and assists. All around player.

long time guy wrote:

Don't let your seething anger prevent you from typing all of the words of the sentence into the post.

long time guy wrote:
You do realize that Carmelo Anthony is a damn Hall of Famer don't you? Jimmy Butler isn't and I'd be willing to bet whatever price you set to venture that he won't be.

I realize that Carmelo Anthony and Jimmy Butler could have the same exact statistics in a game and you'd think Carmelo played amazingly and Jimmy Butler is a "third option." You'd think Jimmy Butler stole shots from teammates. You'd think he played "isoball." Even if he had more assists and less of a usage percentage than Carmelo. You are blind to actual performance. You see names...names you were either told were good or players you are a fan of, and then they can do no wrong and other players can do no right.

long time guy wrote:
In fact I got money that says he won't be an All Star this year. You want to take that bet?

I would make no bets regarding the ASG this year as the new format leaves too many questions. The captains might end up picking a large amount of teammates. If it were based on merit, I would take the bet in an instant. Jimmy Butler has been an All-Star for three consecutive seasons and he isn't slowing down.

long time guy wrote:
If Carmelo Anthony is slowing down at 33 or 34 years old that's what tend to happen with guys at that age. If you knew anything about sports you'd know that.

I was not discussing this year Carmelo or any specific year Carmelo. I excluded the last 5 years of his career, and pulled up games where he attempted 30 FGA or more. He has had many worse games when taking 30+ shots, and he has taken 30 shots about 50 times in his career it looks like. Not only that, and I haven't done the math yet, but the more shots he takes in a game, the worse his shooting percentage gets. If I were to take all of his 25+ FGA or 30+ FGA games, he'd be a 40% shooter. Maybe in the 30's. Go look yourself.

long time guy wrote:

MCW needs good coaching. Lance Stephenson plays 22 minutes a game for a 16-11 team and is their spark plug off the bench. I said he could be a good contributor on a playoff team and he is. No one ever called him a star. This is in your head. Tyrus Thomas and Bobby Portis have eerily similar stats through this point of their respective careers. Portis his a few more threes. Tyrus was better defensively. Both scored the same amount of points. (Technically, Tyrus scores 0.1 more PPG and in less minutes)

long time guy wrote:
You don't get a response because most just realize that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Who does not respond to me? I mean honestly, there are people on this board that go out specifically to watch NBA basketball with me. Now who doesn't know what they are talking about?

long time guy wrote:
Pittmike and guys like Jorr seem like savants next to your know nothing ads. They don't even discuss basketball either.

I like my ads!

long time guy wrote:
To illustrate just how stupid You are about the game Carmelo Anthony's # 's in a down year and Butler's aren't really much different. Mind you he is the 3rd option on a team with the biggest chucker in the game. As I said before you need to stick to Baseball.

Butler over Carmelo:

• 2 more PPG
• Much better FG%
• Better 3P and FT %s
• About 3x as many assists
• Way more steals (9th in the league)
• Less fouls
• 12th in the league in Real Plus-Minus
• 20.01 PER versus 14.67 PER (there are 113 players between the two)
• 4.6 Estimated Wins Added versus Carmelo's 1.3

Butler also has one of the best turnover to minutes played ratios in the league, for anyone that plays 30+ minutes a game.

In what world are they having similar seasons?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:51 am 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:02 am 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

No one called it a great game. FF pointed out he was dominating the 4th quarter. This was a fact. 14 points including back to back clutch threes. He also forced a couple of turnovers and had his usual rebounds and assists. All around player.

long time guy wrote:

Don't let your seething anger prevent you from typing all of the words of the sentence into the post.

long time guy wrote:

I realize that Carmelo Anthony and Jimmy Butler could have the same exact statistics in a game and you'd think Carmelo played amazingly and Jimmy Butler is a "third option." You'd think Jimmy Butler stole shots from teammates. You'd think he played "isoball." Even if he had more assists and less of a usage percentage than Carmelo. You are blind to actual performance. You see names...names you were either told were good or players you are a fan of, and then they can do no wrong and other players can do no right.

long time guy wrote:

I would make no bets regarding the ASG this year as the new format leaves too many questions. The captains might end up picking a large amount of teammates. If it were based on merit, I would take the bet in an instant. Jimmy Butler has been an All-Star for three consecutive seasons and he isn't slowing down.

long time guy wrote:

I was not discussing this year Carmelo or any specific year Carmelo. I excluded the last 5 years of his career, and pulled up games where he attempted 30 FGA or more. He has had many worse games when taking 30+ shots, and he has taken 30 shots about 50 times in his career it looks like. Not only that, and I haven't done the math yet, but the more shots he takes in a game, the worse his shooting percentage gets. If I were to take all of his 25+ FGA or 30+ FGA games, he'd be a 40% shooter. Maybe in the 30's. Go look yourself.

long time guy wrote:

MCW needs good coaching. Lance Stephenson plays 22 minutes a game for a 16-11 team and is their spark plug off the bench. I said he could be a good contributor on a playoff team and he is. No one ever called him a star. This is in your head. Tyrus Thomas and Bobby Portis have eerily similar stats through this point of their respective careers. Portis his a few more threes. Tyrus was better defensively. Both scored the same amount of points. (Technically, Tyrus scores 0.1 more PPG and in less minutes)

long time guy wrote:

Who does not respond to me? I mean honestly, there are people on this board that go out specifically to watch NBA basketball with me. Now who doesn't know what they are talking about?

long time guy wrote:

I like my ads!

long time guy wrote:

Butler over Carmelo:

• 2 more PPG
• Much better FG%
• Better 3P and FT %s
• About 3x as many assists
• Way more steals (9th in the league)
• Less fouls
• 12th in the league in Real Plus-Minus
• 20.01 PER versus 14.67 PER (there are 113 players between the two)
• 4.6 Estimated Wins Added versus Carmelo's 1.3

Butler also has one of the best turnover to minutes played ratios in the league, for anyone that plays 30+ minutes a game.

In what world are they having similar seasons?

So what he dominated the 4th quarter? He played good not great. He needed a lot of shots to get 38 points. That's not great and if Anthony had done something like that I would never post that.

If you think that MCW is "one good coach" away from being a good player then you're really an idiot. He has been on about 4 or 5 teams now and actually has played for "good coaches". So has Lance. They stink. If you knew about basketball you'd know that Kidd is a good coach and so is Doc. Steve Clifford is also a good coach. Brett Brown also. They stink. There isn't some unlocked talent which than needs to be tapped. They blow.

As far as Anthony and Butler goes Anthony is a Hall Of Famer. Nuff Said. If Butler gets in that Conversation then you have a conversation. He isn't.

As far as Carmelo Anthony goes I really haven't talked much about him this year and I posted the other day regarding him playing like shit. You don't know what you're talking about.

It dumb to keep the Butler vs Melo argument going. Butler is better at this point but snapshot years are not what makes a career. Again that is like saying Damian Lillard or John Wall are better than Chris Paul.

Anthony's best years as a pro murders Jimmy Butler's. That is why he is a Hall of Famer. He also has been the best player on better teams Jimmy Butler. He actually knows what it means to carry nothing teams. Butler doesn't

To say he is better right now than a guy now in his 15th year isn't something to celebrate. Using your logic Eric Gordon would be better than Dwayne Wade.

Anytime you seek to take a tally about who gets more right about this stuff me or you I'd be happy to roll. It wouldn't last long.

For the record I never countered what Farve said anything. He had a good stretch during the 4th quarter. So what? Redick had a good stretch too. Scored 13 in a row for Philly. That is nothing to tout. Guys have stretches like that in the NBA. That is why they are pros. I merely pointed out that his overall game wasn't all that great.

This "idiotic thoughts" stuff is for the birds frankly. Its should be obvious that I do something about basketball at this point.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:15 am 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:45 am 

You want to keep bringing up Carmelo in his 15th season and yet completely ignore than Butler is only in his 7th season (after essentially being redshirted in his first year) when discussing Hall of Fame credentials. Jimmy Butler has Hall of Fame potential.

This his a Hall of Fame career:

938 G, 19.6 PPG, 5.6 RPG, 4.4 APG, 43.5% FG, 74.6% FT, 47 eFG%, 22.1 PER, 97.3 WS

This is Jimmy Butler so far:

425 G, 15.8 PPG (21.5 last 4 years) , 4.9 RPG (5.8 last 4 years), 3.2 APG (4.6 last 4 years), 44.8% FG (45.7 last 4 years), 82.9% (84.6 last 4 years) FT, 48.6% eFG (49.3 last years), 19.4 PER, 52.3 WS

If Butler can keep his last 4 year pace for the next 4 years (Age 29-32 seasons) and not have his career cut short by injury, he would be a Hall of Famer.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:54 am 

IMU wrote:
You want to keep bringing up Carmelo in his 15th season and yet completely ignore than Butler is only in his 7th season (after essentially being redshirted in his first year) when discussing Hall of Fame credentials. Jimmy Butler has Hall of Fame potential.

This his a Hall of Fame career:

938 G, 19.6 PPG, 5.6 RPG, 4.4 APG, 43.5% FG, 74.6% FT, 47 eFG%, 22.1 PER, 97.3 WS

This is Jimmy Butler so far:

425 G, 15.8 PPG (21.5 last 4 years) , 4.9 RPG (5.8 last 4 years), 3.2 APG (4.6 last 4 years), 44.8% FG (45.7 last 4 years), 82.9% (84.6 last 4 years) FT, 48.6% eFG (49.3 last years), 19.4 PER, 52.3 WS

If Butler can keep his last 4 year pace for the next 4 years (Age 29-32 seasons) and not have his career cut short by injury, he would be a Hall of Famer.

No he won't. That's wishful thinking.

These are your previous thoughts on guys you thought Butler was better than.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=104350&hilit=demarcus+cousins

Let's have this discussion. As I said it won't take long.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:57 am 

After 2 years, you thought he wouldn't keep up his pace, and he has done it for 2 more. You said he wouldn't be an All-Star and he made it the last 3 years. You said he couldn't help the Wolves and they are the 4th seed in an even more stacked West.

I'm still waiting for you to introduce a valid point in order to start a discussion. I'm bringing information and you're bringing 'no lol he sux'

25 out of 30 NBA GM's take Jimmy Butler over Demarcus Cousins. Cousins is turning the ball over 5 TIMES PER GAME. Holy shiz.

Last edited by IMU on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:59 am 

IMU wrote:
After 2 years, you thought he wouldn't keep up his pace, and he has done it for 2 more. You said he wouldn't be an All-Star and he made it the last 3 years. You said he couldn't help the Wolves and they are the 4th seed in an even more stacked West.

I'm still waiting for you to introduce a valid point in order to start a discussion. I'm bringing information and you're bringing 'no lol he sux'

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=101044&p=2629929&hilit=demarcus+cousins#p2629881.

All you ever do is make excuses. Such as the one good coach thing. Anthony has his worse seasons playing for Derek Fisher and you never heard me use that as an excuse.

I also make definitive statements. There is no If he continues on this pace stuff. Either you think he is or he isn't. Carmelo Anthony was already a Hall of Famer when he was at the same stage.

It doesn't make sense to argue who the better career happens to be. Butler won't be in the league by year 15. I'm sure he won't be playing at a high level.

Anthony still does.

Last edited by long time guy on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:00 pm 

long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

http://www.chicagofanatics.com/viewtopi ... s#p2629881

THE VERY NEXT POST IN THE THREAD

IMU wrote:
Antetokounmpo is becoming a top player in the league. Kawhi is a top 5 player. Yes, it isn't unreasonable that they could one-up Jimmy Butler.

On December 30, 2006 Luol Deng outplayed Lebron James...going a very efficient 15 of 19 and helping cause Lebron to turn the ball over 5 times in a Bulls win.

Luol Deng is not better than Lebron James. Over their entire head to head career, LeBron James easily gets the best of that battle.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... =antetgi01

As Jimmy Butler has gotten the best of Giannis Antetokounmpo.

Can I ask what level of students do you teach? Or by working for the CPS system do you mean the cafeteria?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1446 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 49  Next