It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Lonzo: Year 1
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:15 pm
Posts: 7195
Location: CUBBIE ON THE BRAIN
pizza_Place: John's
If the regular season ended today, would the Clippers be in the postseason. I'll hang up and listen for your answer.

_________________
Frank Coztansa wrote:
sini's dick pics that aren't bad


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lonzo: Year 1
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 44596
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Caller Bob wrote:
If the regular season ended today, would the Clippers be in the postseason. I'll hang up and listen for your answer.

I said if Blake was healthy. Not my fault you can’t read worth a fuck.

_________________
Small wheel turn by the fire and rod
Big wheel turn by the grace of God
Every time that wheel turn 'round
Bound to cover just a little more ground


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lonzo: Year 1
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:15 pm
Posts: 7195
Location: CUBBIE ON THE BRAIN
pizza_Place: John's
They lost 9 in row when Blake played. They actually started winning shorty after he got hurt.
Image

_________________
Frank Coztansa wrote:
sini's dick pics that aren't bad


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lonzo: Year 1
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 44596
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Caller Bob wrote:
They lost 9 in row when Blake played. They actually started winning shorty after he got hurt.
Image

WRONG. As usual.

_________________
Small wheel turn by the fire and rod
Big wheel turn by the grace of God
Every time that wheel turn 'round
Bound to cover just a little more ground


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lonzo: Year 1
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 44596
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Hey Bob,

http://www.espn.com/nba/standings

8)

_________________
Small wheel turn by the fire and rod
Big wheel turn by the grace of God
Every time that wheel turn 'round
Bound to cover just a little more ground


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lonzo: Year 1
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:10 pm
Posts: 22772
pizza_Place: ......
:lol: but there would be a 3way tie , who has the tiebreaker ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lonzo: Year 1
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:36 pm
Posts: 10540
pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
No Lonzo so of course the Lakers lost. Winless without Lonzo in the lineup this season.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lonzo: Year 1
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:36 pm
Posts: 10540
pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Lakers now an impressive 0-8 with Lonzo out of the lineup.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lonzo: Year 1
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:05 am
Posts: 20059
Location: Cultural Mecca
pizza_Place: Pequod's / Marino's / Gino's East
Lonzo Ball softer than Derrick Rose. But instead of his brothers sabotaging his career it is his dad.

_________________
Trade Schwarber.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lonzo: Year 1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:36 pm
Posts: 10540
pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Lakers not just 0-8 without Lonzo, but getting beat by an average of 18pts during those games.


Just gonna put this chart here for everyone to enjoy...


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lonzo: Year 1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:05 am
Posts: 20059
Location: Cultural Mecca
pizza_Place: Pequod's / Marino's / Gino's East
Net rating coming from you? :lol: :lol:

_________________
Trade Schwarber.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lonzo: Year 1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:36 pm
Posts: 10540
pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
IMU wrote:
Net rating coming from you? :lol: :lol:


don't even know what net rating means, but saw this posted on a different site and people talking about it so figured I would put it here for you stats savants to enjoy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lonzo: Year 1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:02 pm
Posts: 9536
pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
shakes wrote:
IMU wrote:
Net rating coming from you? :lol: :lol:


don't even know what net rating means, but saw this posted on a different site and people talking about it so figured I would put it here for you stats savants to enjoy.



Strong backup for an argument.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lonzo: Year 1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:05 am
Posts: 20059
Location: Cultural Mecca
pizza_Place: Pequod's / Marino's / Gino's East
shakes wrote:
IMU wrote:
Net rating coming from you? :lol: :lol:


don't even know what net rating means, but saw this posted on a different site and people talking about it so figured I would put it here for you stats savants to enjoy.

It is +/-, but it is based on 'per 100 possessions' versus just being out on the court. So it ignores variances in playtime per game, essentially.

Ouch.

_________________
Trade Schwarber.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lonzo: Year 1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:36 pm
Posts: 10540
pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
so no different than any other +/- argument...sounds good to me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lonzo: Year 1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:36 pm
Posts: 10540
pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Big Chicagoan wrote:
shakes wrote:
IMU wrote:
Net rating coming from you? :lol: :lol:


don't even know what net rating means, but saw this posted on a different site and people talking about it so figured I would put it here for you stats savants to enjoy.



Strong backup for an argument.



0-8, getting beat by 18ppg. That's all the argument I need.


What's your argument? Exactly.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lonzo: Year 1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:05 am
Posts: 20059
Location: Cultural Mecca
pizza_Place: Pequod's / Marino's / Gino's East
You could at least put some effort in trying to walk it back.

_________________
Trade Schwarber.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lonzo: Year 1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:36 pm
Posts: 10540
pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
walk what back? Great stat, shows what the eye test shows, that Lonzo is the Lakers MVP.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lonzo: Year 1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:36 pm
Posts: 10540
pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Is the counter argument that the Lakers players do not get worse when Lonzo is off the court?

I'd love to hear any evidence that supports that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lonzo: Year 1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:02 pm
Posts: 9536
pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
shakes wrote:
Is the counter argument that the Lakers players do not get worse when Lonzo is off the court?

I'd love to hear any evidence that supports that.


No one is arguing that. The way you talk about him, you must think he's a top 10 player in the league.

He's been good. He may continue to be good. The problem for him, for the rest of his career, he will never be good enough to overcome his father and lame family. That's not his fault, but it is unfortunately his cross to bear. I don't expect him to be on the Lakers more than a couple of seasons unless he grows a pair of testicles and tells his family to stop riding his coattails. But, based on his personality, I don't think anyone expects that to happen.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lonzo: Year 1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 44596
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Big Chicagoan wrote:
shakes wrote:
Is the counter argument that the Lakers players do not get worse when Lonzo is off the court?

I'd love to hear any evidence that supports that.


No one is arguing that. The way you talk about him, you must think he's a top 10 player in the league.

He's been good. He may continue to be good. The problem for him, for the rest of his career, he will never be good enough to overcome his father and lame family. That's not his fault, but it is unfortunately his cross to bear. I don't expect him to be on the Lakers more than a couple of seasons unless he grows a pair of testicles and tells his family to stop riding his coattails. But, based on his personality, I don't think anyone expects that to happen.

If he’s good or great nobody is gonna care about his dad or family.

_________________
Small wheel turn by the fire and rod
Big wheel turn by the grace of God
Every time that wheel turn 'round
Bound to cover just a little more ground


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lonzo: Year 1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:02 pm
Posts: 9536
pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
FavreFan wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
shakes wrote:
Is the counter argument that the Lakers players do not get worse when Lonzo is off the court?

I'd love to hear any evidence that supports that.


No one is arguing that. The way you talk about him, you must think he's a top 10 player in the league.

He's been good. He may continue to be good. The problem for him, for the rest of his career, he will never be good enough to overcome his father and lame family. That's not his fault, but it is unfortunately his cross to bear. I don't expect him to be on the Lakers more than a couple of seasons unless he grows a pair of testicles and tells his family to stop riding his coattails. But, based on his personality, I don't think anyone expects that to happen.

If he’s good or great nobody is gonna care about his dad or family.


Wrong. Lakers cannot afford having his dad and family undermining the coaching staff, management, and/or teammates. Which has already happened, and will continue to happen x100 after the Lakers refuse to draft/sign his stupid brothers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lonzo: Year 1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 44596
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Big Chicagoan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
shakes wrote:
Is the counter argument that the Lakers players do not get worse when Lonzo is off the court?

I'd love to hear any evidence that supports that.


No one is arguing that. The way you talk about him, you must think he's a top 10 player in the league.

He's been good. He may continue to be good. The problem for him, for the rest of his career, he will never be good enough to overcome his father and lame family. That's not his fault, but it is unfortunately his cross to bear. I don't expect him to be on the Lakers more than a couple of seasons unless he grows a pair of testicles and tells his family to stop riding his coattails. But, based on his personality, I don't think anyone expects that to happen.

If he’s good or great nobody is gonna care about his dad or family.


Wrong.
Lakers cannot afford having his dad and family undermining the coaching staff, management, and/or teammates. Which has already happened, and will continue to happen x100 after the Lakers refuse to draft/sign his stupid brothers.

:lol: Ok.

_________________
Small wheel turn by the fire and rod
Big wheel turn by the grace of God
Every time that wheel turn 'round
Bound to cover just a little more ground


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lonzo: Year 1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:05 am
Posts: 20059
Location: Cultural Mecca
pizza_Place: Pequod's / Marino's / Gino's East
shakes wrote:
walk what back? Great stat, shows what the eye test shows, that Lonzo is the Lakers MVP.

You are not allowed to use a stat to your benefit that you've deemed as completely meaningless. LTG has also tried that a few times. Doesn't fly.

_________________
Trade Schwarber.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lonzo: Year 1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:10 am
Posts: 11814
Nothing remotely suggests that he is good or will be good in the near future. Of all the Rookies he has had by far the best setup. They handed the franchise over to him and he still looks shitty during most of the games that he participates. There are plenty of stats which suggests that he is a bum. He is doing such great things yet he isn't going to make first team all rookie. For a guy reputed to be such a great passer he only avg 7 assists per game. This while playing 34 minutes per game. Look at the numbers of guys like Paul and Irving when they were rookies and compare them to Ball. John Wall or any of the other elite guys. Their numbers dwarf his and there is no comparison when you factor in the eye test. He blows.


The Lakers are already positioning Ingram as the guy going forward and Ball isn't even the best rookie on his own team.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lonzo: Year 1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 44596
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:
He is doing such great things yet he isn't going to make first team all rookie.

Yes he is.

The rest of your post is nonsense as usual.

_________________
Small wheel turn by the fire and rod
Big wheel turn by the grace of God
Every time that wheel turn 'round
Bound to cover just a little more ground


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lonzo: Year 1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:10 am
Posts: 11814
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
He is doing such great things yet he isn't going to make first team all rookie.

Yes he is.

The rest of your post is nonsense as usual.


Do you want to place a bet on whether he makes first team all rookie?


I state facts. I'm sure I can find more people that agree with my "nonsense" regarding the great things that he is doing also.


Last edited by long time guy on Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lonzo: Year 1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 44596
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
He is doing such great things yet he isn't going to make first team all rookie.

Yes he is.

The rest of your post is nonsense as usual.


Do you want to place a bet on whether he makes first team all rookie?

Sure. $50 sound good?

_________________
Small wheel turn by the fire and rod
Big wheel turn by the grace of God
Every time that wheel turn 'round
Bound to cover just a little more ground


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lonzo: Year 1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:10 am
Posts: 11814
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
He is doing such great things yet he isn't going to make first team all rookie.

Yes he is.

The rest of your post is nonsense as usual.


Do you want to place a bet on whether he makes first team all rookie?

Sure. $50 sound good?


Works for me. I like winning your dough.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lonzo: Year 1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 44596
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Simmons and Donovon Mitchell are locks for the first team, obviously. My guess would be the other three would be Lonzo, Tatum, and Markkanen. Dennis Smith Jr is the only one who I could see taking the other guard spot over Lonzo, but I don't think he will. Don't think Kuzma can beat out Tatum or Markkanen for a first team spot either.

_________________
Small wheel turn by the fire and rod
Big wheel turn by the grace of God
Every time that wheel turn 'round
Bound to cover just a little more ground


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group