It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
IMU wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
George really should be on the team over Green this year. Green's in the team purely on reputation rather than how he's been playing. I think a good argument could be made for Paul over Klay as well, but at least Klay's been having a good season and Paul's missed so many games.

Draymond is having just as good of a season as last year, if not better.

If you had to remove one Warrior, it should be Thompson.

Disagree. Green's defense isn't as good as last year while Thompson has been having his most efficient season of his career.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
O/U 405

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:17 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Butler is 9th in the NBA in FTA per game, and was 2nd in the NBA in FTA per game in January, to Giannis.

Butler got to the line 9 times per game in January. And his FTA per game has gone up each month this season.

The report of his death was an exaggeration.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:31 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
IMU wrote:
Butler is 9th in the NBA in FTA per game, and was 2nd in the NBA in FTA per game in January, to Giannis.

Butler got to the line 9 times per game in January. And his FTA per game has gone up each month this season.

Once Nas stops predicting him to break down it will all be down hill. Luckily for Wolves fans Nas is one of the more stubborn men I’ve ever met.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:34 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
FavreFan wrote:
IMU wrote:

Once Nas stops predicting him to break down it will all be down hill. Luckily for Wolves fans Nas is one of the more stubborn men I’ve ever met.

Nas is the least stubborn posters on this board. Nas is right about not giving Butler a new long term deal.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
FavreFan wrote:
Interesting note I just read - first time since 2009 the Bulls haven’t had an All Star on the team. I guess it hasn’t been quite as bad as guys like vegan say the past 6-7 years.

The Hoiberg era has been miserable. Worse than the Del Negro era. Bad teams send guys to the ASG every year - not a good indicator.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:52 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Interesting note I just read - first time since 2009 the Bulls haven’t had an All Star on the team. I guess it hasn’t been quite as bad as guys like vegan say the past 6-7 years.

The Hoiberg era has been miserable. Worse than the Del Negro era. Bad teams send guys to the ASG every year - not a good indicator.

You wanted the Bulls to be bad this year and they are. It seems like you just like to complain.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:39 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

You wanted the Bulls to be bad this year and they are. It seems like you just like to complain.

When did I say i want them to be bad? Our difference is what makes for a meaningful season. You seem to be fine with basketball hell as long as there is a playoff run/appearance included. I am more or less firmly on the side of those who say "in it to win it."

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:41 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

When did I say i want them to be bad? Our difference is what makes for a meaningful season. You seem to be fine with basketball hell as long as there is a playoff run/appearance included. I am more or less firmly on the side of those who say "in it to win it."

Do I really need to find posts of yours saying you want them to lose as many games as possible? You’ve said this like a hundred times in the last year.

I’m not sure you know what basketball hell is.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:46 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Do I really need to find posts of yours saying you want them to lose as many games as possible? You’ve said this like a hundred times in the last year.

I’m not sure you know what basketball hell is.

I seriously think you might be confusing me with someone else. All is said is this season would be a disaster, which it is, but i also conceded that it was cool to see the development of some players. I think my take on this year was that I didn't care because GarPax doesn't have a vision to make this team competitive over the long-run. They need to go. Outside of the development of a few players, this is a lost year. I know exactly what basketball hell is. The Memphis Grizzlies of the past 6-7 years are a good example. I think you'd love to have that experience in Chicago. Am I wrong?

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:05 pm 

You’re wrong. I wouldn’t love it but I’d accept it. If you are unhappy every time your team doesn’t win a championship you’re setting yourself up to be an extremely miserable fan.

I’m not confusing you with anyone else at all. You’re firmly on the “I want my team to tank and rebuild if they aren’t one of the best teams in the league” wagon. I don’t think any poster here has held that position as consistently as you over the years. Maybe rfdc or imu.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:23 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
You’re wrong. I wouldn’t love it but I’d accept it. If you are unhappy every time your team doesn’t win a championship you’re setting yourself up to be an extremely miserable fan.

I’m not confusing you with anyone else at all. You’re firmly on the “I want my team to tank and rebuild if they aren’t one of the best teams in the league” wagon. I don’t think any poster here has held that position as consistently as you over the years. Maybe rfdc or imu.

For the hypothetical quote of mine up there, I wouldn't say I want my team to tank and rebuild. I just want them to go for it. Trade for a star, sign a star, set yourself up to draft a star, etc. Not necessarily tanking, though tanking at times may be a tool you could use. By the way, your revered Spurs only became the Spurs because they tanked to get Duncan. I know Robinson got injured but they made sure to lose as much as possible.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:47 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

For the hypothetical quote of mine up there, I wouldn't say I want my team to tank and rebuild. I just want them to go for it. Trade for a star, sign a star, set yourself up to draft a star, etc. Not necessarily tanking, though tanking at times may be a tool you could use. By the way, your revered Spurs only became the Spurs because they tanked to get Duncan. I know Robinson got injured but they made sure to lose as much as possible.

That logic has been disproven by their continued success post-Duncan, which almost never happens in the NBA.

And given your explanation above, you should be happy with the Bulls current path. Their rookie is on his way to being a star.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:54 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

That logic has been disproven by their continued success post-Duncan, which almost never happens in the NBA.

And given your explanation above, you should be happy with the Bulls current path. Their rookie is on his way to being a star.

Well "success" is a stretch there because they haven't really done anything outside of have good records and make the playoffs. That's great (sincerely) but nothing like what they experienced before.

You tend to be a homer on this stuff so yeah while I'm cool with the rookie let's wait and see what happens. Big picture wise the Bulls should be setting themselves up to make a pitch to Anthony Davis when the time is right, or seeing what they can do to build a solid core. The problem is no player probably wants to work for Forman so we won't sign anyone, as usual.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:09 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

Well "success" is a stretch there

No it isn’t. Last year’s warriors team was universally regarded as one of the best teams of all time and when Kawhi was healthy the Spurs owned them. They had to resort to using a no-talent goon taking a cheap shot to beat them. These are the facts.

veganfan21 wrote:
Big picture wise the Bulls should be setting themselves up to make a pitch to Anthony Davis when the time is right, or seeing what they can do to build a solid core.

Of course. Every team in the league is attempting to do this.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:12 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Well "success" is a stretch there

No it isn’t. Last year’s warriors team was universally regarded as one of the best teams of all time and when Kawhi was healthy the Spurs owned them. They had to resort to using a no-talent goon taking a cheap shot to beat them. These are the facts.

veganfan21 wrote:
Big picture wise the Bulls should be setting themselves up to make a pitch to Anthony Davis when the time is right, or seeing what they can do to build a solid core.

Of course. Every team in the league is attempting to do this.

Not guaranteed with the Bulls. Bunch of dumbasses.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:19 pm 

I am 100% in agreement with the Bulls tanking this season.

It seems like a no brainer to me when you consider that the the top of this years draft class is loaded.

Lose a few extra games this year to ensure a chance at one of the studs in the draft. Put them along side of Markk, Dunn, and Lavine and you have the makings of something good.

In the big picture I absolutely want the Bulls to be good and win games. But for this small stretch it is better for them to lose games. The Bulls picked this lane when they traded Butler. So tank on for this season.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:36 pm 

I support tanking, with the right people in charge within the organization. Winning and losing is cyclical for all organizations besides the Spurs.

I wasn't miserable during the Cubs rebuild. It was fun going from 0 to 100 over those years watching the development. The end goal is to have a long term, sustainable period of success, hopefully capped off by championships. The Bulls were absolutely not in, nor approaching, a period of long term, sustainable success. Tear it down.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:02 pm 

Bulls tanked in order to draft Jordan. Longtime Bulls know this.

http://sportsmockery.com/2015/12/the-be ... ever-made/

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
long time guy wrote:

No we don't... Portland selects MJ the Bulls are fucked

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:48 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
long time guy wrote:

They tanked in order to draft higher. Drafting higher allowed them an oppprtunity to draft Jordan. Do your research.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Perfect across the board tonight so far
22 points
8-8 fg
3-3 3pt
3-3 ft

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:05 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

They tanked in order to draft higher. Drafting higher allowed them an oppprtunity to draft Jordan. Do your research.

Portland had no use for Jordan.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:39 pm 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Portland had no use for Jordan.

Its not really whether the Bulls necessarily tanked in order to get Jordan. The fact remains that tanking placed them in position to draft 3rd. Drafting 3rd allowed them to draft Jordan.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:05 pm 

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2246 ... mes-harden

Butler #6 in NBA MVP race, per ESPN

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:48 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Down goes Butler!

It don't look good

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:51 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I bet Lou Williams would take that 100k bet now.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Looked like an ACL tear

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
That's not gonna be good for anyone

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Well, it looks as though GarPax may have just officially won the trade.