It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 4:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1482 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 50  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:43 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

This guy underachieved yet again. I'm pretty sure he goes on the clock as of next season.

Dear Tom:

This letter hereby notifies you of our dissatisfaction with your performance this year. Breaking a playoff drought of over 14 years by qualifying for the playoffs is simply unacceptable. Equally unacceptable is finishing two games behind the #3 seed while missing your top performer for over a month in a competitive conference.

The results of this season stunt the development of our young players: as a result of your actions, they are no longer able to learn from other teams by watching them in the playoffs. Nor are they able to seek the counsel of Doc Rivers and Fred Hoiberg - vastly superior coaches compared to you - both of whom have copious amounts of free-time this off-season, unlike your team.

We have developed a number of key performance indicators that you are required to meet next year in order to earn back our trust. They are as follows:

- You must pass our proprietary "eye test" metrics system

Failure to improve upon this year's performance will result in immediate termination next year. Best wishes for a more successful future.

Long Time Guy

I'm sure you are making the same excuses for guys like Rivers and Gentry (not) also. Karl Anthony Towns hasn't missed a game in his NBA career. He is arguably their best player. Young? They have the 7th oldest team in the league. Your guy Thibs doesn't play young guys either and the other young guy on the team (Wiggins) everyone wants to run out of town. Development? he only plays two young guys for the most part.

Do you want me to go over all the bad contracts and deals made by "Terrific Tom" again.

This is the year of the demise of Vegan. Should have happened a while ago but this is your death knell.

From Kyrie to Gentry to Doc to this has been a terrible year for you.

You are now left with settling for 8th seeded, win on your home court, overtime wins in order to make the playoff victories in order to justify a bad run.

You were so cocky that you failed to post in this thread for about what? 8 months. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I expected them to make the playoffs. So did everyone else. Battling for an 8th seed wasn't supposed to be part of the deal though (according to the loyalist). MANY other teams were hit much harder by injury than Minnesota by the way.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:51 am 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
The Thibophiles were so confident in his abilities that they had to wait til after the final game of the season to show their appreciation for him.

An 8th seed which came down to the last game of the season in order to clinch and now they are rejoicing.

This guy underachieved yet again. I'm pretty sure he goes on the clock as of next season.

How did he underachieve in your eyes when you predicted them to not make the playoffs?

I had them in the playoffs. Thought it was a chance that they could miss but I had them in from the moment they traded for Butler. You had them 3rd or 4th which means that they underachieved.

Thibs mortgaged the future to be an 8th seed in the playoffs. This isn't an up and coming team anymore. They only have one guy that is young worth building around. They have a number of bad deals on their books and had to rely on aging vets in order to make the playoffs.

They are about to be "lapped" by a number of younger more talented teams (already have actually). Have fun with their impending first round exit.

I am happy for the "Real" Wolves fans however. They deserve a playoff team after some of the stuff that has happened to them over the years.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:01 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
long time guy wrote:
I had them in the playoffs. Thought it was a chance that they could miss but I had them in from the moment they traded for Butler. You had them 3rd or 4th which means that they underachieved.

Thibs mortgaged the future to be an 8th seed in the playoffs. This isn't an up and coming team anymore. They only have one guy that is young worth building around. They have a number of bad deals on their books and had to rely on aging vets in order to make the playoffs.

They are about to be "lapped" by a number of younger more talented teams (already have actually). Have fun with their impending first round exit.

I am happy for the "Real" Wolves fans however. They deserve a playoff team after some of the stuff that has happened to them over the years.

I did not factor in 17 missed games by Butler. As vegan pointed out, they were 2 GB from the 3 seed. I am very happy with this season, to this point.

The future is Wiggins, Butler and Towns. I'm not sure what was mortgaged about the future.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:37 am 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I did not factor in 17 missed games by Butler. As vegan pointed out, they were 2 GB from the 3 seed. I am very happy with this season, to this point.

The future is Wiggins, Butler and Towns. I'm not sure what was mortgaged about the future.

If you factor in the number of games missed by other teams that made the playoffs 17 is miniscule. Vegan has bashed Doc and Gentry for being terrible coaches. Both have done better jobs than Thibs. He never gives other coaches (including Hoiberg) credit for coaching through injury either.

His biases know no limits. His hypocrisy is the stuff of legend. It is time to retire "The Vegan". He is going out the way all of the great ones have over the years. On a damn swivel.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:47 am 

Vegan is one of our most solid NBA posters. You disagreeing with him is not some black mark against him.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
IMU wrote:
Vegan is one of our most solid NBA posters. You disagreeing with him is not some black mark against him.

:salut:

I don't think LTG realizes he's being parodied in that letter I wrote. I think he believes it's an accurate representation of his thoughts - and it does seem accurate based on his recents posts. This is a guy who said Cleveland is a failure even after appearing in three straight finals and winning one. He said Thibs failed this season and that Rivers did a better job, even though Rivers is sitting at home and Thibs is in the post season. And he keeps mentioning Hoiberg in the same breath as Thibs. Delusional.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:31 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
IMU wrote:

:salut:

I don't think LTG realizes he's being parodied in that letter I wrote. I think he believes it's an accurate representation of his thoughts - and it does seem accurate based on his recents posts. This is a guy who said Cleveland is a failure even after appearing in three straight finals and winning one. He said Thibs failed this season and that Rivers did a better job, even though Rivers is sitting at home and Thibs is in the post season. And he keeps mentioning Hoiberg in the same breath as Thibs. Delusional.

You are the same guy that thought Kyrie Irving was a loser despite winning 33 games out of 71 played with the worst roster in the league. You also have consistently stated that Gentry is a terrible coach even though he lost a better player to injury and still won more games than Thibs. If you look at the number of games lost to injury by Pelican players and compare them to those lost by Wolves players it is laughable yet you still proclaim victory. As far as Doc goes no team in the league was beset by turnover like his team was and he still took them to the last weekend before bowing out.

It is funny and hypocritical that you use injury as an excuse when no other coach is afforded such luxury.

He is has been wrong at every turn with his "NBA thoughts" Remember when Kyrie "wasn't shit without Lebron" ruled the roost with him?

Funny how he was absent throughout the LEbron whining for better players portion of the show also. Lebron James as predicted whined like hell for better players and threw the players currently on the team under the bus like he also does and the Great Vegan merely sighed. How predictable.

Now we are celebrating 8 seeds when all I heard last year was that an 8 seed wasn't shit. Ok

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:33 am 

IMU wrote:

You agreeing with him isn't exactly a feather in his cap either.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:35 am 

pizza_Place: John's
LTG is spot on here. You can't use injuries as an excuse for Thibs.....it is because he runs his players into the ground.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:49 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
LTG is spot on here. You can't use injuries as an excuse for Thibs.....it is because he runs his players into the ground.

He runs his players into the playoffs. He has only ever missed the playoffs once.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:50 am 

Caller Bob wrote:

What exactly is the excuse here? Think about what LTG is vomiting: the Wolves made the playoffs for the first time in 14 years and finished 2 games behind the 2nd seed. What exactly is so underwhelming about that?

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:50 am 

IMU wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

He runs his players into the playoffs. He has only ever missed the playoffs once.

8th seeds are accomplishments now?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:53 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

What exactly is the excuse here? Think about what LTG is vomiting: the Wolves made the playoffs for the first time in 14 years and finished 2 games behind the 2nd seed. What exactly is so underwhelming about that?

And 1 game from missing the playoffs. But continue to parade around regular season achievements as some type of accomplishment.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Caller Bob wrote:
IMU wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

They definitely are for LTG, as he treated the Bulls finishing there last season as one of the impressive displays of coaching in the history of basketball.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:57 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Caller Bob wrote:
IMU wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

they are in this context of a crowded West conference
as has been mentioned many times they were 2GB of the 3 seed. Would you have called that a great accomplishment then ?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:58 am 

Bagels wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
IMU wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

they are in this context of a crowded West conference
as has been mentioned many times they were 2GB of the 3 seed. Would you have called that a great accomplishment then ?

And like I said, 1 game of missing it too. Almost making the playoffs, would you hang that plaque up on your wall?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:58 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
IMU wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

When it is 2 GB from the 3 seed and your MVP candidate missed 23 total games, including 17 down the stretch, in the tougher conference? Yes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:59 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

And 1 game from missing the playoffs. But continue to parade around regular season achievements as some type of accomplishment.

So you get that basically every team from 3-8 was in danger of missing the playoffs until the past week or so?

And let's not further dignify LTG's initial post: saying someone underachieved when they finished 12 games above 500 and made the playoffs is an unreasonable statement.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:59 am 

LITERALLY two or three more wins on the season and Tom Thibodeau would have gotten many coach of the year votes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:00 am 

Butler wasn't winning no MVP this year btw :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:02 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Caller Bob wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:02 am 

Looks like it's just LTG and Me in this foxhole..huh..let's dig in here.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:04 am 

Bagels wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Butler's stats, before the injury weren't even as good as his 2016-17 stats...and he didn't sniff MVP votes last year..so I don't understand how IMU thinks Butler was a legit MVP candidate leading up to his injury.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:17 am 

Caller Bob wrote:

Being a candidate does not mean you win.

Hillary Clinton was a presidential candidate in 2016.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:18 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Butler's stats, before the injury weren't even as good as his 2016-17 stats...and he didn't sniff MVP votes last year..so I don't understand how IMU thinks Butler was a legit MVP candidate leading up to his injury.

Going from 31 wins to 50+ wins and a 3-seed if Butler would have played most of the season, being the one major acquisition, puts him into the MVP conversation. Sorry if you disagree, that is how the NBA works though.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:36 am 

ZephMarshack wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
IMU wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

They definitely are for LTG, as he treated the Bulls finishing there last season as one of the impressive displays of coaching in the history of basketball.

Nah but this is definitely an impressive use of hyperbole.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:38 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Looks like it's just LTG and Me in this foxhole..huh..let's dig in here.

No problem CB. I need a few allies in this all out assault.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:41 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

So you get that basically every team from 3-8 was in danger of missing the playoffs until the past week or so?

And let's not further dignify LTG's initial post: saying someone underachieved when they finished 12 games above 500 and made the playoffs is an unreasonable statement.

Well respected Broadcaster Brendan Haywood stated that Thibs should be on the clock if they miss the playoffs.

They should not have had to scrape into playoffs with that roster.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:51 am 

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Well respected Broadcaster Brendan Haywood stated that Thibs should be on the clock if they miss the playoffs.

Yeah but what did Yahoo answers say?

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:52 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Yeah but what did Yahoo answers say?

That Thibs should be whacked. Thanks for asking. Like any great scribe it is always important for researchers to have multiple sources

Last edited by long time guy on Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1482 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 50  Next