It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 2:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
The league pays homage to KD....it gets so bad 'Bron calls someone a genius for the very 1st time ever :shock:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Walt Williams Neck wrote:
The league pays homage to KD....it gets so bad 'Bron calls someone a nut for the very 1st time ever :shock:
Wow just wow :(

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:43 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Cavs getting blown out tonight too, like to see KD drop 44 on em.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Looking forward to Steph continuing to dominate Kyrie. It's amazing to me that some people actually think Kyrie is better :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:29 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Looking forward to Steph continuing to dominate Kyrie. It's amazing to me that some people actually think Kyrie is better :lol:

Curry ducking is not necessary domination. Can't let your bias get the best of you. Once Curry ran scared it ended the matchup. He is a yellow belly sap sucking coward. A man with no honor. No integrity. Gutless.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:40 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Curry ducking is not necessary domination. Can't let your bias get the best of you. Once Curry ran scared it ended the matchup. He is a yellow belly sap sucking coward. A man with no honor. No integrity. Gutless.

I'm not biased here. I don't even necessarily like Curry but it's plainly obviously he's way better than Kyrie. Didn't you want to judge John Wall vs Butler on All NBA teams and MVP votes? :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:44 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I'm not biased here. I don't even necessarily like Curry but it's plainly obviously he's way better than Kyrie. Didn't you want to judge John Wall vs Butler on All NBA teams and MVP votes? :lol:

They don't play the same position that's why. It's easier with Curry and Irving because they do. Curry was also the 2 time MVP when he got his ass handed to him by Irving. That settled it. If Curry doesn't check him then that settles it. Bite me with the Adams defensive schemes too. He changed the coverage because it's obvious Curry has no chance against Irving. It doesn't take a brain surgeon or even a spelling bee champ to see that one.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:50 pm 

Curry would be fine against Irving. Neither of them has a prayer of guarding anyone but Curry is the better offensive player by every metric.

It's hilarious that you are still arguing a 7 game sample size is more relevant than a 300+ game sample size

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:55 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Curry would be fine against Irving. Neither of them has a prayer of guarding anyone but Curry is the better offensive player by every metric.

It's hilarious that you are still arguing a 7 game sample size is more relevant than a 300+ game sample size

Mine is based on them actually playing against one another which is always truer metric. Yours is based on Curry dominating guys like Jerian Grant.

For the record Irving checked Curry and looked terrible in last year's finals.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:57 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Mine is based on them actually playing against one another which is always truer metric. Yours is based on Curry dominating guys like Jerian Grant.

When they play eachother Steph has better career numbers as well. They aren't even close to eachother. Every single person who knows basketball would take Curry over Kyrie. It's not a close comparison.

Let's see who does better tonight. Cavs need Kyrie to step up. 10-22 shooting, 2 assists and 4 turnovers isn't gonna cut it

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:05 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

When they play eachother Steph has better career numbers as well. They aren't even close to eachother. Every single person who knows basketball would take Curry over Kyrie. It's not a close comparison.

Let's see who does better tonight. Cavs need Kyrie to step up. 10-22 shooting, 2 assists and 4 turnovers isn't gonna cut it

This is what I know. When the game starts Curry will be checking J.R. Smith. If he checks Irving they are going to run clear outs at him. Your conception of domination is awfully skewed too. I don't know where you get that from. Irving won an NBA finals by booking on Curry. They ran a clear out at him because they know he can t guard a potted plant.

His offensive numbers are heavily influenced by the fact that they hide him on D. Westbrook owned him too.

Once he backs off the Irving cover the debate ends. I guarantee he'd have no problem guarding Patty Mills if he were on the Cavs. He is a damn coward and if you think stuff like this doesn't matter listen to guys like Chris Paul. It does.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:10 pm 

I like Chris Paul but I don't need him or any other player to tell me what matters. I know basketball. All that matters at the end of the game is how much you produced overall, both sides of the ball included. JR Smith scored 3 points in Game 1. Steph scored 28. Steph also had 10 assists, 6 rebounds, 3 steals, and only 2 turnovers. The eye test also showed that he and Durant were absolutely killing the Cavs. Whatever metric or criteria you want to go by, Steph was undeniably better than Kyrie in Game 1. Denying that just makes you lose credibility. It's not really a debateble topic.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:16 pm 

Love came to play

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:18 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
I like Chris Paul but I don't need him or any other player to tell me what matters. I know basketball. All that matters at the end of the game is how much you produced overall, both sides of the ball included. JR Smith scored 3 points in Game 1. Steph scored 28. Steph also had 10 assists, 6 rebounds, 3 steals, and only 2 turnovers. The eye test also showed that he and Durant were absolutely killing the Cavs. Whatever metric or criteria you want to go by, Steph was undeniably better than Kyrie in Game 1. Denying that just makes you lose credibility. It's not really a debateble topic.
FavreFan wrote:

If you know basketball then head to head always matters. Whenever a guy refuses to guard someone it means they can t. Regardless of level it still is the case.

Curry was thoroughly dominated. That ends it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:22 pm 

There's no refusing about it. It's simply not part of the game plan. If Steph and Kyrie switched teams Kyrie would be guarding JR as well. You're clinging to this nonsense because on the court and in the box score Curry dominates him.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:23 pm 

Steph with another 3 as I type that :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:26 pm 

Might be another blowout coming. Is Kyrie even on the court?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Cleveland playing their best game and they're still going to lose by 20.

Steve Kerr didn't want Mike Brown to get all the glory.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:28 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
There's no refusing about it. It's simply not part of the game plan. If Steph and Kyrie switched teams Kyrie would be guarding JR as well. You're clinging to this nonsense because on the court and in the box score Curry dominates him.

In last year's Finals he didn't and he didn't in Game 1 either. He is out playing him tonight but as long as Curry continues to hide it's nothing to talk about. I will watch the game and discontinue this because it's a subjective debate. If they matchup then it's worth talking about. Not now though. It was settled last year when they matched up.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:29 pm 

It wasn't settled. They're currently playing eachother for another title. Through 4.5 quarters Curry is clearly the better player.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:34 pm 

Smart play by Curry, dumb foul by Jefferson.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:36 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
It wasn't settled. They're currently playing eachother for another title. Through 4.5 quarters Curry is clearly the better player.

The better player is guarding J.R. Smith though he is the same size. Irving won a championship by dominating Curry.might actually win this one too. Cleveland will make this a series.

Curry is padding his stats with dumb fouls by Cleveland.

Last edited by long time guy on Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:36 pm 

Lebron sweating his nuts off, might fas out in the 4th .

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:41 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

The better player is guarding J.R. Smith though he is the same size. Irving won a championship by dominating Curry.might actually win this one too. Cleveland will make this a series.

Not sure if youre watching but Curry has guarded Kyrie on over half the possessions so far

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:41 pm 

They need to tech Green up whenever he does all that whining. He is allowed too much leeway when it comes to bitching.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:42 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Not sure if youre watching but Curry has guarded Kyrie on over half the possessions so far

No he hasn't.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:50 pm 

This GS team is fun to watch, they are going to drop 140 on the Cavs tonight.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:53 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

No he hasn't.

Yep. He passed it off a few times, made a three, missed a jumper, and turned it over

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:55 pm 

Irving has to play better. Love has shown up so far. Cleveland is hanging around even though G.S is scoring fairly easily.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:06 pm 

Curry is a terrible decision maker and defender.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 23  Next