It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 12:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Regular Reader wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:
someone needs to post the video, it's a nasty sucker punch, superman style. Completely connects. I wouldn't be surprised if Poole was knocked the fuck out.

I don't know about that. From what I read Poole continued to practice after being punched by scumbag Draemond. Supposedly Draemond is shitty because the Warriors intend to negotiate with Poole on a new deal while they make him play out the season before initiating contract talks.

The Great Draemond can't face the idea that he would have few bidders if he hit the open market. And stupidly thinks that Steph will get him a fat deal in the Bay.

Especially with their kids developing fast.

Quote:
Draymond Green was apologetic in aftermath of the altercation with Jordan Poole, but there was a buildup stemming from teammates noticing a change in Poole’s behavior throughout camp with the guard on the verge of securing a lucrative extension, league sources tell
@YahooSports

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:41 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
The Missing Link wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:
someone needs to post the video, it's a nasty sucker punch, superman style. Completely connects. I wouldn't be surprised if Poole was knocked the fuck out.

I don't know about that. From what I read Poole continued to practice after being punched by scumbag Draemond. Supposedly Draemond is shitty because the Warriors intend to negotiate with Poole on a new deal while they make him play out the season before initiating contract talks.

The Great Draemond can't face the idea that he would have few bidders if he hit the open market. And stupidly thinks that Steph will get him a fat deal in the Bay.

Especially with their kids developing fast.

Quote:
Draymond Green was apologetic in aftermath of the altercation with Jordan Poole, but there was a buildup stemming from teammates noticing a change in Poole’s behavior throughout camp with the guard on the verge of securing a lucrative extension, league sources tell
@YahooSports

Steve Kerr said that was 100% bullshit. It's probably something Green's camp is pushing.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:44 pm 

Nas wrote:
Steve Kerr said that was 100% bullshit. It's probably something Green's camp is pushing.

I saw the video first on reddit and the comments were pointing out how the reporters that were downplaying it and putting it on Poole were all represented by the same company. I wonder if the video got leaked to stick it to them for trying to hurt Poole's reputation and defend Greens.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:48 pm 

Brick wrote:
Nas wrote:

I saw the video first on reddit and the comments were pointing out how the reporters that were downplaying it and putting it on Poole were all represented by the same company. I wonder if the video got leaked to stick it to them for trying to hurt Poole's reputation and defend Greens.

In what way did they try and "put it on Poole" Brick?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:
Nas wrote:

It was suggested Poole was acting like a diva and he got into Green's face and pushed him.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:01 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:
Nas wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:04 pm 

Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:
Nas wrote:

None of that is blaming Poole for the punch however. And until I saw the video I didn't know that Poole pushed Draemond up off of him prior to the punch being thrown.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:10 pm 

One of those tweets puts the blame on Poole for his attitude and the other two at best put equal blame on Poole and Green for what led up to the incident. It's pretty clearly a "Green shouldn't have hit him but Green did have a reason to hit him".

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:11 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Good shot by Green. Poole is a cuck.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:11 pm 

Brick wrote:
One of those tweets puts the blame on Poole for his attitude and the other two at best put equal blame on Poole and Green for what led up to the incident. It's pretty clearly a "Green shouldn't have hit him but Green did have a reason to hit him".

Nah one of them clearly states that the punch was not "warranted" regardless of whatever their history happens to be.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:14 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:

Nah one of them clearly states that the punch was not "warranted" regardless of whatever their history happens to be.

That's how "He shouldn't have done it but also there is a reason he did it" works. The punch wasn't "warranted" but also Poole did do some stuff that made Green mad like that is somehow an excuse.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:21 pm 

Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:

That's how "He shouldn't have done it but also there is a reason he did it" works. The punch wasn't "warranted" but also Poole did do some stuff that made Green mad like that is somehow an excuse.

If it were an excuse then the Warriors would be considering disciplinary action, or people would be calling for disciplinary action to be taken against Poole too don't you think? That's what sort of happens whenever someone is "assessing blame" in a situation like this.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:27 pm 

I don't think you are understanding what I meant by "Green shouldn't have hit him but he also had a reason to hit him".

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:28 pm 

Brick wrote:
I don't think you are understanding what I meant by "Green shouldn't have hit him but he also had a reason to hit him".

I don't think you understand what assessing "blame" in a situation like this actually entails. Its clear from everything that I have read whom everyone believes to be at fault here.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:37 pm 

Bottom line is that Draemond needs to be worn out.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:22 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:

I don't think you understand what assessing "blame" in a situation like this actually entails. Its clear from everything that I have read whom everyone believes to be at fault here.

Again, it is the classic case where you say "Person X shouldn't have done Y but he did have Reason Z for doing it" which is a backdoor way of saying that he did have a reason to do so.

I find it funny that you are arguing against it when you did the same thing above with this:
The Missing Link wrote:
That's on Jordan Poole. Once he pushed him he should have known that he had to protect himself. He opened himself up and basically invited the guy to blaze him. I saw a similar thing happen during a softball game this past summer between a player and his manager. The manager jumped up in the guy's face and berated him about something that happened on the field. The player pushed the manager up off him and the manager "stole" on him shortly afterwards. Only punch the manager actually landed in the fight however :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:26 pm 

Brick wrote:
Again, it is the classic case where you say "Person X shouldn't have done Y but he did have Reason Z for doing it" which is a backdoor way of saying that he did have a reason to do so.

I find it funny that you are arguing against it when you did the same thing above with this:

The Missing Link wrote:
That's on Jordan Poole. Once he pushed him he should have known that he had to protect himself. He opened himself up and basically invited the guy to blaze him. I saw a similar thing happen during a softball game this past summer between a player and his manager. The manager jumped up in the guy's face and berated him about something that happened on the field. The player pushed the manager up off him and the manager "stole" on him shortly afterwards. Only punch the manager actually landed in the fight however :lol: :lol: :lol:

My point had absolutely nothing to do with whether Draemond should have punched him or not. :lol: :lol: :lol: Or whether Poole "deserved to be punched" either :lol: :lol: :lol: Somehow I knew that you would spin it as if it did however.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:28 pm 

Brick wrote:

One of the reporters Brick cited as saying Poole "deserved it".
Quote:
The details of the Warriors’ offseason melodrama continues to unfold. Multiple reports suggest that Draymond Green and Jordan Poole got into a verbal altercation on Wednesday which escalated into a physical one.

Green, per multiple reports, struck Poole, whose tone over a prospective contract extension has been noticed by teammates this summer.

Shams Charania provided an update on Thursday on the Pat McAfee show, saying the two were talking trash throughout practice and then began pushing and shoving, which escalated further.

“Draymond Green, from what I’m told, whether you want to call it a punch, you want to call it a forceful strike, he got at Jordan Poole,” Charania said. “It was an impact hit. The Warriors had to stop practice right there and then. They had to bring everyone back to the locker room for everyone to gather their emotions. Draymond Green was very, very vocal, from what I’m told, after the fact.”

Charania clarified that it was a punch which landed at the “neck and above.”

He said that Green is expected to be disclipined and that the decision on that discipline is likely to come in on Thursday. It’s not yet clear whether it will be a fine, suspension or both, but the team and Green have mutual interest in making sure he is not suspended for the team’s ring night against the Lakers on October 18.

“Jordan Poole, thankfully, is all good,” Shams said. “My sense is it will eventually be bygones will be bygones. This will be water under the bridge in due time.”

The Warriors have managed Green’s antics in the past. Will this time be another example of that? Or will the contract issues complicate matters?

Sure sounds like the guy is "blaming Poole" doesn't it?

And it is also clear that much of the "reporting" on this was based on sources from within the Warrior Organization. This was a closed practice after all. The video was leaked because the Warriors were attempting to cover the shit up, or at the very least downplay it. Not the media.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:44 pm 

That article contains multiple things about what Poole did. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:45 pm 

It also adds the "water under the bridge" comment basically saying this was no big deal.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:46 pm 

Brick wrote:

Such as? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:50 pm 

Brick wrote:
It also adds the "water under the bridge" comment basically saying this was no big deal.

Yeah because the Warriors are treating it as "no big deal". Well that is until the video came out of course. And it can also be said that the reporting on there being "pushing and shoving" was an attempt to find an "equivalency" prior to the punch being thrown. Green didn't push Poole prior to the punch.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:51 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:

"Green, per multiple reports, struck Poole, whose tone over a prospective contract extension has been noticed by teammates this summer."
"the two were talking trash throughout practice and then began pushing and shoving, which escalated further."

Poole: Bad attitude. Trash talking. Pushing and Shoving.

Then Green hit him. He shouldn't have hit him but Green did have reasons.

Also, calling it Greens "antics" further attempts to frame it as some small matter.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:55 pm 

Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:

"Green, per multiple reports, struck Poole, whose tone over a prospective contract extension has been noticed by teammates this summer."
"the two were talking trash throughout practice and then began pushing and shoving, which escalated further."

Poole: Bad attitude. Trash talking. Pushing and Shoving.

Then Green hit him. He shouldn't have hit him but Green did have reasons.

Also, calling it Greens "antics" further attempts to frame it as some small matter.

They were "talking trash" to one another prior to the punch however. And again the "reporter" was only "reporting" what was reported to him by people from within the organization. If there was any "spinning" going on it was from people within the Warriors organization. It was a closed practice after all.

You make it seem as if the guys doing the "reporting" were actually on the scene at the time the incident happened. Its clear from the reporting that they were not. The reason that the video was leaked is because someone (who likely despises Draemond) got tired of the organization trying to cover it up or downplay it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:23 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Wow, a scuffle during practice. That never happens.

Sorry ladies, there's no bad guys here.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:25 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
The reason that the video was leaked is because someone (who likely despises Draemond) got tired of the organization trying to cover it up or downplay it.

Let's agree to agree.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:48 pm 

Nardi wrote:

Nah Draemond is an asshole and should not have walked in the guy's face to begin with. Once Poole pushes him away, (while still talking shit) he should have prepared himself for the possibility that Draemond might "pull it". He wasn't even looking at Draemond immediately after pushing him away.
If he had been then he could have gotten out of the way of the punch.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:51 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Nah Draemond is an asshole and should not have walked in the guy's face to begin with. Once Poole pushes him away, (while still talking shit) he should have prepared himself for the possibility that Draemond might "pull it". He wasn't even looking at Draemond immediately after pushing him away.

Who cares. It probably got smoothed out by sunset.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:58 pm 

Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Not with Poole it hasn't. Word was he had no interest in meeting with Draemond afterwards. Dude "steals" you like that it's hard to get past it. Especially with the video being out.

Mirotic never got past what Portis did. Though Portis's punch Admittedly did a lot more damage to his face than this one.

This wasn't a "scuffle" either. Draemond "blazed" the guy and knocked him down.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:07 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Dude "steals" you like that it's hard to get past it.

Shouldn't be. Paid to be teammates.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next