It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:55 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
rogers park bryan wrote:
The Finals started guys

And they ended when GS took out OKC in 7

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:57 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
The Finals started guys

Really can't have this discussion until the series was over. I have Irving to take out Curry also. Irving didn't decisively outplay him last night but he outplayed him. Curry is vastly overrated as a player. Best in the league nope. It may be disputable if he is even the best on his own team.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:59 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
yea i'm tired of this stupid shit

keep your "honor", i'll take the team that didn't choke away a 3-1 lead. lot of honor in that :oops: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:02 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
long time guy wrote:
Irving didn't decisively outplay him last night but he outplayed him.

see, here's why you're such an moron

after the game got close, the Warrior blew it back wide open when Livingston posted up and destroyed Irving on like 10 possessions in a row. They then tried to put him on Barnes, who also destroyed him. But you'll cling to the fact that Curry didn't play well and that Irving "outplayed" him. I really don't give a fuck, I want the Warriors to win the game. You seem to just have a personal vendetta against Curry and want to see him play poorly. As long as that happens you're cool. I could care less if Curry scores 0 as long as the Warriors win the game. I guess we just watch the game for different reasons

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:26 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
If LTG is just saying Curry isn't the best in the game then I'm sympathetic to that, it's just the arguments LTG uses are torturous and sometimes self-negating. It's sort of like have a teacher uncovering that a student got a math problem correct but the math done to reach that answer is way off base.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:36 am 

Hockey Gay wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
The Finals started guys

Hahah, you're pretty funny

What time you do back in boystown?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:36 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
The Finals started guys

Hahahahahabahahahahahahaha

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:37 am 

Hockey Gay wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
The Finals started guys

Hahahahahabahahahahahahaha

*Due

:oops:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:51 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Curry and Klay played their worst game of the series last night and GS won by 15.. Cavs are a 5th seed in the west..this series is over.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:04 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
If LTG is just saying Curry isn't the best in the game then I'm sympathetic to that, it's just the arguments LTG uses are torturous and sometimes self-negating. It's sort of like have a teacher uncovering that a student got a math problem correct but the math done to reach that answer is way off base.

No. There is an old adage related to sports. Great players play great in great moments. This idiot is sitting here talking about Barnes and Livingston playing great. Where the hell was the great Steph Curry in any of this? He then cites stats from last series. It's only valid if he cites pre Westbrook and post Westbrook guarding.

I don't get personal about sports like that. I'm a fan. If Curry kills Westbrook I'm cool with it. If he Kills Irving I'm cool with it. When people start talking greatest this and greatest that then it calls for further examination and exactly what basis?

If he is better than guys like Isaiah as some have alleged then what criteria are they using? Isaiah destroyed guys. Every little guard of his Era felt his wrath. So did Jordan so did Duncan and any other great player. That's my point. Can't hide behind tram success because that is not the argument.

This started when noted board Troll Nas stated that he is the best in the league. If that's the case then it hasn't been really resonating during the playoffs. Even Lillard and McCollum were getting up with him. Know he was coming back from injury but he did explode during one of the games so how hurt was he?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:32 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

No. There is an old adage related to sports. Great players play great in great moments. This idiot is sitting here talking about Barnes and Livingston playing great. Where the hell was the great Steph Curry in any of this? He then cites stats from last series. It's only valid if he cites pre Westbrook and post Westbrook guarding.

I don't get personal about sports like that. I'm a fan. If Curry kills Westbrook I'm cool with it. If he Kills Irving I'm cool with it. When people start talking greatest this and greatest that then it calls for further examination and exactly what basis?

If he is better than guys like Isaiah as some have alleged then what criteria are they using? Isaiah destroyed guys. Every little guard of his Era felt his wrath. So did Jordan so did Duncan and any other great player. That's my point. Can't hide behind tram success because that is not the argument.

This started when noted board Troll Nas stated that he is the best in the league. If that's the case then it hasn't been really resonating during the playoffs. Even Lillard and McCollum were getting up with him. Know he was coming back from injury but he did explode during one of the games so how hurt was he?

So were does Curry rank for you in today's NBA? Top 5? Top 10? 15?

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I have decided it is not really easy to follow game/series thoughts with you dopes arguing about Curry vs. whomever and where he ranks. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:51 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

So were does Curry rank for you in today's NBA? Top 5? Top 10? 15?

5-10

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:13 am 

pittmike wrote:
I have decided it is not really easy to follow game/series thoughts with you dopes arguing about Curry vs. whomever and where he ranks. Thanks.

Dog aint hunting. Its not like you really comment in NBA threads anyway. At least the guys that are commenting about the NBA are the ones that typically argue over this stuff. I don't know if you typical follow NBA threads either. If this conversation prevents you from following an NBA thread then so be it. I'd much rather piss off Vegan, Bagels, Leash, Imu, FF, etc. than a guy that never has much if anything at all, to contribute anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:21 am 

long time guy wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Dog aint hunting. Its not like you really comment in NBA threads anyway. At least the guys that are commenting about the NBA are the ones that typically argue over this stuff. I don't know if you typical follow NBA threads either. If this conversation prevents you from following an NBA thread then so be it. I'd much rather piss off Vegan, Bagels, Leash, Imu, FF, etc. than a guy that never has much if anything at all, to contribute anyway.

So I do not comment. I follow people's thoughts on a series in the series thread to get the opinions on it. You dumb asses spent all last night commenting on Curry in the LAST series. Make a Curry vs. Westbrook thread. Oh and also go fuck yourself.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:27 am 

pittmike wrote:
long time guy wrote:
pittmike wrote:

So I do not comment. I follow people's thoughts on a series in the series thread to get the opinions on it. You dumb asses spent all last night commenting on Curry in the LAST series. Make a Curry vs. Westbrook thread. Oh and also go fuck yourself.

When was the last time your complaining ass made or commented in an NBA thread? I could give a flying fuck if your reading pleasure has been slightly altered. Who gives a fuck?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:28 am 

Have a great weekend LTG.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
I second Pittmike's thought.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:00 am 

City of Fools wrote:
I second Pittmike's thought.

Well Whooptee fucking doo!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:49 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I think Curry was the best player in the league last year and this year...its way too early to compare him to Isiah or other all timers..he's got to stay healthy for 5-10 more years and dominate.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:50 am 

pittmike is right.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:18 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike is right.

Biased. There are over 1100 views regarding this topic. About 600 were made during the debate no one wants to read. Get a clue for a change.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Ltg you don't always gotta be on the muscle.

Anyway, Shaun Livingston has quite an offensive skill set all of a sudden.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:26 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike is right.

Biased. There are over 1100 views regarding this topic. About 600 were made during the debate no one wants to read. Get a clue for a change.
I'm sure it had nothing to do with the NBA finals. It was all people reading you.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:29 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Yes I do. Its stupid to to be debating about valid basketball arguments in a basketball thread. If we weren't arguing about Westbrook or Curry there wouldn't much action in this thread. They are being phony and just find a way to get in the discussion. Either add something to the debate or don't. It is disingenuous to suggest otherwise. Im still wondering what game action that anyone was prevented from reading or writing by arguing about Westbrook/Curry. People were still free to write about the game.

For the record Livingston has always been good. I'm a big fan of Livingston. Hate that he was injured. I remembered him in high school and thought he would be the closest thing to Magic that the League has seen.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Yes I do. Its stupid to to be debating about valid basketball arguments in a basketball thread. If we weren't arguing about Westbrook or Curry there wouldn't much action in this thread. They are being phony and just find a way to get in the discussion. Either add something to the debate or don't. It is disingenuous to suggest otherwise. Im still wondering what game action that anyone was prevented from reading or writing by arguing about Westbrook/Curry. People were still free to write about the game.

For the record Livingston has always been good. I'm a big fan of Livingston. Hate that he was injured. I remembered him in high school and thought he would be the closest thing to Magic that the League has seen.

I played in a 3 on 3 against Livingston when I was in high school. I believe he was a couple years younger. He basically stood at the 3-point line, looked over the defense, and destroyed us with passing. He didn't even break a sweat. I know it goes without saying that an NBA player would destroy most people, but we played against some other bigtime prospects and Livingston's talent was just unique. At that age and height, he had tremendous perimeter skills unlike any I've seen up close.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:50 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I played in a 3 on 3 against Livingston when I was in high school. I believe he was a couple years younger. He basically stood at the 3-point line, looked over the defense, and destroyed us with passing. He didn't even break a sweat. I know it goes without saying that an NBA player would destroy most people, but we played against some other bigtime prospects and Livingston's talent was just unique. At that age and height, he had tremendous perimeter skills unlike any I've seen up close.

I remember seeing him about a few months after the injury at the best buy on North Ave. He had a trainer looking guy with him and a sleeve on his leg. He had a noticeable limp and I always hoped that he'd come back. I think the leg keeps in on a minutes restriction or he'd be playing starters minutes in the league. He still has game.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Last year he didn't have Kyrie or Love :( this year the bench sucks :( LeBron as Michael sang I'm starting with the man in the mirror :D damn 6 straight finals....I'm not impresswd

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
If the rest of the games are like last night it's going to be a sweep. The thing about Golden State is they have an ability to pull away at the end of games. The 3 point shot wins them games too and some of the players on Golden State can shoot a high percentage with little to no air space.

If you were ranking the top 4 teams in the NBA this season the list goes: Golden State, OKC, Spurs and the Cavs. No way LeBron makes 6 straight Finals appearance if he plays in the West.

The Cavs coach will be thrown under the bus if they lose this series. Everyone wanted to blame David Blatt, but it's quite possible that he's a better coach than his replacement.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Cavs are going down again. Hopefully they at least keep it close this time

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 23  Next