It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 3:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:50 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
long time guy wrote:
First year salaries are useless

long time guy wrote:
Crawford did take up a lot of the Knick cap when they signed him.

even if he were at 9 mil that would only put him above Shandon Anderson :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:52 am 

long time guy wrote:

He missed the playoffs the first 9 years of his career. I guess that means little in your convoluted basketball world. His Clipper career could never obscure that for me. Doc has been trying to trade him for the past 2-3 years. BEEN in the league 17 years an never been past the 2nd round. Loser in my book

yes we should hold it against him that he couldn't carry a Bulls team with Curry/Chandler/Fizer/etc.....and a Knicks team with Marbury, Penny, Allan Houston, etc for fucks sake

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:39 am 

Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:

He missed the playoffs the first 9 years of his career. I guess that means little in your convoluted basketball world. His Clipper career could never obscure that for me. Doc has been trying to trade him for the past 2-3 years. BEEN in the league 17 years an never been past the 2nd round. Loser in my book

yes we should hold it against him that he couldn't carry a Bulls team with Curry/Chandler/Fizer/etc.....and a Knicks team with Marbury, Penny, Allan Houston, etc for fucks sake

Stephon Marbury was a much better player than Jamal Crawford. I watched Ben Gordon play an instrumental role in leading a less talented Bulls team to the playoffs as a rookie. Crawford has been the 5th or 6th best player on all the playoff teams that he has played on. None of the teams in which he was viewed as an instrumental part have ever won more than 30 games. Kyrie Irving had a better record than he as a third year player playing with NBA castoffs and people on here were bashing the hell out of him. Crawford played with talented young players earlier and his career and he flopped like hell. He was part of the damn problem and it showed because they made the playoffs the first year that he was off the team.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:45 am 

so Crawford is a loser, but Marbury who forced a trade out of Minnesota because he was a bitch and couldn't stand being #2 to Garnett isn't ? He forced a trade to the Nets, who had a losing record every single season he was on the team, then win 50 games the year after he leaves :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:47 am 

Quote:
None of the teams in which he was viewed as an instrumental part have ever won more than 30 games

he's won 6th man of the year twice while being on the Clippers...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:48 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I think Lavine will be better than Crawford but getting Vinnie Johnson off the bench never hurts.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:00 am 

Bagels wrote:
Quote:
None of the teams in which he was viewed as an instrumental part have ever won more than 30 games

he's won 6th man of the year twice while being on the Clippers...

By Instrumental I'm talking first second or even third option. J.J. Redick is considered more valuable than Jamal Crawford. When Crawford first came to the Bulls they believed that he'd be an all star kind of guy. 6th man awards weren't really in the cards. He has made himself into a decent pro but his ceiling was thought to be much higher. I just always think of him as loser because of those first 9 years when teams were expecting him to be a focal point. He couldn't get it done.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
veganfan21 wrote:
Bagels wrote:
so much for that

They won 29 games last year and have won 28 so far with 15 or so to go. Finished 12 games behind the 8th seed last year and now they're 4 back with enough time left to make it interesting. I thought they'd do 500 but I guess a projected 5-7 game improvement over last year's record plus genuine competition for a playoff spot is overall a win for Thibs' first year. Not sure what the feeling is in Minnesota though.

:lol:

You're so full of shit. When the Bulls were looking like a possible playoff team, they'd be the most pathetic playoff team in history. The T Wolves, who are a worse team right now, are "in contention for the playoffs" and that's a win for Thibodeau. I hope you're beginning to realize why I said you're incapable of looking at the Bulls objectively.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:42 am 

FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Bagels wrote:
so much for that

They won 29 games last year and have won 28 so far with 15 or so to go. Finished 12 games behind the 8th seed last year and now they're 4 back with enough time left to make it interesting. I thought they'd do 500 but I guess a projected 5-7 game improvement over last year's record plus genuine competition for a playoff spot is overall a win for Thibs' first year. Not sure what the feeling is in Minnesota though.

:lol:

You're so full of shit. When the Bulls were looking like a possible playoff team, they'd be the most pathetic playoff team in history. The T Wolves, who are a worse team right now, are "in contention for the playoffs" and that's a win for Thibodeau. I hope you're beginning to realize why I said you're incapable of looking at the Bulls objectively.

Yep.

2016-2017 NBA Regular Season Conference Standings - National Basketball Association - ESPN
http://proxy.espn.com/nba/standings?sor ... WinPercent

List of Mighty Western Conf teams with less talent, worst coaching yet comparable or decidedly better records than the great Thibs.

Denver
Portland
New Orleans even without Boogie
Dallas. Have you seen that Roster?
Sacramento. Yes

No team on this list is farther than a game behind in wins and Denver is 4 games better. I'm sure Vegan predicted that before the season.

Thibs has underachiever this season no matter how you look at it. He sold the world a bill of goods.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:46 am 

Denver's got talent. Nikola Jokic is as good as any player on the T Wolves.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:55 am 

FavreFan wrote:

I'm sure no one saw them coming before the season. I also like Malone as a coach over the vaunted Thibs.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
FavreFan wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:00 pm 

Wolves currently in 12th place in the West. Philly is 1 back in the victory column despite the fact that their top two guys have been out for most of the season. Wolves top two guys have played the entire season also. I'm wondering exactly when the big Wolves explosion is scheduled to occur?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:00 pm 

Wolves currently in 12th place in the West. Philly is 1 back in the victory column despite the fact that their top two guys have been out for most of the season. Wolves top two guys have played the entire season also. I'm wondering exactly when the big Wolves explosion is scheduled to occur?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:27 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

Can't gif your way out of this one pal. Not this rip. Wolves are back to being blown out on the road. Currently 1 game up in the win column to the "lowly" sixers. 35 wins appears to be unattainable. Big time disappointment for Thibs shills.

Time for the No Thibs Zone to commence yet again.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:51 am 

long time guy wrote:

THIS IS THE FUCKING TIMBERWOLVES THREAD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:14 am 

Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:

THIS IS THE FUCKING TIMBERWOLVES THREAD

Thibs conversation is persona non grata. Its only acceptable to talk Wolves buckets when they go on a prolonged winning streak. For them that is 2 out of 3.

This season has been a disaster by any metric that a person wants to cite. Sacramento is also one back in the win column. How can that be given the fact that the Wolves have tremendous talent and top 2 NBA coach Thibs coaching? Did I mention the fact that Sacramento is coached by a 1st year coach. Can I also check off the Western Conf. box as a means of satisfying the future excusemaking of Vegan?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
This year was not best case scenario, but it isn't a disaster. Thibodeau cannot install the Thibodeau work ethic within the first year. The LaVine injury also does not help. And most importantly, Lance Stephenson was injured before he could really start gelling.

They make the playoffs in 2017-18.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:00 am 

IMU wrote:
This year was not best case scenario, but it isn't a disaster. Thibodeau cannot install the Thibodeau work ethic within the first year. The LaVine injury also does not help. And most importantly, Lance Stephenson was injured before he could really start gelling.

They are on pace to win about 33-34 games max. That wasn't what was predicted during the offseason. Lavine's injury on paper appears to be impactful but Rubio has played much better in his absence and their winning percentage has improved. When you look at the teams with similar records you find that they have had to endure more than Minnesota. Sacramento traded their best player and lost their second best player to injury and its record is similar. Towns and Wiggins have played the entire season been productive offensively yet Minnesota's record won't look much different than last season.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:08 am 

long time guy wrote:
Sacramento traded their best player and lost their second best player to injury and its record is similar.

Sacramento this year is another example of the Rudy Gay effect. When you subtract Gay from your team, you are always better. It's happened like 5 times in his career now.

This year with Gay the Kings won 33% of their games
Without Gay they have won 40% of their games.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:34 pm 

IMU wrote:

I've been a Thibs guy on this board since he was an assistant at Boston, but this season is pretty close to a disaster. He should've had this team a lot better than they are by now.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:00 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Thibs just needs to head to the college game and become a fucking legend.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:01 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Wolves have lost 17 games after leading by double digits. That is by far the most in the NBA.

Edit: May be 18 before the night is over. Being up by double digits in 41% of your losses and blowing it is a sign of a team that doesn't know how to win yet.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:11 pm 

It's not just not knowing how to win. Thibs offensive play calls particularly in crunch time are atrocious. They were down 3 with 35 seconds. Instead of going for the quick two he calls a play to get a 3. They are gaming for the 3 and San Antonio are running them off the line. They are jumping everyone and daring Minnesota to take the quick two. Minnesota eventually turns it over. He should have instructed his guys to take the quick because they weren't going to allow the 3. Isn't that what great coaches do?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
It's not just not knowing how to win. Thibs offensive play calls particularly in crunch time are atrocious. They were down 3 with 35 seconds. Instead of going for the quick two he calls a play to get a 3. They are gaming for the 3 and San Antonio are running them off the line. They are jumping everyone and daring Minnesota to take the quick two. Minnesota eventually turns it over. He should have instructed his guys to take the quick because they weren't going to allow the 3. Isn't that what great coaches do?

It wasn't play calling. The execution was terrible. Wiggins got a good look but missed. That wasn't the problem. Towns shooting a 30 footer because he wants to be the hero and Rubio throwing the ball away were the problem.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:19 pm 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:

It wasn't play calling. The execution was terrible. Wiggins got a good look but missed. That wasn't the problem. Towns shooting a 30 footer because he wants to be the hero and Rubio throwing the ball away were the problem.

The call was for a 3 point shot. They had an opportunity to attack the bucket but they were gaming for a 3 down 3 with thirty seconds. They didn't need a 3 in that situation. They could have took the quick two and stretched the game out by fouling. I saw at least 3 guys get run off the line. A great coach would have realized they were going to do that and had a counter.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen Home Run Inn Pizza
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:

The biggest problem the T-Wolves have right now is Wiggins. He's one of the most one dimensional players in the NBA. He's an awful defender, mediocre rebounder and a blackhole on offense with no discernible passing skills. Towns has developed into a dominant, unstoppable offensive player and a terrific rebounder as well. He's very flawed on the defensive end but he's only 21 and I expect him to improve. Towns should touch the ball on every possession but all too often I see Wiggins going one on one. As soon as he gets his hands on the ball he's decided he's putting up the shot, he has tunnel vision and its hurt this team.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:23 pm 

Powerhouse233 wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:

The biggest problem the T-Wolves have right now is Wiggins. He's one of the most one dimensional players in the NBA. He's an awful defender, mediocre rebounder and a blackhole on offense with no discernible passing skills. Towns has developed into a dominant, unstoppable offensive player and a terrific rebounder as well. He's very flawed on the defensive end but he's only 21 and I expect him to improve. Towns should touch the ball on every possession but all too often I see Wiggins going one on one. As soon as he gets his hands on the ball he's decided he's putting up the shot, he has tunnel vision and its hurt this team.

I mostly agree with you about Wiggins game but I'm not willing to go there as far as him being the biggest problem just yet.

It is obvious that Thibs trust him to take all of the big shots. Again wouldn't a great coach be able to see that Towns is the better option down the stretch? He specifically calls sets so that Wiggins can go one on one and take the not so patented step back shot.

Last edited by long time guy on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:

The call was for a 3 point shot. They had an opportunity to attack the bucket but they were gaming for a 3 down 3 with thirty seconds. They didn't need a 3 in that situation. They could have took the quick two and stretched the game out by fouling. I saw at least 3 guys get run off the line. A great coach would have realized they were going to do that and had a counter.

Okay

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next