It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:59 pm 

long time guy wrote:
He is out playing Irving but he doesn't have to guard Irving so the point is moot

Well at least you admitted he is out playing Irving.

The rest of your statement makes zero sense.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:03 pm 

RFDC wrote:
long time guy wrote:
He is out playing Irving but he doesn't have to guard Irving so the point is moot

I wonder how much basketball that some of you have played but it makes a big difference when you have to play defense. It may not matter when you're playing video game basketball but it matters in real life. When people say that stuff like that doesn't make sense then it's obvious they don't what they are talking about. Listen to any coach or commentator and they will say it does make a difference.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:04 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Curry: 32 points, 11 assists, 10 rebounds

Irving; 19 points, 7 assists, 2 rebounds

Dominated.

I think Durant frees Curry up a little, but yeah Steph is doing his thing in this series. Kyrie isn't playing like the stud we know he is.

Kyrie is good, he's not great. He's not the All NBA player Steph is(with or without Durant)

Why isn't Curry checking him?

He did MANY times tonight. You know this, which is why you are refusing to put your money where your mouth is.

You also lied and stated that Curry guarded him more than Thompson earlier. Would you like to make wager on that as well?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:07 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
It wasn't settled. They're currently playing eachother for another title. Through 4.5 quarters Curry is clearly the better player.

The better player is guarding J.R. Smith though he is the same size. Irving won a championship by dominating Curry.might actually win this one too. Cleveland will make this a series.

Curry is padding his stats with dumb fouls by Cleveland.

Not sure if youre watching but Curry has guarded Kyrie on over half the possessions so far

Would you like to wager on this statement? Let's cue the videotape for this as well. As the saying goes I will take that bet. Ian Clark guarded Irving more than Curry's scary gutless ass.

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:
You also lied and stated that Curry guarded him more than Thompson earlier. Would you like to make wager on that as well?

That was after the first quarter.

What do you mean by "as well"? You backed out of my initial wager offer because you're just spewing shit that isn't true and won't back it up once I called you out on it.

Your argument here is as ridiculous as saying Eli is better than Brady because he outplayed him in two games of their 15 year careers

To rock my soul

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
It wasn't settled. They're currently playing eachother for another title. Through 4.5 quarters Curry is clearly the better player.

The better player is guarding J.R. Smith though he is the same size. Irving won a championship by dominating Curry.might actually win this one too. Cleveland will make this a series.

Not sure if youre watching but Curry has guarded Kyrie on over half the possessions so far

Would you like to wager on this statement? Let's cue the videotape for this as well. As the saying goes I will take that bet. Ian Clark guarded Irving more than Curry's scary gutless ass.

Sure, I'll wager that statement was true at the time it was posted.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:08 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Sure, I'll wager that statement was true at the time it was posted.

It wasn't true in the first quarter either.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:10 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

That was after the first quarter.

What do you mean by "as well"? You backed out of my initial wager offer because you're just spewing shit that isn't true and won't back it up once I called you out on it.

Your argument here is as ridiculous as saying Eli is better than Brady because he outplayed him in two games of their 15 year careers

It's hard for their to be a matchup when there isn't a matchup. You even used the quite contradictory cross match excuse as a way to strengthen your argument.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:13 pm 

long time guy wrote:

It was, but none of this is really relevant. Every player in the NBA is going to guard different guys during one individual game. Curry isn't a good defensive player, but he's so good offensively that he makes up for it. It simply doesn't make sense to have him guard the best backcourt player from the other team when Klay is so great defensively. It's that simple. But even given that, Steph still guarded Kyrie on at least 20 possessions tonight.

And even though I've already established you are completely full of shit on this topic, this is also where I point out that two of your guys, Carmelo and Kyrie, are also two of the worst defensive players in the NBA at their position. And neither are even close to as good as Steph Curry is offensively.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:14 pm 

long time guy wrote:
It's hard for their to be a matchup when there isn't a matchup. You even used the quite contradictory cross match excuse as a way to strengthen your argument.

I didn't invent the term cross matching. If you are unfamiliar with it, I would advise googling it. You'll sound less foolish in these discussions.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:15 pm 

long time guy wrote:
RFDC wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I wonder how much basketball that some of you have played but it makes a big difference when you have to play defense. It may not matter when you're playing video game basketball but it matters in real life. When people say that stuff like that doesn't make sense then it's obvious they don't what they are talking about. Listen to any coach or commentator and they will say it does make a difference.

:lol: Where did you play your ball at?

Video game basketball...I havent played video game basketball since the days of double dribble.

Your continual assertion that a guy must guard a guy in order to out play him is crazy.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:24 pm 

https://twitter.com/ComplexSports/statu ... 0298749952

Lebron's mad :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:46 am 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

It was, but none of this is really relevant. Every player in the NBA is going to guard different guys during one individual game. Curry isn't a good defensive player, but he's so good offensively that he makes up for it. It simply doesn't make sense to have him guard the best backcourt player from the other team when Klay is so great defensively. It's that simple. But even given that, Steph still guarded Kyrie on at least 20 possessions tonight.

And even though I've already established you are completely full of shit on this topic, this is also where I point out that two of your guys, Carmelo and Kyrie, are also two of the worst defensive players in the NBA at their position. And neither are even close to as good as Steph Curry is offensively.

They are much better defensively which says more about Curry than it does them. Curry hasn't taken Irving since game 4 of last season's finals. If he is picking him up in transition or on a,switch then that's quite different than saying it's your guy. Thompson is taking Irving and it's quite obvious that he is.

This is turning in to a bunch of guys trying to make right because they were painfully wrong last year around this time. Let it go.

If Kyrie Irving were being guarded by Curry his performance would undoubtedly be better. Curry is much worse than Klay Thompson. Could gets to rest on defense. He is guarding a guy with more fouls than points in two games.

If Irving goes off I'm not going to say he is killing Curry because Curry isn't guarding him. There isn't any pressure on Curry. It's easy as hell to play basketball when there isn't any pressure to play defense.

Once Curry hides on defense because he can t guard the guy that effectively ends it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:53 am 

RFDC wrote:
long time guy wrote:
RFDC wrote:
long time guy wrote:

:lol: Where did you play your ball at?

Video game basketball...I havent played video game basketball since the days of double dribble.

Your continual assertion that a guy must guard a guy in order to out play him is crazy.

I didn't say outplay. Curry is out playing Irving but he isn't dominating him since he isnt checking him. That's like me saying James is dominating Draymond Green. He isn't being guarded by Draymond Green and he wasn't last year either.

Curry isn't guarding his position because he can't. All of this garbage about scheming and best way for them to win is stupid. Yeah it's the best way for them to win because if he had to guard Irving he may get 50 put on him.

Irving ended this but the people who were woefully wrong have to make right. It's done. Durant is the reason G.S. is up 2-0 not Curry with his scary non defense playing ads. He is fortunate to be surrounded by 3 very good defenders that cover for his overrated ass.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:22 am 

I think it is interesting how sports coverage has changed. Nearly all the coverage of these games makes it well known that Lebron was great(with his impressive 29 points) while getting blown out. I get the strong vibe that they want to write "Cavaliers who aren't Lebron James lose to the Warriors". I'm not even saying that isn't a fair way to view it but I just don't remember people saying that kind of stuff about Kobe, or Malone, or Reggie Miller. It's like they already came in and decided "If the Cavs lose this series we still need to appreciate the greatness of Lebron James in defeat".

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:52 am 

Anybody else see the brawl in the stands next to the player entrance as Lebron was leaving the court. ABC quickly cut away but you could clearly see it going down.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:13 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I think it is interesting how sports coverage has changed. Nearly all the coverage of these games makes it well known that Lebron was great(with his impressive 29 points) while getting blown out. I get the strong vibe that they want to write "Cavaliers who aren't Lebron James lose to the Warriors". I'm not even saying that isn't a fair way to view it but I just don't remember people saying that kind of stuff about Kobe, or Malone, or Reggie Miller. It's like they already came in and decided "If the Cavs lose this series we still need to appreciate the greatness of Lebron James in defeat".

it's just unusual to see the greatest player currently in the game get beat...Michael Jordan always won. Hakeem won the two years that he was arguably the best player in the NBA. And I do feel like I heard that narrative with Kobe...but not Malone or Reggie.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:15 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

You are on the money with this. There is an incessant need to always put James in the GOAT conversation. Meanwhile Durant is probably outplaying him or more than holding his own. Leonard did the same a few years ago. Won't blame James for the L but for him to be "the greatest" you see too much of guys holding their own with him. Iggy shut him down a few years ago too. This will be the third time that a guy that plays his position has won MVP during one of these finals. They don't win last season if Irving doesn't dominate Curry.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:20 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
City of Fools wrote:
I think Cleveland wins. LeBron is just going to be unstoppable, and I think this is his crest season. He's 32 and I think his body finally starts to give out, a la Oscar Robertson. I think Klay being in a funk, Curry having to guard Irving and a better Kevin Love all make a big difference.

wasn't he pretty much unstoppable last night?

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:26 am 

City of Fools wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

it's just unusual to see the greatest player currently in the game get beat...Michael Jordan always won. Hakeem won the two years that he was arguably the best player in the NBA. And I do feel like I heard that narrative with Kobe...but not Malone or Reggie.
Well, Lebron has been beaten in the Finals a lot. :lol:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

You are on the money with this. There is an incessant need to always put James in the GOAT conversation. Meanwhile Durant is probably outplaying him or more than holding his own. Leonard did the same a few years ago. Won't blame James for the L but for him to be "the greatest" you see too much of guys holding their own with him. Iggy shut him down a few years ago too. This will be the third time that a guy that plays his position has won MVP during one of these finals. They don't win last season if Irving doesn't dominate Curry.
I don't think there is a question that Durant is outplaying him through two games.

For as great as Lebron is, his big problem seems to be that he lacks the ability to choose when to dominate the game in the scoring column. If they are this outmatched he should at least be leading the game in scoring.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:30 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Well, Lebron has been beaten in the Finals a lot. :lol:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I don't think there is a question that Durant is outplaying him through two games.

For as great as Lebron is, his big problem seems to be that he lacks the ability to choose when to dominate the game in the scoring column. If they are this outmatched he should at least be leading the game in scoring.

James isn't a natural scorer. He isn't a give him the ball and get out the way kind of guy. He doesn't have what guys on the playground used to call "shit". He obviously can score but he isn't a pure scorer and never has been. I think where he needs to step it up is with the defense on Durant. James has always been regarded as an elite defender but i've never really seen him lock guys up. He needs to slow down Durant for them to have a shot.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:37 am 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
I think Cleveland wins. LeBron is just going to be unstoppable, and I think this is his crest season. He's 32 and I think his body finally starts to give out, a la Oscar Robertson. I think Klay being in a funk, Curry having to guard Irving and a better Kevin Love all make a big difference.

wasn't he pretty much unstoppable last night?

I'm not sure why they don't get him into more pick and rolls where Curry or ZaZa or somebody else of questionable defensive ability gets switched onto him.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
LeBron looks frustrated on the court, and it seems to be affecting his defensive effort. He scored 29 points, but his team clearly needed him to do more. When he gets frustrated he plays more passively. Happened in 2011, and LeBron is clearly frustrated now.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:51 am 

long time guy wrote:
[. James has always been regarded as an elite defender but i've never really seen him lock guys up. .

I remember a guy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:58 am 

good dolphin wrote:
long time guy wrote:
[. James has always been regarded as an elite defender but i've never really seen him lock guys up. .

I remember a guy

He didn't check Rose for an entire game. Few plays in the 4th quarter and Rose settled. I remember an over the hill Jason Terry going right at him and trying to dunk him in the very next series. Rose should have done the same thing. No way he could have remained in front of Rose.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:26 am 

long time guy wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I remember a guy

He didn't check Rose for an entire game. Few plays in the 4th quarter and Rose settled. I remember an over the hill Jason Terry going right at him and trying to dunk him in the very next series. Rose should have done the same thing. No way he could have remained in front of Rose.

I recall Rose getting past LeBron several times in a Bulls Cavs first round series.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:33 am 

SAD

ltg schooled you all last year in the Finals with his superior basketball knowledge and it's like you guys waited for a year just hoping for this.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:35 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Great post!

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

"I don’t care about you; I just want your vote.”
Trump '24

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:37 am 

long time guy wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I remember a guy

Yeah, Derrick gave up rather easily. It was only a few possessions and he started just taking jump shots. I remember being incredibly irritated. If you look at the video, Derrick started the possessions on the wing every time instead of taking LeBron out to the center circles and trying to work on him without the sideline acting as an extra defender.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:20 pm 

Hockey Gay wrote:
SAD

ltg schooled you all last year in the Finals with his superior basketball knowledge and it's like you guys waited for a year just hoping for this.

To the point where a myriad of bad fouls and wide open 3's constitute "dominance".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 23  Next