It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 12:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: Gigio's in Des Plaines
Bagels wrote:
whiskey dick wrote:
I rarely ever frequent/lurk in the NBA forums

please keep it that way

You're a sensitive little bitch.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Warriors in 5 just don't like the way Cleveland matches up will GS.....shit they lost 2 to Toronto!

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:04 am 

I have no idea, I guess the Warriors.

Great Matchup for the casual fan though (ABC execs are still doing coke right now from last nights win). Ill probably watch most of the games.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:09 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
whiskey dick wrote:
Bagels wrote:
whiskey dick wrote:

please keep it that way

says the guy calling people names on a message board.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Gigio's in Des Plaines
Hussra wrote:
whiskey dick wrote:
Bagels wrote:
whiskey dick wrote:

please keep it that way

says the guy calling people names on a message board.

I'm pretty sure that's what message boards are for, though.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
You can make great cases for and against both teams, imo.

So have you changed your opinion on Cleveland?

Earlier in the season you told me they had zero chance of taking out the Warriors in the playoffs.

Im not Elmhurst Steve. I don't move the goal posts when I'm wrong. I've already admitted I was wrong about the Warriors clearly this past series even though they still won. Of course there's a chance I'm wrong on the Finals too. LeBron hates the Warriors more than any team since the KG Celtics, so I'm confident he's going to have a great series. He's gonna win a game or two. For the two main reasons I cited in my earlier post, I'm still taking Golden State. They don't have the backcourt to stop Curry and Klay.

Nah gotta disagree. You admitted you were wrong only after Golden State was down 3-1. You referred to Game 1 as a fluke. Admitting you're wrong only after being left without any other options isn't really admitting you're wrong.

This is a stupid post. My original prediction was Golden State would win the series in 5 games, and you wanted me to admit I was wrong after a game 1 loss?

When I am wrong, I admit it. Please stop suggesting otherwise.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:30 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Kyrie Irving is the most offensively skilled point guard in the league.

Quite possibly the most silly NBA thing you ever posted.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
long time guy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
I've said it before...if Irving and Love are on the court a ton, the Cavs defense will struggle. They kept pace in the Finals last year by keeping a great defensive team on the floor (say what you will about Delly but he abused Curry on D at times) plus Shumpert played out of his mind offensively to compliment his D. J.R. Smith also played well...they will now try and match up offensively with the Warriors. It could go sideways quickly.

I remember J.R. Smith being off against the Warriors. Delladova played well early then faded late. They won't be able to hide Curry on J.R. its going to hurt them. he is much better offensively than Robertson. He will be able to rest against Shumpert and Delladova though. I expect Irving will check Curry even with his defensive limitations. Draemond Green was exposed against OKC. The notion that he is an elite player was thoroughly disproved in the last series and I am a fan.

No on the first, at least not at the beginning. Same for Matty. Again, that's why they were competitive and it went to six. So you think Love will guard who? Irving, who?

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:53 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
GS in 6 ...the refs get the cavs a win they shouldn't get...

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 5:03 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You were so thoroughly discredited during the last series that any opinion that you promote should immediately be viewed with skepticism. It's not just that you were wrong, you were way off. It's not that important to be wrong on a message board but stop with silly pronouncement like denunciations all time. Too much "and that's the bottom line cause farve fan said so" spiel.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 5:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
I'm hoping this series of better than the OKC V GSW. That was pretty shitty.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 5:09 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
I've said it before...if Irving and Love are on the court a ton, the Cavs defense will struggle. They kept pace in the Finals last year by keeping a great defensive team on the floor (say what you will about Delly but he abused Curry on D at times) plus Shumpert played out of his mind offensively to compliment his D. J.R. Smith also played well...they will now try and match up offensively with the Warriors. It could go sideways quickly.

I remember J.R. Smith being off against the Warriors. Delladova played well early then faded late. They won't be able to hide Curry on J.R. its going to hurt them. he is much better offensively than Robertson. He will be able to rest against Shumpert and Delladova though. I expect Irving will check Curry even with his defensive limitations. Draemond Green was exposed against OKC. The notion that he is an elite player was thoroughly disproved in the last series and I am a fan.

No on the first, at least not at the beginning. Same for Matty. Again, that's why they were competitive and it went to six. So you think Love will guard who? Irving, who?

Love will check Green and Irving will take Curry. I hope it stays that way throughout the series but I think they will switch Shumpert and Delladova unto him. I think they will Irving and Della dova together some and switch him off of him. I hope they dont. I love the individual match up part of the NBA. There will be some during this series.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 5:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Can't wait to see who win the "Totally Unnecessary Yelling" Championship.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 5:28 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You were so thoroughly discredited during the last series that any opinion that you promote should immediately be viewed with skepticism. It's not just that you were wrong, you were way off.

:lol:

This is why I don't mind you. Posts like these are gold. To recap, I said GS would win in 5 and it wouldn't be a close series. GS won in 7, and it was a close series. Being off by two games and underestimating the Thunder means any future NBA opinion I share should be discredited. You're awesome.

Quote:
It's not that important to be wrong on a message board but stop with silly pronouncement like denunciations all time. Too much "and that's the bottom line cause farve fan said so" spiel.

But yeah, you can cut this shit out. You, I, and most people here share opinions in a declarative fashion. Of course we think our opinions are right. Otherwise, they wouldn't be our opinions. That's how it works.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 5:36 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You were so thoroughly discredited during the last series that any opinion that you promote should immediately be viewed with skepticism. It's not just that you were wrong, you were way off.

This is why I don't mind you. Posts like these are gold. To recap, I said GS would win in 5 and it wouldn't be a close series. GS won in 7, and it was a close series. Being off by two games and underestimating the Thunder means any future NBA opinion I share should be discredited. You're awesome.

Quote:
It's not that important to be wrong on a message board but stop with silly pronouncement like denunciations all time. Too much "and that's the bottom line cause farve fan said so" spiel.

But yeah, you can cut this shit out. You, I, and most people here share opinions in a declarative fashion. Of course we think our opinions are right. Otherwise, they wouldn't be our opinions. That's how it works.

You touted the greatness of the Spurs all season too.

It's not just that you were off. You missed by a mile. Anyone that knows the NBA knows OKC had the talent to play with G.S. I called it earlier in the season and you attempted to discredit me then too.
"Fluke" "win only if Stephen Curry has a bad game" won't be competitive all disproved. It came down to the last minute of game 7. OKC was almost the equal of G.S and you had the series as a rout.

You also stated that they may win a game if Curry is off. Hardly sounds like a definitive one game prediction to me. For the record the eye test suggested that they were as talented as G.S.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 5:39 pm 

I've touted the greatness of the Spurs on this board since 2007. They had a great season once again.

The rest of your post is a bunch of nothing that I already rebutted.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 5:45 pm 

I've digressed too much. Isaiah Thomas, Greg Anthony, Kenny Smith have all marveled at the skill set of Kyrie Irving yet in your world it's silly to think that he has the most complete skill set of any point guard in the league. Mind you that you couldn't provide reasons as to why he doesn't. At the very least it's still not silly to think that.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 5:48 pm 

long time guy wrote:
I've digressed too much. Isaiah Thomas, Greg Anthony, Kenny Smith have all marveled at the skill set of Kyrie Irving yet in your world it's silly to think that he has the most complete skill set of any point guard in the league. Mind you that you couldn't provide reasons as to why he doesn't. At the very least it's still not silly to think that.

Steph Curry is arguably the best offensive player in the history of the NBA. Kyrie is a very talented offensive PG who might be the 2nd best offensive PG in the league, but there are no stats, metrics, eye test, whatever that suggests he's even on the same planet as Steph when it comes to scoring prowess.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 5:56 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Steph Curry is arguably the best offensive player in the history of the NBA. Kyrie is a very talented offensive PG who might be the 2nd best offensive PG in the league, but there are no stats, metrics, eye test, whatever that suggests he's even on the same planet as Steph when it comes to scoring prowess.

No he is not. He has had a helluva 2 year run and the only thing he does better is shoot. He doesn't have the handle of Irving nor the pull up game nor can he finish like Irving. As Jeff Van Gundy has correctly stated, Irving is as offensively gifted as any point in the league. Also stated that he doesn't have to take a back seat to anyone.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 6:01 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

No he is not. He has had a helluva 2 year run and the only thing he does better is shoot. He doesn't have the handle of Irving nor the pull up game nor can he finish like Irving. As Jeff Van Gundy has correctly stated, Irving is as offensively gifted as any point in the league. Also stated that he doesn't have to take a back seat to anyone.

Jeff Van Gundy is wrong. Again, every possible statistic that you can come up with will back me up on this. Steph has just as good of ball handling skills as Kyrie, and is a much better mid range shooter as well. A glance at their shooting spray charts will back this up. Irving might be a better finisher, but Steph is pretty awesome at that too, and he's so much better at shooting 3 pointers that it makes comparing them as scorers just silly. When Irving starts averaging 30 ppg with some of the most efficient true shooting percentages ever recorded, then you can compare them.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 6:48 pm 

City of Fools wrote:

Didn't you also say that OKC was going to beat GS?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:49 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Jeff Van Gundy is wrong. Again, every possible statistic that you can come up with will back me up on this. Steph has just as good of ball handling skills as Kyrie, and is a much better mid range shooter as well. A glance at their shooting spray charts will back this up. Irving might be a better finisher, but Steph is pretty awesome at that too, and he's so much better at shooting 3 pointers that it makes comparing them as scorers just silly. When Irving starts averaging 30 ppg with some of the most efficient true shooting percentages ever recorded, then you can compare them.

I actually am very comfortable comparing them right now. Be careful with the Stat game. Russell Westbrook demonstrated that he was a better player last series. Didn't need stats to see that. Last finals Irving outplayed Curry in the one game he played. It was on one leg too. And he guarded Curry. I remember Curry ducking that game too.

Kyrie Irving was also regarded as the better player when both played on that International team too. Remember it's silly to suggest that his skill set is better though.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:52 pm 

long time guy wrote:
I actually am very comfortable comparing them right now. Be careful with the Stat game. Russell Westbrook demonstrated that he was a better player last series. Didn't need stats to see that. Last finals Irving outplayed Curry in the one game he played. It was on one leg too. And he guarded Curry. I remember Curry ducking that game too.

Kyrie Irving was also regarded as the better player when both played on that International team too. Remember it's silly to suggest that his skill set is better though.

Pretty much none of this is true.

Edit: the last sentence is true. The rest is crap.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:59 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Pretty much none of this is true.

Edit: the last sentence is true. The rest is crap.

1. He outplayed Curry during the one finals Game he played in. He also was injured. Fact

2. He was the better player during FIBA the year both played. Irving was MVP. Fact.

3. Westbrook clearly demonstrated that he was better last series. Once Curry was taken off of him that ended the debate. Fact

Simply stating that something isn't true without ever providing anything in the way of supporting details makes for a weak argument.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:14 pm 

Yep you're right. It's just silly to think that his skill set is better.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=w ... tLsLjgngow

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:25 pm 

This is such a dumb argument. Kyrie Irving is not as good of an offensive player as Steph Curry. You wonder why people make declarative statements, and it's because you posit ridiculous opinions like this.

Steph Curry: 30.1 PPG. 31.5 PER. .669 TS%. 13.8 OWS

Kyrie: 19.6 PPG, 19.9 PER, .540 TS%, 3.2 OWS

The eye test is important, and stats don't tell you the whole story. We agree on this. But you must be blind if your eye test tells you Irving is a better offensive player than Steph Curry. As I said, Irving isn't close to him.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:31 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
This is such a dumb argument. Kyrie Irving is not as good of an offensive player as Steph Curry. You wonder why people make declarative statements, and it's because you posit ridiculous opinions like this.

Steph Curry: 30.1 PPG. 31.5 PER. .669 TS%. 13.8 OWS

Kyrie: 19.6 PPG, 19.9 PER, .540 TS%, 3.2 OWS

The eye test is important, and stats don't tell you the whole story. We agree on this. But you must be blind if your eye test tells you Irving is a better offensive player than Steph Curry. As I said, Irving isn't close to him.

My statement was complete skill set. Stats have little to do with that. As usual spin job is at work. Some of this stuff would be libelous the way that you and others fabricate stuff.

To bring up shooting statistics is fallacious because I have conceded that. Irving also started slow after coming off injury so his avg would be lower.

I just provided evidence for my argument. Most of Curry's work was done against Delly and it is pretty obvious that Irving's skills are equal if not better than Curry's. And it's on a hobbled leg no less. You can decide for yourself.

To bring up stats when it's not warranted is the ridiculous part.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:35 pm 

long time guy wrote:
it is pretty obvious that Irving's skills are equal if not better than Curry's. And it's on a hobbled leg no less. You can decide for yourself.

You are talking about them like they are 19 year old prospects. Both are veteran all stars. If Kyrie Irving's skill set produces the stats I laid out, then it's not close to Steph's skill set. No matter how you want to spin this, you are wrong.

Just hilarious how quick you were to shoot down all the stats that show just how fucking dumb your opinion on this is.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
RFDC wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Didn't you also say that OKC was going to beat GS?

No, KS.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:43 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
it is pretty obvious that Irving's skills are equal if not better than Curry's. And it's on a hobbled leg no less. You can decide for yourself.

You are talking about them like they are 19 year old prospects. Both are veteran all stars. If Kyrie Irving's skill set produces the stats I laid out, then it's not close to Steph's skill set. No matter how you want to spin this, you are wrong.

Just hilarious how quick you were to shoot down all the stats that show just how fucking dumb your opinion on this is.

I conceded the shooting stuff in the beginning so you are sort of preaching to the choir. Irvings stats will always be suppressed he plays with LeBron James. He has also had explosive games during his career.

You stated "eye test" too. Well I just provided it and you immediately dismissed it as you did the opinions of experts, 3 of which also played the same position. That's how dumb your opinion is on this.

Last edited by long time guy on Tue May 31, 2016 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next