It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 3:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 447 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jimmy Butler watch
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:35 pm 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
IF they can get Ingram from the Lakers the Wolves will be winning.

Ingram and Kuzma for Butler and the 16th pick they received from the Bulls. That pick has proven to be extremely valuable.

He has broken both feet.

I know. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:37 pm 

Butler wants to go to the Clippers, Nets, or Knicks. Jimmy really is a dope.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
schmitty1121 wrote:
Butler wants to go to the Clippers, Nets, or Knicks. Jimmy really is a dope.

He's a really good player but he's not a first tier guy. He doesn't have the same pull.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
so happy this guy is gone. Chicago media just won't stop talking about him though.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/stat ... 7392616448

:lol:

Wolves are gonna slide back to a 30 win team without him

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:45 pm 
100000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1042476887392616448

Not quite. Having guys like Taj and Deng there will actually help the Wolves. Butler's diva crap will become cancerous.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:47 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1042476887392616448

They were well on their way to being a 50-55 win team had they never traded for him in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
You both will eventually realize Towns and Wiggins aren’t winners.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:52 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Neither is Butler.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:43 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Neither is Butler.

This request by Buckets is all about the dough. The Nets, Knicks, and Clippers all will have enough cap space to max him out in July. So much for wanting to win.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Neither is Butler.

This request by Buckets is all about the dough. The Nets, Knicks, and Clippers all will have enough cap space to max him out in July. So much for wanting to win.

AGREED!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:49 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Plain and simple, dude(along with Thibs) has been a fraud for a while now. Props to both LTG and myself for being earlier adopters on this. We will take your "thank yous" and apologies at the door.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Caller Bob wrote:
Plain and simple, dude(along with Thibs) has been a fraud for a while now. Props to both LTG and myself for being earlier adopters on this. We will take your "thank yous" and apologies at the door.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:56 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Jbi11s wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Can't believe Thibs has to schlep all the way to Hell-Eh to kowtow before Butler, esp considering training camps begin in a few days. Minnesota can't be that bad, especially this time of year. Heck, bear hunting season started September 1st, with pheasant and wild turkey seasons right around the corner.

But then if the rumors about Thibs are true, he might welcome the chance to get his Grindr on in West LA.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Butler, Porzingis, and Kyrie?

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Be a very Knicks thing to do to gather all the best players with the worst knees on one roster.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:22 pm 

It was stupid to trade for Butler in the first place. GarPax knew that they weren't going to max him out that is why they traded him. Thibs should not have traded for him knowing that Karl Anthony Towns was due for a max contract. Wiggins was due for a big contract. Made no sense. Stay young develop the young guys and decide which ones are keepers and trade the ones that aren't.

They were set up sweet with the young talent they possessed but now they have to deal Butler or the trade to get him would have been for naught.

Thibs has some terrible contracts (Dieng, Teague, Wiggins) already on his books and what he has demonstrated is that he doesn't know the league well enough to fill out his roster.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:31 pm 

Of the 3 teams on his list the Knicks possess the best in terms of trade bait. If the Knicks offer Kevin Knox, Mudiay (prefer him) or the point guard from France and a 1st rounder then Thibs had better jump.

Nets don't really have anything. Bunch of young D League caliber players sprinkled in with never was veterans.

Clippers have Thibs type guys in Bradley, Patrick, Tobias Harris etc and if he makes a deal for Butler it is there with which he'd go.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:35 pm 
100000 CLUB

They would have lost Wiggins or Lavine regardless and wanted to make the playoffs last year. Maybe losing both and not trading for Butler would have been best.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:37 pm 

long time guy wrote:
It was stupid to trade for Butler in the first place. GarPax knew that they weren't going to max him out that is why they traded him. Thibs should not have traded for him knowing that Karl Anthony Towns was due for a max contract. Wiggins was due for a big contract. Made no sense. Stay young develop the young guys and decide which ones are keepers and trade the ones that aren't.

They were set up sweet with the young talent they possessed but now they have to deal Butler or the trade to get him would have been for naught.

Thibs has some terrible contracts (Dieng, Teague, Wiggins) already on his books and what he has demonstrated is that he doesn't know the league well enough to fill out his roster.

Oh great ltg who would you fill out the Wolves roster with? Lot of under achievers in this organization

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:43 pm 

Nas wrote:
They would have lost Wiggins or Lavine regardless and wanted to make the playoffs last year. Maybe losing both and not trading for Butler would have been best.

Lavine signed for Teague money and he overpaid for Wiggins. He could have traded them before they were due up. They weren't max guys and he didn't have to pay them as such. Lavine's injury was a blessing as it decreased his value.

The only guy that was a bonafide Max guy was Towns. Draft Markannen develop him and if he turns out then you build around he and Towns. It would have been easy to trade the other guys.

Thibs didn't need to make the playoffs in year 2. He simply needed to show improvement and with that roster it was doable. When you look at the players he gave away to be an 8 seed. Damn was that dumb.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:44 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Oh great ltg who would you fill out the Wolves roster with? Lot of under achievers in this organization

I just told you. Still want that Philly-Minn bet? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:49 pm 

He is paying Gourgui Dieng Nearly 16 mil per year and you mean to tell me there would not have been money for Zach Lavine and guys like Dunn?
This dude is in over his damn skis and I called it 3 Years ago.

He is out after this year i think.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:52 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

Lavine signed for Teague money and he overpaid for Wiggins. He could have traded them before they were due up. They weren't max guys and he didn't have to pay them as such. Lavine's injury was a blessing as it decreased his value.

The only guy that was a bonafide Max guy was Towns. Draft Markannen develop him and if he turns out then you build around he and Towns. It would have been easy to trade the other guys.

Thibs didn't need to make the playoffs in year 2. He simply needed to show improvement and with that roster it was doable. When you look at the players he gave away to be an 8 seed. Damn was that dumb.

Lavine got $80M and Teague got $50M. Before last season most "experts" thought Wiggins was a max guy. Clearly he isn't. I'm not a fan of Lavine but I would take him and his salary every day over Wiggins.

How dumb or arrogant is Butler? He's damn near a decade older than Towns and he really thought a team would choose him over Towns.

They were a Butler injury from the 3rd seed. In hindsight you're right.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:55 pm 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

Lavine got $80M and Teague got $50M. Before last season most "experts" thought Wiggins was a max guy. Clearly he isn't. I'm not a fan of Lavine but I would take him and his salary every day over Wiggins.

How dumb or arrogant is Butler? He's damn near a decade older than Towns and he really thought a team would choose him over Towns.

They were a Butler injury from the 3rd seed. In hindsight you're right.

Lavine and Teague's avg per year is the same. That's what matters. Very few teams would have given Wiggins 30 per and it isn't hindsight as I called it at the time. I always believed the Bulls won the trade and I always understood why they bounced him.

Every team has injuries. Denver makes the playoffs if their key guys don't get hurt. Pelicans lost Cousins who was a better player than Butler and they still ended up with a better record.

Wolves were healthy relatively speaking. Neither Towns nor Wiggins have missed a game since turning pro. Teague healthy Taj healthy.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:59 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I'll take the Young Fultz bet :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:02 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I need 2 metrics before i agree to deal. Young is going to flop but he is on a shitty team so he may put up meaningless #s.

I have a bet that I'm thinking about and its one of my patented "hell yeah I'm going there moves". Will let you know once it gets close to the season.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:24 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I need 2 metrics before i agree to deal. Young is going to flop but he is on a shitty team so he may put up meaningless #s.

I have a bet that I'm thinking about and its one of my patented "hell yeah I'm going there moves". Will let you know once it gets close to the season.

I have to agree on YOUR metrics

I'm out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 447 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next