It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 1:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 21  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 9:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Nas wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
https://www.theringer.com/platform/amp/nba/2018/5/29/17406750/bryan-colangelo-philadelphia-76ers-twitter-joel-embiid-anonymous-markelle-fultz

Colangelo shockingly acting like a clown. I wonder if his use of Twitter aliases though makes Philadelphia more attractive to Durant.

That's a really odd thing to do for someone in his position.

I'm a big fan of the theory that Hinkie was the one who sent the initial tip since he's been involved in AI and machine learning.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 9:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
ZephMarshack wrote:
Nas wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
https://www.theringer.com/platform/amp/nba/2018/5/29/17406750/bryan-colangelo-philadelphia-76ers-twitter-joel-embiid-anonymous-markelle-fultz

Colangelo shockingly acting like a clown. I wonder if his use of Twitter aliases though makes Philadelphia more attractive to Durant.

That's a really odd thing to do for someone in his position.

I'm a big fan of the theory that Hinkie was the one who sent the initial tip since he's been involved in AI and machine learning.

That makes sense.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:01 pm 

I'm not sure what my favorite part of this story is. His defenses of his own collars, his dislike of Beyonce, the bizarre shirtless Embiid Tweet, there's just so much to choose from. I thought Colangelo was just a run-of-the-mill crappy GM benefiting from nepotism, but I was quite wrong.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
That is truly a bizarre story.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
ZephMarshack wrote:
I'm not sure what my favorite part of this story is. His defenses of his own collars, his dislike of Beyonce, the bizarre shirtless Embiid Tweet, there's just so much to choose from. I thought Colangelo was just a run-of-the-mill crappy GM benefiting from nepotism, but I was quite wrong.

Nothing like his dad. This was probably leaked by the Lakers though. The timing is suspicious and Philadelphia is clearly a better choice for any free agent.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 12:04 am 

Sounds like Windhorst might be next: https://twitter.com/WillBurge/status/10 ... 9903718400

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 2:55 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Its humiliating but I get it. Especially if Windhorst has one.

I'd imagine if you spent a significant amount of time participating in the normal social media feeding cycle you'd almost need a burner account with which to shit on people. If you've got the checkmark you are never allowed to say what you really want to say, unless its some Trump conspiracy nonsense or "BREAKING: Kevin White feels "good" about his thrice surgically repaired ankle". Just to maintain sanity you'd need an outlet. How many retarded things do these media people tweet every day? If you're a coworker you know you cant publically attack them for it, but damn if you're spending 16 hours a day on your phone that's your world man.

And leaking untrue information to the media has been a Kenny Williams tactic for like 15 years now.

Durant's gaffe is still really sad and pathetic though.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 11:18 am 

Reddit now theorizing at least one of the accounts was Jerry Colangelo rather than Bryan.

Also I listened to that Burge podcast and he was referring to Cleveland blowhard Tony Rizzo, not Windhorst unfortunately. The best part though is when he's telling the story of Rizzo's burner accounts he refers to 2011 when sports talk radio message boards were still a thing :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:35 pm 

Looks like may be major players in the Kawhi sweepstakes. If S.A. is willing to take this package Philly had better move fast.

Watchout World 2018-2019 edition.

http://amp.si.com/nba/2018/06/28/kawhi- ... ics-lakers

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:44 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I am not watching closely but on the score this morning they said Kahwai is in no way signing away free agency with whoever trades for him. Doesn’t that severely drop the trade price?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:23 pm 

pittmike wrote:
I am not watching closely but on the score this morning they said Kahwai is in no way signing away free agency with whoever trades for him. Doesn’t that severely drop the trade price?

May be why Philly can get him for a lowball offer. That 2021 Miami pick is potentially a valuable piece. They may be shitty as hell at that point.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
long time guy wrote:
Looks like may be major players in the Kawhi sweepstakes. If S.A. is willing to take this package Philly had better move fast.

Better hope Leonard doesn't throw a fit over not being traded to L.A.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:23 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I'm not feeling the L.A. by James and Leonard. Are those 2 surrounded by a bunch of unproven guys enough to contend in the West. Lebron makes Kawhi a worse player because he (Lebron) is quite possibly the most ball dominant guy in the league. L.A. also doesn't have any shooting on its roster. Lebron has to be surrounded by that.

Last edited by long time guy on Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I'm not feeling the L.A. by James and Leonard. Are those surrounded by a bunch of unproven guys enough to contend in the West. Lebron makes Kawhi a worse player because he (Lebron) is quite possibly the most ball dominant guy in the league. L.A. also doesn't have any shooting on its roster. Lebron has to be surrounded by that.

Yes the first and second best player in the world are enough to contend in the West

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:33 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I'm not feeling the L.A. by James and Leonard. Are those surrounded by a bunch of unproven guys enough to contend in the West. Lebron makes Kawhi a worse player because he (Lebron) is quite possibly the most ball dominant guy in the league. L.A. also doesn't have any shooting on its roster. Lebron has to be surrounded by that.

Yes the first and second best player in the world are enough to contend in the West

Kawhi Leonard isn't the second best player in the world and You still have an aging Lebron James. Western Conf is a different animal. You aren't winning anything with just 2 guys. Sorry pal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Kawhi Leonard isn't the second best player in the world and You still have an aging Lebron James. Western Conf is a different animal. You aren't winning anything with just 2 guys. Sorry pal

He is. When healthy he was single handledly taking on and beating the Durant Warriors. Look it up.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:02 am 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
long time guy wrote:

He is. When healthy he was single handledly taking on and beating the Durant Warriors. Look it up.

One game does not a series make. Secondly a team overwhelmingly built around an aging Lebron and Kawhi has a 1-2 year window for winning anything.

Philly is much better suited for a sustained run.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:33 pm 

http://amp.si.com/nba/2018/06/28/kawhi- ... ics-lakers[/quote]

Better hope Leonard doesn't throw a fit over not being traded to L.A.[/quote]

I'm not feeling the L.A. by James and Leonard. Are those surrounded by a bunch of unproven guys enough to contend in the West. Lebron makes Kawhi a worse player because he (Lebron) is quite possibly the most ball dominant guy in the league. L.A. also doesn't have any shooting on its roster. Lebron has to be surrounded by that.[/quote]
Yes the first and second best player in the world are enough to contend in the West[/quote]

Kawhi Leonard isn't the second best player in the world and You still have an aging Lebron James. Western Conf is a different animal. You aren't winning anything with just 2 guys. Sorry pal[/quote]
He is. When healthy he was single handledly taking on and beating the Durant Warriors. Look it up.[/quote]

One game does not a series make. Secondly a team overwhelmingly built around an aging Lebron and Kawhi has a 1-2 year window for winning anything.

Philly is much better suited for a sustained run.[/quote]
see The Celtics

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Might need to pump the breaks a bit on Ben Simmons HOF induction. Was just listening to Joel Meyers on NBA radio and he was openly questioning Simmons' work ethic and his love of the game of basketball. Was wondering if Simmons has been in the gym at all working out this summer. Seems to be on TMZ every night.

This isn't the first time a red flag has popped up on Ben. At LSU, the whole team turned on him and wouldn''t even pass him the ball. At the time I blamed the team, thought they were jealous of Simmons' talent, but now looking back maybe there was more to it behind the scenes. Antonio Blackney was on that team and he was one of the guys who wouldn't give the ball to Simmons.

Last year watching him play something about his personality kinda rubbed me the wrong way. Couldn't really put a finger on it, but something about him seems "off".

Now to hear this about his work ethic and love of the game I'm wondering if this guy is ever going to reach his potential or develop a reliable jumper outside 3 feet. He was a total dud in the playoff series vs Boston, think he even had 1pt in the final game (or one of the games).

So before we start calling this guy the next great one, let's pump the breaks a bit and see if he shows any improvement this year.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:31 pm 

shakes wrote:
Might need to pump the breaks a bit on Ben Simmons HOF induction. Was just listening to Joel Meyers on NBA radio and he was openly questioning Simmons' work ethic and his love of the game of basketball. Was wondering if Simmons has been in the gym at all working out this summer. Seems to be on TMZ every night.

This isn't the first time a red flag has popped up on Ben. At LSU, the whole team turned on him and wouldn''t even pass him the ball. At the time I blamed the team, thought they were jealous of Simmons' talent, but now looking back maybe there was more to it behind the scenes. Antonio Blackney was on that team and he was one of the guys who wouldn't give the ball to Simmons.

Last year watching him play something about his personality kinda rubbed me the wrong way. Couldn't really put a finger on it, but something about him seems "off".

Now to hear this about his work ethic and love of the game I'm wondering if this guy is ever going to reach his potential or develop a reliable jumper outside 3 feet. He was a total dud in the playoff series vs Boston, think he even had 1pt in the final game (or one of the games).

So before we start calling this guy the next great one, let's pump the breaks a bit and see if he shows any improvement this year.

Blasphemer :lol:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:56 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
shakes wrote:

Blasphemer :lol:

You are so desperate to be correct about something for once that you've resorted to jumping on the bandwagon of the fool that persists in telling everyone how great Lonzo Ball happens to be.

Good luck with that

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:12 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
This really isn't debatable at this point.

you're not one much for debate anyway. Suits just fine.

Ok Stephen Douglas Ben Simmons is the real deal...you watch any LSU games ??? He's got no outside game...the will be in the finals....never

You probably say that about every team in the league. Bitter pill for a bitter man once someone actually screws up the theory by making it.

I'm not bitter...seeing a Pro team tank and not be any better makes me bitter....if you think they have better young talent than the T Wolves you are wrong...and even in your convoluted mind they are I don't see them contending for a long time....I'm not bitter I'm realistic

This is one of Walt's original statements on the matter. This is of course before all of the numerous backpedals and revisions started occurring.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:16 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
This really isn't debatable at this point.

you're not one much for debate anyway. Suits just fine.

Ok Stephen Douglas Ben Simmons is the real deal...you watch any LSU games ??? He's got no outside game...the will be in the finals....never

You probably say that about every team in the league. Bitter pill for a bitter man once someone actually screws up the theory by making it.

I'm not bitter...seeing a Pro team tank and not be any better makes me bitter....if you think they have better young talent than the T Wolves you are wrong...and even in your convoluted mind they are I don't see them contending for a long time....I'm not bitter I'm realistic

This is one of Walt's original statements on the matter. This is of course before all of the numerous backpedals and revisions started occurring.

Here is the bet over the next two years Young is better than Fultz $100

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:20 pm 

I'd need clearly defined parameters. "Better" is ambiguous.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:24 pm 

long time guy wrote:

define them .….see if I agree

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:31 pm 

long time guy wrote:

define them .….see if I agree

PER. Win Shares. or something along those lines. We can settle on three metrics. Which ever player wins 2 of 3 or in this case 4 or 6 wins the bet.

I hate advanced stats but its the only way to go given your crappy eye test.

I will go through the various metrics and choose 3. If you are comfortable with them game on.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:36 pm 

Zhaire Smith breaks foot ….the process works draft guys #1 and they don't play for you...brilliant!

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:45 pm 

Zhaire Smith breaks foot ….the process works draft guys #1 and they don't play for you...brilliant!

I'm sure you posted something prior to today about how much Philly was counting on him. Didn't know that their future was contingent upon the health of Zhaire Smith. Thanks for the update though.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:57 pm 

long time guy wrote:

I'm sure you posted something prior to today about how much Philly was counting on him. Didn't know that their future was contingent upon the health of Zhaire Smith. Thanks for the update though.

their future is an injury waiting to happen

I'm out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 21  Next