It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: What??
long time guy wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Better than Embiid. Sure the fuck better than Wayoff P.

He wasn't even the primary reason they defeated Utah. Murray was. You place Embiid on this Denver team with that coach and they'd be the favorites to beat the Lakers. That is how much of a difference there is between the two players

This coaching debacle in Philly may be a blessing in disguise. Embiid is aware people think Jokic is better.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Yeah, nah. These playoffs just showed if you took Embiid's dead ass off the Sixers last year Jimmy Buckets would have dragged them past the Raptors.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:42 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
I’m leaning towards Jokic here until Embiid decides he wants to put up big numbers in the playoffs.

Yes there was a coaching ability difference.

Any Embiid fan is hoping Joel puts up big numbers next year, or else this debate may be over.

As far as swapping players, isn’t Jokic’s offensive versatility, specifically his passing one of the main reason the Nugs are so damn good on that side of the floor?

Last edited by Jbi11s on Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:43 am 

KDdidit wrote:
Yeah, nah. These playoffs just showed if you took Embiid's dead ass off the Sixers last year Jimmy Buckets would have dragged them past the Raptors.

Jimmy Butler has had about 10 years to take teams places and never did a damn thing. He also couldn't even get a shot off down the stretch against the Raptors and one of the dumbest things that Brown did as a coach was put the ball in his hands during the 4th quarter of every game that series.

Butler was also thoroughly outplayed by my guy Tatum last night and if not for Bam's game saving play we'd be talking about how he blew by Butler's overrated defense playing ass for a game tying dunk to go into a 2nd OT.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:45 am 

Embiid took up basketball at 15. This is important to remember in regards to coaching.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:45 am 

long time guy wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Jimmy Butler has had about 10 years to take teams places and never did a damn thing. He also couldn't even get a shot off down the stretch against the Raptors and one of the dumbest things that Brown did as a coach was put the ball in his hands during the 4th quarter of that series.

Butler was also thoroughly outplayed by my guy Tatum last night and if not for Bam's game saving play we'd be talking about how he blew by Butler's overrated defense playing ass for a game tying dunk to go into a 2nd OT.

Butler literally funneled him right into Bam for a block so easy even Eddy Curry could have made it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:52 am 

KDdidit wrote:
long time guy wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Jimmy Butler has had about 10 years to take teams places and never did a damn thing. He also couldn't even get a shot off down the stretch against the Raptors and one of the dumbest things that Brown did as a coach was put the ball in his hands during the 4th quarter of that series.

Butler literally funneled him right into Bam for a block so easy even Eddy Curry could have made it.

That's what an apologist for the shitty defense might think. Bam had to meet him at the top of his jump in order to block that. That was a blow by.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:57 am 

long time guy wrote:
That's what an apologist for the shitty defense might think. Bam had to meet him at the top of his jump in order to block that. That was a blow by.

You should be apologizing for hyping a guy with all his momentum from a "blow by" that can't finish over a 6'9" center.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Helps that Jokic has guys to pass to who can make the shot/finish at the rim. Sixers f'd up letting go of their outside shooters and bringing in Horford

what's the point of PG and Kawhi leaving their guys to double Jokic all game? He's 7 foot. Having 2 guys half a foot shorter pestering him isn't going to do much except leave other Denver players open for easy shots/layups

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Yes the Horford signing is still one of the more baffling and nonsensical free agent pickups I’ve seen.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:30 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You should be apologizing for hyping a guy with all his momentum from a "blow by" that can't finish over a 6'9" center.

SHouldn't you be apologizing even more for hyping a guy that literally quit on his own team not to mention the coach that he repeatedly claimed that he would "die" in order to play for again?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:33 pm 

Hussra wrote:
Helps that Jokic has guys to pass to who can make the shot/finish at the rim. Sixers f'd up letting go of their outside shooters and bringing in Horford

what's the point of PG and Kawhi leaving their guys to double Jokic all game? He's 7 foot. Having 2 guys half a foot shorter pestering him isn't going to do much except leave other Denver players open for easy shots/layups

That was the worst (among many) decisions that Doc Rivers made last night. Play him one on one with Zubic and take your chances

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:13 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Hussra wrote:

That was the worst (among many) decisions that Doc Rivers made last night. Play him one on one with Zubic and take your chances

Did Doc not see the scouting reports that Jokic is a great passer?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:19 pm 

Nardi wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Hussra wrote:

what's the point of PG and Kawhi leaving their guys to double Jokic all game? He's 7
foot. Having 2 guys half a foot shorter pestering him isn't going to do much except leave other Denver players open for easy shots/layups

Did Doc not see the scouting reports that Jokic is a great passer?

It didn't seem like it. Each time he tried to play him with Harrell and Green they ran Jokic straight into the post. Just like they should have. Jokic is a much better passer than he is a post player but if you are to play him with 6'7 guys then why not run him to the block? Harrell wasn't giving them anything. You play him with Zubac and dust off Noah and take your chances.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:51 pm 

long time guy wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
long time guy wrote:

SHouldn't you be apologizing even more for hyping a guy that literally quit on his own team not to mention the coach that he repeatedly claimed that he would "die" in order to play for again?

You mean the guy that took Tatum the rack for the And 1 to give them the win? PG and Kawhi just set the gold standard for quitting on their team and coach they wanted to play for last night, Buckets isn't even close.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:03 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
long time guy wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You mean the guy that took Tatum the rack for the And 1 to give them the win? PG and Kawhi just set the gold standard for quitting on their team and coach they wanted to play for last night, Buckets isn't even close.

"Buckets" literally quit on the Wolves and Thibs. When it goes sour in Miami he will start scapegoating his teammates like he always does. Sure they will not have "worked" as hard as he does.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:21 pm 

long time guy wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
long time guy wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
long time guy wrote:

"Buckets" literally quit on the Wolves and Thibs. When it goes sour in Miami he will start scapegoating his teammates like he always does. Sure they will not have "worked" as hard as he does.

I love Jimmy and you should too. So he has a couple "quirks". So what?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:44 pm 

Notice Jimmy's huge knowing smile, as this was exactly what he expected to happen when Tatum "blew by" him.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:46 pm 

Nardi wrote:
I love Jimmy and you should too. So he has a couple "quirks". So what?

Nah I'm good. You "love" him all you want. 10 year pro with a history of scapegoating coaches and teammates. I think I'll pass.

Good luck cheering him on this series as you're going to need it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:52 pm 

KDdidit wrote:

Notice Jimmy's huge knowing smile, as this was exactly what he expected to happen when Tatum "blew by" him.

But wait you mean to tell me that he expected the 6'9 Center to block that? How prophetic of Mr. Buckets. No one could have known that.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:01 pm 

Jimmy elevates the players around him. Just having Jimmy on the court makes Bam play like he's 7'2" We have a 3rd team NBA guy getting the hoop and the harm on another 3rd team NBA guy at one end and the the same 3rd team guy that gave it up having the cerebral assassin set him up to get rejected by a guy that was in the "others receiving votes" category (the category Embiid is in).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:11 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
Jimmy elevates the players around him. Just having Jimmy on the court makes Bam play like he's 7'2" We have a 3rd team NBA guy getting the hoop and the harm on another 3rd team NBA guy at one end and the the same 3rd team guy that gave it up having the cerebral assassin set him up to get rejected by a guy that was in the "others receiving votes" category (the category Embiid is in).

When Jimmy Buckets was 22 years old (As Tatum is currently) He was a benchwarmer. Jaysum Tatum was leading his team to ECF when Buckets was flaming out in the first round of playoff series. This one is in the bag for Boston. Book It!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Lebron has played in 49 more playoffs than "The Process" has in his illustrious career :shock:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:14 pm 

Ay young lad asked me why they call Embiid "The Process" and I replied who the fuck knows

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:12 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
cant pass this one up

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:10 pm 

Hurt again! New nickname China Doll ...book it.....the reason ltg left because he couldn't face the music :lol:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:44 am 

ltg come back and take it like a man

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:02 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Walt Williams Neck wrote:
ltg come back and take it like a man

You will never admit that your original point pertained to Philly "never being better than Minnesota" which makes you a goal post adjuster like MANY around here happen to be.

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
I'm not bitter...seeing a Pro team tank and not be any better makes me bitter....if you think they have better young talent than the T Wolves you are wrong...and even in your convoluted mind they are I don't see them contending for a long time....I'm not bitter I'm realistic

Oh and by the way Embiid is currently having the better year as great as Jokic happens to be playing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Patron Saint wrote:

Oh and by the way Embiid is currently having the better year as great as Jokic happens to be playing.

Opinions vary. Jokic is the MVP of the league right now.

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 20  Next