It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 7:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:03 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
shakes wrote:
another awful game for Bust Young. 24 points on 9/19 shooting, 15 assists and 6 boards. Guy is definitely a bust.

Someone has to score on a shit team

But did he tell you that he has me on ignore?

What's your number, more or less, of the elite players in the league? I totally agree he won't be elite. There's only 20 of them. He wasn't drafted 1 or 2 and he was lucky to be drafted 5th. As long as he averages double figures and 7 or so assists, that is far from a bust. As far as being a lousy shooter, I'm not buying it. A tell for me is ft% which was high 80s in college. It's way down from that. He's just a puppy, it's doubtful he's such a bust that he's relegated to the bench within 2 years.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:14 pm 

Nardi wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
shakes wrote:
another awful game for Bust Young. 24 points on 9/19 shooting, 15 assists and 6 boards. Guy is definitely a bust.

Someone has to score on a shit team

But did he tell you that he has me on ignore?

What's your number, more or less, of the elite players in the league? I totally agree he won't be elite. There's only 20 of them. He wasn't drafted 1 or 2 and he was lucky to be drafted 5th. As long as he averages double figures and 7 or so assists, that is far from a bust. As far as being a lousy shooter, I'm not buying it. A tell for me is ft% which was high 80s in college. It's way down from that. He's just a puppy, it's doubtful he's such a bust that he's relegated to the bench within 2 years.

Top 5 picks can be busts. He was thorougly dominated by Fox and outplayed by Arch. If he puts these numbers up against Dragic then you take notice. Who the hell is Magruder?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:15 pm 

Good test for Trae "the Bust" Young. He has Kemba Walker tonight. Conley has been the best test for him thus far and he didn't look so hot. Kemba is a good matchup for him on a number of levels. Safe to say that I have Kemba Walker to take his ass out tonight. That is one tough cover.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:03 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Good test for Trae "the Bust" Young. He has Kemba Walker tonight. Conley has been the best test for him thus far and he didn't look so hot. Kemba is a good matchup for him on a number of levels. Safe to say that I have Kemba Walker to take his ass out tonight. That is one tough cover.

20 pts 9 assists against Memphis. What exactly are you looking for in a kid 2 years out of high school?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
long time guy wrote:

I have seen the test for Markelle "Book it" Fultz shittiest pick since Bennett

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:10 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
long time guy wrote:

And you are the shittiest poster this side of Frank Costansa.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:25 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Check the stats... the least knowledgable B-ball poster since pothead FF and Mult Caller Bob....think about that

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:39 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Check the stats... the least knowledgable B-ball poster since pothead FF and Mult Caller Bob....think about that

Yeah From your Philly predictions i gathered that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:43 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

They are the most overrated team in the League.....the next Washington! Book it!

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:41 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

They are the most overrated team in the League.....the next Washington! Book it!

You are senile as hell Book it!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:54 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Word is he can't shoot and doesn't play well with "Magic" Simmons.....keep calling me senile that's getting old

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:26 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Word is he can't shoot and doesn't play well with "Magic" Simmons.....keep calling me senile that's getting old[/quote]

And so are you.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:35 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Another solid game for Trae, held his own vs Kemba.

Was 0/7 from 3, but 8/19 overall for 18 pts to go along with 10 apples. Another double double for the rook.

Back to back tonight as he gets the Knicks.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:41 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
shakes wrote:

Was 0/7 from 3, but 8/19 overall for 18 pts to go along with 10 apples. Another double double for the rook.

29 points for Walker on 12/22 shooting.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:45 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Tall Midget wrote:
shakes wrote:

yes, he's probably 1st team all NBA so far this year. Like I said, Trae held his own. Didn't outplay him, but played well vs him.

FYI, Trae is 4th in the entire league in finishing at the rim. I doubt anyone saw that coming.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:43 pm 

Kemba Walker picked him twice and Young's points came on switches in the pick and roll. They kept switching Cody Zeller on him and he blew by him as he should. I didn't see him actually score on Walker at all and even Dominique Wilkins referenced how his buckets were the result of switches with Zeller.

Kemba Walker did whatever he wanted (As most any credible guard will do with him)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
shakes wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
shakes wrote:

yes, he's probably 1st team all NBA so far this year. Like I said, Trae held his own. Didn't outplay him, but played well vs him.

FYI, Trae is 4th in the entire league in finishing at the rim. I doubt anyone saw that coming.

Who is first team all NBA? Walker? :lol:

Last edited by Big Chicagoan on Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
One thing we can be sure about on this board is that results matter.

Young will either be a total bust, and LTG will claim victory, or

Young will be a complete superstar, and LTG will claim victory.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:59 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:

No you must have me confused with Shakes. If he is good I will say it.

He won't be a superstar so that conversation will never be had. Worst case for me is that he isn't a bust.

As it stands now Lonzo Ball is a bust so my track record on this stuff is looking rather good if I do say so myself.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:16 am 

long time guy wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

He won't be a superstar so that conversation will never be had. Worst case for me is that he isn't a bust.

As it stands now Lonzo Ball is a bust so my track record on this stuff is looking rather good if I do say so myself.

I think you already know he won't be a bust. 8 assists a game? Seeing the floor pretty good for a being just a puppy. And I agree being wrong doesn't hurt an overall track record. But digging in your heels will.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:29 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
leashyourkids wrote:

:lol: :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:29 am 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
shakes wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
shakes wrote:

Who is first team all NBA? Walker? :lol:

To be fair, shakes said so far this year. Kemba's been playing out of his mind this year. By far his best season as a pro. Again though, so far.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:30 am 

Nardi wrote:
long time guy wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I think you already know he won't be a bust. 8 assists a game? Seeing the floor pretty good for a being just a puppy. And I agree being wrong doesn't hurt an overall track record. But digging in your heels will.

We will see how it plays out but putting up numbers on a team in which it is designed for you to put up numbers is nothing special. He is getting tattoed on D every game and he is shooting a shitty percentage from 3 for a guy regarded as a knockdown shooter. He also turns it over at an alarming rate. At best he will be a 7th or 8 man in the league. To me that spells bust at worst or disappointment at best.

Top 5 guys are expected to at the least starting caliber players. Particularly when there were a number of guys taken later that will be starters.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:35 am 

I was really down on Trae during draft time but he looks like he could definitely be a starter in this league and probably a pretty good player. Not sure he will ever be an All Star but the scoring potential is there to be.

Doncic, JJJ, and Carter Jr will be the best rookies from this class though imo.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:41 am 

long time guy wrote:
Nardi wrote:
long time guy wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

We will see how it plays out but putting up numbers on a team in which it is designed for you to put up numbers is nothing special. He is getting tattoed on D every game and he is shooting a shitty percentage from 3 for a guy regarded as a knockdown shooter. He also turns it over at an alarming rate. At best he will be a 7th or 8 man in the league. To me that spells bust at worst or disappointment at best.

Top 5 guys are expected to at the least starting caliber players. Particularly when there were a number of guys taken later that will be starters.

Do you have a comp of a bust who averaged 8 assists a game as a rookie?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:42 am 

FavreFan wrote:
I was really down on Trae during draft time but he looks like he could definitely be a starter in this league and probably a pretty good player. Not sure he will ever be an All Star but the scoring potential is there to be.

Doncic, JJJ, and Carter Jr will be the best rookies from this class though imo.

He has been better than I expected particularly with his passing. His size and lack of strength will always prevent him from being good defensively. He isn't particularly quick either. He has difficulty beating his primary defender i.e. other points off the bounce. He is extremely good in pick and roll though. He is quick enough to beat bigs and makes the pass at the rim pretty good.

Some of the numbers that he has put up have been inflated because they get their ass beat so often. He is putting up numbers in many instances while playing against 2nd and 3rd stringers. They have been blown out in at least 5 games and I have personally witnessed him padding his stats in those games once the game was out of reach.

We will see however

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:44 am 

Nardi wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nardi wrote:
long time guy wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Those numbers will go down. MCW put up similar numbers as a rookie I believe. Will try and check it out but I am sure that someone has.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:44 am 

Nardi wrote:

Jamaal Tinsley wasn't a good NBA player. Not a bust though because of draft position

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:46 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Jamaal Tinsley wasn't a good NBA player. Not a bust though because of draft position

Stephon Marbury?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:49 am 

Nardi wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Stephon Marbury?

I can't go bust on Marbury. He was a really good player at his best who had some mental issues that eventually ruined his career.

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next