It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:47 pm 

Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I just prefer to discuss things with guys that aren't interested in being right all the time.

:lol: that’s like all you’re interested in

I know you haven't been around so sort of forgive you for your ignorance. Actually I don't but I digress. I'm actually not but since guys like you went out of your way to always prove me wrong it sort of became that.

Do you want me to start bumping all of those old Wolves threads?

As I said I moved on. I stay out of threads involving the circle jerkers. Its important that they have their moments.

Last edited by long time guy on Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:47 pm 

Done with it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:49 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Done with it.

I never knew you were in it. Thanks for the heads up.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
RFDC wrote:
Done with it.

It’s why I prefer to just make bets with him when there’s strong disagreement. His “gotcha” stuff and endless quest to be right is tiring outside of that. I won $100 last year and he won $100 this year. We have $50 left riding on the mvp race so we’ll see how that goes but it’s pretty tiring just going back and forth on who was right about petty shit

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:52 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Done with it.

It’s why I prefer to just make bets with him when there’s strong disagreement. His “gotcha” stuff and endless quest to be right is tiring outside of that. I won $100 last year and he won $100 this year. We have $50 left riding on the mvp race so we’ll see how that goes but it’s pretty tiring just going back and forth on who was right about petty shit

What's MVP bet?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:53 pm 

long time guy wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Done with it.

:lol:

I am not in anything. It just makes me laugh to hear you say continually you are done with something. You do the same thing in the political discussions.

Funny stuff.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

312player wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Done with it.

What's MVP bet?

Who finishes higher in MVP voting this year - I have Jokic he has Embiid for $50

To rock my soul

long time guy wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Done with it.

Ltg has the cardio, he'll wear all these MF ers out.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:54 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
312player wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Done with it.

What's MVP bet?

Who finishes higher in MVP voting this year - I have Jokic he has Embiid for $50

Coin toss

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:55 pm 

312player wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
312player wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Done with it.

What's MVP bet?

Coin toss

I don’t think it is. I’d bet another $100 on it right now. Jokic won it. Just waiting for the results.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:56 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Done with it.

FF there isn't person on here that tries to be right more than you.

You made an issue out of a guy lying about a medal that most people had never heard of simply because you had to be right.

You cannot never get more pettier than that. It wasn't even that you just had to know either. You basically attempted to make him tell you or leave the board as if it were a wrestling match.

Find one instance of me doing this in any thread that I have ever partaken in on here.

Stop with the nonsense.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:59 pm 

RFDC wrote:
long time guy wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Done with it.

:lol:

I am not in anything. It just makes me laugh to hear you say continually you are done with something. You do the same thing in the political discussions.

Funny stuff.

You study well grasshopper. As do MANY apparently.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:59 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Done with it.

You made an issue out of a guy lying about a medal that most people had never heard of simply because you had to be right.

You cannot never get more pettier than that. It wasn't even that you just had to know either. You basically attempted to make him tell you or leave the board as if it were a wrestling match.

Find one instance of me doing this in any thread that I have ever partaken in on here.

Stop with the nonsense.

That had nothing to do with this and I still think The Hawk was full of shit. Luckily newper provided a happy resolution.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:00 pm 

312player wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
312player wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Done with it.

What's MVP bet?

Coin toss

If Embiid doesn't miss close to 20 games it's a runaway. As it stands now it's a push. I'm still at least $50 ahead no matter what.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:04 pm 

long time guy wrote:
312player wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
312player wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Done with it.

What's MVP bet?

Coin toss

If Embiid doesn't miss close to 20 games it's a runaway. As it stands now it's a push. I'm still at least $50 ahead no matter what.

If I win the MVP bet you’re actually $50 behind :lol: last year counts my friend.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:05 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Done with it.

Stop with the nonsense.

That had nothing to do with this and I still think The Hawk was full of shit. Luckily newper provided a happy resolution.

It never does til it does. As I have said previously I have remained out of number of the basketball discussions as it gets old after awhile.

It's one big gotcha fest and the guys i.e. Nardi,312, Wolf, that just want to talk basketball get drowned out by the Shakes, Walt, and you.. Then you throw in a few other guys that don't post that much (thank god) and it becomes one big waste.

Other than "you're wrong" "you're wrong" there isn't much added.

Every discussion (as the OKC) invariably ends up going there.

Have a thought sometimes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:06 pm 

I also don’t believe you believe it’s a push ltg. If you think it is I’ll offer you an extra 2-1 odds bet on it. I’ll give you an extra $100 if Embiid wins you give me an extra $50 if Jokic beats him.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:08 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
I also don’t believe you believe it’s a push ltg. If you think it is I’ll offer you an extra 2-1 odds bet on it. I’ll give you an extra $100 if Embiid wins you give me an extra $50 if Jokic beats him.

Nah I'm good. Embiid missed too many games. If the games were even I'd take it even money in a heartbeat.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:10 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Nah I'm good. Embiid missed too many games. If the games were even I'd take it even money in a heartbeat.

If the games were even I wouldn’t offer it :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:28 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
I know I haven't been around a lot, but FF was on some kind of bandwagon ?

I thought we were discussing various series', not declaring fandom
if someone says a team is going to win a series you seem to think that person must be a lifelong fan of that team

Probably should have simply stopped at "haven't been around in a awhile".

I said haven't been around a lot if you're going to put that in quotes
But ok I'll take your word for it
FF bandwagon jumper

How is this. Over the last 3 seasons S.A., Minnesota, Utah, and now Denver have been declared to be his teams. Not one (except S.A. tough choice) of them has made much noise in the playoffs.

He was sure about the Lakers and they bombed. So was everyone else. Now they are all conspicuously silent though we know what would have occurred if the opposite would have been the case.

He hops from team to team provided the situation and acts as if he knew it all along.

Damn FF he clowned you

It’s easy to clown people when you lie like a rug. I’ve never declared Minnesota or Denver my teams.

FavreFan wrote:
Fuck that Bagels. Long live the Joker!
This Denver team is going to compete for titles starting next year. They are a year early.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
FWIW FF revels in being wrong quite frequently.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:33 pm 

:lol: LTG you’re killing me. Like I said, there’s a difference between “I’m a fan of this team” and “I think this team is great”.

I’ve been a big fan of Mitchell and Jokic since day 1. Maybe that causes me to overrate their impacts and their teams but it doesn’t mean I’m a bandwagon fan of that team. Part of following the NBA is liking invidual players. The sport lends itself to that.

Are you done with this lame as fuck gotcha attempts? Just stop.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:34 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

This of us who have opinions tend to have that happen. I understand you being unfamiliar :D

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:37 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

Not in the hoops threads he doesn't. Not by a long shot. I don't care about the other threads. I don't much pay attention. I would read the Sox threads but now that Keyser doesn't post I sort of don't pay attention.

There is a lot of gotcha B.S. I. These sections. I was guilty of participating too. Not exempt from it but it's old now.

While you are saying that he revels in it I can point to a number of things in which he refuses to admit anything. Even as it has become obvious. Lonzo, Fox, Paul George vs Jimmy Butler. Those are 3 off top. Doc Rivers. Do you want me to continue? I can trust me

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
FavreFan wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

This of us who have opinions tend to have that happen. I understand you being unfamiliar :D

You sonofa...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:39 pm 

LTG you’re a far super NBA mind and basketball mind than I could ever be. You’re always right and I’m always wrong. I know the definition of revels better than you but you’re smarter on everything else NBA related.

Is that fair? Can we settle this now?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:44 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
:lol: LTG you’re killing me. Like I said, there’s a difference between “I’m a fan of this team” and “I think this team is great”.

I’ve been a big fan of Mitchell and Jokic since day 1. Maybe that causes me to overrate their impacts and their teams but it doesn’t mean I’m a bandwagon fan of that team. Part of following the NBA is liking invidual players. The sport lends itself to that.

The constant belittling of people for liking certain teams even as you make excuses for teams you like is annoying.

If you don't want people to call you on it then stop doing it and I won't.

You seem to want to have it both ways with that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:47 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
LTG you’re a far super NBA mind and basketball mind than I could ever be. You’re always right and I’m always wrong. I know the definition of revels better than you but you’re smarter on everything else NBA related.

Don't patronize. I'm simply a dude talking stuff on a message board. I'm good. What I will do is simply discuss it with guys that aren't constantly going "you're wrong" "you're wrong".

That shit is boring as fuck. And it's old. I will leave that for certain guys to do.

The non stop trolling is a waste too.

Last edited by long time guy on Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:48 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

The constant belittling of people for liking certain teams even as you make excuses for teams you like is annoying.

If you don't want people to call you on it then stop doing it and I won't.

You seem to want to have it both ways with that.

When’s the last time I belittled someone for their NBA opinion? You correctly called me on that and for the most part I believe I have stopped.

You like certain teams and make excuses for them too. OKC the 6 seed is a prime example. It’s cool cuz all sports fans do.

I don’t want it both ways. I’ll plainly state that I want you to shut the fuck about it and stop acting like I did years ago when I annoyed you by always trying to do the gotcha and who’s right game. Follow
My example and stop doing that. It’s pretty simple to understand.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:51 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Don't patronize. I'm simply a dude talking stuff on a message board. I'm good. What I will do is simply discuss it with guys that aren't constantly going "you're wrong" "you're wrong".

That shit is boring as fuck. And it's old. I will leave that for certain guys to do.

Again, react to the current posts I’m making. I’ve acknowledged several times I used to do that and it was wrong and it was “dumb” of me to do. I used to say shit like that about opinions you made I disagreed with it and you changed my mind. Not just by being right st different times but just by virtue of acting like you “know” everychanging subjective things is wrong. You are constantly reacting to how I posted years ago. Sooner you stop doing that the sooner we’ll get along better and post about actual basketball

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next