It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 8:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bronny James
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 8:07 am 

Nas wrote:
Becoming a top 20 player and having the opportunity to play with your father is a great story. It's not the same as following your dad in the accounting or real estate industry.

The top 20 player is mostly about his dads name. He wasn't even the best player on his high school team.

He's had access to elite coaches since the day he was born and he's getting paid millions in college just because of his last name and his dad is openly bribing teams to draft him.

Why is it different than any other dad using their own power to set their kids up over other kids who don't have rich fathers?

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 8:09 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Brick wrote:
Nas wrote:
Becoming a top 20 player and having the opportunity to play with your father is a great story. It's not the same as following your dad in the accounting or real estate industry.

The top 20 player is mostly about his dads name. He wasn't even the best player on his high school team.

He's had access to elite coaches since the day he was born and he's getting paid millions in college just because of his last name and his dad is openly bribing teams to draft him.

Why is it different than any other dad using their own power to set their kids up over other kids who don't have rich fathers?

He was born on third base!

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 8:12 am 

Don't get me wrong. I would do the exact same thing though maybe I wouldn't use my son to trash talk current NBA players.

It's just not really a feel good story. It's like rooting for Eric Trump.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 8:16 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:

Its not ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 8:35 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I think LeBron has realized pushing his kid into the NBA is the only thing he can have over Jordan.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 8:52 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
I think LeBron has realized pushing his kid into the NBA is the only thing he can have over Jordan.

:lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 8:54 am 

How many game shows did Jordan create?

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 9:24 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

Its not ?

Marcus and Jeffrey didn't follow MJ to the NBA for a reason. The same is true for many other great professional athletes. Nepotism only gets you so far as an athlete. You need elite talent to be a pro. You don't need to be elite to follow your dad in these other fields.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 9:25 am 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:

:lol:

+ :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Brick wrote:
It's also kind of funny that the story of Bronny is mostly about a billionaire's son being raised from birth with advantages no one else has and open nepotism by his father but it is portrayed as a feel good story.

It's like rooting for Bill Gates kid to become an executive at Microsoft.

Your "it's like"s are the best.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 9:59 am 

Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

Its not ?

Marcus and Jeffrey didn't follow MJ to the NBA for a reason. The same is true for many other great professional athletes. Nepotism only gets you so far as an athlete. You need elite talent to be a pro. You don't need to be elite to follow your dad in these other fields.

If MJ was still playing at a high level when his kid was 19 he would have had at least a season in the NBA.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 10:11 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

Its not ?

If LeBron's goal is to play a season with his son that means Bronny only plays one year of college ball. These stats scream " elite talent " to you ? Unless he just goes nuts as a 6'2 college freshman itll 100% be a nepotism pick.

Bronny James' stats support his his rise as one of the top prospects in the country. As of January 2023, according to SB Live, Bronny is averaging 14 points, a team-high 5.4 rebounds, 2.9 assists and 1.8 steals per game for Sierra Canyon, one of the most stacked high school teams.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 10:34 am 
100000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

Its not ?

If LeBron's goal is to play a season with his son that means Bronny only plays one year of college ball. These stats scream " elite talent " to you ? Unless he just goes nuts as a 6'2 college freshman itll 100% be a nepotism pick.

Bronny James' stats support his his rise as one of the top prospects in the country. As of January 2023, according to SB Live, Bronny is averaging 14 points, a team-high 5.4 rebounds, 2.9 assists and 1.8 steals per game for Sierra Canyon, one of the most stacked high school teams.

College is generally the ceiling for nepotism when it comes to most athletes. That said, I agree that the Lakers or the Cavs would burn a 2nd round pick on his son as a favor to LeBron. I just would be shocked if his son would take the leap if he sucked in college.

Those aren't eye popping stats, but he did play on an "elite" team. I'm not sure how much that factors in. I guess I could watch his highlights to get a feel.

Edit: I just watched a couple of clips. It looks like he plays defense and he can shoot the three. He appears to spot up a lot. He really needs a couple more inches to be a legitimate NBA prospect.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
It's not out of the question that Bronny becomes a solid rotation player at best in the NBA. Like the 7th man and spot starter. That's perhaps his ceiling. Or he could become a decent star playing in China, Greece, etc.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 2:44 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Brick wrote:
It's also kind of funny that the story of Bronny is mostly about a billionaire's son being raised from birth with advantages no one else has and open nepotism by his father but it is portrayed as a feel good story.

Yes exactly!

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 2:47 pm 

Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

Its not ?

Because MJ isn’t a closed minded egotistical idiot father. He knew his kids being millionaires they have more opportunities than playing basketball. He gave them options instead of forcing them to do it his way Bec I’m the allmighty micheal Jordan.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 2:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
HawaiiYou wrote:
Brick wrote:

Yes exactly!

what if Bill Gates was black?

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 2:51 pm 

Brick wrote:
Don't get me wrong. I would do the exact same thing though maybe I wouldn't use my son to trash talk current NBA players.

It's just not really a feel good story. It's like rooting for Eric Trump.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 2:55 pm 

Bagels wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
Brick wrote:

Yes exactly!

what if Bill Gates was black?

They would still get positions due to being Bill’s kids but face racism on the day to day level.

Probably more subtle racism than overt.

Also a lot of institutionalized corporate racism.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 3:14 pm 
100000 CLUB

HawaiiYou wrote:
Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

Its not ?

Because MJ isn’t a closed minded egotistical idiot father. He knew his kids being millionaires they have more opportunities than playing basketball. He gave them options instead of forcing them to do it his way Bec I’m the allmighty micheal Jordan.

They both played basketball. Neither were good at it. Marcus was the best. Now Marcus is fucking a woman his mother's age.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 5:00 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:
all of the lebron hate is mostly jealousy. i dont like all the complaining he did over the years, but otherwise he's a good dude and his dedication to the game has been amazing.

would people like lebron more if he whored around with cocaine and strippers his whole career?

You seem like a younger person Ike.

Remember the saying 'Never meet your heros'.

It's true. When I had the limo business, I sometimes had to drive celebrities. A lot of them I looked up to but when meeting in real life the majority of them were complete shitbags. They would treat anyone in the service industry like shit. While having this goody -two -shoes public persona.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 5:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Yep, we should look up to celebrities who donate money to causes we can all agree on regardless of political affiliation and economic status.

https://nypost.com/2023/05/23/michael-j ... -roadster/

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 6:07 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Yep, we should look up to celebrities who donate money to causes we can all agree on regardless of political affiliation and economic status.

https://nypost.com/2023/05/23/michael-j ... -roadster/

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTREqjC3L/?t=1

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 9:37 am 

Nas wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

Its not ?

They both played basketball. Neither were good at it. Marcus was the best. Now Marcus is fucking a woman his mother's age.

Marcus was pretty good.

They both just realized that there was a lot of fun out there in the world for the son of a billionaire.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 9:42 am 

Nas wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
why his kids want to play bball? did lebron force it upon them? they grew up millionaires ,they're not from the street.

I would think I'd want them to do something else w/ their lives less stressful.

His son will have earned his own millions after 1 year in college.

his own in the sense that they are given to him directly but not in the sense anyone would be giving that money to Bronny Smith...even at USC, where he wouldn't be playing at but for his name as well

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 11:47 am 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
why his kids want to play bball? did lebron force it upon them? they grew up millionaires ,they're not from the street.

his own in the sense that they are given to him directly but not in the sense anyone would be giving that money to Bronny Smith...even at USC, where he wouldn't be playing at but for his name as well

Ad I said, college has been the ceiling for nepotism when it comes to professional athletes.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 11:48 am 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

Its not ?

Marcus was pretty good.

They both just realized that there was a lot of fun out there in the world for the son of a billionaire.

Marcus wasn't NBA good. In some ways his hype peaked in grade school.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 12:00 pm 

I read up more on his kids and what most of you said is right, he isn't considered a blue chip prospect.

So if you're a father, you know you're kid isn't gonna cut it in a NBA roster, but you still force him to do it because you're lebron james, what kind of shit father are you?

With all your clout, let him get his college degree and set him up with some nice job somewhere. Front office. Path to executive level.

what are his kids going to do then if they only play 1 year riding the bench? They won't have a college degree if they leave school after a year. LeBron's ego gonna take it if his kids aren't NBA stars? Will working at a 9-5 job be beneath him for his kids?

I lose more respect every day for this guy Lebron.

It's gonna be great to see how he acts when he finally retires and nobody will give a shit about him anymore. He doesn't seem like the guy who will ride off into the sunset. Rather like bitch and scream that HEY HEY HEY I'm still here! Give me attention!

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 6:46 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
It's not out of the question that Bronny becomes a solid rotation player at best in the NBA. Like the 7th man and spot starter. That's perhaps his ceiling. Or he could become a decent star playing in China, Greece, etc.

if he has to play international, i just think about all the white guys smaller than him in the nba....

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 8:18 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

He is good enough to be on the roster at USC even without the name. Would likely be a low six figure NIL with a different name.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next