It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 7:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:26 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Tatum has missed about 15 layups the last 2 games. Nearly all of the attempts were relatively easy. After the first quarter, he couldn't buy a basket. That has to change because Brown and Smart are just about guaranteed to do dumb shit down the stretch.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:33 am 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Boston did that thing they like to do. Not take key possessions seriously.

Steph is playing as hard as I've ever seen him. He wants this bad.

Boston pissed down their leg the last 5+ minutes of the game. Even with Curry putting up 40, the game was still there's for the taking.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Klay shrugs off his shooting doldrums 1 or 2 games per round. He's yet to have that game this round.

Kerr threw away a game playing Iguodala in gm 1. Kerr now playing his best lineups, egos be damned.

36 year old Al Horford wearing down.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Gonna be a bitch for ltg when the Warriors take this and Curry is MVP

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:31 pm 

Bagels wrote:

:lol: yeah you would think, but you know he will just wave it off and continue arguing

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
How awful would it be to have to guard Curry?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

This Ends in Antioch wrote:

With or without help from the refs?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Bagels wrote:

It is actually a bitch for you whenever they are on the losing given how silent you always are. You couldn't even pay the $50 bet you owed when you had 2 years to spare.

Nor did you ever mentioning it that you owed it either. Now that is what I call "being a bitch" for someone.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:25 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Bagels wrote:

:lol: yeah you would think, but you know he will just wave it off and continue arguing

The Missing Link wrote:
In the immortal words of the Great Mark Aguirre, just "roll the damn balls out". Celtics in 6

Pick a lane Ralph is still undecided as to who believes will win however. But he wants or "knows that it will be Golden State though.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:29 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Bagels wrote:

The Missing Link wrote:
In the immortal words of the Great Mark Aguirre, just "roll the damn balls out". Celtics in 6

Pick a lane Ralph is still undecided as to who believes will win however. But he wants or "knows that it will be Golden State however.

I picked a lane before the series even started. I picked the Warriors to win. I am pulling for the Celtics. I dont know why this is hard to understand.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:30 pm 

RFDC wrote:
I picked a lane before the series even started. I picked the Warriors to win. I am pulling for the Celtics. I dont know why this is hard to understand.

Perhaps because it just oozes of being a fence rider.
The pseudo Boston love is just a way to "hedge your bet" if you ask me.
It seems as if you both want G.S. to win and believe they will win.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:37 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I can never pull for a team with Draymond on it. I cannot stand that dude.

But I guess you can see it however you need.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:24 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Tatum has to play better. Shot is broke and he is struggling to get good shots off. Particularly against Wiggins.. He's also turning the ball over too much. He's being outclassed this series by the "Chef" Steph Curry. I still have Boston in 6 however.

If the NBA had the equivalent of the NHL's Conn Smythe trophy (mvp for the entire playoff run), good argument for Wiggins winning it (if the Warriors ultimately win it all). Guarding Luka, Tatum, Ja, helping out against Jokic in the first round. Curry will win the Finals MVP if the Warriors win. No idea who to give it to on the Celtics if they win, maybe Horford if he rallies and has another good game or two and the Celtics win. Even tho Tatum hasn't played well, if he Butler's it up and takes over a game on the way to the Celtics winning it all he'll win MVP, almost by default tho.

Didn't West win Finals MVP while losing the Finals? Maybe they felt bad for him, dude lost a lot of Finals.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:41 pm 

Anyone not from Boston who roots for Boston teams is a traitor to humanity. I like Udoka, he's done a helluva job with a limited roster. Makes ya wonder if the Celtics could've done better in prior seasons if they had jettison'd Stevens as coach earlier.

There's nobody hateable on the Celtics roster, but nobody really inspires like Ja or Jimmy Buckets. No true ball-handler, something chronic failure as coach, better as a GM Brad Stevens will rectify in the off-season if the Celtics don't win this year. Celtics were sniffing around Reggie Jackson last off-season. Jackson a slight upgrade over any current Celtic as point-guard, but Jackson still turns it over too much. I guess he'd fit in with the current Celtics. Maybe they could pry a young PG from the Cavs or Kings, both have more than they need.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:16 pm 

Hussra wrote:
Anyone not from Boston who roots for Boston teams is a traitor to humanity. I like Udoka, he's done a helluva job with a limited roster. Makes ya wonder if the Celtics could've done better in prior seasons if they had jettison'd Stevens as coach earlier.

There's nobody hateable on the Celtics roster, but nobody really inspires like Ja or Jimmy Buckets. No true ball-handler, something chronic failure as coach, better as a GM Brad Stevens will rectify in the off-season if the Celtics don't win this year. Celtics were sniffing around Reggie Jackson last off-season. Jackson a slight upgrade over any current Celtic as point-guard, but Jackson still turns it over too much. I guess he'd fit in with the current Celtics. Maybe they could pry a young PG from the Cavs or Kings, both have more than they need.

Yeah Udoka is definitely an upgrade over Stephens as coach. They had more talent in previous years and flamed out to lesser teams. I roll will Boston mostly because of Tatum but I do like the other players on their team as well.
No secret that I'm not a huge fan of G.S. and overrated Curry. Nor that Bum Draymond either. I have always been a huge Klay fan though. Iggy as well. I was high on Wiggins early in his career but he never became the player that I hoped he would but he has been solid with G.S however. He's really their 2nd best player currently.

And I never cared for the bullshit they pulled with Durant either. Draymond openly recruited the guy when he was with OKC because "they really needed him" and then shifted on the guy as if they didn't once he bounced. Real punk move there.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:30 pm 

Nas wrote:

I don’t think it’s possible to defend somebody that quick, who moves that much, without fouling the shit out of him every possession.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:40 pm 

Nas wrote:

I don’t think it’s possible to defend somebody that quick, who moves that much, without fouling the shit out of him every possession.

The foul they called on Horford at the end was really an offensive foul on Curry. Could have potentially been a game changing call if called correctly.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:47 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:

The foul they called on Horford at the end was really an offensive foul on Curry. Could have potentially been a game changing call if called correctly.

No call was maybe the better option. Either way, curry’s in the air and a guy with a 50+ pound weight advantage initiated contact.

Steph’s left hand in no way impacted horford on that play.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:00 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:

Nah. It was close. If curry didn't stick his arm out, horfors would have hit him with the body. If anything it should have been a no call

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:18 pm 

You can't clear out with the off arm which is what Curry did. Horford went vertical which bugs are taught to do. Curry Extended the arm. It was an easy call actually.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:35 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
You can't clear out with the off arm which is what Curry did. Horford went vertical which bugs are taught to do. Curry Extended the arm. It was an easy call actually.

It wasn’t actually, which is why horford picked up the foul.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:35 pm 

I think or at least hope Klay will return to something closer to his prior level next season, after a full healthy off-season. He's shown signs every so often, but he's not anywhere close to the consistent top level player he was previously.

I didn't like the way Iggy gave Memphis the heisman and bugged out for Miami instead of at least hanging around coaching up the younger players on that team. But I like Memphis the town, reminds me of Detroit. Guess it wasn't Iguodala's thing.

With Wiggins playing D, Gary Payton and maybe Kuminga and Wiseman start contributing next season. At that point Draymond's expendable. Green's from up the road from Detroit and went to Michigan State. He'd probably be amenable to a trade back home. Pistons have said they want a veteran in trade for Grant, Green fits that bill. If Dwane Casey even wants to deal with Draymond doing podcasts and appearing on TNT instead of practicing his shooting.

Glad the Pistons have stuck with Casey. Hopefully they don't have him build up a contender and then pull the rug out from under him the year before they contend the way the Raptors did. Everybody praises Ujiri as a GM or head of basketball ops or whatever, but I don't think Casey was what kept the Raptors out of the Finals prior to Kawhi showing up. It wasn't changing out Casey for Nurse that got them in the Finals and the title, it was having Kawhi and the last gasps of Marc Gasol with Lowry. Plus Lebron changing conferences.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:38 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:

It was clearly a foul on Curry but no big deal. Boston blew the game all on their own. They will still take them in 6.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:43 pm 

Hussra wrote:
I think or at least hope Klay will return to something closer to his prior level next season, after a full healthy off-season. He's shown signs every so often, but he's not anywhere close to the consistent top level player he was previously.

I didn't like the way Iggy gave Memphis the heisman and bugged out for Miami instead of at least hanging around coaching up the younger players on that team. But I like Memphis the town, reminds me of Detroit. Guess it wasn't Iguodala's thing.

With Wiggins playing D, Gary Payton and maybe Kuminga and Wiseman start contributing next season. At that point Draymond's expendable. Green's from up the road from Detroit and went to Michigan State. He'd probably be amenable to a trade back home. Pistons have said they want a veteran in trade for Grant, Green fits that bill. If Dwane Casey even wants to deal with Draymond doing podcasts and appearing on TNT instead of practicing his shooting.

Glad the Pistons have stuck with Casey. Hopefully they don't have him build up a contender and then pull the rug out from under him the year before they contend the way the Raptors did. Everybody praises Ujiri as a GM or head of basketball ops or whatever, but I don't think Casey was what kept the Raptors out of the Finals prior to Kawhi showing up. It wasn't changing out Casey for Nurse that got them in the Finals and the title, it was having Kawhi and the last gasps of Marc Gasol with Lowry. Plus Lebron changing conferences.

I don't think anyone wants Draymond. One of the worst contracts in the league and on a losing team he would be murder for any coach to deal with.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:48 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

It was clearly a foul on Curry but no big deal. Boston blew the game all on their own. They will still take them in 6.

It wasn’t though. Didn’t decide the game, but horford initiated contact and didn’t stay vertical.

Not his fault, he was helping out on whoever gave Steph a clear path. But it was an obvious foul, particularly an easy call given his recent history with dirty plays on Curry.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
RFDC wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I can never pull for a team with Draymond on it. I cannot stand that dude.

But I guess you can see it however you need.

Where did I hear this before :scratch:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:45 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:

Yep!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:50 pm 

I like Boston tonight. GS needed every bit of Curry’s best game and they barely pulled it out (plus Tatum was a no show).

I could see this being a 20-30 point blowout heading back to San Fran.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:57 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Draymond will be tossed.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Passero's
Nardi wrote:
Draymond will be tossed.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next