It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 8:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Free Ajent wrote:
HOVA wrote:
Free Ajent wrote:
So with only Miller and Chalmers under contract right now does the big 3 basically "pick" the rest of the team they want?

Riley will do most of it. He gets a shout out for this.

Ya but i'm sure these guys will have a say so too.

This is as clean of a slate you could ask for, they have the opportunity to build the championship team from scratch and if and when they fail it will be more embarrassing than Lebron quitting in the last game in a Cavs uniform.

You guys make it sounds like they're drafting a team on Madden or something..who are they going to have to choose from? Most of the FA market is dried up. Plenty of teams who got shut out like the Nets and Clippers have tons of cash so it's going to be a hard sell to get players to come to Miami to play for the min when they can get 5-6 mil from someone else. They might get a few washed up guys to settle but most are going to go where the cash is

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:56 pm 

pizza_Place: *
I don't think with Wade,LeBron,and Bosh you have to "sell" players on coming to Miami.

You will see guys who are good enough to be pieces on a championship team want to go there as they think it will be a good chance to win a ring. They may take less money to do so too.

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Jack Brickhouse Toppings
So you got 3 rookies. M.Miller signing. Haslem probably resigning. Chalmers. Maybe D-Fish. All you'd need is two or three players. Prolly the 6,7,8 guys in ure rotation.

"He sounds like a man that was never challenged to be a man."
"He gives a lot of opinions without probably having many life experiences."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Ban me
JBills wrote:
So you got 3 rookies. M.Miller signing. Haslem probably resigning. Chalmers. Maybe D-Fish. All you'd need is two or three players. Prolly the 6,7,8 guys in ure rotation.

Only if he doesn't like money. He got a 3 year $20M offer from the Nets. The Heat can't come close to paying him that.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:04 am 
1000 CLUB

HOVA wrote:
JBills wrote:

Only if he doesn't like money. He got a 3 year $20M offer from the Nets. The Heat can't come close to paying him that.

Dallas is offering the 3 year, 20 million deal, and Miami can offer around 4 million.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:11 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I will be pissed if d fish sells out instead of staying the course. Why the fuck would you ever leave the current Lakers team? They are loaded, area team, are well coached, and have the latest issue of the ring.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Does Fisher's daughter still have that condition? Cuz supposedly his only reason for going back to LA in the first place is cuz he needs to be in that area for her treatment. If she still has it, he looks like a liar or an asshole. Or both. If he goes to Miami obviously.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:35 am 

I guess you weren't paying attention during the Finals. She is doing fine now.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:36 am 

HOVA wrote:

I think he was too busy making sure his guy didn't destroy Bagels' house.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:37 am 

HOVA wrote:

I only watched one game at home with the sound on. So while I watched all the games, I didnt listen to any of the Finals really. And not to sound like an asshole, but I really dont care enough about Fisher and his family that it's need-to-know stuff.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:04 pm 

Tyson Chandler debated opting out of his contract to test the free-agent market this summer, but decided against.

But looks like he's on the move anyway.

According to Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer the Raptors are close to sending Jose Calderon -- who has been rumored in trade talks for a while now -- for Boris Diaw and "possibly" Chandler.

But according to Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports, "Tyson Chandler confirms to Yahoo! Sports he was traded to the Toronto Raptors." So Chandler is indeed a part of this deal.

Chandler doesn't offer the offensive game that Chris Bosh does, but he'll bring a defensive mindset and rebounding to the Raptors' frontcourt.

Additionally, the Bobcats receiving Calderon means they'll fill in the point guard void left by Raymond Felton, who's now a member of the Knicks via free agency.

Diaw is also somewhat expendable now because of Charlotte bringing back Tyrus Thomas on a five-year $40-million deal.

UPDATE: According to Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports, the Mavericks are "determined to make it difficult" for Haslem to "easily return to the Heat."

Dallas has offered Haslem a three-year, $20-million deal. Such a deal has Dallas offering Haslem their full midlevel exception of $5.85 million.
---

Udonis Haslem reportedly has a three-year, $20 million offer from the Nets and has interest from other teams, too. He can come back to the Heat, but it would likely be at a major salary loss because of the money already invested in LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chirs Bosh.

His agent, Henry Thomas, who also represents Wade and Bosh, said Haslem would take the weekend to consider his options.

"This is a tough decision for [Haslem] because this is home both from the standpoint of growing up and from the standpoint of his NBA career, the only team he has played for," Thomas told The Miami Herald. "But he is a free agent and has interest from other teams. He is evaluating his options very seriously and hopes to have clarity early next week."

Awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

HOVA wrote:
Tyson Chandler debated opting out of his contract to test the free-agent market this summer, but decided against.

But looks like he's on the move anyway.

According to Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer the Raptors are close to sending Jose Calderon -- who has been rumored in trade talks for a while now -- for Boris Diaw and "possibly" Chandler.

But according to Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports, "Tyson Chandler confirms to Yahoo! Sports he was traded to the Toronto Raptors." So Chandler is indeed a part of this deal.

Chandler doesn't offer the offensive game that Chris Bosh does, but he'll bring a defensive mindset and rebounding to the Raptors' frontcourt.

Additionally, the Bobcats receiving Calderon means they'll fill in the point guard void left by Raymond Felton, who's now a member of the Knicks via free agency.

Diaw is also somewhat expendable now because of Charlotte bringing back Tyrus Thomas on a five-year $40-million deal.

Tyson Chandler, Boris Diaw and Leandro Barbosa to Toronto.
Hedo Turkoglu and Josh Childress (not part of the trade) to Phoenix.
Jose Calderon to Charlotte

Do I have this right?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:56 pm 

Thatd be a good move for Charlotte. Calderon would be ideal for them with Wallace and Captain Jack. Not sure if Tyson will ever be a good player again.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:02 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Thatd be a good move for Charlotte. Calderon would be ideal for them with Wallace and Captain Jack. Not sure if Tyson will ever be a good player again.

I agree.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:02 pm 

BD wrote:

Tyson Chandler, Boris Diaw and Leandro Barbosa to Toronto.
Hedo Turkoglu and Josh Childress (not part of the trade) to Phoenix.
Jose Calderon to Charlotte

Do I have this right?

Looks right.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:10 pm 

Actually after thinking about it just now Stephen Jackson would be a perfect fit with this Bulls team, when you were asking in the other thread who I think they could get to put them in the elite category. I dont doubt many here will disagree though. He's obviously crazy but I think most would agree he does give a shit about winning and is pretty damn tough. He's a great perimeter defender and isnt afraid to body up anybody. He can shoot threes and kick and slash with Rose perfectly.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:11 pm 

Where is Jackson at now?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:12 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Where is Jackson at now?

my guess would be a strip club

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:12 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Actually after thinking about it just now Stephen Jackson would be a perfect fit with this Bulls team, when you were asking in the other thread who I think they could get to put them in the elite category. I dont doubt many here will disagree though. He's obviously crazy but I think most would agree he does give a shit about winning and is pretty damn tough. He's a great perimeter defender and isnt afraid to body up anybody. He can shoot threes and kick and slash with Rose perfectly.

I thought about him but Charlotte seems to love him and he has a very team friendly salary. If I'm not mistaken Hinrich makes a little more than him.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:13 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
RFDC wrote:
Where is Jackson at now?

And how much money and years are left on his deal?

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:14 pm 

Bagels wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Where is Jackson at now?

and most likely firing his pistolas in the air...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:15 pm 

HOVA wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I thought about him but Charlotte seems to love him and he has a very team friendly salary. If I'm not mistaken Hinrich makes a little more than him.

I agree with all of that, I dont see why they would get rid of him. But since you mentioned Granger I cant see how Jackson would be any less available than Granger.

Bagels wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Where is Jackson at now?

:lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:11 pm 

The Heat are currently looking to fill out their roster on the cheap after the salary commitments made to the big three of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.

And if the Heat come calling, Jerry Stackhouse will play for the veteran's minimum.

"When you look at a situation with Miami now and having to try and fill their roster with minimum-type contracts .... I would take one of those minimum contracts if they're available," Stackhouse said with a smile while doing analyst work for NBA TV's "NBA Gametime."

Stackhouse indicated he's been in contact with the Bucks, but wants to go to a team where he can get a ring after 15 years in the league.

The Bucks picked him up in January of this past season after he failed to hook on with a team before the season started. He averaged 8.5 points and 2.4 rebounds for Milwaukee last season in 20 minutes of action.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:55 pm 

HOVA wrote:
He averaged 8.5 points and 2.4 rebounds for Milwaukee last season in 20 minutes of action.

Miami's depth problem is solved!

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:35 am 

I don't know why the Wolves gave up on Jefferson

To be the centerpiece of the KG trade and then for him to leave would be odd

But looks like he's headed to the Jazz for pretty much nothing, just a salary dump and maybe a pick or two

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:37 am 

I don't get it either bagels, Jefferson has always seemed like a real nice player. He should be a good fit for the Jazz now that they are without Boozer.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:01 pm 

Bagels wrote:

But looks like he's headed to the Jazz for pretty much nothing, just a salary dump and maybe a pick or two

I don't get it either. I know him and Love are pretty much the same guy but they must believe he won't be the same player he was prior to getting injured. I know the Lakers are glad the Mavs didn't get him.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:41 pm 

HOVA wrote:
Bagels wrote:

I don't get it either. I know him and Love are pretty much the same guy but they must believe he won't be the same player he was prior to getting injured. I know the Lakers are glad the Mavs didn't get him.

I think he and Love could play in the frontcourt together. The article I read for some reason claimed the Wolves reasoning was that there was a logjam in the frontcourt...never mind that they caused it by trading for Beasley and signing some other buster forward or center. But yeah, the injury concern is all I could think of realistically

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:53 pm 

The deal is done. They sent 2 first round picks and the trade exception.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

Is Utah also trying to sign Richard Jefferson?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next