It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:27 pm 

So is David Blatt an NBA champion?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:32 pm 

This series was a bit of a victory for Iso ball. Wasn't always pretty but Cleveland beat G.S. essentially by having the two best guys on the floor go one on one. It was their best chance at winning and they took it. They had two guys that couldn't be checked and that won it for them.

People complain about that style of play but there is nothing like having guys that can make plays even when the offense breaks down.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
long time guy wrote:
This series was a bit of a victory for Iso ball. Wasn't always pretty but Cleveland beat G.S. essentially by having the two best guys on the floor go one on one. It was their best chance at winning and they took it. They had two guys that couldn't be checked and that won it for them.

People complain about that style of play but there is nothing like having guys that can make plays even when the offense breaks down.

Completely agree. This style has been responsible for MANY championships.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:25 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Completely agree. This style has been responsible for MANY championships.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:28 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:39 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
long time guy wrote:
whiskey dick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Kyrie Irving is the most offensively skilled point guard in the league.

I can not fucking stand any team that's looking to take a 3 pointer on every single possession, but it's obvious that Steph Curry is in the conversation for greatest shooter of all time. Can you explain to me how Kyrie Irving would be considered a better overall PG than Steph from an offensive perspective? Because I'm getting some America type vibes from your posts. I generally don't give a shit about basketball when the Bulls are irrelevant, so I rarely ever frequent/lurk in the NBA forums. Forgive my ignorance - you might be perfectly sane for all I know.

Curry shoots better than Irving and that's about it, though Irving can shoot also. He has won a 3 point contest in his career. Irving has a better handle, better mid range and is a better finisher at the rim. He has the most complete skill set of any pg in the league. He gave G.S. about 25-30 on one leg in the only game that he played last season. In that game Curry ducked the cover though Irving did guard him. He checked the MVP on one leg Curry can handle also but he doesn't have it on a string quite like Irving.

Bump!

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/330 ... pg-history

Quote:
PORTLAND, Ore. -- Portland Trail Blazers coach and former NBA Finals MVP Chauncey Billups says he believes Brooklyn Nets guard Kyrie Irving is "the most skilled player" ever to play the point guard position.

"Kyrie is just, he's a wizard, man," Billups said before the Blazers' 114-108 win over the Nets on Monday night. "He's must-see TV. I personally think, as somebody that played the position, I think Kyrie's the most skilled player that's ever played that position. Just straight skill. Nothing else. Just straight skill. I think he's the best that I've ever seen at the position, skill-wise. So, obviously, he gives you a ton when he's playing."

"His shot-making is incredible," Billups said. "He's a better passer than people give him credit for. He's obviously a willing teammate. He's not just all about Kyrie. He passes the ball. He's a champion. He brings championship pedigree to the table. I think he hit maybe the biggest shot that I ever seen in NBA Finals history, that I seen.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23