It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1446 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 49  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:
Let us not forget your thoughts on Nerlens Noel. How is that working out? IMU care to chime in on this one as well. Noel has blown up right before our eyes. He stinks.

I choose not to do victory laps or discredit posters so a lot of the time I simply fall back. But it is time to do an "idiotic thought" assessment together. Lets see who has more of them.

Noel is still having a better season than okafor :lol:

You’re really bad at this.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:34 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Oh. Well that’s a lot different than calling him a HOFer now isn’t it?

He does have a chance. Almost every good player does. The basketball hall of fame is a joke and by far the easiest to get into out of all sports.

Its a little different but Butler isn't even the discussion. Yours maybe. Not everyone gets in either. That is a misnomer. It is easier than others but the guys that get in tend to have been top 10 or 5 at some point of their careers. He is neither.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:34 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
long time guy wrote:
Let us not forget your thoughts on Nerlens Noel. How is that working out? IMU care to chime in on this one as well. Noel has blown up right before our eyes. He stinks.

I choose not to do victory laps or discredit posters so a lot of the time I simply fall back. But it is time to do an "assanine thought" assessment together. Lets see who has more of them.

#TheBestSelfAwareness

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:36 pm 

Ok let’s get to some of yours

- Kyrie is better than Steph Curry. This is an all time dumb thought and continues to be.

- Cleveland won’t win the East last year. Oops, turns out they went 12-1 in the East bracket.

- Thunder are gonna be a 2 seed this year, better than the Spurs and Wolves. Oops!

- Carmelo makes teams better. NY is better without him and OKC is worse since acquiring him. Embarrassing.

- Nikola Jokic is just a guy. :lol:

Should I keep going?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:38 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Oh. Well that’s a lot different than calling him a HOFer now isn’t it?

He does have a chance. Almost every good player does. The basketball hall of fame is a joke and by far the easiest to get into out of all sports.

Its a little different but Butler isn't even the discussion. Yours maybe. Not everyone gets in either. That is a misnomer. It is easier than others but the guys that get in tend to have been top 10 or 5 at some point of their careers. He is neither.

It’s entirely different. That comment was criticizing the basketball HOF, something I’ve done countless times on here. It wasn’t saying Butler is a deserving HOFer. It’s not my fault you can’t understand this basic distinction.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:45 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Ok let’s get to some of yours

- Kyrie is better than Steph Curry. This is an all time dumb thought and continues to be.

- Cleveland won’t win the East last year. Oops, turns out they went 12-1 in the East bracket.

- Thunder are gonna be a 2 seed this year, better than the Spurs and Wolves. Oops!

- Carmelo makes teams better. NY is better without him and OKC is worse since acquiring him. Embarrassing.

- Nikola Jokic is just a guy. :lol:

Should I keep going?

Noel doesn't even play. Okafor will probably be starting before the year is out. Okafor was playing behind an All Star center. When they were on the same team he played before Noel. Do you want to make the bet regarding who will be starting between he and Noel Now? remember I said it depended on where Okafor landed?

Anthony made NY a Playoff team and a top 2 seed. What are you talking about? He is a 3rd option now and in his 15th year. You also said Butler was better than Irving. The gap between Irving and Curry has closed quite a bit and when I stated that Irving would outplay him he did. Its unsurprising that you would choose to flip it i.e. lie about it. Where exactly was I wrong with that?

You also said that Jokic was better than Irving and Cousins as I recall.

Carmelo Anthony has a proven track record of making teams better.

You also said that OKC had "no chance" against G.S. Remember when they were supposed to get swept?

I still have the Thunder to be better than the Wolves. Wolves will fade and you will get out your excuse hat like you did for Irving and Curry in the finals. When I have time I will find you dissing Simmons too.

As I said lets go.

This is no comparison. YOu're talking about guys being great (Jokic) that have never made a damn also team. You're terrible at this and need to quit. When I hitch my wagon to someone they tend to turn out good. You have a proven record of being dreadfully incorrect.

Last edited by long time guy on Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:50 pm 

You have a bad memory and your last statement is laughably stupid. Everyone reading this thread is going to disagree with you on that.

Guess I win this round. Better luck next time

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:52 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
You have a bad memory and your last statement is laughably stupid. Everyone reading this thread is going to disagree with you on that.

Edit: you changed your post. I was referring to Carmelo having a track record of making teams better :lol:

And stop lying about Jokic. That’s one that I CLEARLY won over you. He’s a great player. That’s indisputable.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:58 pm 

It’s funny you think you’re gonna find a comment about me dissing Simmons. I never watched him play in college and therefore never really had an opinion on him until this year. This year, I was the first on the board to say he’s going to own the league for the next decade, and I said this after he played just a couple pro games.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:59 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Edit: you changed your post. I was referring to Carmelo having a track record of making teams better :lol:

And stop lying about Jokic. That’s one that I CLEARLY won over you. He’s a great player. That’s indisputable.

You're sounding stupid. He took Denver to the playoffs his first year in the league. He also took New York to the playoffs his first year in the league. You're dissing a guy for not making teams better after 15 years in the league. Think about that for a second.

If Jokic is a great player how come he has never made an All Star team. Great players tend to do that you know.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:02 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
It’s funny you think you’re gonna find a comment about me dissing Simmons. I never watched him play in college and therefore never really had an opinion on him until this year. This year, I was the first on the board to say he’s going to own the league for the next decade, and I said this after he played just a couple pro games.

You were the first? You sure? I called him a franchise player during last season's injury riddled year. Again that was another one I got right. The Philly thread. You know. Most talent in the league. That thread. The one where the usual band of discreditors came out to tell me how wrong I was. Do we wish to dispute that now?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:04 pm 

long time guy wrote:
If Jokic is a great player how come he has never made an All Star team. Great players tend to do that you know.

He's played two full seasons. Are you even being serious with these comments? He was probably going to this year but the injury may have set him back, but it doesn't really matter. I use stats and watching the games to determine my opinions. You can keep using All Star game selections :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:09 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

You were the first? You sure? I called him a franchise player during last season's injury riddled year. Again that was another one I got right. The Philly thread. You know. Most talent in the league. That thread. The one where the usual band of discreditors came out to tell me how wrong I was. Do we wish to dispute that now?

You said he was "for real" and "a franchise type guy" before you ever saw him play a pro game. That's pretty solid but I dont make a habit of talking about players I've never seen play. As soon as I saw him play one pro game I immediately said he's gonna be the next dominant superstar in the game. That's probably more accurate than "he is for real" and "he is a franchise type guy"

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:04 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

You said he was "for real" and "a franchise type guy" before you ever saw him play a pro game. That's pretty solid but I dont make a habit of talking about players I've never seen play. As soon as I saw him play one pro game I immediately said he's gonna be the next dominant superstar in the game. That's probably more accurate than "he is for real" and "he is a franchise type guy"

I knew he'd be a franchise guy when I saw him play in the Vegas Summer league. Saw him in high school but I really didn't assess him much. Also saw him a game or 2 at LSU but he wasn't playing hard and college basketball blows.

Vegas Summer League is where I knew,he'd be a player.

You sure did make a habit of dissing Lauri Markannen without seeing him play.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
I'd like to point out that Jimmy Butler had an amazing Summer League and was spoken of often. But I guess that Summer League didn't matter...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:18 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I knew he'd be a franchise guy when I saw him play in the Vegas Summer league. Saw him in high school but I really didn't assess him much. Also saw him a game or 2 at LSU but he wasn't playing hard and college basketball blows.

Vegas Summer League is where I knew,he'd be a player.

You sure did make a habit of dissing Lauri Markannen without seeing him play.

Your last point is a fair one, although I did watch the tournament so I did see him play a little.

I still don’t think Markkanen is that good but I’ll admit he’s better already than I ever thought he would be.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Bench is getting plenty of run tonight :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:15 pm 

Not sure I could ever go to a TWolves game... the risk of this Timberwolves rapper guy performing at halftime is too high.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:02 pm 

This is awful you can't lose to the Suns at home

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:14 pm 

Look like fucking garbage

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:29 pm 

Timberwolves will probably be a 7th or 8th seed once the season ends. Shitty defensively. No bench. The Phoenix bench has played the majority of the fourth quarter and they are outplaying the Wolves starters. Their winning record is the product of an easy schedule and injury problems to opposing teams.

They should make the playoffs but there isn't anything here.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:32 pm 

Also obvious that Thibs is an overrated coach too.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:59 pm 

:lol:

I knew ltg would be jumping in here tonight to act like 1 game means more than 25 in terms of predicting future success.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:16 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
:lol:

I knew ltg would be jumping in here tonight to act like 1 game means more than 25 in terms of predicting future success.

Wrong Again. Becoming a trend. They've lost to Phoenix twice already. They really haven't been that impressive this year. 17-13 with the schedule they've played. You had them as a 50 win team. You can forget about that.

They struggle even with weaker teams and the Thibs grind machine isn't helping either.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:35 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
You sound stupid as shit and probably need to stick to baseball. You don't know shit about basketball. He played a good game. It wasn't great. I knew more about basketball as a fucking 8 year old than you know as a full fledged adult.

No one called it a great game. FF pointed out he was dominating the 4th quarter. This was a fact. 14 points including back to back clutch threes. He also forced a couple of turnovers and had his usual rebounds and assists. All around player.

long time guy wrote:
Of the people that attempt to talk basketball you're are by the worst.

Don't let your seething anger prevent you from typing all of the words of the sentence into the post.

long time guy wrote:
You do realize that Carmelo Anthony is a damn Hall of Famer don't you? Jimmy Butler isn't and I'd be willing to bet whatever price you set to venture that he won't be.

I realize that Carmelo Anthony and Jimmy Butler could have the same exact statistics in a game and you'd think Carmelo played amazingly and Jimmy Butler is a "third option." You'd think Jimmy Butler stole shots from teammates. You'd think he played "isoball." Even if he had more assists and less of a usage percentage than Carmelo. You are blind to actual performance. You see names...names you were either told were good or players you are a fan of, and then they can do no wrong and other players can do no right.

long time guy wrote:
In fact I got money that says he won't be an All Star this year. You want to take that bet?

I would make no bets regarding the ASG this year as the new format leaves too many questions. The captains might end up picking a large amount of teammates. If it were based on merit, I would take the bet in an instant. Jimmy Butler has been an All-Star for three consecutive seasons and he isn't slowing down.

long time guy wrote:
If Carmelo Anthony is slowing down at 33 or 34 years old that's what tend to happen with guys at that age. If you knew anything about sports you'd know that.

I was not discussing this year Carmelo or any specific year Carmelo. I excluded the last 5 years of his career, and pulled up games where he attempted 30 FGA or more. He has had many worse games when taking 30+ shots, and he has taken 30 shots about 50 times in his career it looks like. Not only that, and I haven't done the math yet, but the more shots he takes in a game, the worse his shooting percentage gets. If I were to take all of his 25+ FGA or 30+ FGA games, he'd be a 40% shooter. Maybe in the 30's. Go look yourself.

long time guy wrote:
Your ramblings give us shit such as MCW, Lance, Tyrus Thomas is Bobby Portis.

MCW needs good coaching. Lance Stephenson plays 22 minutes a game for a 16-11 team and is their spark plug off the bench. I said he could be a good contributor on a playoff team and he is. No one ever called him a star. This is in your head. Tyrus Thomas and Bobby Portis have eerily similar stats through this point of their respective careers. Portis his a few more threes. Tyrus was better defensively. Both scored the same amount of points. (Technically, Tyrus scores 0.1 more PPG and in less minutes)

long time guy wrote:
You don't get a response because most just realize that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Who does not respond to me? I mean honestly, there are people on this board that go out specifically to watch NBA basketball with me. Now who doesn't know what they are talking about?

long time guy wrote:
Pittmike and guys like Jorr seem like savants next to your know nothing ads. They don't even discuss basketball either.

I like my ads!

long time guy wrote:
To illustrate just how stupid You are about the game Carmelo Anthony's # 's in a down year and Butler's aren't really much different. Mind you he is the 3rd option on a team with the biggest chucker in the game. As I said before you need to stick to Baseball.

Butler over Carmelo:

• 2 more PPG
• Much better FG%
• Better 3P and FT %s
• About 3x as many assists
• Way more steals (9th in the league)
• Less fouls
• 12th in the league in Real Plus-Minus
• 20.01 PER versus 14.67 PER (there are 113 players between the two)
• 4.6 Estimated Wins Added versus Carmelo's 1.3

Butler also has one of the best turnover to minutes played ratios in the league, for anyone that plays 30+ minutes a game.

In what world are they having similar seasons?

The Players don't pick the players for the All Star game. This what I mean by you not knowing what you're talking about.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:41 pm 

IMU wrote:
You want to keep bringing up Carmelo in his 15th season and yet completely ignore than Butler is only in his 7th season (after essentially being redshirted in his first year) when discussing Hall of Fame credentials. Jimmy Butler has Hall of Fame potential.

This his a Hall of Fame career:

938 G, 19.6 PPG, 5.6 RPG, 4.4 APG, 43.5% FG, 74.6% FT, 47 eFG%, 22.1 PER, 97.3 WS

This is Jimmy Butler so far:

425 G, 15.8 PPG (21.5 last 4 years) , 4.9 RPG (5.8 last 4 years), 3.2 APG (4.6 last 4 years), 44.8% FG (45.7 last 4 years), 82.9% (84.6 last 4 years) FT, 48.6% eFG (49.3 last years), 19.4 PER, 52.3 WS

If Butler can keep his last 4 year pace for the next 4 years (Age 29-32 seasons) and not have his career cut short by injury, he would be a Hall of Famer.

Anyone that knows basketball would know that Anthony (other than this one) has never avg under 20 per game in any season of his career. This is what I mean by you not anything about basketball. You post 19 per game for his career. That's impossible and really nothing that has to be validated given his rep as a scorer. I did it anyway just to show how foolish you are about this particular subject.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... oca01.html

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:56 pm 

You can’t keep bringing up all star teams and then accuse others of ignorance. It’s ridiculous.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:55 am 

Thought NBA players pick some players starting in the 2018 season? If not, I got some bad information. But I'm not too worried about knowing the intricacies of an exhibition game.

Please respond to my entire post.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:56 am 

long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
You want to keep bringing up Carmelo in his 15th season and yet completely ignore than Butler is only in his 7th season (after essentially being redshirted in his first year) when discussing Hall of Fame credentials. Jimmy Butler has Hall of Fame potential.

This his a Hall of Fame career:

938 G, 19.6 PPG, 5.6 RPG, 4.4 APG, 43.5% FG, 74.6% FT, 47 eFG%, 22.1 PER, 97.3 WS

This is Jimmy Butler so far:

425 G, 15.8 PPG (21.5 last 4 years) , 4.9 RPG (5.8 last 4 years), 3.2 APG (4.6 last 4 years), 44.8% FG (45.7 last 4 years), 82.9% (84.6 last 4 years) FT, 48.6% eFG (49.3 last years), 19.4 PER, 52.3 WS

If Butler can keep his last 4 year pace for the next 4 years (Age 29-32 seasons) and not have his career cut short by injury, he would be a Hall of Famer.

Anyone that knows basketball would know that Anthony (other than this one) has never avg under 20 per game in any season of his career. This is what I mean by you not anything about basketball. You post 19 per game for his career. That's impossible and really nothing that has to be validated given his rep as a scorer. I did it anyway just to show how foolish you are about this particular subject.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... oca01.html

You idiot. The top stat line is Tracy McGrady, a Hall of Famer. Not Carmelo. Where did I say it was Carmelo's?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1446 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 49  Next