It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 49  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Wolves are better at winning the close games this year. Butler hit a big shot down the stretch but up until then he was extremely ordinary. It's apparent in watching them that Wiggins is their go to guy. Butler is a 3rd option.

I was switching back and forth but from what I saw Butler had the ball in his hands to start almost every possession the last few minutes of the game. Not sure where you're getting this 3rd option stuff from but I know it's not from watching the games.

I've watched six of their eight games in their entirety. When Butler is out there late, he's the first option. I'll happily share my league pass with you, ltg.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Wolves are better at winning the close games this year. Butler hit a big shot down the stretch but up until then he was extremely ordinary. It's apparent in watching them that Wiggins is their go to guy. Butler is a 3rd option.

I was switching back and forth but from what I saw Butler had the ball in his hands to start almost every possession the last few minutes of the game. Not sure where you're getting this 3rd option stuff from but I know it's not from watching the games.

They're a championship team if he's their 3rd best player.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

That applies to every team. If Butler is your third best player your team is probably gonna win 65+ games and compete neck and neck with Golden State.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:03 am 

City of Fools wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I've watched six of their eight games in their entirety. When Butler is out there late, he's the first option. I'll happily share my league pass with you, ltg.

They are running Isos for Wiggins on almost every play down the stretch. It has been that way since the beginning of the season.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:05 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

That applies to every team. If Butler is your third best player your team is probably gonna win 65+ games and compete neck and neck with Golden State.

They won't be better than the OKC "watch out world" Thunder by the end of the year.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:07 am 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Oh yes it is.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:10 am 

long time guy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

They are running Isos for Wiggins on almost every play down the stretch. It has been that way since the beginning of the season.

This is where I have trouble debating you, ltg, despite our mutual love of hoops. We watched the end of that game. Nearly every possession involved Butler bringing the ball upcourt, Towns setting the high screen, and running the offense through from there. Your statement above simply isn't true regardless of any of our thoughts on the players involved.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:06 am 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

This is where I have trouble debating you, ltg, despite our mutual love of hoops. We watched the end of that game. Nearly every possession involved Butler bringing the ball upcourt, Towns setting the high screen, and running the offense through from there. Your statement above simply isn't true regardless of any of our thoughts on the players involved.

You must have missed the Wiggins pin down on the wing where he shot the turnaround fade away shot? With a minute and change to go.

Or the Wiggins runner down the lane over Anthony Davis?

What about the First game against OKC?

The Butler and one over the defensively challenged Etwaun Moore was really more matchup related than anything. Didn't look like a designed play.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:16 am 

The runner over AD was setup by the Butler slash and kick. Stop being ridiculous. Butler didn't play well this game but he played well down the stretch outside of the dumb turnover with four minutes left and trying to go baseline against a double team. It's ok to admit what we all saw.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:58 am 

FavreFan wrote:
The runner over AD was setup by the Butler slash and kick. Stop being ridiculous. Butler didn't play well this game but he played well down the stretch outside of the dumb turnover with four minutes left and trying to go baseline against a double team. It's ok to admit what we all saw.

What you've been seeing:

Butler is the Better player despite being dominated by the Greek Freak during each and every matchup last season

Draymond Green is a top 15 player

Lauri Markannen will be a bust.

Lauri Markannen is a taller Ryan Anderson

Steph Curry and Lonzo Ball are good or even servicable defenders

I'm good on what you've been seeing.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:37 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

What you've been seeing:

Butler is the Better player despite being dominated by the Greek Freak during each and every matchup last season

Draymond Green is a top 15 player

Lauri Markannen will be a bust.

Lauri Markannen is a taller Ryan Anderson

Steph Curry and Lonzo Ball are good or even servicable defenders

I'm good on what you've been seeing.

Most people consider Draymond to be a top 15 player. I'm one of those people, yes.

I said Markkanen would be a bust before I ever saw him play a NBA game, and admitted I was wrong just a handful of games into his NBA career. And he IS a taller Ryan Anderson(better rebounding due to height and where he plays). That's pretty good for a guy playing his first pro games. Not sure what to tell you there.

I posted the links that proved you wrong on the Steph defense debate. Drop it.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:21 pm 

Quote:
The Wolves rank an embarrassing 28th in points allowed per possession, and they've been so helpless when Jimmy Butler sits, they might be better off just hacking the worst foul shooter on the other team. (OK, that's an exaggeration.) With Butler resting, opponents score at the same rate as last season's Warriors -- perhaps the greatest offensive team in league history.

One irritating foible: Towns is a chronic block-chaser, leaping waaaaay late at rejections he has no chance to get and leaving the defensive glass naked behind him:

If you start your jump when the shooter is about to release the ball, you might as well stay ground-bound and box someone the hell out -- something else Towns doesn't really like to do.

He is also among the very best at the Andrea Bargnani fake fly-by contest -- the little sideways jump con artists use to pretend like they are playing defense when they are really getting out of the way. Remember verticality? This is horizontality.

Opponents have grabbed 25.6 percent of their own misses against the Wolves, the fourth-highest share in the league, and that number skyrockets when Towns is on the floor, per NBA.com. That's not all on him, but some of it is.

For someone who zooms in a blur on offense, Towns can look strangely leaden on defense. He lurches in robotic, two-footed shifts. He positions his body at weird angles that reveal driving lanes. He also flat doesn't play as hard as he does on offense.

Towns has the tools to be a plus defender. He looked like he would be one -- and soon -- during the first half of his rookie season, and he has somehow gotten worse and worse since.

He has shown signs lately -- especially against Oklahoma City last Friday. Tom Thibodeau will always demand more. Towns needs to be better for the Wolves to get where they want to go -- to where Towns has declared he would take them.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Whatever is there, Thibodeau will find.

Or he will work out a trade involving KAT + pieces for Anthony Davis.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
FavreFan wrote:
Quote:
The Wolves rank an embarrassing 28th in points allowed per possession, and they've been so helpless when Jimmy Butler sits, they might be better off just hacking the worst foul shooter on the other team. (OK, that's an exaggeration.) With Butler resting, opponents score at the same rate as last season's Warriors -- perhaps the greatest offensive team in league history.

One irritating foible: Towns is a chronic block-chaser, leaping waaaaay late at rejections he has no chance to get and leaving the defensive glass naked behind him:

If you start your jump when the shooter is about to release the ball, you might as well stay ground-bound and box someone the hell out -- something else Towns doesn't really like to do.

He is also among the very best at the Andrea Bargnani fake fly-by contest -- the little sideways jump con artists use to pretend like they are playing defense when they are really getting out of the way. Remember verticality? This is horizontality.

Opponents have grabbed 25.6 percent of their own misses against the Wolves, the fourth-highest share in the league, and that number skyrockets when Towns is on the floor, per NBA.com. That's not all on him, but some of it is.

For someone who zooms in a blur on offense, Towns can look strangely leaden on defense. He lurches in robotic, two-footed shifts. He positions his body at weird angles that reveal driving lanes. He also flat doesn't play as hard as he does on offense.

Towns has the tools to be a plus defender. He looked like he would be one -- and soon -- during the first half of his rookie season, and he has somehow gotten worse and worse since.

He has shown signs lately -- especially against Oklahoma City last Friday. Tom Thibodeau will always demand more. Towns needs to be better for the Wolves to get where they want to go -- to where Towns has declared he would take them.

this is exactly what Towns does....I've been trying to figure out a way to say it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
The only thing separating Towns from Okafor is the ability to shoot the 3. And that's a nice skill to have but it doesn't really account for one player being rated the most desirable to build a franchise around in the minds of executives and one being seen as having no place in the league.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:04 pm 

SOLID

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Massive game tonight at Golden State....can't wait

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:32 pm 

Bagels wrote:

Probably the only time in history I will ever utter such gibberish but here it is.

LET'S GO WARRIORS!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:37 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:

Probably the only time in history I will ever utter such gibberish but here it is.

LET'S GO WARRIORS!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:47 pm 

Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:

LET'S GO WARRIORS!

:lol:

Should be a good game. Lakers/Celtics should be nice too.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:01 pm 

Bagels wrote:

My nipples are pretty rigid, I must admit.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:06 pm 

Golden State scores o/u 140 tonight?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:34 pm 

Durant being out tonight is unfortunate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:34 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

I'll take the under
I'll say 122

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:43 pm 

Bagels wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I'll take the under
I'll say 122

Probably right.

For kicks I'll say GS wins 129-114. Hopefully it's closer and/or Wolves win.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:30 pm 

Wolves defense is good tonight. And good for it...they aren't hitting shots.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Sloppy but entertaining first half. Butler and Teague really need to feed Towns more IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
SOLID first half

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:16 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
UNSOLID 3rd quarter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:21 am 

I don't mean to sound like a fanboy because I root against GS almost every time they play but man, that machine is just relentless if a team doesn't come to play 48 minutes against them.

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 49  Next