It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 2:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 49  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:30 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
I wouldn't take that bet. Butler has been better than Irving the last several years, but Kyrie is having a career year so far and his teammates are better than Butler's and he's in a worse conference so he's easily gonna have the better team record, which significantly impacts votes like this.

There's still a lot of season left to play though. Butler's December numbers are awesome. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the year plays out.

Kyrie Irving is playing with two unproven players and a guy (Horford) that Boston fans wanted to run out of town last year. Kyrie IRving has always been better than Jimmy BUtler. It didn't take playing for Boston. When they played on the Olympic team that was thinking. When he made his first All Star team that was the thinking. It is the thinking right now. He will be in the Hall of Fame barring injury. If not for the injury which made him miss 2-3 months a few years back he'd be on his 6th All Star game in 7 Seven years right now.

He is simply better and has been since he entered the league.

Imu stated that very few believe me then stated that he wouldn't take the bet because a substantial number believed me.

Look at the analytics that you love so much. I'm sure he is being murdered there also. The weaker conf. Argument is one of the primary reasons Butler made the All Star game.

It doesn't matter which conf with All NBA either.

I did. Kyrie is slightly ahead this year. Butler holds a commanding lead over him the last couple years and for their careers. As I said, Butler has been better recently. He got off to a poor start this season so Kyrie is slightly ahead stat wise(Kyrie is also having a damn good year himself, a career year).

It seems like you can't get straight which criteria you want to use. You change it daily depending on the argument. Is it All Star game appearances(Sorry but this is still a laughably stupid and primitive way to evaluate players). Is it All NBA teams?(Kyrie doesn't have an advantage there). Is it stats? Is it the eye test?

And yes, which conference you play in does affect how easy it is for you to make an All NBA team. Those teams take team record heavily into account, so if you are in a conference where it is easier to win games it's going to be easier to make an All NBA team.

So it was easier to make an All NBA team in the East as Butler did last season?

Kyrie Irving will also be top 5 in MVP voting this year. Has Butler ever placed anywhere at any point of his career?

Let's play the "analytics" game. Kyrie kills him there also.

Kyrie also is playing with the 2nd best player on the team. His team still has the best record in the league. No other player on their team will be an All Star either.

Fact is he is simply better and this season leaves no doubt. If he'd gotten away from James sooner it would have been become apparent much sooner. He was always better. This isn't anything new. Maybe to you and other posters on here thought it even during the summer. The majority that posted as I recall.

Much like Giannis you simply got it wrong and rather than admit it you're placing a number of variables in your evaluation.

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Watch out world

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:
The Wolves were 10-21 at this point last season

18-13 this year

LTG’s conclusion: Butler made them worse.

Ltg is the gift that keeps on giving.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:33 pm 

I’ll bet you $100 right now Kyrie doesn’t come top 5 in mvp voting.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:34 pm 

Nas wrote:

They are a better team but they were built to be better. They added 4 vets for the purpose of making the playoffs. They should make it but they will be a 7th or 8th seed.

This isn't a championship contending team by any stretch of the imagination. They are going to grind out regular season wins and get bounced first round of the playoffs. They should be further along than they are given the greatness of the coach and the ballyhooing over the talent.

Wiggins is a 4th year pro and Towns 3rd. It's time to make some noise if they are good.

This isn't a high ceiling team.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:35 pm 

I will also bet you $100 that there’s another all star on the Celtics this year. My guess is Horford.

We got a deal ltg?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:36 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

You're on

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:37 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

You're on

Outstanding.

What about the other wager?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:37 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
I will also bet you $100 that there’s another all star on the Celtics this year. My guess is Horford.

We got a deal ltg?

Nah they may throw him in just to get two guys from the Celtics.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

They are a better team but they were built to be better. They added 4 vets for the purpose of making the playoffs. They should make it but they will be a 7th or 8th seed.

This isn't a championship contending team by any stretch of the imagination. They are going to grind out regular season wins and get bounced first round of the playoffs. They should be further along than they are given the greatness of the coach and the ballyhooing over the talent.

Wiggins is a 4th year pro and Towns 3rd. It's time to make some noise if they are good.

Of course they aren't a championship team and they won't be next year either. In a couple years they'll start to compete. The pups have to learn how to win and that's what vets help them with. Towns REALLY misses KG.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:39 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

You're on

Outstanding.

What about the other wager?

You better hope for a season ending injury. If not you're cooked.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:39 pm 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

Of course they aren't a championship team and they won't be next year either. In a couple years they'll start to compete. The pups have to learn how to win and that's what vets help them with. Towns REALLY misses KG.

I don't think he misses KG. I just think he has no heart

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
The Wolves were 10-21 at this point last season and Butler is truly their only upgrade. I would call that a significant improvement.

Wiggins will be fine. In fact I believe he'll be better than Butler like Butler became better than Deng.

Edit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:42 pm 

I don't think Wiggins will ever be good. He's a one dimensional player who isn't great at that one dimension.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

I don't think he misses KG. I just think he has no heart

I completely agree with you about heart. I think a guy like KG could help him with that. LeBron and Gasol had a similar problem and Kobe and Wade helped them out.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
I don't think Wiggins will ever be good. He's a one dimensional player who isn't great at that one dimension.

Butler was only good defensively too.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:46 pm 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

You keep missing the essential point with them. It's not about being youthful. It's about being good. Towns and Wiggins do not play a winning style of ball. That has nothing to do with "learning how to win".

They have been in the league long enough to know what you have. When I look at guys like Embiid and Simmons I instantly see what separates them from Towns and Wiggins.

They are too one dimensional. They score but they don't impact the game in any other way. Towns rebounds but he is atrocious defensively. So is Wiggins.

Their shot selection stinks too. You can continue to chalk it up to youth and inexperience but that isn't really what it happens to be. Guys like Tatum and Brown are light years ahead of them from an I.Q. standpoint.

Each of the guys I named also play with more intensity. Higher motors and more competitive. None of them have played as many games as Wiggins or Towns.

At some point you are what you are.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:49 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

You keep missing the essential point with them. It's not about being youthful. It's about being good. Towns and Wiggins do not play a winning style of ball. That has nothing to do with "learning how to win".

They have been in the league long enough to know what you have. When I look at guys like Embiid and Simmons I instantly see what separates them from Towns and Wiggins.

They are too one dimensional. They score but they don't impact the game in any other way. Towns rebounds but he is atrocious defensively. So is Wiggins.

Their shot selection stinks too. You can continue to chalk it up to youth and inexperience but that isn't really what it happens to be. Guys like Tatum and Brown are light years ahead of them from an I.Q. standpoint.

Each of the guys I named also play with more intensity. Higher motors and more competitive. None of them have played as many games as Wiggins or Towns.

:shock:

A good ltg basketball post. It's like seeing a unicorn or double rainbow :wink:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:49 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

No argument. More of a belief that you can teach some talented players how to want it. Kinda like LeBron and Scottie.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:51 pm 

He sounds like he is talking about Carmelo and Kyrie when he talks about Wiggins and Towns.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:52 pm 

IMU wrote:
He sounds like he is talking about Carmelo and Kyrie when he talks about Wiggins and Towns.

Kyrie has heart. Miles and miles of heart. He shows it every June

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:53 pm 

IMU wrote:

Kyrie hit the shot to win a championship. Are familiar with the phrase "Out of your league".

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:58 pm 

long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

Kyrie hit the shot to win a championship. Are familiar with the phrase "Out of your league".

He still never wrote Lebron a Thank You card for gifting him that championship.

Well, at least he will finish his career with the one.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:59 pm 

I actually like Towns and Wiggins. I don't know if acquiring Butler was the right move. Not just because I don't believe Butler is elite either. I don't think he is a good fit for this team. This team was set up for Towns to be that guy. Thibs essentially aborted mission on that after Town's 2nd season in the league. Most GMs in the league believe Towns is a franchise guy. By placing Butler in that role you essentially stunt Town's development as the best player. Wiggins also. They are still the most talented guys on the team.

Wiggins is regressing as Butler is ascending. They paid Wiggins a shitload of money this summer. If he isn't good they are fucked.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:04 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
I actually like Towns and Wiggins. I don't know if acquiring Butler was the right move. Not just because I don't believe Butler is elite either. I don't think he is a good fit for this team. This team was set up for Towns to be that guy. Thibs essentially aborted mission on that after Town's 2nd season in the league. Most GMs in the league believe Towns is a franchise guy. By placing Butler in that role you essentially stunt Town's development as the best player. Wiggins also. They are still the most talented guys on the team.

Wiggins is regressing as Butler is ascending. They paid Wiggins a shitload of money this summer. If he isn't good they are fucked.

Neither were ready. You don't learn good habits by losing the bulk of your games. Butler and Taj are effort guys and for the most part professionals. A playoff appearance will be something they can build off of

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:05 pm 

long time guy wrote:
By placing Butler in that role you essentially stunt Town's development as the best player. Wiggins also. They are still the most talented guys on the team.

I'm struggling to understand how someone can watch the NBA all of last year and this year and still come to the conclusion Wiggins is more talented than Butler. Sorry man but that is an asinine thought.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:19 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
By placing Butler in that role you essentially stunt Town's development as the best player. Wiggins also. They are still the most talented guys on the team.

I'm struggling to understand how someone can watch the NBA all of last year and this year and still come to the conclusion Wiggins is more talented than Butler. Sorry man but that is an asinine thought.

Huh? You may not have noticed but Butler isn't all that talented. Wiggins is much more talented than Butler. His athletic ability alone separates him from Butler. He also has a better off the dribble game too. better finisher. Wiggins is generally regarded as very talented player. No one ever said that about Butler before he became good. No one was waiting for him to "put it all together". That has always been out there about Wiggins.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:28 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Huh? You may not have noticed but Butler isn't all that talented. Wiggins is much more talented than Butler. His athletic ability alone separates him from Butler. He also has a better off the dribble game too. better finisher. Wiggins is generally regarded as very talented player. No one ever said that about Butler before he became good. No one was waiting for him to "put it all together". That has always been out there about Wiggins.

So you're saying Wiggins is more talented because he was drafted higher and expected to be better coming into the league. That's an interesting take. Is Wiggins also more talented than Kawhi Leonard?

Butler is a better defender, shooter, rebounder, and passer. He's a better scorer AND a more efficient scorer. Outside of pre-NBA hype, you can't find one solid thing to suggest Wiggins is better at basketball than Butler. This year there is a very stark difference in their performance.

Take the L on this one man. It's a bad look insisting a player is more talented than another player who beats him in every single category.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:32 pm 
100000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

So you're saying Wiggins is more talented because he was drafted higher and expected to be better coming into the league. That's an interesting take. Is Wiggins also more talented than Kawhi Leonard?

Butler is a better defender, shooter, rebounder, and passer. He's a better scorer AND a more efficient scorer. Outside of pre-NBA hype, you can't find one solid thing to suggest Wiggins is better at basketball than Butler. This year there is a very stark difference in their performance.

Take the L on this one man. It's a bad look insisting a player is more talented than another player who beats him in every single category.

Wiggins and Towns have loser habits and aren't really competitive. In a year you'll see a lot of improvement.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:33 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You obviously don't know the difference between Better player and better talent. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who'd go on the record and say that Butler is more talented than Wiggins. I don't think you know what constitutes talent.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 49  Next