It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1446 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 49  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
35 will be a disappointment if everyone is healthy. 500 for a young team with no playoff experience in the vastly superior west is a win. Hoiberg should still be fired - he is Vinny del Negro reincarnated.

This is not the West of years past and the East is much closer than you seem to think. The West has 2 teams that are really good and it's debatable if either is better than Cleveland.

The TWOLVES have already lost to 3 teams that are unlikely to make the playoffs. They are,being manhandled coming out for the 3rd quarter.

They lost to a Grizzlies team with a rookie coach in his first game. They also started 3 guys that will likely be working at their local Steak and Shake in 2 years.

The local Steak and Shake happens to be Hoiberg's next gig.

"Manhandled" :lol: :lol: Like I said, except for the Thunder, they lost their other games by a combined 11 points.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:11 pm 

By the way, they came back and actually "manhandled" the Grizz by 36 the next time they saw them. :lol: :lol:

2013 CSFMB ROY

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
35 will be a disappointment if everyone is healthy. 500 for a young team with no playoff experience in the vastly superior west is a win. Hoiberg should still be fired - he is Vinny del Negro reincarnated.

This is not the West of years past and the East is much closer than you seem to think. The West has 2 teams that are really good and it's debatable if either is better than Cleveland.

The TWOLVES have already lost to 3 teams that are unlikely to make the playoffs. They are,being manhandled coming out for the 3rd quarter.

They lost to a Grizzlies team with a rookie coach in his first game. They also started 3 guys that will likely be working at their local Steak and Shake in 2 years.

The local Steak and Shake happens to be Hoiberg's next gig.

"Manhandled" :lol: :lol: Like I said, except for the Thunder, they lost their other games by a combined 11 points.

They are getting dominated in the 2nd halves of games. Very Bull like. They started out 20-3 against the Grizzlies and lost. I guarantee without checking a box score you'd miss three of the guys they started. The Bulls have lost to 3 talented teams. The Wolves are losing to bums. This is not an equivalent.

100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
Why are we even arguing about this 1 week into the season? All of these teams will play differently in the coming months and years.

Was there any protest when people were calling for Hoiberg to be fired during the preseason last yr.

Also the fact they have lost to teams that aren't that good should be cause for concern.

Also what exactly does playing better constitute? If Thibs wins less than 35 games it should be viewed as a disappointment by (Thibs philes). That is quite unbecoming for a coach billed as the 2nd best in the league. He also is coaching a talent laden team.

I wasn't slamming Hoiberg.

Young teams have to learn how to win and generally have a problem closing. This shouldn't be a surprise.

It will be a disappointment if they don't win 35 games

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:12 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
By the way, they came back and actually "manhandled" the Grizz by 36 the next time they saw them. :lol: :lol:

That was some feat apparently. The Grizzlies stink.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:14 pm 

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Just want to make sure you note the differences here:

T-Wolves: Young and inexperienced
Bulls: Experienced

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:18 pm 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
Why are we even arguing about this 1 week into the season? All of these teams will play differently in the coming months and years.

Was there any protest when people were calling for Hoiberg to be fired during the preseason last yr.

Also the fact they have lost to teams that aren't that good should be cause for concern.

Also what exactly does playing better constitute? If Thibs wins less than 35 games it should be viewed as a disappointment by (Thibs philes). That is quite unbecoming for a coach billed as the 2nd best in the league. He also is coaching a talent laden team.

Young teams have to learn how to win and generally have a problem closing. This shouldn't be a surprise.

They are losing to bad teams. It's not just the record. Denver is a young team. Also Wiggins and Levine are in their 3rd year. The only rookie is Dunn. Thibs should be able to will them to victory by the sheer force of his coaching greatness? That was how it was billed when he was unemployed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:19 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

You had the Bulls experienced and bad though.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

They are losing to bad teams. It's not just the record. Denver is a young team. Also Wiggins and Levine are in their 3rd year. The only rookie is Dunn. Thibs should be able to will them to victory by the sheer force of his coaching greatness? That was how it was billed when he was unemployed.

Okay

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:37 pm 

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

You had the Bulls experienced and bad though.

Yeah, with Hoiberg coaching they're bad. With PJ or Pop they're in the playoffs and out by the second round. 48-52 wins. Hoiberg can't meet that.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
I'm glad to see there is a lot of interest in the Wolves
Even the haters like ltg

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:57 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Even the haters like ltg

I like their players but if you don't think the Thibs watch is on you're delusional.

I like Towns, Wiggins, Levine, Dunn, and Dieng. Tyus Jones is cool too.

I think Thibs will screw it up though. Once he does there can't be any excuses.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:57 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Even the haters like ltg

TBH I wouldn't be this into them if it weren't for Thibs. The wolves became my second favorite team back in the Garnett and Starbury days. They weren't good but that tandem was awesome. Then I kept interest when they morphed into the KG, Cassell/Brandon and Sprewell core and played decent to good ball. Might be missing someone. Incidentally, my favorite number (21) comes from KG's jersey as a Timberwolf. Now I hate him...sort of. :lol:

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:01 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Even the haters like ltg

I like their players but if you don't think the Thibs watch is on you're delusional.

You're setting yourself up for a "if they're good it's due to talent and if they suck it's due to Thibs" argument. Not gonna happen. They have no prior record of excellence. If it happens under Thibs then he necessarily played a role in that. If you don't agree to this then there's no point of a debate.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:03 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Even the haters like ltg

TBH I wouldn't be this into them if it weren't for Thibs. The wolves became my second favorite team back in the Garnett and Starbury days. They weren't good but that tandem was awesome. Then I kept interest when they morphed into the KG, Cassell/Brandon and Sprewell core and played decent to good ball. Might be missing someone. Incidentally, my favorite number (21) comes from KG's jersey as a Timberwolf. Now I hate him...sort of. :lol:

I would though. I watched them a lot last yr and actually watched them play well down the stretch under Mitchell. I argued with one of my good friends regarding Wiggins vs Parker at draft time. He actually helped develop Parker at Simeon. I thought Wiggins was better. I also thought Okafor was better than Towns so I wanted to check for that. Can't fight that fight anymore. Towns is a stud.

Wanted the Bulls to take Levine and Dieng but they went for McDermott and Snell. I would watch them regardless of Thibs stuff but it does ramp it up a lot for me though.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:08 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Even the haters like ltg

You're setting yourself up for a "if they're good it's due to talent and if they suck it's due to Thibs" argument. Not gonna happen. They have no prior record of excellence. If it happens under Thibs then he necessarily played a role in that. If you don't agree to this then there's no point of a debate.

That dog ain't hunting. Nope nada zilch. Hoiberg was repeatedly bashed even when guys like Brooks, Moore, Baistow, Holiday, etc were trotted out game after the game. You repeatedly remarked about the importance of coaching. Those players had no record of success yet you repeatedly told the world (message board anyway) about how Thibs would have taken them to great heights.

He is coaching the last 2 rookies of the year. He has talent. He probably took over the most coveted job in the league this off season. He also is the general manager. No excuses. I don't expect him to be an instant contender but he should be able to get into the payoffs with that roster. West is down and there are spots available.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:21 am 

long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Even the haters like ltg

wait, i'm delusional if i don't think the "Thibs watch" is on 1 week into the season ? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:35 am 

Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Even the haters like ltg

wait, i'm delusional if i don't think the "Thibs watch" is on 1 week into the season ? :lol:

:lol:

One week. Amazing. Let's see where things stand in Feb. There is too much talent on that roster. Things will balance out

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:47 am 

Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Even the haters like ltg

Did you argue this point about the" Fire Hoiberg" in July of the year he was hired thread?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:54 am 

RFDC wrote:
Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Even the haters like ltg

:lol:

One week. Amazing. Let's see where things stand in Feb. There is too much talent on that roster. Things will balance out

They will be better but what does that necessarily mean? If they have an incremental improvement it will be a big letdown. Thibs was billed as a quick fix guy. Sam Mitchell had them playing good ball at the end of the year and they whacked him.

Thibs was handed the keys to the kingdom. He has to make the playoffs in order to see real improvement. His advocates have toured his greatness for the better part of 2 yrs and then a funny thing happened; He had to start actually coaching games.

He really hasn't lost to a good team either. They will beat New Jersey and then they start playing good teams. This could really get ugly really fast.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:05 am 

Quote:
Thibs was billed as a quick fix guy. Sam Mitchell had them playing good ball at the end of the year and they whacked him.

where you are you seeing this ? you keep bringing up that he's a 'quick fix' guy...what does that even mean ? That if they didn't start out 10-0 it was a failure ? what are you even arguing ? sounds like some bullshit you just made up to bolster your nonsensical argument

and Mitchell sucked. he didn't want to play Lavine, and for some reason didn't want to use Dieng either

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:14 am 

Bagels wrote:
Quote:
Thibs was billed as a quick fix guy. Sam Mitchell had them playing good ball at the end of the year and they whacked him.

where you are you seeing this ? you keep bringing up that he's a 'quick fix' guy...what does that even mean ? That if they didn't start out 10-0 it was a failure ? what are you even arguing ? sounds like some bullshit you just made up to bolster your nonsensical argument

and Mitchell sucked. he didn't want to play Lavine, and for some reason didn't want to use Dieng either

Nah don't have to go 10-0 just not 1-4 versus three teams that probably won't make the playoffs and another one that will probably be a 7-8 seed.

Hoiberg was considered terrible when the Bulls were 23-15. Where was the wait and see with him? He also wasn't given any slack after the Bulls had all of the injuries. He ended up 42-40. Let's see what Thibs does with a better roster than what the Bulls played with for a good part of the season.

Mitchell ended up about .500 over his past 28 I believe.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:02 pm 
100000 CLUB

This is a thread to avoid. Very few expect the Wolves to make the playoffs in Year 1. LTG was one of those guys months ago. The thing he was for Thibs is unhealthy and mostly wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Tibs is a "quick fix" guy? Are you high? Tibs is a good coach. You are a poor NBA observer.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:40 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
Tibs is a "quick fix" guy? Are you high? Tibs is a good coach. You are a poor NBA observer.

Thibs was regarded as a quick fix guy that eventually wares on players. The early argument isn't so much based upon the record as it is based upon the teams that they are losing to. THey haven't lost to any of the heavy hitters.

ONce again the "early" argument wasn't afforded to Hoiberg. I would match what I know about the NBA versus what you know anytime. You were one of the Curry vs Irving guys as I remember. How'd that work out for you?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:44 pm 

long time guy wrote:
ONce again the "early" argument wasn't afforded to Hoiberg

maybe because they fired a coach that was 50-32 ?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:46 pm 

Nas wrote:
This is a thread to avoid. Very few expect the Wolves to make the playoffs in Year 1. LTG was one of those guys months ago. The thing he was for Thibs is unhealthy and mostly wrong.

MOst on here expected the WOlves to be better than the Bulls in Thibs first year. The Bulls are going to make the playoffs. People love predictions around here until they actually throw the ball in the air and then they backpeddle quicker than Ali and run faster than Jesse Owens.

Its easy to say stuff in July which is what a lot of people were doing. The mere presence of Thibs was paraded on here as a panacea as long as he wasn't coaching. Now he is coaching and everyone wants to play "Curb Your Enthusiam"

He was touted as a coaching guru so long as he wasn't coaching. The only person that had him pegged as just an average coach was Matches.

He may prove me wrong but I doubt it. He is an ok coach that had good talent yet routinely was outcoached during playoff series. If this team doesn't markedly improve i.e. 40 wins then it is a disappointment. I have watched all of their games and they don't appear to be a 40 win team.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:47 pm 

long time guy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Thibs was regarded as a quick fix guy that eventually wares on players. The early argument isn't so much based upon the record as it is based upon the teams that they are losing to. THey haven't lost to any of the heavy hitters.

ONce again the "early" argument wasn't afforded to Hoiberg. I would match what I know about the NBA versus what you know anytime. You were one of the Curry vs Irving guys as I remember. How'd that work out for you?

WAre did you get this INfo? How do you apply a "quick start" to five games? That's my question. And hey, I don't even like Curry. I just dislike Irving's game more. Sad thing is Irving is certainly more able to play defense than Curry.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:48 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

MOst on here expected the WOlves to be better than the Bulls in Thibs first year. The Bulls are going to make the playoffs. People love predictions around here until they actually throw the ball in the air and then they backpeddle quicker than Ali and run faster than Jesse Owens.

Its easy to say stuff in July which is what a lot of people were doing. The mere presence of Thibs was paraded on here as a panacea as long as he wasn't coaching. Now he is coaching and everyone wants to play "Curb Your Enthusiam"

He was touted as a coaching guru so long as he wasn't coaching. The only person that had him pegged as just an average coach was Matches.

He may prove me wrong but I doubt it. He is an ok coach that had good talent yet routinely was outcoached during playoff series. If this team doesn't markedly improve i.e. 40 wins then it is a disappointment. I have watched all of their games and they don't appear to be a 40 win team.

I predicted the Bulls to be better than the Wolves, check the tape. And you say he had "good talent"? Not sure if serious...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:52 pm 

Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:
ONce again the "early" argument wasn't afforded to Hoiberg

maybe because they fired a coach that was 50-32 ?

You know what? CLeveland Fired a coach that took his team to the Finals. Grizzlies fired Hollins after winning 56 games Nuggets Fired Karl after winning 55 56 games and the Clippers fired Vinny after winning 56 games.

The Bulls underachieved during his last season given their talent. Anyone with half a brain could see that. Hoiberg lost twice as many games to injury as Thibs did his final season and he also had players openly working against him and he still was 42-40.

People on here were complaining about him when the team was 23-15. They were on pace to do at least what Thibs did and that was with Rose playing terribly. NO one cut him any slack when he was trotting out D-League caliber players. Now everyone is flowing with excuses.

They will play better but this isn't a playoff team.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1446 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 49  Next